Sunrise

Synchronicity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Serene music can be heard across the halls of the recording studio. The cozy studio is home of many talented musicians and artists collaborating together for music projects, bound by their love for the art.

On some rooms you may hear lively pop music, sometimes rock, sometimes sad ballads. All sorts of music are created here in the JYR Studio. The studio is one of the best in Korea in terms of music. They made film scores for famous movies, produced songs for many artists including famous idol groups, and keeps on living that glory in the field of arts and music.

However, they are not as strong as they were on their glory days today, but they’re still up there. With the power and leadership of the fresh CEO of the studio, renowned musician, composer and vocalist Jo Yuri somehow keeps the fire alive.

“That’s it for today, guys. You all did well on our vocal training today. Please take note of the points I’ve told you about. I’m expecting improvements next week!” Yuri announced to her trainees in the vocals department.

“Yes, ma’am! Thank you!”, her students answered as they bowed to each other.

As the trainees were leaving the vocal training room, a woman with a mint-colored scarf entered the room and started walking towards Yuri, clapping slowly.

“Oh, the great JO YU RI. You’re so cool. I like that bit where you sang that high note, I wish I could do it, too.”

“That was pretty hard, to be honest. But, Chaewon, are you done teaching the piano for today?”

“Yes I am. Our talents are getting better each day, thanks to ME!”, Chaewon exclaimed.

It was Kim Chaewon, Yuri’s vice, co-producer, and is the head of the music department. Her figure exudes skill and elegance. Many talents are scared of her as she always looks sharp and cunning, but only in times when she needs to be serious. Most of the time, she’s scrambling around, looking funny. She handles the training for the various studio instruments and she is also the self-proclaimed adviser of Yuri.

“Okay. Anyway, hasn’t anyone called you yet? For projects?”, Yuri asked.

“Well… nope. It’s been MONTHS and we still haven’t got anything. What do you think we should do?!”

“I’ve got some contacts and I’ll try reaching out to them. The last one cancelled and it’s frustrating. For the mean time, I think it's good that our talents are creating their own music and here we are training them, as well.”

“Okay, WELL, maybe I could think of something.”

They left the training room and went inside Yuri’s spacious office. The two usually talks about projects and plans inside Yuri's office, as it seemed to be the most peaceful room in the studio. Yuri would always play a classical music collection whenever she enters her office, it's as if it's automatic. Chaewon went for the couch where she's always comfortable and Yuri went for her chair behind her desk to relax for a little bit. After a few minutes of silence, Chaewon exclaimed.

“I CAN’T THINK OF ANYTHING. UGH. AND I CAN’T DO ANYTHING FOR THE REST OF THE DAY, EITHER.”

“Relax, we’ll get there... By the way, Chaewon, do you mind accompanying me? I need to buy more papers for the printing of our music sheets.” Yuri asked her co-producer. Having no response, she shouted,

“Hey, Chaewon. YAH CHAEWON!!!”

Chaewon closed her eyes, wanting to ignore Yuri’s request.

“It’s the bookstore, damn it!”

“Yay! Let’s go Yuri! That’s all you had to say!” Chaewon exclaimed as she bolted from the couch and proceeded to get ready for the trip to the bookstore. 

Yuri put on her bright, orange coat and picked up her small bag. As she headed for the door, a silver anklet fell from the open pocket of her bag.

“We’re just heading for the bookstore and you still had to bring that?” Chaewon laughed as she asked Yuri.

“We never know.” she answered, as she closed the door of her office.

We never know.

They went out of the studio and went towards the nearby bookstore to secure the items they needed. The bookstore is always their go-to place for materials as it also comes with a little café inside as a resting lounge for readers, which the two always enjoy. It wasn’t really a long walk, as the bookstore is just a block away from the music studio. All of the silence from Yuri’s office was changed with the sounds of the cars, the sound of people living their everyday lives, the sound of life, the sound of a busy day in the middle of Seoul.

As Yuri opened the wooden door of the bookstore, the sweet sound of the chimes situated on top of the door resonated and she was welcomed with the smell of a mix of books hinting a scent of vanilla and freshly-brewed coffee from the café inside. The partially lit lights along the entrance gives the bookstore a cozy feel, giving any customer a relaxing feeling of being at home. The two went inside and they were greeted by the shop owner with a pretty smile on her face.

“Yuri, Chaewon! Same order for today?”

“Yes, Minju, but I would like a little bit more sugar for today” Yuri answered.

“Oh, someone’s in need of some sweetness for today, huh?, Minju teased Yuri.

“Well, life had been pretty bitter for the music studio and I'm pretty tired, so… I think this would be perfect”, Yuri answered with her signature puppy smile which always looked so cute.

“Still haven’t got any projects la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter