♡ TWO ♡

It Takes A Village ( But I Think I Just Need You )

“If you look closely here, this little spot is your baby. It’s still quite small – I would say about a little less than two months or so.”

 

It’s their first official appointment with their obgyn doctor ever since they found out and confirmed that Sulli is indeed pregnant. It had all been quite the blur ever since then – not really knowing if they were both just dreaming or if any of it is reality.

 

Though, being here right now, seeing their growing bundle of joy on the screen of the ultrasound machine, it could have never felt more real.

 

Minho looked at Sulli with teary eyes as the latter was already looking so adoringly at their growing baby. He felt his heart swell with so much love and adoration in ways he didn’t felt before.

 

Loving Sulli – taking care of her, making sure she feels loved and happy is one thing; one of the best  things that Minho has no regrets of ever doing

 

But this - this; having a manifestation – a product made out of their love for each other is something that words can never describe the feeling of what it truly is like.

 

“Congrats, Mr and Mrs Choi, it’s a healthy and strong growing baby.” The doctor then  smiles at the two before removing the baby ultrasound gel off of Sulli’s lower abdomen. It was different experience as Sulli laid there on the table, her stomach exposed and with their baby on show on the screen.

 

Sulli didn’t really knew how to describe the feeling of it but happiness continued to swell inside her. Happiness that she has a feeling will be inside of her for a long long time.

 

 

“I think our baby was conceived when we took that new year’s trip.”

 

The appointment had just finished and they were on the way back to their car when Minho brought it up. There was a hint of proudness laced with his voice and Sulli can only playfully roll her eyes,

 

“That was back in late December to early January.”

 

“Yeah, I know but about it, love, doctor said our baby is about two months give or take and plus, it’s already April.”

 

Well, Sulli supposed it could be true. They had went on a mini vacation for the New Years but it was also a late birthday celebration for Minho and well...to simply put it, the week they were on vacation, they had been very active.

 

Sulli reddens a bit at the memory – it had been such a good week to just getaway from the city..who could’ve thought that week also bring them to where they are now?

 

There’s not an ounce of regret in their body though despite it being unexpected. As much as it was as unexpected, it’s still a blessing regardless.

 

“ It’s amazing how life works right?”

 

Minho squeezes on the hand that’s holding Sulli’s, smiling at her. She returns it before pecking his cheek gently .

 

“Could you say it’s a belated birthday gift for the both of us?”

 

His eyes grew big at that – it hadn't really been a thought that has crossed his mind but now that it has, it very much is.

 

Indeed, with Minho’s birthday in December and Sulli’s in March – it could be very possible that this is a belated birthday gift that they could ever receive. The chance of starting a family together is the best thing that they could have ever received.

 

“It’s the best birthday gift ever.”

 

 

There hasn’t been much of a change since they found that Sulli is indeed pregnant. The morning sickness is still just as bad and she still feels tired and sleepy for the most part but it really hasn’t been that much of a bother.

 

The only changes that could really be considered a drastic change is her body growing - preparing for the growth of the child within her. Sulli noticed that she is gaining more weight quite quickly; her stomach is protruding out just a little bit more each day but regardless, she loves it.

 

Loves knowing that the growing child inside of her is the product of their love for each other and nothing could ever beat that.

 

“I think our baby is going to be so spoiled.”

 

They had just come home from their appointment not too long ago but Minho was already getting ready to head back to work as Sulli sat by the edge of their bed, holding the photograph of the ultrasound of their baby when the thought popped into her head.

 

There was a small smile playing on her lips as she was looking at the photo - staring at the small spot that is shown. Sulli feels as if she is still riding the high ever since they found by how much her heart is swelling and how much happiness she is feeling.

 

“Oh, absolutely. They will be spoiled rotten with so much love.”

 

Minho emerges back into the room from their closet - already dressed in his work clothes; a white button up, slacks and a tie to go along with it. There’s a smile on his lips as he fidgets with his tie while Sulli gets up from where she had been sitting and began to help him with his tie.

 

“I don’t know how I got so lucky but I’m so grateful that I have you.”

 

“I know. I am too.”

 

Sulli fixes the collar of his shirt one last time before pecking his cheek. Minho then pulls her in gently by the waist, giving her a real kiss before they had to reluctantly pull away.

 

“I am the luckiest because I have you.”

 

“Me too.”

 

 

“Mama bear, over here!”

 

Moments after Minho had left for work and Sulli was left alone at the apartment as she had schedule to have no work that day, Krystal had called her if she wanted to get brunch. It had been quite the perfect timing really – Sulli was actually about to call her and see if she’s finally not busy and has time to catch up

 

Krystal had been the second person – well technically their parents were  – to know that they were expecting. Sulli has told her over the phone because at that time, Krystal had been overseas for work related things and the amount of screaming Sulli heard over the phone was quite a comical thing but it was also exactly what she had expected from Krystal.

 

Today had been the first time in a while for the best friends to meet again since Krystal had been busy. They were at one of their favorite regular brunch spots – a quiet and small spot so when Krystal had excitingly called for Sulli, she was a bit embarrassed since it had been quite before Krystal had squealed.

 

“Yah, keep it down, will you?”

 

“How can I? I haven’t seen you in so long and look at where it had lead you!!”

 

Sulli smiled as she placed her hand on belly. Krystal was fawning at the sight. It was a small smile but the way it was on Sulli’s face – it was cute.

 

“Come here, I missed you.”

 

Sulli had then pulled her best friend into a hug to which the latter gently squeezed back. They had began to slight sway side to side with their laughter ringing throughout the room. People might have looked at them weirdly but they honestly didn’t care.

 

All that matters was they were finally together and it was time to catch up.

 

 

Brunch had been good. No, it had been more than good. The two best friends enjoyed their time together – being able to catch up  after so long . It’s been nice to talk about anything and everything as if there hadn’t been a time gap between them.

 

“I’m really happy for you, Ssul.”

 

After eating brunch, Sulli had craved for some sweets and so, giving into her cravings, they had moved to a small ice cream shop just down the street from the brunch spot.

 

It had been silent for some time – Sulli indulging in her ice cream and Krystal doing the same. It was moments after that Krystal had talked with a smile wiped across her face.

 

“Can you believe it? My best friend is going to be a mom and I can’t be more than happier for you. For the both of you.”

 

Suddenly, Sulli had started to cry and that surprised Krystal.

 

“Why are you crying now? Nooo, be happy, you have your ice cream”

 

“I blame it on the mood swings, okay?”

 

Krystal honest to god giggled. How could she not? She found the sight quite endearing. Her best friend has ice cream on one hand and the other hand, she was rubbing her eyes.

 

“You’re so cute.”

 

“No, i am not.”

 

Sulli then stopped crying and began to pout.

 

“So this is what Minho has to deal with pregnant Sulli. It’s cute”

 

Sulli pouted more to which Krystal cooed at.

 

 

“Did you have a good day, baby?”

 

“I had a very good day. I went out with Kry-”

 

It was the end of the day now, bedtime really and the two were in the comfort of their bed, cuddling per usual, talking about their day when Minho decided to tease his wife just a bit.

 

“Oh, I was talking to baby. Not you, love.”

 

Sulli had lightly slapped Minho’s chest to which the latter just laughs at. She then moves up, getting into a sitting position and began to cross her arms.

 

“But I am baby.”

 

Minho chuckled, his heart couldn’t take at how cute Sulli is being.

 

Minho began to say up as well and touched Sulli’s stomach. The pout was more prominent now and all Minho could have ever wanted to do at that moment was to kiss it off and he did.

 

“Okay, sorry. How about this, both of you are my babies. My two loves. My whole heart. My everything.”

 

Sulli had then smiled to which Minho just about returns back.

 

“I’d like that.”

 

“I know you would.”

 

Minho presses another kiss which led to another and another. Sulli couldn’t have ended the night better than this.

 

Cuddles and kisses, what else can she ask for?