When you look at me

ALLKPOP: BREAKING NEWS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chanyeol stared across the stage. He always loved watching Baekhyun interact with the fans. Baek never flirted with him, but with the fans? That was a different story.

His jaw dropped to the floor when Baekhyun nodded a ‘What’s up’ to a fan and then flashed a gorgeous smile. 

Chanyeol quickly recovered as Sehun bumped into him waving a stuffed Vivi around. Chanyeol went about the rest of the concert but the thought never left his mind. Did Baekhyun really care for him? Because sometimes he really couldn’t tell…

 

 

 

 

 

“Baek, you can’t keep doing this. Its getting to him,” Minseok said. Kyungsoo nodded in agreement.

Baekhyun flushed and held his magazine up higher to hide his face from his friends. He didn’t want to talk about it. In fact, he didn’t even want to think about it, much less discuss something so personal with his friends. And talking to Chanyeol about it??? Forget it. Not happening.

Kyungsoo sighed. “Well, whatever, I have other to do. Talk to you later,” Kyungsoo said to Minseok since Baekhyun had retreated into his own world again. Minseok nodded and waved as Kyungsoo left the practice room.

Minseok side glanced at Baekhyun. “I think I know what’s got you so flustered.” Minseok wrinkled his nose as his friend somehow held the magazine up even higher and closer to his face. Minseok reached out and pulled the magazine down slowly. “Come on Baek, if you can’t talk to your friends then how do you think you’re going to figure this out?”

Baekhyun glared at Minseok. He looked about as scary as an angry puppy. “There’s nothing to talk about. Whatever is going on between me and Chanyeol is personal and none of you or Kyungsoo’s business.”

“Look, Baek, you’re just embarrassed. It’s totally natural. When you really like someone, you’re going to be nervous around them. Just because you haven’t done it be-,” Minseok was cut off by Baekhyun’s hand across his mouth. This time the glare was a bit scary.

“I told you, I’m not talking about it.” Baekhyun stormed out of the practice room leaving Minseok by himself. He sighed. What was he going to do with that boy?

 

 

 

 

 

Chanyeol clunked through the front door of the dorms with his duffel bag, back from the gym. He kicked off his shoes and headed to his room. On the way he noticed Baekhyun munching on something and chatting with Suho in the kitchen. Chanyeol flashed him a side grin. But Baekhyun just looked away. Seriously. What was going on with them.

Ever since the infamous kiss on stage at their concert, he and Baekhyun had been a couple. But that didn’t mean that the two of them had anything figured out. Chanyeol felt like Baekhyun was never comfortable in the situation and he couldn’t understand why. When they were just friends, Baekhyun was never like this.

Chanyeol glanced at the clock. 9pm. It was about this time each night that the members started to separate to their own rooms and eventually get to sleep.

It was also about the time that Baekhyun would head to his own room…. And then tiptoe down the hall quietly to Chanyeol’s room. It was definitely his favorite time of the day. Fresh from the shower, Chanyeol was toweling off his wet hair when he heard his bedroom door open and close behind him. He smiled and turned around.

Kyungsoo. Goddammit.

“No offense, but what do you want Kyungsoo, and make it quick.”

“Nice. I actually came to give you some advice but obviously you are too busy, so I won’t bother you, goodnight,” Kyungsoo said and turned for the door. Chanyeol was quick to stop him.

“Wait, wait. Advice? About Baekhyun?,” Chanyeol thought that was something he had time for.

“Oh, now you’re interested, uh huh. Whatever. Look, I just wanted you to know that I think something is going on with Baekhyun. He isn’t acting normal. You should talk to him,” Kyungsoo said flat faced.

“I don’t really know if he wants to talk to me. I mean, we spend time together, but we don’t really talk like we used to,” Chanyeol said with a frown.

“That’s what I mean. Baekhyun has something on his mind and he won’t share it with me and Minseok, so I suggest you try to figure it out. Wild guess, he’s acting weird with you too?” Kyungsoo asked.

Chanyeol just nodded. Kyungsoo shrugged and left. He was never much for sentiment or saying more than exactly what needed to be said.

Chanyeol sat on his bed and got lost in his thoughts. The time was 10pm and no sign of Baekhyun.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Nope. He wasn’t going to do it. He didn’t need to. Didn’t want to. Chanyeol wouldn’t want to hear it anyway.

Baekhyun sat on the floor, headphones on, listening to something soft that he wasn’t really paying attention to.

And what was he supposed to say. He didn’t even really know what was happening himself. When he and Chanyeol were just friends, Baekhyun had liked him from afar. It was never real and so Baekhyun was never faced with the emotions he was experiencing now. It had allowed him to enjoy a relaxed friendship.

Now….well, what was he doing now? Making a mess of things really. Ever since the kiss on stage, he and Chanyeol had been a couple. They had done some couple things. He usually went to Chanyeol’s room around 9pm every night. He glanced at his phone, it was 10pm. . His mind kept swirling.

Sometimes they talked about their day. Sometimes Chanyeol would turn off the ceiling light and they’d lay down on Chanyeol’s bed with just the desk lamp on to light up their features. Sometimes laying in the bed would turn into, turn into….Baekhyun swallowed.

And there it was. That sick to his stomach feeling again. Chanyeol had kissed him in his room and after that they’d made out many times but nothing more. At first it was just exciting and he didn’t have anything on his mind when it happened. He was just…thrilled.

Now, just the idea of going to Chanyeol’s room was making him nervous. He liked Chanyeol, really liked him. But now when Chanyeol looked at him, there was more behind those

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter