Chapter 5

His Fallen Angel

Moving to his colleague's cubicle, Jonghyun, fuelled by Jinki, wrote a program as fast as he could. When this bully tried any of his tricks next, Jonghyun would hit Enter on his program, which would send an embarrassing photo of the bully to everyone on his message list. 

Needless to say, it happened a mere half an hour later. His tormentor had spilt some water on the floor, which caused Jonghyun to slip and fall to the ground, inciting laughter from all those around him. Not wanting to have his face pounded in, Jonghyun made an excuse and left his work early, choosing to keep his promise to Jinki by going to the carnival. Walking past scores of children squealing in excitement, Jonghyun sniffed the air which brought the delicious smells of freshly made buttered popcorn, roasted corn on the cob and the promised land - cotton candy. There was even a psychic, whom Jonghyun approached first, before going anywhere else. He entered the darkened room, where there was a woman with colourful clothes and large gold hoop earrings, sitting behind a crystal ball. Surprisingly, Jonghyun hadn't heard anything from Jinki recently and revelled in the quiet time. As he sat on the chair and gave his palm to be read, the inevitable happened.

(Do you really believe in this garbage?)

"Can you just shut up?"

"Sir, did you say something?"

"No, sorry. Please continue"

"As per this, I can see that you're sensitive to others, and will easily be able to see other people's perspectives, but it would result in you changing your mind often. You're more reserved and prefer smaller groups rather than large ones. A one on one setting is best for you to open up and let people inside. You're a rock whom people count on to help them stay calm during difficult times"

(This is trash)

"No one asked for your opinion, Jinki"

As Jonghyun moved forward in his seat, as the lady rubbed the sides of the crystal ball and peered inside. Jumping almost out of his skin when she let out a scream, Jonghyun looked at her quizzically.

"You've been touched. Please leave before you bring any negative energy into this room"

(Now we're getting somewhere. Hey, don't leave)

"How much do I owe you for the session?"

"Nothing. Just please leave. I beg you"

That was both weird and unexpected, but Jonghyun listened to the frantic pleas of the terrified woman and walked out of there. There were rows of claw machines, which Jonghyun was honestly not very good at, but he did promise Jinki the whole experience so he was obliged to try it out, and hopefully not fail as miserably as he thought. After dropping a coin into the slot, Jonghyun tried to concentrate as he carefully moved the lever which controlled the claw.

(Move)

"What? Hey! You broke my concentration"

(Step to the left. Now)

Just in time, Jonghyun moved as per Jinki's instruction as a beer bottle crashed against the glass of the machine, sending the liquid splattering everywhere. Looking up, Jonghyun saw that it was his bully from work, along with a bunch of his friends. The way he was looking at him, reminded Jonghyun of the way a bull would look at a red flag. 

"Did you really think you'd get away with it, punk?"

Jonghyun chuckled to himself as he remembered the picture he’d taken during the last company party when this guy had got so drunk that he’d taken off his pants and pretended to walk like a penguin. It was actually really funny, and of course super embarrassing. He had no idea how Jinki had known what was going to happen, but Jonghyun was glad that he had listened. Else, it would have been his head, and not the machine that would have borne the brunt of the beer bottle.

Ducking as he saw a fist flying near his face, Jonghyun did regret the one impulsive thing he had done in his life. He wasn't a fighter at all, and Jonghyun's greatest weapon was his mind.

(Let me take control)

"What the hell are you talking about?"

(Trust me)

"Okay, you can take control"

As Jonghyun hoped and prayed that he had done the right thing, he felt his arms move, without his control. As he struggled to figure out what on Earth Jinki was planning to do with him, he saw his hands turn into fists and punch his bully in the face. Though he didn't feel any pain, Jonghyun saw that his own knuckles were bleeding a little, while the other guy clutched his nose in a desperate attempt to stop the steady bleeding. As Jonghyun looked at the others, he saw his bully look at him in fear as he got away, surrounded by his posse.

"Now that we're done, can I have control of my body?"

(Not yet, I want to do one more thing)

Shaking his head mentally, Jonghyun was forced to go back to the claw machines and sit back as Jinki kept winning everything. Was this beginner's luck or was this part of his power? By the end of it, Jinki had won around 15 plush toys, which was by far more than anything Jonghyun had won in his 25 years. After distributing the toys to the young children nearby, Jonghyun went to the cotton candy stall. Jonghyun could sense Jinki's delight as he saw the stall owner drop coloured sugar into his spinning machine, and watched the threads form. The sweet smell nearly overpowered the area, and Jonghyun heard a little gasp in his head, as the cotton candy was moulded into the shape of a large flower with pink and blue petals. Instantly, Jonghyun could hear a lot of throat-clearing, as though Jinki was deliberating about something he wished to ask.

"Would you like to try this, Jinki?"

(May I?)

"You can take control"

*******************************************************************************************

Jinki took full control of Jonghyun's body and accepted the fluffy cloud flower from the person handing it to him. Stepping aside from the queue, Jinki took his time trying to touch the sticky mass, and slowly put a little bit in his mouth. What seemed like a ball of cotton, melted right in his mouth, leaving him extremely confused. A few moments later, Jinki returned the control back to Jonghyun.

(Thank you, my friend)