His Roller Coster Life #3

His Roller Coster Life

“Ouch!”  Taemin rubbing his finger when he unconsciously touching the hot side of the kettle. He hurridly pouring the water steadily while counting on his head to make a well served manual brew, but he get distraction from his heart beat, so fast and loud until it get mixed with the counting. He keep whispering a calm down to himself, knowing that his imagination already ruined by the appeariance of Choi Minho. Why is he so handsome and tall and perfect is keep repeating on his head until his cheek blooming. The way his eyes and smile hovering in Taemin’s mind, he definitely would envy  for those who get his affection. Sometimes he asking himself if Minho would ever reply his feeling, but he shaking his head fastly upon that think.

 

“Too good to be true.” He said, murmuring. There is no way Minho would like a boy with all oddly thinks sticking on his fate.

 

The three brewing already makes his way, alluring with the freshly roasted bean flavors tangling on their philtrum. Mr. Ji put his hand in the air when the coffee is arrived safely in front of him. He pull a chair for Taemin in the middle, let the youngster join their morning talk while enjoying the cafein. Taemin already offering him a glass of water, just in chase his expression becomes weird after take a sip.

 

“Its really good. Usually the acid would stay strongly on your tongue but its really light.” Said Minho. Taemin eyes is sparkling and he couldn’t tell wheter his face is about to explode or not but he extremely happy to hear that, makes Mr. Ji want to more.

 

“Yah, you didn’t look so happy when I give you a praise!” Said Mr. Ji, only makes Taemin more embaracing. Mr. Ji mostly talk about Taemin being forgetfull and clumsy since he easily lost something that belonged to him such a wallet or phone.

 

“He much younger than me but he keep forgetting where the hell he put his phone almost every time. There was a day when he got home without his phone and I tricked him by hiding it in the next day.” Said Mr. Ji, earning a laugh from Minho while Taemin keep his head down, unable to stop him, so does the addictive laugh from Mr. Choi. Their conversation being distracted when the phone is ringing and Taemin is ready to escape the scene when Mr. Ji hold him, “Yah, let me pick it up. Iam sure its from Minseok-ki because I ordered something from his store. You have to accompany Minho while iam on call.” Taemin shots his pleading eyes to not leave them alone but its not working as Mr. Ji already walking to the phone. The awkward is coming again, with the backsound of Mr. Ji conversation in dialect with his friend.

 

“Mr. Ji  dialect always makes me want to go to his homeland.” Said Minho suddenly, breaking the ice between them.

“True. It must be really entertaining to see five peoples talking like Mr. Ji.” They both laugh, but still in awkward manner as the silent once again approaching.

 

“So, you also work in coffee shop?” asked Minho.

 

“Uh, yes. Its near here, around Mapo.” Answered Taemin shortly, lifting his cup and ready to take a sip.

 

“What’s the name? ill make sure to visit if ll be around there.” The question makes him choking. Minho reflexively patting his back and offering him a handkerchief.

 

“Iam sorry!” Taemin said, not realizing that he use the handkerchief for covering his lips. “Its.. Two minutes coffee, please feel free to come anytime.”  Minho laugh at the action, no wonder Mr. Ji a lot because his reaction is really amusing. When he wants to talk more with Taemin, his phone is ringing and he sight at the name that appeared on the screen. He check on Mr. Ji that still on the phone and decide to pack up.

 

“I have to go now, please tell Mr. Ji I will call him later, and Thank you so much for the morning coffee.” He wave a goodbye to him when Taemin just staring, unable to reply a single word as his eyes concentrating to his board back, finally realizing the handkerchief of Minho still on his grasp. He put his head on the table.

 

“Did Minho just go???” Mr. Ji comes in hurry after done with his conversation, finding Taemin putting his head on the marble table. “I told you to take a day off, look at you now with those red face, you about about to explode, go to hospital before you get love sick!”

 

“Uuukh, stop it please.”

 

###

Minho stretching his back, letting an audible groan when the meeting finally over and he left alone in the 11th floor of his corporate building. He positioning himself in front of a large glasses with capital city view in the afternoon where the vehicles start to fill up the quite street, peoples gather around in the shelter waiting for a bus, or running to the nearest subway. The scenery of sun ready to sinking is always amazing, how much nature has been sacrificing their existence to showing its beauty. The orange sky engulfing the busy city, asking for peoples attention. He look down to the park where he could find the mothers bring their children there to play around with another children, and they would chasing each other with a playful laught Minho could hear it by heart. He imagining himself being there with his child, it must be a lot of fun and Minho definitely would play along on those trampoline or climbing over those trees. The thought bring a bitter smile on his face, in the end, he should adding ‘if only’ on that think.

 

He just turning 31 this year, an appropriate age to start a family. Actually he almost have one before everything just disappeared. If he counts it right, the child should be in his four years old. He clenched his hand as it feels like to hold the little fingers, and it comes again, the feeling when you missed something you never see or know if its alive or not. He take his phone on the table and dialing a familiar number, the one he always trust to be the one who could comfort and cure his restlessness. The phone keep ringing without answer as he expected it. Minho doesn’t even slightly disappointed as he know very well this person is super busy saving someone’s life, him includes. The phone then vibrating as Minho check immedietly, hoping the name he called earlier would be the one on the screen, but apparently its not.

 

“Hello?  No its fine. What is it, Yerim-sshi?”

 

###

Taemin keep looking at the clock, counting every second that already passed. Its 16.30, a half hour before he needs to be in school for picking up Yoogeun. The flower is waiting on the desk, ready to be collected by its owner. Mr. Ji had overed him to take over the order but Taemin doesn’t want to missed a single thing even the delivery should be by him so he could showed the gratitude for his first customer. He check his phone oftenly, thinking if he has to call the customer himself before his phone start to ring,

 

“Oh, Hello. Taemin-sshi! Iam so sorry I think I can’t reach there by 5! But my friend near there will pick it up in five minutes is that fine??” Said the bass sound in hurry, seems like he is driving right now.

 

“No problem, Chanyeol-sshi. Five minutes is fine, ill be waiting.”

 

“Oh, thank you! The traffic is horrible and I need to pick up my fiancée, uhm, well I bet I couldn’t yet call her mine since I need your flower to fulfill it.”

 

“I hope she will like it! You have to tell me the result immedietly.”

“You will be the first one to know, except for the waiters, and restaurant staff, and probably 20 peoples whose enjoying their time too, oh no Iam nervous!”

 

“I know, I also nervous!” Taemin could hear clearly the loud laught from the other side. Chanyeol is a very nice and friendly guy Taemin has ever met. A talkative person who able to transmit his happy virus even for an introvert and shy person like Taemin. They barely had met once when Chanyeol came as a customer. Thus, Taemin couldn’t forget how he couldn’t stop wandering around while asking with his loud voice, not giving a space for silent as Taemin slowly draining his energy. But he treat Taemin like an old separated friend whose shared a good-bad memories in school eventhough they just a pair of stranger a minutes ago, something that Taemin never had before.

 

“Anyway, my friend is riding a motorcycle, perhaps you can put the flower in the box or something?”

 

“Definietly. Ill give you a ribbon as an extra.”

 

“Thanks! Ah, Taemin-sshi iam gonna hung up, got a call from Baekhee, I bet she want to nagging!” Taemin giggling at the other phone, he really want to meet the lovebird although it could cause him a great headache, Chanyeol said that Baekhee is way more active and talkative than him.

 

“Sure. Chanyeol-sshi thank you very much for trusting me, please come again, with you fiancée next time.”

 

A loud laught could be heard,“I like that calling. See you next time, Bye!”

 

Taemin notice there is someone outside the door, standing firmly as he wouldn’t be swayed away by wind. He wait him to come but there is no action after a half minutes has passed, makes him suspicious. He tiptoeing towards the door, the figure out there watching him moving along his light steps. He grab the handle with warning, afraid if the person have bad intention before a tall, quite familiar figure, appear in his very eyes. The both  showing same shock reaction and backing away.

 

“I, Iam here to collect the bouquet of my friend, Park Chanyeol.” Said the guy, does Taemin see a cherry on the both cheeks?

 

“Aaaaah, Iam Taemin, Chanyeol-sshi just called me about this. Please come inside.” Taemin open the door widely. He running to the stationary storage to get the box and ribbon as request, leaving the customer’s friend with the beauties  around. When Taemin is done with the wrapping, he rushing again to the tall guy who seems mesmerized with the view of…

 

the flowers…

 

or the boy’s over flower.

 

“Here the package, please deliver it safely.” He bring the baby blue box color and extra sapphire ribbon on the top, ready to unite the two souls. The guy accept it with shaky hand, “Are you alright?” asked Taemin, worry.

 

“Iam fine. Don’t worry I will deliver it right away.” He slightly smiling towards Taemin which he find it quite strange. The guy doesn’t leave and just standing there, glancing at Taemin then to the box as if he refrain himself from talking or asking something. As much as Taemin wants to get out from the sight, he also doesn’t leave the spot or give a gesture to leave because the face he looks right now somehow familiar.

 

“Yah, why you still here?? Go pick up your son! Iam sorry is there anything I can help, young man?” Mr. Ji come to the scene, fortunately.

 

The guy stutter a bit, probably over the ‘son’ word, somehow makes Taemin uneasy eventhough he doesn’t really care.

 

“Oh yes, Iam going now.” Taemin take his bag and ready to leave before the guy speak again.

 

“I can give you a ride to the school.” Said the guy, giving a shock to both Taemin and Mr. Ji.

 

“Young man, I didn’t mention about school, how could you know?” Asked Mr. Ji, crossing his arm, a sudden worry just naturally take over his mind like he has to protect his daughter, waiting for some clarification.