Coffee for Healing

Coffee Date for Cheering Up

“Didn’t I tell you last night to sleep early Hyung?!”

Yesung just pouts as he scurries around his room to collect all of his belongings. Getting scolded by your younger brother is not the greatest thing in the world. You should be the one scolding your younger brother.

“Don’t pout now,” Jongjin gently reprimands his hyung,” Just collect all your things and go to the van. Come on!” Jongjin now follows his Hyung across the room to gather the things scattered and puts them inside Yesung’s backpack. After they’re sure nothing’s left behind, Yesung runs to say goodbye to his parents and scurries to the elevator, because the manager is calling him like crazy for the 3rd times. Silly Jongjin, he should wake me up before 6, Yesung grumbles on his way to the lobby. The manager just glares at him when he finally boards the van.

“I’m sorry,” Yesung sheepishly apologizes,”I overslept.” The manager just sighs and they drive to the airport.

 

“Hold on to your boarding pass guys,” Leeteuk reminds the boys,” We’ll board in 20 minutes.”

The boys are waiting in their VIP lounge to wait for boarding. Most of them are busy with their phones, updating their SNS or just playing some games. All the time they’re waiting for their boarding call, Yesung sticks close to Siwon, trying to cheer him up.

“Siwonnie, are you excited?” Yesung talks cutely beside Siwon. The taller man just smiles indulgingly and nods. Yesung smiles widely and continues to take a look at his phone. They all board the plane at exactly 20 minutes later.

 

Yesung tries to cheer Siwon up during their travel on plane. He keeps taking picture and recording everything that Siwon does, while the taller just follows along, despite his confusion. Yesung chats his ears off even when they’re sitting on different alley. It’s a good thing they’re seated on business class, where there are no other people except their entourage. And the other members just let them talk until they tired themselves, which is not long fortunately, because apparently Yesung’s lack of sleep last night shows itself.

 

The stewardess wakes them up for their meals, and Yesung feels rather energized to be a chatterbox that he is. The members and managers join the conversation. The atmosphere is really lively, until the tiredness once again switch the boys off until their stop. When they arrive in Mexico, the fans already waited there to welcome them. They wave and record the fans before they enter the van that will take them to their hotel.

“Here are your keys boys,” the manager hands out the card key to Leeteuk, Yesung and Shindong. Yesung hastily reaches for his key and grabs Siwon’s hand.

“Let’s go Siwonnie,” Yesung drags the still dazed Siwon,” We’ll bunk together.” Leeteuk and the managers just look at the running boys dumbfounded, while Shindong and Ryeowook just giggles at Yesung’s antics.

“Seems like we’re bunking together Ryeowook-ah,” Shindong snickers, Ryeowook just nods and follows along.

“Lunch at 1,” Leeteuk reminds them. Shindong and Ryeowook just nod and go their merry way to their room.

 

“Here we are!” Yesung opens the door stylishly, making Siwon chuckles a little. He always knows that his Yesung hyung is adorably weird. He looks at his adorable hyung looking around the room, finding everything really artsy. Siwon enters the room with his suitcase and goes to the right side of the King size bed. Yesung drags his suitcase to the left side and starts to unpack some of his belongings and toiletries.

“I’m going to shower first Siwon-ah,” Yesung informs him,” I feel so grimy.” Yesung pulls out a face. Siwon smiles his dimple smile and nods. Yesung skips happily to the bathroom.

 

After Yesung is inside the bathroom, Siwon’s smile drops. He sighs heavily and lays down on the bed. These days’ occurrences have been really draining for him. Because of the incident, every solo activity he has, have been delayed and postponed for some time. He was asked to sit the promotions. It feels good to be with the members again, but sometimes he still sees some hate comments towards him, and indirectly to s. He doesn’t want to be the downfall of the group, but the boys just shrug and say “haters gonna hate”. It gives him a boost of confident to be on stage again and to perform to the best of his ability.

 

Yesung gets out of the bathroom, smells like he’s been soaking in thousand of flower petals, all fresh and fragrant. He smiles widely and gets close to Siwon to tell him that he can use the bathroom when Yesung hears Siwon’s heavy sigh. Seems like Siwonnie’s still troubled with all the news spread around, Yesung feels sympathy for the younger. To not upset the younger, he puts his brightest smile and plops next to Siwon.

“Siwon-ah, go take a shower,” Yesung pokes Siwon’s cheek,” We’ll have lunch in 40 minutes. You don’t want Teukie Hyung to nag non stop.” Siwon gets up to unpack and with a small smile to Yesung, he goes to the bathroom to freshen up. Yesung sighs and gets dress. He needs to come with a plan as soon as possible. It’s not good for Siwon to be forlorn during their stay in Mexico. Yesung pulls out his phone and search for some cafe near their hotel. He finds one, and it’s quite near, just 10 minutes walking distance from their hotel. The place is quite nice and some reviews say they serve good coffee. Hmm...Good place that serve good coffee. That’s it then, Yesung nods in satisfaction. When Siwon finally gets out of the bathroom, Yesung urges him to hurry and dress before Leeteuk Hyung and the managers scold them.

“Hyung, we have some time to spare right? Before we go to the interview?” Yesung asks Leeteuk. The managers already give their copy of schedule to Leeteuk just in case the members want to roam around, so they remember the time.

“We still got an hour before we need to go to the interview,” Leeteuk looks at the schedule on his phone,”Why do you ask Yesung-ah?” Yesung just smiles sheepishly and goes to where Siwon is standing at the corner.

 

“Siwon-ah, come with me,” Yesung drags the confuse Siwon away from the restaurant they’re having their lunch,”I see this cute cafe near here. You have to join me.” After a quick goodbye and Leeteuk screams at them to be back before 5 pm, Yesung and Siwon, and also a manager walk to the cafe. Yesung stops every now and then to take a picture, while Siwon follows along, feeling a bit relax at the moment, listening to the conversation between Yesung and their manager, sometimes he puts in his opinion on something that interests him. They arrive at the cafe in no time, and enter. The cafe has a bit of rustic feels in it, the tables are set to provide a sort of privacy to the customer even in the limited space provided. They prefer to sit outside, to enjoy the warm sun and beautiful weather. They order and bring their drink to the seat on the terrace.

 

“Siwon-ah, I really like going to the warm country,” Yesung starts,”I like the feel of sunlight on my skin.” Yesung closes his eyes, enjoying the warmth caressing his skin. Siwon smiles at his hyung. He really enjoys their little outing here. Not many fans follow them, perhaps they already gathered at the TV station. He feels a little bit relax.

“You know, when I feel troubled, sometimes I stroll around with Jongjin to get some clarity,” Yesung says softly,”Sometimes Jongjin will nag at me for being silly. He says to just enjoy the moment. But you know me, I sometimes overthink about what should I do next. I think Jongjin sometimes is a very useful brother, he can give me some insight.” Yesung ends his monologue with a small chuckle.

“Not to forget, we also stroll around and look for something pretty for the cafe,” Yesung adds,” I think that helps too. We both like artsy and antique things. Maybe you should do something like this too, to get you calmer and relax.”

 

Siwon looks at Yesung after the so called insight about his situation. Well, when he’s troubled he’ll go to church to pray, and have his routine morning run. Maybe he needs to find other activity to help him relax. Maybe he should clean up his apartment. That’s an idea. Cleaning up may help him relax, and his apartment will look more like a home as a bonus. Siwon smiles at his hyung for giving him a revelation.

“Thanks Hyung,” Siwon speaks for the first time,”You give me some ideas to help me calm down and relax.” Yesung just smiles brightly and finishes his coffee. The reviewers know what they’re talking about. The coffee is incredible, Yesung muses happily.

“Good!! Now let’s take pictures,” Yesung hands out his phone to take a selfie,” I’ll post it later. Now, we need to get back before Leeteuk Hyung yells our ears off.”

They finish the interview at 8 pm. When they arrived at the TV station, the fans were already gathered there. They wave and record the fans and start the interview. The interview was really fun, they even got the chance to taste some of Mexican sweet treats. And during the interview, Yesung even tries to cheer Siwon. All in all their interview ends up in very good and everyone is happy. They decide to eat dinner in a restaurant near the hotel, and get back to hotel as soon as possible. They still need to perform tomorrow night, and they will have to practice since morning.

 

“Tomorrow, we’ll be going to the venue at 9 am to check the stage and to practice,”Leeteuk informs them,”Go to bed early tonight. We need to be fresh tomorrow.” With that parting order, they all go to their respective rooms.

“Siwon-ah, is it okay if I use the bathroom first?” Yesung asks the younger who’s preparing for his sleeping attire. Siwon just nods and continue to gather his things. When Yesung enters the bathroom, Siwon takes out his phone to check his family at home and check the news. So far so good. Every negative comment has been buried under so many positive responses. Siwon sighs happily and feels like he’s finally liberated from all the things pulling him down. The stroll to the cafe also helped a lot. Siwon lays down on the bed, eyes close, expression finally relax. And that’s how Yesung finds him after he finishes his night routine.

 

“Siwon-ah, you can use the bathroom now,” Yesung calls out to the younger. Siwon gets up and gathering his things to start his night ritual. Yesung sits down and check his phone. His Mom sent him some text, asking for his wellbeing. His brother also sent him a voice message, telling him to be careful and not letting any fangirl to kidnap him. Yesung snorts. Jongjin has a very active imagination, as it seems. Why would the fan kidnap him? Silly Jongjin. He text back to his family and his friends. When Siwon gets out of the bathroom, they get on the bed, ready to sleep. After saying goodnight to each other, Siwon and Yesung take their position on bed. Yesung is in the midst of drifting to deeper sleep when his phone ringing. Grumbling sleepily, he reaches out for the phone.

“Yeob...seyo.”

“YAH!! Yesung Hyung!! It’s me!!”

“It’s who?”

“Wha..It’s me! Cho Kyuhyun!!”

“Kyuhyun-ah, it’s...almost midnight. We need to wake up early tomorrow. What do you want?”

“Hyung, what are you doing with that horse?!”

“Horse? What horse? I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Yesung’s brain can’t catch up and the jet lag doesn’t help. And Kyuhyun has to call him to talk about horse.

“What are you doing with Siwon Hyung this afternoon?”

“With Siwonnie? We just go to the cafe to have some coffee and talk a little. Siwonnie’s been a little bit down lately, and I just try to cheer him up.”

“But why does it have to be you? He can go with Teukie Hyung”

“Well, I ask him to accompany me to the cafe. We also bring a manager to go with us.”

“Oh, it’s a good thing then. It’s not only the two of you.”

“What is it Kyuhyunie? I’m sleepy. I want to go to bed. Aren’t you at work right now?”

“I’m on a break. Hyung, since you go to the cafe with Siwon Hyung, you need to go with me after you get back.” Yesung nods sleepily. And fortunately, or unfortunately, depends on how you see it, Siwon is awake when he hears Yesung talks to someone.

 

“Hyung, who are you talking to?” Siwon asks. Yesung shows his phone drowsily, it’s shown “BabyKyu” as the caller. What does he want now? Siwon grumbles. He looks at Yesung who answers every question Kyuhyun throws drowsily. His eyelids are closing every now and then, and the older keeps fighting to stay awake, which is so cute. But Siwon finally has to act upon the situation. Yesung is about to pass out in a matter of seconds. So he stealthily takes the phone from Yesung’s baby hand.

“Kyuhyun-ah, Yesung Hyung is sleepy. He’ll talk to you again tomorrow”

On the other line, Kyuhyun frowns. Does Yesung Hyung bunk together with Siwon Hyung?

“Yah!! Siwon Hyung! Give the phone back to Yesung Hyung!!”

“Good night Kyuhyunie.”

“YAH!! Waaai.....” Beep. Siwon pointedly hangs up the phone. He leads the already sleeping Yesung back to his position. But, Yesung, the sensitive person that he is, wakes a little. He’s still fighting his sleepiness.

“Kyuhyun-ah?” Yesung asks to Siwon. Siwon just smiles at the cute man in front of him and puts Yesung’s head on the pillow.

“He’ll call you again later,” Siwon tells the older. Yesung just nods sleepily and back to sleep but not before,”Good night Siwonnie. Sweet dream.”

“Good night Yesungie Hyung.”

 

Back in Korea,

 

“That Horse!! Just wait until they’re back home!!”

A/N: This is the first part of their healing "date". This is the prompt given to me by M. Hope you guys enjoy it :D