Chapter 4

His Fallen Angel

That was just too easy. Jinki couldn't help the tears of laughter that were running along his cheeks as he rolled on the floor. He was able to view everything that was happening as though he was watching a movie. The image of Jonghyun trying to scrub his impending madness from his face was just hilarious. Honestly, Jinki hadn't meant to let his feelings be known so soon, but that bully had pushed all the wrong buttons. For some strange reason, the more Jinki skimmed the contents of Jonghyun's memory, the more he found himself looking at Jonghyun as something more than just a tool. Softening a little, Jinki actually considered showing himself to Jonghyun.

Jonghyun, on the other hand, kept staring into the mirror, trying to figure out if his imagination had increased tenfold or if he was just going crazy.

"What just happened out there?"

(I helped you, duh. Don't act as if you didn't need it)

"Who are you?"

(Must you really ask me such a stupid question?)

"I must be going crazy"

(You drive me nuts with your nonsense. I can see why they bully you)

"Jinki? Is that you?"

(Ding ding ding, we have a winner)

"Wait, you're real!"

(I never said I wasn't)

"What the hell are you doing inside my head?"

(You invited me, remember?)

"Well, get out"

(I don't think so. There's a lot that I need to see)

Though Jonghyun figured out that he wasn't hearing things, the fact that an entity with whom he had interacted with twice was now in his head, just frightened him a lot. 

"What do you want, Jinki?"

(I'll tell you when the time is right)

Now that he was stuck with this being in his head, Jonghyun didn't really have much of a choice. As Jinki had admitted that he had a lot to see, Jonghyun figured that he may have just meant the local sights, and booked tickets to the nearest attractions. Walking towards the largest Ferris wheel in the city, Jonghyun stopped to admire the height.

"I hope you aren't afraid of heights, Jinki"

(If that was meant to be a joke, it was horrible)

"Sorry, I couldn't help it"

Overcome by a fit of coughing, as he laughed, Jonghyun sat on the seat and waited to be strapped in by the attendant. Feeling a rush of sensations as the wheel started to move, Jonghyun sat back and enjoyed the sight of the city at night. The lights of all the structures, other monuments, and the nearby carnival were beautiful could definitely couldn't hold a candle to the stars winking at him from the sky. When he concentrated, Jonghyun was even able to see the little craters on the full moon.

(This is beautiful)

"Wait for tomorrow, I'll take you somewhere else"

This was a first. Without him even expecting it, Jonghyun had started to look at Jinki as something more than just an infestation in his mind. Although he was only doing all of this to get rid of the being inside, Jonghyun was honestly enjoying letting go of his stress and just starting to appreciate the beauty of things around him. Though it was a torment to not be able to have his thoughts to himself, in a way, Jonghyun did feel thankful to Jinki for letting him experience his childhood pleasure once again. As he went home, Jonghyun heard Jinki whispering softly, seeing the world through Jonghyun's eyes. After having dinner and settling down to sleep, Jonghyun saw scenes from his childhood being played in his head. He as a five-year-old, waiting wide-eyed for the cotton candy to be spun, his shrieks of joy as the man handed him a flower-shaped candy.

(What is this cloud? I want to eat this)

"I'll take you to the carnival one day"

Though Jinki was searching for his memories to find out what he wanted, Jonghyun felt happy. He knew he would have good and happy dreams.

"Thank you, Jinki"

******************************************************************************

Being an angel, Jinki didn't need to rest, but something about the softening features of a sound asleep Jonghyun made him want to experience the same thing. He tried to change his position, and almost fell down, causing him to feel embarrassed in front of the other angels. Jinki had always been the most mischievous of them all, but honestly, this was the first time he'd ever tried to leave his realm. The only home he'd ever known. Though Jonghyun thought Jinki had left his world entirely, till now he had only been watching. Jinki would only truly leave his abode when he was given permission to use Jonghyun's body as his vessel. At the moment, he was quite content with the current situation between them both.

Jonghyun awoke, feeling well-rested and refreshed, and made his way to work, strangely without any kind of commentary from Jinki. It seemed to have all gone back to how things were before he had messed around with the board. Turning on his monitor, Jonghyun continued the coding that he had been assigned for the week. 

(What are you doing?)

"Oh, you're still here, Jinki. Well, I'm writing a program that will help change the layout of this website"

(It seems boring)

"Wait and watch"

Jonghyun quickly typed a list of codes onto the screen and sent an email to himself with a link. Feeling rather proud, Jonghyun opened the link from a different computer and watched the screen go black.

(What happened?)

"Keep watching, Jinki"

Jinki was rather astounded by what happened next. There was an image of a hummingbird which moved up and down, shooting balloons from its mouth.

(Did you make this?)

"There's a lot more which I can do. I'm just good with codes"

What no one at his workplace knew, was the fact that Jonghyun was actually one of the best hackers in the country. Using the pseudonym of Bling, he would attend Hackathons, just to find out about the latest programming languages. So far, he'd never had to use this secret power of his, though he'd wanted to. For some strange reason, he'd wanted to impress Jinki. Or just show him that he wasn't as useless and stupid as Jinki thought. 

"Hey, nerd. finish this program for me, will you?"

"I'm sorry, I'm busy"

(Just agree. I think you could do something fun with it)