Epilogue

Shape Of You | #michaeng
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Your love was handmade for somebody like me."

More than Two Years Later

14 February 2021

"What's up, Tzuyu?" Chaeyoung answers her blaring phone. 

"Yo, are you back in Seoul?" asks Tzuyu from the other side of the line. 

"Aww you miss me?" Chaeyoung teases. 

Meanwhile, she leans against a lamp pole beside the street, feeling damn tired from a two hour train ride. She had gone to Daegu for a business trip for three days and worked tirelessly just to make sure she can make it back to Seoul on Valentine's Day. 

"Oh you," Tzuyu scoffs. 

"Miss you too," Chaeyoung snickers, "I just arrived. Like an hour ago." 

"Oh so are you coming back home tonight?" asks Tzuyu, "Fyi, I have a date." 

Over the phone, Chaeyoung catches the sound of glassware clinking in the background. Her best friend must be cooking in kitchen. 

"So do I," Chaeyoung retorts, rolling her eyes, "I'm not going home tonight. You can have the house all to yourself." 

"Which reminds me," Tzuyu chuckles as she suddenly thinks of something, "Do you remember two years ago, you told me not to come back home but the next day, you're not even there? I was so pissed because I had to put up with Dahyun's madness for the entire night." 

Warmth spreads across Chaeyoung's heart. Of course she remembers that particular December night. Not because of Tzuyu's unlucky suffering. It simply holds one of her most memorable moments with her girlfriend. 

The night when it all started. Their love story. 

Chaeyoung never believed in love. She didn't expect to love and to be loved. Until that night she met a singer at a random bar. She was singing Shape Of You and immediately captured Chaeyoung's attention.

That singer was Myoui Mina. 

"I was staying at Mina's house. I thought we were going back to my place," caught in a sweet daze at the thought of her girlfriend, Chaeyoung almost forgot to reply Tzuyu. 

"Yeah yeah, you wanted to get into her pants, just say it," Tzuyu sneers, "But now you've become a softie. I don't get how Mina unnie tamed you. You don't even smoke that much now." 

"Trust me, you don't want to know," says Chaeyoung. 

"So where are you now, softie?" asks Tzuyu.

"I'm waiting for Mina outside JYP Entertainment," Chaeyoung spots a familiar figure making her exit out of the building, famous for housing popular idols in Korea, "In fact, I see Mina. I gotta go." 

"See you! Practice safe !" Tzuyu yells across the line causing Chaeyoung to grimace. 

Chaeyoung slips her phone into her pocket and welcomes her approaching girlfriend with a beaming smile. Two years later, the elegant woman still manages to knock her out of breath. Chaeyoung only grows more in love with Mina. 

Once upon a time, Mina was afraid and lonely. But as time goes on, she starts to lower down her guards and let Chaeyoung into her stone cold heart, showing the girl her past, her fears, and her dreams. In return, Chaeyoung brings Mina hope and showers her with love, staying true to her promise that she'll make sure they're more than just a casual fling. Eventually, happiness and new beginnings replace the mysteriousness and wistfulness that once clouded Mina's eyes. Chaeyoung has never been happier. 

And for that, Son Chaeyoung is the most wonderful thing that ever happened to Myoui Mina. She is her ball of sunshine and Mina loves her back dearly.

But of course it wasn't all vanilla and rainbows. There're some stormy days as well. It takes a lot of patience and effort but everything was worth it as long as they have each other. 

"Hi," Mina greets Chaeyoung with a shy smile. 

Chaeyoung stares at her, still can't quite believe this beautiful woman is her girlfriend for more than two years. Mina has always been beautiful in Chaeyoung's eyes but as the years passed, her beauty is accentuated by a certain maturity and nurture that only experience and love can provide. The glow on Mina's face is apparent.

"Hi, my angel," Chaeyoung pulls Mina in for a quick kiss despite being in public.

"I miss you," Mina mumbles into the younger girl's short hair, now dyed black, taking in Chaeyoung's familiar scent. Not having Chaeyoung around for three days is indeed torturous for her. 

"I miss you too," Chaeyoung reciprocates. She adds, "Oh by the way, I hav

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter