Triple J (Part 2)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Johnny (NCT) x Jeonghan (Seventeen) x Joshua (Seventeen) x Althea (Reader)

Url: mj_pa13

Trope: Fluff

AU: College

TW: Mentions of alcohol

Song suggestion: Bad Boy, Red Velvet

Summary: Three love interests, three separate plots, but only one of the J's will be chosen.

_

    Red Velvet's Really Bad Boy blared through Althea's dorm room as she unpacked her belongings. The mix of the girl group's voices and her own high pitched, playful singing made for a humorous sight. As she danced around her room, it seemed as though the young woman was focused more on Red Velvet rather than unpacking - understandably so, however.

    "Oh my God! I don't want to unpack! I don't want to unpack!"

    Althea improvised her own words to the chorus of the song as she wiggled her hips; hands focused upon applying a clear adhesive to the white wall before hanging up a string of fairy lights. Fortunately for her, she hadn't been assigned a roommate for this semester, so she could not only decorate the room as she pleased, but also live freely.

    No boundaries. Zero watchful eyes. No awkward tension or discomfort. 

    The only sources of life she had to worry about were those that resided in the other dorm rooms within the building, but Althea didn't mind. Acquainting herself with others was different than living with them. Sort of.

    As the song neared an end, a knock on her door caused her to jump slightly. Quickly turning the music off, Althea rushed to the door - stepping over multiple boxes and sprawled out decor - as she opened it to reveal an unfamiliar, but smiling face.

    "Hi! I just wanted to welcome you to the university! My name is Mia and I'm your Resident Assistant, or RA for short."

    Althea extended a hand as she returned a smile, "I'm Althea, it's nice to meet you!"

    The woman before her merely nodded before gesturing to the hallway, "Likewise! I just wanted to let you know that if you ever need anything or have an issue, I'm the person you can come to talk to about it." Althea merely listened as the female continued, "Additionally, I'm not like most RA's in the sense that I'm not going to get angry over parties or anything."

    This caused Althea's brow to shoot up in curiosity, "Oh, is that so?"

    "Yes," she gave the girl an innocent, but playful wink, "I brought that up because there's actually one going on tonight in the local frat house on campus."

    Slightly taken aback by the female's candidness, the younger of the two chuckled awkwardly, "Ah, well usually I'd be interested, but I don't really know anyone on campus yet, so I -"

    "No need to feel weird!" The RA interrupted her with a grin. "There's going to be a ton of freshmen of there! It's a perfect way for you to meet and befriend people, too."

    Technically, the woman was correct. She would never make friends if she didn't put herself out there and attend social gatherings, but that didn't diminish the anxious feeling gnawing her insides. Sighing slightly, Althea managed a smile, "I'll think about it."

    "Alright! If you do decide on attending, the frat house is located in the northern wing of the campus," she explained. "The outside of it is blue and yellow and has big Greek letters tacked onto the front. It's pretty hard to miss."

    The younger female merely nodded and eventually, the pair bid a farewell - Mia relocating to the other dorm rooms as Althea shut her door with an audible sigh. Running a hand through her hair, she examined the somewhat chaotic state of her room before returning to unpacking and decorating. Thoughts swirled through her mind as she grabbed another string of fairy lights, playlist resuming.

    Was she going to attend the party? Maybe, maybe not. Despite Mia's reassurance, Althea still felt a bit uncomfortable showing up alone - even if she did make friends throughout the night. At the same time, however, she knew it would be rewarding in establishing a couple or so bonds if she showed up.

    Another audible sigh escaped her peachy-pink lips as she pushed her thoughts aside; focusing upon her room, instead.

_

    A few hours had passed since the young woman had begun unpacking. After a few short breaks and multiple song skips, Althea stood by the entrance as she admired the view before her.

    Cascaded strings of fairy lights hung upon the wall adjacent to her bed as well as in the milky-toned curtains that hung over the decently sized, metal framed window. A ruffled, cream colored comforter neatly covered the raised bed as a matching skirt edged the bottom. A light gold faux fur throw splayed itself messily at the end of the bed; an array of matching pillows covering the top half. 

    Where a second bed would be if she had a roommate was instead replaced with a medium sized, blonde-wooden desk. A canister holding a few pens, pencils, and highlighters sat atop the smooth, lustrous surface along with her textbooks, a few notebooks, and the silver-plated laptop her parents had bought her as a college-warming gift. 

    All in all, it was a cozy, yet chic atmosphere.

    As Althea stood there, her eyes wandered to the window. Outside, darkness had swallowed the campus whole causing her eyes to grow wide. As she glanced at the alarm clock sitting atop the small, glass-topped bed-stand, she drew in a sudden breath at the 9:45 PM displayed in red digital digits. 

    The party was probably already underway leading her to make a decision: Go or s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter