2;

The survival kit

 

... Chapter two.

"Meet in the library today?" My best friend, Kim Su Yeon asked. I nod my head and agreed. We had arranged to study for our upcoming tests that week. Su Yeon waved to me as she walked to her classroom for her next lesson. I groaned in frustration. My mother died just not long ago. I can't handle this. I can't accept the fact that she is dead. She's my mother, the one that died because I was such a worthless freak that could not even earn some money for the bills. I closed my eyes and tried not to think of anything else. I needed the peace. 

"Are you okay?" A warm and kindly voice asked me. I opened my eyes and saw him standing in front of me. He had a very concerned look on his face. In just a moment, he took a glance at me and grabbed my hand. I was confused and not sure of how to react. "What are you doing?" I tried to loosen his grip on my hand. My hand hurt a lot, with the strength he was using to grab it. He didn't reply, neither did he let go of my hand. He slowly led me to the school's garden and asked me to sit down. 

Bewildered, I sat down. The garden was filled with sunflowers. Sunflowers were my mother's favorite flowers. Memories flowed just like the tears that fell. I sobbed softly as he sat beside me. He pulled me into his arms and my long, brown hair slowly. "Let it all out, Tae." He muttered. I continued to cry in his embrace. It was so tough to act normal when you were not, to act cheerful when you were sad inside. I just could not bear the feeling anymore. 

- - -

I flipped through my textbooks, trying to focus on the content printed there, but yet my eyes and brain won't listen to me. I could not think properly. "Taeyeon, are you okay?" Su Yeon asked me. I gave a small assuring smile. Su Yeon had this doubtful look but she did not mention a word. I'm sorry Su Yeon, you won't understand what's going on in my mind. I just can't tell you. It's too embarrassing. I buried my head into the pile of books again and tried my best to concentrate.