FIND OUT WHY 1.0

ENCHANTED YOU

 Tae Yong followed her slowly from behind, making quiet far distance, he is wondering where is this kid heading to. He could see that she turned left, he walk faster to the direction she turned left. He was almost turn left too before he realized it’s just toilet.

‘FIUH. I almost head inside.’

He took a breath, and before he could exhale it..

GASP.

“YAA!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!! ARE YOU PEEKING ON ME?!!” He was hit by a mop. Let me repeat. He was hit by A GODDAMN MOP.

”WHAT?!!! NO. WHY WOULD I PEEKING ON YOU?!! I’M NOT!!” He grabbed the mop to stop this physco kid hit him.

“WHAT?!! YOU?!! YOU ARE A LECTURER HERE.”

“YES I AM. AND YOU JUST HIT ME, NEW STUDENTS.” He tidying his suit.

“No. That’s not what I meant.”

He burnt in anger as waiting for her to finish her sentence.

“You’re a ert.” She left soon after her sentence comes to a dot.

He took a few seconds to process what she means inside his brain.

‘ert? DID SHE JUST SAY THAT I’M A ERT?!’

“YAA! Lee Haeun. WHY DO I AM A ERT NOW?! I think you’ve mistaken me.”

He shouted but he know she couldn’t hear him. And he went outside the ladies’ toilet quickly.

-

Lee Haeun opens the door of her apartment after she tap on some numbers of password. Here is where she lived now, alone in her new apartment. Far from the crowd spot. She needs a long time to heal herself. She walked in with no passion. You can tell that her eyes go blank when she is only by herself.

“Fiuh.. You did well, Lee Haeun. You did well.” She went to the fridge, try to get her stomach fill with food. But as soon as she opened it, she lost her appetite. She decided to have a glass of water, at least. She walked herself to the bathroom and get some fresh water to wash her body, She wonders if there is any fresh water to wash her mind too. She really hope there is.

Soon she remember that there is something she needs to finish this night. Just thinking of it, make her feel angry. She really wants to be mad but HOW? TO WHO? She just don’t get it why. Why all of this happening now.

She comb her sorta blonde hair and put a hat on. ‘I need to dye it back to black soon.’ She thought.

She walk herself to the cafe near her apartment. Taking all of the courage she has while she is on the way there.

“You can do it, Lee Haeun.”

Luckily, It’s really quiet inside the cafe.

“May I help you?”

“Matcha Frappucino with cheese foam, Please.”

She gets her favorite and headed upstairs. And she found her. There she is.

She took a deep breath. And sit in front of her.

“Still with that matcha.” The person in front of her chuckles sweetly.

Lee Haeun throw her face to the window once their eyes meet, avoiding the person.. she just don’t really want to see her, honestly.

“Why do you do that?”

“What? What did I do?”

“Stop talking like you don’t know anything!” Haeun raised her voice.

“Haeun-ah.. Why do you raise your voice to me? You know, Unnie trust you the most than the others.”

“Trust?! How dare you to talk about trust to me?! Like you can be trusted. Don’t call me Haeun-ah and I don’t think you’re my Unnie.” She almost cry but she tried so hard to hold back.

“Why? It’s upsetting it is.. to lost the dream we had. I want to be always together with you guys.. So isn’t better if we just lost it together?” She smiles.

“YA! LEE HYE JIN!” Haeun can’t hold back and she hits the matcha and it’s all poured into her clothes.

“YOU’RE SUCH A WITCH.”

When Lee Hyejin was about to hurt Haeun back, the cafe staffs went upstairs quickly to separate both of them. They saw that Hyejin’s clothes was poured by  hot matcha.

“What should I do? She is really scary...”

“Omona.. it’s Hyejin and Honey..”

“The news are true.. She is mean..”

Haeun went speechless because she knows all of them staring at her like it’s her fault. She mean, everyone will always blame it like it’s her fault. She wants to protect herself but she couldn’t.

She was dragged by the cafe staffs and a security outside the cafe bring her to the police station, Like she did crime. All she could do is just to stay strong, and not cry. Don’t cry, she repeated that to herself.

“Lee Haeun-ssi..”

“Ne.”

“I don’t know what’s wrong with you.”

“Then don’t act like you know..” She answers soul-lessly.

“Let me call your parents to be responsible for you.”

“Aniyo. Why would you call my parents?” She refuses.

“Because you’re just going to be 19 this year but not yet. I need to call your parents.”

“And if not?”

“I have no choice but to leave you to sleep inside the cell today.”

“Then just do it.” She is just depressedly tired.

The policeman stares at her and exhale a heavy breath.

“Okay then if you..”

“Excuse me.” A man voice interupted.

“Yes, sir? Can I help you?” The police asks.

“I will be responsible for her.”

“NE?!” Both Haeun and the police shocked. Haeun quickly turned her face and she found Tae Yong seonsaengnim.

What do you think you are doing?!” She nearly shout.

He take a look at her and.. “But sir, What is your relationship with her?”

“I’m the lecturer in Seungri Univeristy. And she is my student starting from today so she is my responsibility.”

“Responsibility, My foot.” Haeun curses quietly.

“I’m truly sorry for her bad behavior.” Tae Yong said.

-

Two pair of feet walking together following the road. Someone is in the front and other one is walking about 2 meters behind her. Haeun keeps repeating the scene earlier in her mind, wondering how could Hyejin unnie turned so mean, she feels hurt because Hyejin was unnie that always took care of her in the group but.. why?! She feels upset, hurt, and betrayed. It’s like there is a heavy rock on her chest.

The young man behind her confused. Following her from behind, and watching her back walking. He really has no idea what’s happening with her. How could she look so sad and broken while the other side is so rude. He keeps wondering what’s in her mind. He wish he could read her mind so it will be easier for him. Sigh.. She is making him speechless. But looking at her, he couldn’t deny that she is pretty. Even after all the confusing bad behavior, she is pretty. ‘Yong Tae Yong! What are you thinking in time like this?!?!?!’ He slapped his face repeatedly to make himself got back to sense. OUCH.

“Ya, Ahjussi.”

Tae Yong stop to walk and looking at his back, right, left, looking for Ahjussi. “Ahjussi? Where is the Ahjussi?”

“I’m talking to you.”

“Me?!?! I’m not Ahjussi!!!”

“You don’t have to follow me. I can walk by myself.” Said Haeun coldly, not because she is rude.. she is just too tired to give a damn about anything right now.

“Ya, Student! First, I’m not ahjussi I’m only few years older than you. I’m only 24. Second, I think rather than calling me ahjussi, seonsangnim would be much appropriate.”

“Anyway, you should call me oppa. OPPA, YOU KNOW.” Tae Young pout slightly, hating to be called Ahjussi. He is not that old!!!

“Oppa?! HAHAHAHAHAHAH” Haeun laughs, finds out how weird is it to call him oppa.

“WHAT?!! WHAT’S WRONG WITH OPPA?!”

“Aniyo. HAHAHAHAH it’s just weird.” She keeps on laughing.

“What’s weird?” All the chance for him to get mad was broke after he saw her laughing. He doesn’t know why it make him feel relieved. He is glad to see that. He naturally smiles to see her laughing. He took few steps forward to get closer to her.

“Do you want to eat there? Let’s go eat first.” He now taking the lead to walk in front of her, heading to a noodles shop across the road.

“I didn’t even say yes or no. Geez.” She mumbles, but following him anyway.

The shop is quiet crowded with night delivery and they took seat in the corner of the shop. He ordered two bowl of spicy soup noodles and serve it for her, He hopes it will make her feel better. They was about to eat the noodles before a few highschoolers came to their table.

“Excuse me, Are you really Honey?” Haeun looks at the girls to see who is it.

“Omo.. you’re really Honey. You’re so pretty. I’m your fans.” The girls said and amazed because it’s really Honey.

“Ne? Ah.. Ne. Kamsahamnida.” Haeun bows slightly, she smiles but feeling also guilty. To be called Honey at this time is sort of weird.

“I know that the news are not true. I believe that you are a kind person, unnie... please always stay strong. Unnie, Hwaiting!!” The highschooler girls cheers for her before making their leave.

Haeun starts to eat her soup noodles. She feels glad that some people still believe her and still support her. Not judge her and believe that she is not a mean person. She didn’t realize that she starts to tears while eating. She is just sad right now.. just sad to disappoint a lot of people that supports her. She feels painful to see them suffer.

In front of her, the man was listening to the conversation with highschooler and now watching her cry quietly while eating. Getting this man more confused about it but he knows that it’s not the right time to ask anything to her. He also feel pain to see her cry like that. He exhales a deep breath.

“Don’t cry.” He said as wiping the tears on her cheek.

“You’re not that pretty when you cry, you know?”

Haeun slowly stop crying and both of them finish the noodles. After a while, they finished and Tae Yong seonsaengnim took her to her apartment.

“Who is Honey?” He asked randomly and making light conversation with her on the way.

“Honey? It’ me on TV.” She answered.

“Ah.. so it’s like a stage name.” He said and she gives him a nod.

“So who are you right now?”

“Right now? I’m Haeun. I don’t think I can be Honey anymore.” She answers painfully but that’s just what she thinks.

“Can you tell me what happened?” Tae Yong asks.

“That time.. I was doing my photoshot for a beauty brand alone in China. My members was in Korea. I supposed to go back to Korea the day after but my manager took me back immediately. I wasn’t sure about what happened. Once I arrived at the company, Sajangnim told us that we will have all schedules turned off and postponed until the undecided time. I swear my world has been brought down to die that time. I was looking around and Hyejin unnie is missing. I can’t contact her after that time the only thing was left on the internet for me to know what happened is.. Just like you can see too. Hyejin unnie announce that she got hit and bullies by company and our members.”

Haeun words tremble.

“Today.. she told me she wants to meet me, but she talked like she’s not sorry at all. And I got angry. But after that, the blame is always on me.”

Soon after she finished the story, they arrived at her apartment building.

“I still don’t get any explaination from her. But then I think.. her explaination will not make anything change back to how it used to be. I’ll go in, seonsaengnim. Annyeonghigeseyo.”

Haeun bows down slightly, quickly disappear from TaeYong’s sight.

Taeyong couldn’t progress how he should feel very quickly after he heard what happened from her. ‘So it is why..’ Taeyong thought himself.

This day has been a tiring day for him. He took a cab to go back to his house. He keeps replaying what happened today in his mind, thinking he had done a great job as a lecturer. He glad he did it.

BEEP. You have received a message.

He opened it.

“Thank you, seonsaengnim. But still I can’t forgive you for peeking on me earlier. Geez.”

He laughs. ‘This kid..’


Hope you enjoy.