Yoong XIII - Sleek

Romantic Street: Crossroad of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What is Tiffany doing in there?" Jessica said from the other line of the call. "My goodness. Oh my goodness."

I responded, "I don't know. But, I think Yuri-hyung knows. Just be calm, okay? We'll get to the hospital in a few minutes. We'll meet you there."

"Okay."

We both ended the call.

"How's Jessica?" Taeyeon-hyung asked me.

"She's okay. She was at home the whole time. She's be heading to the hospital now too."

"Okay. Good."

Sooyoung was driving us to the nearest hospital where Tiffany-noona is being rushed. Yuri-hyung needed to be treated too due to the burns he got. Thus, the ambulance took them both.

"Why on Earth the spooky building get to be engulfed by fire like that? It was so freaking big." Soo asked.

Taeyeon-hyung uttered, "I heard from the fire correspondents that it might be due to gasoline. Someone might have set it up on purpose."

I said, "It could be the school administration, probably a free demolition propaganda. They could also claim this from the fire insurance."

"Or could be someone's targeting Tiffany." he said.

Sooyoung and I looked at him. "Why would someone target Tiffany?"  Sooyoung asked.

"Tiffany was the only victim there. No one else was in there except for her. Also, that building has been there for many years, untouched. It seemed the school has no plans to demolish it anytime soon too. At least that's how we know of. It can be the school administration, yes. But that would be arson, you know."

"Right." I agreed. "They may get into more trouble if they really did it."

"Who could it be then?" Sooyoung asked. "Why would someone try to kill Tiffany? And what the is she doing there in the first place?"

I sighed, "That's the question only Yuri-hyung knows the answer."

 

 


---

 

 


We arrived at the hospital. Tiffany-noona and Yuri-hyung were immediately taken to the emergency room.

It was a good thing that Tiffany-noona wasn't really harmed by the fire. She was deprived by oxygen that is why she has been unconscious. Thus, she needed to rest at the hospital probably for a day or two too just for additional checks. Yuri-hyung's burns, on the other hand, were minor as well. He still needed to be detained at the hospital too for any possible infection.

After the both have settled and condition was stabilized, Sooyoung needed to leave right away. He set to fly with his dad out of the country. Taeyeon-hyung, on the other hand, volunteered to accompany Sunkyu for the night and probably would be extended the next day since Yuri-hyung needed to stay here. Jessica and I were the ones volunteered to stay with the two.

It was night time. Yuri-hyung and Tiffany-noona were already resting at their own confinement rooms. Jessica and I decided for a quick coffee break downstairs.

"Lucky Fany." she uttered. "I am so envious."

"What do you mean lucky?"

"The way that midget described the scene earlier had made Yuri so chivalrous and heroic in my eyes. Midget said Yuri came out from the fire while holding Tiffany in his arms. So freaking romantic. Fany is so lucky she got her own hero to save her."

"Well... She's not the only one who get her own hero."

"Oh. Who else?"

"You got one."

She chuckled, "Imaginary? I think so too."

I cleared my throat, "Your rooftop prince? I remember he also carried you down in his arms back then?"

She looked at me intently for like a few minutes. Then, she asked, "Are you saying you are my hero?"

"Uhmm yeah?"

"Where did you save me from?"

"From yourself?"

"Which I despised since that's all I ever wanted in my life. You're not my hero. You're like a supervillain to me."

I sighed, "Fine. I guess I am."

It was then silence for a moment.

She uttered to break the ice, "My father wants to send his thanks on it, by the way. I told him about that rooftop thing."

"No worries."

She then looked down shyly, "I uhhhmm... I want to say thank you too. But I still despise you about it, though."

"I understand." We both then exchanged smiles. I redirected, "You know, I actually thought you'd be in your dark makeup when you got here."

"Yes. I was supposed to. But do not worry. I am planning to tattoo a permanent dark makeup on my face soon."

"What the..." I stopped walking and she stopped too. I looked at her in disbelief.

"What?"

"You cannot do that."

"Yes. I can. That's the trend nowadays so there would be no need to retouch."

Goddamnit.

I know I am freaking in love with her now in her dark makeup but come on. Freaking come on. I don't want her to wear that for the rest of our married life!

"Do not worry." she said. "I wouldn't be wearing my tattooed dark makeup long enough. I am going to die soon, anyway. Like probably I could stay around two years more."

"So you have already calculated your lifespan?"

"Sort of."

"I see..." I continued to walk towards the coffee vending machine and she followed.

"Now what?" she asked.

"What?"

"No reaction?"

"Err... Awwwww?"

"I mean, no violent reaction?"

"I believe you with what you say." I imitated mockingjay sign in the hunger games.

She then smirked, "So, you are supporting me now with my beliefs?"

"Loyalty." I said and winked. "What's the reward, anyway? Any hint?"

"Oh. You're going to really like it. Don't be excited that much."

"How many points should I accumulate?"

"Hmmm. Thirty is okay."

"That many?!"

"You really have to work hard on it, Mister Im." she said and awkwardly winked. She bought two coffee cans out from the vending machine and handed one to me. "You really have to work really really hard. It's a very very rewarding prize. I think you'll be crying in joy from it."

"Oh. Really, huh."

"Yes. Really."

I chuckled, "You haven't thought of it yet, have you?"

"Shut up and stop reading my mind." She made a blowfish out of her cheek.

"See how annoying it is when you read someone's mind?"

She glared at me. Then, she punched me so hard on my upper arm.

"Ouch!"

"Are you telling me I am annoying?!"

"Maybe?"

She punched me again. Damn. This girl is too damn strong despite her small figure. "I hate you!" She then stomped her way out.

Hmmmmm. Sure Yuri-hyung's way seemed to work.

Well, I am aware of his 'teasing' strategy on Tiffany-noona. It's quite different compared to my previous method, you know. My previous one is the 'annoying' strategy. They're both on the same aspect but different in execution.

I guess I can try to adapt this a bit in combination of the 'painfully slow' strategy Taeyeon-hyung told me.

Right. It is going to work this time, I'm sure.

 

 


---

 

 

Jessica slept on the spare bed in Tiffany-noona's room while I did in Yuri-hyung's room. So, the next morning, my overly paranoid Yuri-hyung woke me up with his paranoia. He freaking slapped me on my leg.

"Damn it, Hyung! Why did you slap me?!"

"I keep on shouting at you yet, you're not waking up!"

"I am having the best dream, alright!"

"Where's Tiffany? Is she okay?"

"I believed you fell asleep knowing she was okay, hyung. What the hell is wrong with you?"

"But what if she won't get to wake up?!"

I sighed loudly. "What do you want me to do?"

"Where is Tiffany?!"

"Take a rest first, hyung."

"These are just minor burns." Then, he went out of the room. He's really really too paranoid about Tiffany-noona.

I followed along. I sighed deeply. So freaking stubborn.

He found her room and quickly barged inside. "Tiffany!" he shouted and rushed beside her bed.

"Hyung! I told you to take a rest first." I said as I came in.

"There's nothing we can do, Mister Im. They're both stubborn." Jessica said to me. We both happened to just stare at the two annoying lovebirds.

"Are you okay?" Yuri-hyung asked worriedly.

"I'm okay now. Thank you. Thank you for saving me." Tiffany-noona said and smiled.

He suddenly hugged her tight. "Thank goodness. You had me worried in there."

Smooth.

And you know what? She hugged him tightly and cherishingly. It's like she's returning his affection straight away.

Yuri-hyung is smooth as fudge. Damn it. I am envious.

I looked at my precious Jessica. She's just staring at the two so blandly. Why? Why can't you be like Tiffany-noona? Why so cold?

As soon as the two annoying lovebirds calmed down from loving each other, Jessica asked her best friend, "What were you doing inside that spooky building, bestie?"

"I uhhmmm..." she mumbled then avoided Jessica's gaze.

"Are you living in there?"

"Y-yes..."

Jessica sighed loudly as she closed her eyes. She looked like a very disappointed older sister of hers. So cute. 

"I just got no choice. I got kicked out from my previous apartment and I haven't got a job for months now."

Jessica then sighed again. She redirected to Yuri-hyung. "And since when did you know about this?"

He avoided her gaze, "Since last Tuesday... I told her I'll give her a week to find another place."

Tiffany-noona suddenly butted in, "Don't be hard on Yuri, bestie. I actually begged him not to report me. I just really have no place to go."

"Fine. Thank you for saving her, Yuri."

"No worries."

The two lovebirds looked at each other again and exchanged warm smiles. Then, Tiffany-noona suddenly threw him a hug.

So smooth.

They just met last Monday. Just last Monday! Four days ago, to be exact!

I sighed deeply.

How to be Yuri-hyung?

 

 

---

 

 


And you know what, people? I have not seen Yuri-hyung for two weeks. Taeyeon-hyung saw him a week ago and talked but after that he still vanished. He admitted to Taeyeon-hyung now though that Tiffany-noona resembled his dream girl.

Anyway, it's Friday today. And you know how everyone feels every Friday, right? Bum. I feel so bum I want to ditch school.

So... I am going to be really be in trouble for this. I am currently staring at the very large button of the emergency alarm in my college building, second floor. My hands are itching. I have never embarked on a prank for this semester yet. I am so tempted. Really tempted.

I forwarded my hand. I was about to press it.

No. I will get expelled for this. I withdrew it.

No. Temptation struck me. I forwarded again. My finger has touched the button.

You know how it is when it comes to gigantic red buttons, right? Anyone will be the same as me. Curious about what's it's gonna do. There has been a study over the internet about it. No person in this world who will not get tempted on buttons like this.

Yoong. Press it. Then, if you'll get to be kicked out... Hmmm... where should I go? Ah In will not accept me anymore. Hmmm. 

No one's going to catch me, anyway.

Catch me if you can. Right. Ha! No one will and no one can.


I pushed it. Damn it felt so good.

It's kind of weird, though, that after I pressed it, the other emergency alarms alarmed as well.

Holy . Is this the main emergency alarm switch?

"YOONG!" My professor in financial accounting has rushed towards me.

. . . . .

"Thank goodness you are on time to trigger that." he said. "Don't panic. Exit the building slowly."

"Wh-what?"

"Calm down. Take a deep breath first and walk out of the building slowly."

"What is going on?" 

"There's a bomb found at the college of science building."

"WHAT?! THERE'S A BOMB AT THE SCIENCE BUILDING?!"


"THERE IS A BOMB AT THE SCIENCE BUILDING!!!" a guy who have heard me shouted. It has triggered a panic all over the building.

My professor glared at me, "Why did you freaking shout?!"

"THERE'S A BOMB AT THE SCIENCE BUILDING, PROF!" I shouted so loud. I couldn't control it. I am panicking as well.

And yes, it was a real damn commotion. Stampede has started as the students rushed out of the classrooms. Even my professor panicked and joined the stampede too.

No. Jessica. Where is she?!

I need to freaking save my future wife or else our children will forsake me!

My future then flashed before me. 'You didn't save mommy!' our little Justine said to me while glaring at me. 'I hate you, daddy, I hate you!'

Noooooooo!!! My sweet baby Justine cannot get mad at me like that. I need to save her mom!

I saw an opening at the window. The college of architecture building is just right beside my college building. It's just around a three-meter difference. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter