Sehun

The Strongest Bond

 

“So where are you from?... what was it called again... Exo... Exorian?” Jongin asked when they got back into the house.

“Yup! I'm an Exorian from the planet system Exor.” he said proudly.

“Do you have a name? Mine is Jongin by the way, nice to meet you.” he told him awkwardly. It was weird having him in his house now that he knew he was staying. Especially since he still had no shirt on. He could not get used to that. At all.

“Of course I have a name!” he grinned and started producing a very loud, high pitched sound. Jongin wanted to cover his ears.

“Uhm, that's your name?” Jongin frowned. There was no way he was ever going to be able to pronounce that.

He nodded eagerly, waiting for Jongin to try saying his name.

He cleared his throat.

“Here goes nothing, he he...” he strained his vocal chords to their limits, letting out a really high, squeaky noise. It sounded awful.

“You just called yourself an idiot!” he roared with laughter, nearly falling to the floor he was giggling so hard. It was cute, and kind of contagious. His face was all scrunched up in an eyesmile, snickering like a little piglet.

“You liar! You are so making this up!” Jongin crossed his arms and pouted in protest. Not fair. He could just say anything and Jongin had no way of knowing if it was true or not. He had never been to outer space. How was he supposed to know.

“Exorians never lie! We can't.” he looked at him with innocent eyes.

“Everyone can lie.” Jongin didn't buy it.

“We can't! We can only speak the truth. We see no point in lying, it just delays the path to the truth.” he recited as if it was something he had learned in school when he was little, or been brainwashed with.

“Okay, but we're definitely going to need a nickname for you. There is no way I'm going to call myself an idiot every time I need to get your attention.” Jongin chuckled goofily. “How about... Sehun!” he suggested.

“Sehun. Se-hun. Sehun!” he tried it out a whopping twenty times, saying it in twenty different ways, before asking “Why Sehun?”.

“'Se' means world, because you're from another world. And 'hun' means something like goodness I think, so I thought it would suit you perfectly. Because you are a good another worldly being, right?” he hadn't really thought that deep about it, he had just got the idea to use 'Se' and said the first Se-name he could think of. It turned out better than he had expected. “But like, I just think the name is cute, and it suits you.” he gave him a friendly smile.

“It suits me because I am also cute?” Sehun asked, his eyes full of childlike curiosity.

“What?!” he choked on his own saliva, coughing, his face turning red. “You can't just ask that to a person you just met.”.

“Why not?” Sehun blinked, having no sense of impropriety.

“I don't know. Just because. It's not polite to just randomly ask people personal questions.” he explained embarrassed. “I mean, you must get it. If you can't lie, then it's even more embarrassing if someone asks you something personal. I mean what if I asked you if you thought I was cute?” he tried to get through to him by using himself as an example.

“Then I would answer: Yes, I think you are very cute. I like looking at you. It makes me smile.” Sehun shamelessly replied like nothing was more natural.

Jongin's face felt like it was on fire, he felt so self-conscious and uncomfortable, but he couldn't keep a tiny butterfly from escaping out of his heart, flying happily around inside him, tickling his gut.