♡ ONE ♡

It Takes A Village ( But I Think I Just Need You )

It was spring then – the season had just changed weeks prior, snow had fully melted away and the warmth of the sun had came back. Everyone had missed how nice it was to go outside and not worry about having hypothermia due to how cold the weather was.

 

It had been a cruel and rough winter prior to the warm and lovely spring. The cold season was heavy on the snow and rain – constantly pouring down and trapping everyone in.

 

Though, with the new season’s arrival, the cold and frigid winter was long forgotten as the seasons had begun changing once more. The frost had dissolved, the sun was coming out more, and keeping everyone warm.

 

It had all been good for the most part – all the changes were welcomed joyously as the warmth had been missed quite immensely.

 

And so just like the change of the seasons, it had also been the change of Minho and Sulli’s life because as the flowers began to bloom again, they also have their very own flower to bloom.

 

It was in that moment, they both knew that their lives were about to change completely.


 

 

“You’d ever think if we would be ever good parents?” It had been quiet for the most part – the rain has been pouring all day and the sound of it hitting the window pane has been calming to hear.

 

Two bodies were cozily cuddling on the couch with fluffy pillows and blankets, keeping each other warm and safe from the rainy world outside. There was soft music playing in the background and if you listen closely, there was even softer breathing.

 

“Sometimes, yeah. Then I would get lost into the thoughts of what it would be like and how different it’ll be.” A deep voice answered, it was quite the contrast to the high-medium pitched voice coming from the former but it was still so soothing to hear, lulling her into a calming state always.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yeah, don’t you?”

 

“I do but…”

 

“But..?”

 

“I’m just…. afraid. I worry that I won’t ever be as good as a mom and my child will resent me for it.”

 

It was then Minho pulls back, loosening his hold and looks carefully at Sulli. There was that worried look washed onto her face – uncertainty and fear pooling in her eyes and lips pressed into a line. Minho moves the hand that isn’t tucked underneath her and cupping her face gently as she leans to the touch,

 

“Love, being a parent isn’t an easy job however if the time ever comes, I’m sure you’ll be one of hell of a great mom. A hot and y mom at that” Sulli cracks a smile, rolling her eyes and lightly hitting his chest.

 

“You’re unbelievable.”

 

Minho then smiles too before leaning again and pressing his lips softly onto Sulli’s forehead. Just like that, even with the simplest touch, Sulli’s worries melt away momentarily.

 

“Well I think that you’d make an awesome dad, too. All so buff and strong – would definitely still have the hots for you even when you’re covered in vomit.” Both then laughs before they were pulled back into their cuddling session with arms wrapped tightly around each other once more.

 

 

It had been three years since the start of their marriage and five years in total of their relationship overall. The topic of starting a family together had been quite talked though there wasn’t necessarily a concrete plan to when it will happen. However, Minho and Sulli have mutually decided that they’ll just have cross the bridge when it does happen.

 

So it hadn’t become a big deal until recently when Sulli began to notice the changes in her body. It slowly became overwhelming. There were many things changing, winter had just changed into spring, and there was the daunting possibility of how two can become three anytime soon.

 

The changes Sulli noticed about herself wasn’t drastic per se but it wasn’t also subtle so the differences were easy to spot regardless. It may have started weeks ago or even months but it was becoming prominent as the days went by.

 

It started out to be what seemed innocent at first but as time went by, it became something more and you couldn’t really feign it as pure coincidence at that point.

 

The weeks had progressed and the differences were definitely more noticeable now, no doubt about it. From suddenly feeling fatigue and tired at any given moment, it had become morning sickness - making Sulli throw up constantly. By that time she couldn’t stand certain smells whether it was food or any scent that her nose found disturbing though the cravings couldn’t stop either.

 

Then it dawned on her that she skipped a month of her period and just recently, there was a noticeable weight gain around her stomach and thighs area.

 

Minho being the ever caring and loving husband that he is has been patient with her through it all - giving into her cravings, her mood shifts while also doing his best to take care of her.

 

There was a lingering thought in the back of his mind though as he also took notice of the changes - but didn’t say much out loud, rather keeping it to himself.

 

“Love, I think it’s time for you to go to do the doctor’s. You know, get you checked out and see if anything’s wrong.” He said as Sulli was currently in the bathroom  - puking her guts out (once again). The sun had barely came out and yet Sulli was already in the bathroom, kneeling against the toilet - hurling which Minho wakes up to like clockwork.

 

The retching sound then stopped and instead the sound of the toilet flushing and water running was heard. Sulli had stopped throwing up (for now) and moments later, the bathroom door opened and emerging from it.

 

“Can you go to the drugstore first though?” She says as she began to sit at the end of the bed, looking at Minho. The latter smiles to himself as he inquires her why.

 

“I think I’m pregnant”

 

 

Two very distinct bold lines.

 

Pregnant.

 

Then came the silence.

 

The realization.

 

Oh, .

 

It had been so quiet that there’s barely anything to be heard  - much more so, the soft sound of breathing was barely there. It’s as if they didn’t know how to breathe - practically do anything else than just to stare at the peed stick.

 

Pregnant.

 

Sulli is pregnant.

 

“I have a child growing inside of me. A human being - ours. Oh my God.”

 

Sulli’s voice wobbles - completely shakes as the words come out. Her eyes filled with tears, only to have it fall against her cheeks as those same eyes look at the man who she ever has loved as much.

 

“Our baby. This - this is ours.”

 

With shaky hands and even shakier voice, Minho places it on top of Sulli’s lower abdomen once he got close. Through the tears, Sulli could only nod - softly repeating the words ‘yes this is ours’, grabbing onto his hands.

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you too. More than anything, i love you.”