Here comes the sun (Ssambbang)

Moments in Stream (One-shot collection)

When she saw the first photos on timeline, Chaewon's hands started to shake little and all the oxygen seemed to disappear from her lungs. Ever the observant Chaeyeon noticed the changes on fairy sitting next to her on sofa and tried to take quick peek of her phone. Chaewon really tried her best to shield the screen without attracting too much attention, but the grin on their main dancer's face told she didn't succeed on it.

Rolling her eyes, Chaewon turned little bit away from Chaeyeon and shifted her concentration back to her phone. Now there were more photos  - and her breath got caught in . The smile, the twinkle in those eyes. She could feel wave of emotions hitting her.

Hers.

That ray of sunshine - no, whole damn brightly shining sun who could blind anyone with her beauty.

Her better half.

Her Tomi.

Hers.

"What did I do to deserve her" came out of before she remembered she's definetly not alone in dorm. "Eunbi-unnie, Chaewon is being all mushy and gross again"  could be heard from other end of the sofa and was accompined by Wonyoung's gagging sound. "Aww, let her be. Our Chaewon in love is adorable" their leader said, amusement clear on her face when she pinched bright red cheeks of aforementioned girl. "I've heard of red nosed reindeer, but is this fairy with red cheeks new thing?".
Chaewon decided now would be the best moment just to escape to keep the last bit of her dignity and reputation.

(And maybe because their crackhead duo started to sing "Tomi and Chaewon sitting in the tree-". Last things before Chaewon closed the bedroom's room were how something soft connected with, based on quack, Yena's head - most likely it was pillow projectile launched by Yuri. And right after that lot of screaming. She could hear Hyewon shouting "not in front of my food!", mixed with Eunbi's very stern "Yabuki Nako!" and Minjoo's "Yujin, are - are you okay?". Nako, apparent cause of the chaos sounded very satisfied and smug while reasoning "Well, that shut her up, right?")

Chaewon checked that the room was empty before throwing her body to closest bed. She tried to calm down her wildly beating heart - tried not to think about that smile that leaves sun jobless, about how she would always feel so warm when they cuddled (Hitomi would often state that she needed her own personal heater because she disliked cold - and Chaewon was happy to help). She really tried not to think how their kisses always left her feeling like her skin and lips were burning in very pleasant way and made her feel so fuzzy and light-headed - this whole "not thinking" thing wasn't really working out.

Chaewon almost jumped out of her skin when she felt her phone vibrating and she accepted in-coming call with shaking fingers when she saw the caller id.

"H-Hi" The fairy grimaced at how her voice came out so breathy, like she had been running (though her heart was also acting like that)
"Unnie, are you okay? Why you sound so out of breath?" she could hear the small concern in her girlfriend's voice and her heart swelled more.
"Don't worry, I'm okay. I just-" Chaewon had to clear before she could continue her sentence.
"I just saw some of the pics. You - you looked so beautiful". She could hear how the younger girl chuckled at that, could feel how her cheeks were painted with pink (she briefly closed her eyes and imagined how the other girl would also be blushing. Because she can't be only one). And after the shortest heartbeat, before Hitomi could interrupt her she continued with barely audible voice. "I miss you already".
Chaewon could hear the laughter in her other half's answer "Silly, it's only been couple of hours". And - and maybe she imagined that little swallowing - "But I also miss you".
And now it was fairy's turn to chuckle. Yes, both of them were absolutely whipped.
"Good to know I'm not the only one being hopeless"
Chaewon heard Hitomi's whining and her heart almost combusted right there.
"Ah, unnie, I'm sorry but I have to start boarding the plane now"
"It's okay, message or call me when you're at home"
"I will " Chaewon could hear how Hitomi took breath in before continueing - "I love you, Chaewon"
And just like that she forgot how to speak for a second, the soft tone of her girlfriend's voice turning her insides in to jelly.
"I love you too, Tomi". It wasn't first time, but still hearing and saying those words filled Chaewon with so much warmth. And she wished (she knew) that it would stay like that for rest of their lifes.

After they ended their call, Chaewon stayed still for a while. She really needed to collect herself before facing other members. She knew the teasing would be inevitable, but she'd like to keep the amount as little as possible, thank you very much.

Her phone vibrated again, this time notifying her of new messages. They were from Wonyoung: "Unnie! We moved to other dorm and Eunbi and Hyewon went to convenience store and please, come here before Nako murders Yena and Chaeyeon" followed by video. She took a second to prepare herself to whatever that video would contain.

At first it showed Yuri playing with switch (she couldn't understand how the hamster-like girl could concentrate with all the noise around her) and Minjoo who just straight up looked like she had given up about something, before hastingly panning to source of all the commotion.

If by any change Chaewon had wondered how Nako had managed to silence Yujin before, now she had her answer. Their second youngest member had her face buried on the shoulder of shorter girl who looked fuming and ready to throw fists. Even from the small video Chaewon could see how both of their faces were red like a firetruck.

And then she heard the familiar tune and - oh god, those two really wanted the world to burn.

It was Yena and and Chaeyeon singing the familiar tune from top of their lungs: "Nako and Yujin, sitting on a tree k-i-s-s-". And then the video cut off.

The fairy jumped right to her feet and started to half-jog to the other dorm, while quickly forwarding the video to Hitomi.
"You might want to say goodbye to Yena and Chaeyeon" she wrote on the first message. Then as a afterthought she sent another message:
"Oh, and sun called. They wanted their job back. Too bad they called me, because you're my one and only sun :* "

Chaewon chuckled, imagining how Hitomi would groan and then blush once she'd read the message.  And that alone was enough to make the warmth spread from inside of her, coloring her neck and cheeks with red.

Truth to be told, she'd prefer scrolling through all those pics of her beautiful girlfriend.

But she had two reckless idiots to save. Or at least try to save.

 



I'm sorry - this just happened ;__; And if this was overly sweet or clumsy or doesn't make any sense, I'm gonna blame it on eating half of my christmas candy stack (which is lot!) and drinking +4 cups of coffee while writing 
(and on missing my gf who's been at the other side of country since evening of christmas eve-)

And I just couldn't help, but drag Nakjin/Ahnko from previous one-shot to here. And I'm so sorry for Yena always getting hit with pillows ^^;