Beary Bean Cafe (Part 2)

K-Pop One Shots & Scenarios (Est. 2019; SUBSCRIBERS ONLY - PLEASE REFER TO MY OTHER COLLECTION FOR PUBLIC ONE SHOTS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Pairing: Shownu (Monsta X) x Jang Hanna (Reader)

Url: ann1914

Trope: Fluff, Comfort

AU: N/A

TW: N/A

Song suggestion: Scenery (But It's Raining version), Kim Taehyung/BTS (here's a link: x)

Plot: Shownu was supposed to meet Jooheon at a new cafe/shop but when he arrived, all of the seats were taken. However, he finds a table where only one person (Hanna) sat alone, so he decided to excuse himself and sit across from her to wait for his friend. Hanna was in such deep thought about life's troubles that she didn't notice the appearance of her silent companion until much later.

_

    What have I done with my life?

    This question echoed Hanna's thoughts as she mindlessly gnawed at her bottom lip. Her entire life, all she had ever done was strive to please others and become successful. Someone who could find happiness and live a life anyone would be proud of, but now?

    Well, everything was falling apart.

    Running a hand through her hair, Hanna took another bite of the baked pastry - and another, and another until only crumbs scattered across the dish. Chewing on the last bite slowly, she savored the sweet flavor before swallowing hard.

    "What's the point of anything anymore?" She muttered to herself as she wiped her hands with a lace-edged cloth napkin.

_

    Silently, Shownu sat there as he watched the young woman finally begin eating the baked good resting atop the small plate. His eyes shifted to her puffed cheeks that intently gnawed on the treat as she peered outside. Exhaling quietly, he raised a brow at her obliviousness to his presence - shoulders lifting and dropping into a quick shrug as his phone buzzed in his pocket.

    I can't find this cafe.

    Eyes squinting to read the text better, Shownu placed his fingers onto the screen as he began replying, only to have another text pop up.

    Beary Bean Cafe, right?

    And then another:

    Why is it called that? Why can't I find it? Why is my GPS leading me wrong? Why, hyung? Why? Pls help.

    This time, Shownu's brows furrowed, eyes blinking as he began replying, but only to - once again - get interrupted by another string of text:

    I asked a man on the street because ur taking too long to reply. He told me to follow him.

    Eyes widening, the older male quickly replied:

    Jooheon, pls don't follow the man.

    This time, a minute or so passed. Shownu shifted in his seat as his bear-like eyes remained glued to the screen in anticipation; stomach beginning to bundle in knots as a familiar sense of silent anxiety washed over his body. A writing bubble appeared upon his screen - his brows lifting, but immediately falling as the small dots disappeared; the cycle repeating two or three times before a message finally popped up.

     I followed the man...

    That sounds ominous, Jooheon.

    Cue another bubble followed by more words:

    He couldn't find the cafe, either, so he's currently asking a group of employees in a skincare shop where it would be and I'm watching them through the window. They look confused. I am distressed. Whose idea was it to go to this cafe?????

    The older male stifled a chuckle as he responded with a simple: Yours. :)

    This time, Jooheon read the message, but didn't reply. Sliding his phone back into his pocket, Shownu's shoulders lifted and fell as he exhaled - eyes shifting back onto the woman sat before him who was still oblivious to her silent companion. For a moment, he pondered introducing himself, but watching the way she roughly combed a hand through her hair caused him to choose otherwise.

    She looked like she was having a bad day, kind of reminiscent to Jooheon who was equivalent to a lost puppy. Leaning back in his chair, Shownu stretched his legs out as his eyes scanned the tense expression scrunching her face as she peered out the window once more. Head tilting, he considered asking her if she was okay, but a light tap on his shoulder silenced his unspoken reassurance.

    “Excuse me,” a waitress politely smiled with a small bow, “but can I take your order?”

    Shownu returned the gesture before noddin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter