23% Campfire Song Song

30% Battery Life

Her eyes watched as the light blazes of the fire danced around to its own cackling music. of flames fanned out and tried to attach to something solid before extinguishing out. The orange and yellow lights were mirrored in her eyes as she was intoxicated by its dangerous nature. The wood that housed the element had become blackened and cracked under the pressure of the heat.

Even from the distance she was at, sitting perched on a log, she could feel the warmth bathing over her. The freeze that usually accompanied the night hours of the woods had been eliminated by the campfire. She admired how the smoke arose from the depths of scorching timber. There was something special about the way the soot would swirl around a little until it reached the sky, where it was too dark for her to further examine.

There was something nice about fires, something comforting. She wondered if it was absurd of her to half wish a stray ember would land onto a tree and set the entire forest ablaze. She just wanted to see more of it, on a bigger scale.

Smokey the Bear would definitely not be pleased with the little camper. She let out a wicked smile as she grabbed one of the pokers for the fire and started to shift around the burnt wood experimentally.

“Pyromaniac thoughts again?” Yong Guk asked as he came back from making another s’more. He flicked some of the graham cracker crumbs onto her as he spoke.

“Hm.” she hummed as she turned over a charred piece of wood. She hunched her back closer to gain access to more of the large flames.

Yong Guk eyed her questionably and carefully traded her iron poker for his s’more. He ignored her small whimper at the loss of her toy. “Since this is the last night of your camping trip, you think you can restrain yourself from creating a natural disaster?”

She scowled at him in response to his sensible words and bit into his s’more brashly. Her eye twitched at the burning sensation she was suffering from the melted chocolate. She didn’t know whether or not to spit it out or let the molten lava slide down . Her pride was on the line. Damn it.

Yong Guk simply stared at her smugly, knowing the cause of the uncomfortable contortion of her pretty features. He blinked a few times wondering if he should save her dying taste buds but shrugged off the inkling and settled for laughing at her pain instead. He figured this was karma for her near devastation of an entire forest.

At some point, the dreaded bite of s’more was spat out as she ran to the table with all the drinks. Zelo was acting as honorary Refreshment Boy, watching over all the drinks. She wasn’t sure who had assigned him the job, but he seemed to be enjoying it. If one can find fun in handing out soda and juice to people.

“Noona!” Zelo perked up at her presence. “What would you like to quench your thirst?” He gestured to the wide array of drinks decorating the picnic table.

“Anything to help with my burnt tongue.” She spoke carefully to avoid causing further pain within .

“What? You hurt yourself, Noona?” Zelo exclaimed, truly alarmed by the new information. Without hesitation he left his post as Refreshment Boy and took a firm hold of her jaw, staring her down.

“Zelo, what are yo-” The cyborg’s grip tightened, leaving her unable to speak further. His eyes were focused on her tongue, making an assessment of how bad the damage was.

“Doesn’t look too serious.” Zelo confirmed before letting go, “Woo! That sure is great, Noona. I’d be worried if you were really hurt. Could you imagine having a large third degree on your tongue? You know there have been documented cases where-”

“Just hand me a can of cold juice.” She sighed as he was about to get into his medical ramblings.

“Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no.” The blonde furiously shook his head, his curls bouncing from his rapid movements. “Silly Noona! Until healing occurs, one is to stay away from acidic foods like tomatoes, citrus fruits and juices, items with vinegar, pop, etc., as well as salty items like potato chips, since these items will irritate the area.”

“Then what do you want me to do?” She whined a bit childishly as her tongue still stung.

Zelo his heel and swiftly began digging through the cooler encasing the drinks that were not on display to the students. Without as so much as a warning he stuffed several large ice cubes into .

Her facial muscles spasmed at the chilling sensation. She let out several loud muffled cries as the ice melted slowly in .

“Make sure that contact with the cool item is maintained for at least a full minute. This will help the heat dissipate more quickly so it doesn't do as much damage on your tongue cells.”

It was cold. So very cold. She was on the floor. The floor was so very cold. She was rolling around to try to ignore the burn the ice itself was giving her. She didn’t know whether the original burn or the ice hurt more. Then again, she’s always had a sensitive tongue. One must have a beautiful palate to appreciate food after all.

As a nice background music to her wreathing on the floor was another one of Zelo’s lectures, “Noona, did you know that many people often burn their mouths while drinking very hot coffee or tea? Some Indians, however, drink a drop of ghee - a class of clarified butter that originated in South Asia and is commonly used in South Asian cuisine and ritual - everyday mixed with their tea or coffee to avoid future burns. This is not yet a medically established procedure though. Noona, are you listening to meeeee?” Zelo ended his lecture with a whine as he stared at said girl still lying on the floor.

“I thought you were on database lockdown.” she asked as the last of the ice drained down .

“This is common knowledge!” Zelo recited as if it was a slap in the face to Wonderbread.

“Sorry, I am not well versed in the ways of tea.”

“It cannot be helped. I will teach you all the amazing teas people consider ‘home remedies’ to viruses like colds and fevers. It’s fascinating what some people believe. It will also come in handy next week when Hyung will fake a cold to spend more time with you.”

“Oh, so he programmed some of his habits into you, like how you know how Yong Guk and I first met?” She asked curiously, getting up as she brushed off the dirt from her clothes. Her tongue felt much better after the excruciating ice attack.

“Yes and no! He told me he was going to pretend to be sick with some sort of Forest Fever. Which is nonexistent by the way. I would know.”

“Zelo, is there any really disgusting tea that can be used as a ‘home remedy’?”

“Several!” The cyborg chirped.

“Delightful. I will take care of your Hyung and his Forest Fever with beautiful bedside manners.”

“B-but Forest Fever doesn’t exist...” Zelo said meekly, his engines running overdrive. Perhaps he was wrong? But that wasn’t possible. Forest Fever was not a real virus that could be caught, or was it? The boy was in a frenzy, utterly displeased at the lockdown code Yong Guk activated. He wanted to use his database more than ever right now.

His noona began to survey him closely, worry ebbing its way into her features, “Z-zelo, are you okay?” She tugged on the pink jacket she had lent the android, courtesy of her own closet. Or so she had told the blonde, but in all actuality the real owner of the neon pink jacket was Koko. He was quite smashing in pink in reality and the jacket fit his slender frame a little too well.

“Noona... TAKE ME TO A LIBRARY. I must research about this Forest Fever. This is not possible that I don’t know of such a thing and if I don’t know it then that means then Yong Guk hyung doesn’t know it. If Hyung doesn’t know it, then that means we’re failures. WE’RE ALL DOOMED.”

Her eyes had expanded to the size of saucers and she hoped that not everyone was staring at the odd Refreshment Boy who seemed to be screaming about the end of the world. She made a mental note to make sure Yong Guk got rid of the God Complex he had set for himself within Zelo’s hard drive. Conceited bastard had fried Zelo’s brain.

“It’s okay,” she cooed to him with a mother’s voice, her body heating up from the stress of trying to calm him, “C’mon, let’s go sit down over by that log.” She took Zelo’s hand and they took a seat by the fire again. There was another iron poker by her, but she made no attempt to grab for it as she was too concerned about Zelo’s sanity (well it’s debatable if he had one to start with, but yeah.)

“Forest Fever is not a real thing. You were right. Zelo is right about a lot of things. So don’t be afraid.” She was having difficulty trying to find words that would comfort the distraught robot, but she was trying at least. “Ummm... Zelo, let’s talk about all the things you do know about. You know about science, history, art, and- what else do you know?”

“I know about Yong Guk and Noona’s past!” Zelo piped in as if it was the most important thing ever.

Him Chan barged through the bushes from behind the group, gripping Zelo’s shoulders, looking eerily down at the gelatin dessert, “I WANT TO KNOW!”

“I don’t mind a nice campfire story too.” Daehyun yawned as he appeared from the same bush as Him Chan, scaring the life out of Wonderbread.

“What the are you two doing in a bush?! Together at that...”

“Ohohohohohohohohoh...” Koko giggled, wiggling each digit individually near her pursed lips as she popped out from an adjacent bush.

“Koko, I thought I told you to stop that.” Myungsoo said, appearing from the same bush too.

“Have you all been spending time in bushes?!” The girl asked scandalized. .

“Many animals live in bushes. They make appropriate homes for small creatures like...” the boy fell in a panic as he was restricted from searching up forest animals that inhabited foliage. The girl’s head fell in defeat as she tried console the boy undergoing another mental breakdown.

Him Chan furrowed his brows, “I don’t know what those two were doing,” he pointed to Myungsoo and Koko, “but me and Daehyun were uhhh... doing stuff.” Him Chan didn’t have it in him to say that they were spying on the two the moment they sat down. At first they were in the bush just playing a game of tic tac toe in the dirt.

“Stuff...” Wonderbread repeated incredulously.

“NOT LIKE THAT.” Him Chan screamed.

Daehyun wrapped his arm around Him Chan’s waist, “Awww let them know about the stuff we were doing, or are you ashamed of me, Channie?” There was a mischievous glint in his eye.

“Shut up, Daehyun, you’re getting off topic again. Let’s hear the story, jello boy,” Him Chan desperately tried to bring the attention away from himself. Upon doing so, it made the group seem more suspicious. Perhaps the rumors were true.

The group of four took seats on the log Wonderbread and Zelo were perched upon themselves. “Ahhhh... nothings better like a nice campfire story.” Daehyun said, stretching himself to take up the majority of the log, nearly knocking off the others.

“So I guess this became some kind of group activity for you all, huh? Okay, Zelo, start. Oh, but let me call over Jong Up and Young Jae first to join in too.” She waved over to the two who were enjoying some s’mores themselves and quietly conversing. They smiled when they noticed and walked over with their treats. “Awesome, well everyone’s here now. Start with the story, Zelo.”

“OH HELL NO.” Yong Guk yelled from across the campfire, still in the same spot that Wonderbread had left him at to cool her aching tongue. “You can’t tell that story when I’m not there!”

“Then get your over here!” Wonderbread countered, rolling her eyes at his lazy nature.

“No! You get over here!”

“Pffft.” she pursed her lips.

“Zelo, start the story.”



Three years ago, at the start of freshman year, Yong Guk had the wild notion that girls were attracted to the undead.

(“The undead? Like zombies? The , that sicko” Him Chan said shocked.)

(“The undead, yep. Like Nosferatu and Dracula!” Zelo replied.)

Yong Guk had a limited amount of social skills since he liked to stay in his lab. He preferred solitary, or so he said. There was something about machines that made him happy that others failed to provide for him.

(“Yong Guk would try to make himself look like a tortured soul in your eyes, Zelo.”)

Around that time, Yong Guk’s parents opened ‘Tea Leaf’, a bakery that hoped to achieve great business. His parents had asked Yong Guk to make plenty of friends in highschool when he started and bring them to the bakery. It was unfortunate that Yong Guk was not blessed with the same friendly aura as his twin Yong Nam easily exuded.

(“Twin brother??”)

(“Yeah, Yong Guk has a twin brother. He studies abroad because apparently you need to go overseas for a good education,” Wonderbread shrugged.)

(“Makes sense. On with the story!” Koko demanded.)

The entire day before the semester began, Yong Guk spent all day online trying to learn what girls liked. He figured it would be easier being friends with girls rather than boys. He spent most of his life trying to make friends with guys and failed. During his research he found that many females were enamored with the book Twilight and a hairy man named Edward Cullen.

With his new found knowledge, he immediately bought  himself a copy after receiving a strange look from the store clerk. He, however, ignored the look. He figured it was probably shocking for someone so masculine, or beautiful as he puts it, buying a book targeted at teenage girls.

When he returned home, he finished the book in a matter of hours and was fully prepared to make friends. There was one miscalculation though. Most (sane) girls don’t like Twilight and guys that read Twilight aren’t particularly friend material or even worth being near.

Yong Guk had walked all throughout the school holding the book with him or pretending to be reading it, hoping that a girl would notice and befriend him.

(“So it was Yong Guk I saw with the Twilight book...” Myungsoo said thinking back to their first year.)

(“It was kind of endearing if you think about it,” his best friend tried to defend.)

(“Awww, YOU LOVE ME!” Yong Guk exclaimed as he ran, flailing his arms to hug his future lover.)

(“I thought you were too lazy to hear the story.”)

(“Never too lazy to hug you, best friend.”)

Since Yong Guk usually had his nose delved within the romance of an old vampire and a teenage girl, he couldn’t see where he was going. More often than not, he found himself crashing into things. He usually was walking into walls and doors though, but one time he walked into Noona.

Noona was apologizing since she wasn’t paying attention to where she was going either. Yong Guk was left speechless since this was the first in a while he was actually talking to someone.

(“I miss the days where he didn’t talk...” Wonderbread sighed.)

(“Oh hush, you love me.” His hug tightened. “We’re about to get to my favorite part.”)

So Hyung, being the dashing fellow that he was, and still currently is, he swooped Noona off her feet and they eloped.

(“What kind of bull crap did you fill Zelo’s head with?”)

(“With my favorite part.”)

Okay, so they haven’t eloped yet but Yong Guk says it’ll happen. When Yong Guk bumped into Noona he began devising a plan to befriend her. Operation E.T Make Friend. The next several days were spent expertly running into Noona. Yong Guk had long abandoned the horrible Twilight book since he was making zero friends.

(“Still can’t believe you thought that would work.” Daehyun voiced.)

(“Shuddup. It seemed like a good idea at the time.”)

(“When do you have good ideas?” His friend mocked.)

(“Stop bickering and let me hear the story!” Koko strained her voice, frustrated with the constant interruptions by the terrible two.)

Every time Noona and Hyung would walk into each other, Yong Guk would try to spark up a conversation, but Noona was always too distracted to do so. It wasn’t until a month into the school year and a record fifty crash-ins later did she give him her name.

(“How did you not notice something was up when he kept crashed into you fifty times?!” Him Chan was amazed by her ignorance.)

(Wonderbread glared at him, “I had something on my mind and besides I didn’t know it was the same person each time.”)

(Koko’s body was fuming now, smoke came out her ears as she was ready to maul the idiotic blonde. “Interrupt again, I dare you.” She challenged Him Chan, fingers wringed around his neck.)

Since the high school has the mandatory rule with active participation or after school activities, Yong Guk was at a lost of what to sign up for. He really wanted to make his own robotics club but due to his lack of friends he would not be able to start it. At least one other member was needed to get the group approved. So Hyung did the only thing he could, he signed Noona up with him! Genius.

(“More like frustrating. I was gonna join the cooking club and be their taste tester.”)

(Him Chan stared at Koko who remained perfectly passive, “Wait! She interrupted too! You’re not going to do anyth-”)

(“Please continue, Jelly Zelo,” Koko smiled angelically.)

The other school rule is that most students get only one club and they can’t join another until the new semester. Noona was stuck with Yong Guk and his robotics club until Christmas. It was wonderful! They became really close friends.

(“I tried killing him the first month to be honest.”)

(“But you didn’t succeed.” He lifted her arm so they could form a heart together.)

(“Wait, Yong Guk can talk too! What the hel-”)

Yong Guk tried really hard to make Noona his friend. He tried to show her the wonders of the mechanic and engineering world, which she brushed off at first but grew to like. Since the robotics club wasn’t too popular, it was just them for most of the months. Romantic, isn’t it?

(“Zelo is full of garbage.” She growled in frustration.)

(“Noona, I’m not full of garbage. I make sure to keep everything clean. I run a self mainten-”

(“Shhhhhhhh...” Yong Guk shushed Zelo about the robotics talk.)

(“It’s rude to not let him finish.” Jong Up said.)

(“Yeah! I should be able to finish talking too! Why am I the only one who is not allowed to tal- Ow.”)

A beautiful friendship began to form. On occasion, Yong Guk had invited Noona to his family’s bakery, but she refused. She said that she preferred living the life of a hermit. She had all the friends she needed at home: Chip, Penny, and Used Napkin.

(“Is that a Sponge Bob reference?” Young Jae laughed)

(“I’ll have you know Penny has a beautiful singing voice!” She replied with a grin)

(“Shut up, Him Chan” Koko eyed the boy with his mouth gaping open.)

(“I wasn’t even saying anythi- Owwww...”)

Yong Guk wouldn’t relent however, he would eventually get Noona to leave her house. He had walked her home before, so he knew where she lived. It was only a matter of time before he could set his plans in action. It involved the use of a bubble machine. It worked.

The two walked around with their bubble machine. They kidnapped a few children on their way as they would follow the two whom they dubbed ‘bubble fairies’. All they did on Saturdays was play with the bubble maker. Eventually they finally got to do more things. And that is how Hyung and Noona became friends.



The people at the fire clapped for Yong Guk and his elaborate plan. “Thank you, thank you. I know I’m a genius.”

Him Chan, whose arms were purple with bruises couldn’t clap, not that it mattered. “You sounded more like a stalker.”

Wonderbread nodded her head in agreement but sighed. “Oh well, the past is the past. Let’s all finish up the leftover food before the other vultures get to it.” She grabbed Zelo’s hand, “Your arms are perfect for gathering food. Let’s go.”

As the two walked away from the group of friends, she finally asked Zelo, “Hey, do you know about the date me and Yong Guk had before?”

Zelo nodded his head and smiled, “I know a lot, right Noona?” He smiled up at her.

She nodded and patted his head, “My Zelo is smart isn’t he?” She chuckled.

“Hey, Noona, are you still upset that Yong Guk never kissed you on your date?”

His noona looked at him and shook her head, “Nahh... I’m over it.” She laughed once more and gave Zelo a stronger tug, “Now come on, we need food.”

The android pulled her backwards though and pressed his cold lips to her warm ones. She was shocked beyond words. She was too dazed to move away from the boy until Zelo did so himself.

“Now Noona has nothing to be disappointed about!” Zelo’s childlike features illuminated in amusement and he spun them towards the food table.

‘Stupid robot’ she thought as she began to forget about the kiss.


GUYS. LOOK. THIS IS A TEN PAGE UPDATE. WOW.