Debris

Twenty-Six Reasons Why... I Love You

Title: Debris
Type: One-shot
Word Count: 881 (HALLELUJAH!)
From: Twenty-Six Reasons Why... I Love You
Part: 4/26
Pairing: SooSeop [Soohyun/Kiseop]
Genre: Romance, Fluff, Reality
Rating: G
Warnings: implied boyxboy
Disclaimer: I don't own the characters... Just Soohyun's briefcase. 'Cause it's MINE!! *runs off with it*

 

_________________________________________________________

 

Debris
(n.) broken and scattered remains, wreckage

 

“I don't want you to leave.”

 

“Kiseop... I'm just going to the store.” Kiseop whined as he wrapped his arms around the other boy's torso and buried his face into said boy's side.

 

“But then when you get back, you'll just have to go to work soon after. So please don't go~” Soohyun rolled his eyes but smiled, nonetheless.

 

“Fine. I'll just go to the store before I come back.”

 

“Yay!” Kiseop cheered as he tightened his hug. Soohyun chuckled silently and draped his arm over Kiseop's shoulders, pulling the boy closer to him. The younger boy nuzzled Soohyun's side as he breathed deeply, reveling in the time he spent with Soohyun.

 

“I love you, you know,” Kiseop said. Soohyun tightened his hold on the other boy.

 

“I love you too.”

 

The couple spent their time together by just fooling around and enjoying each other's presence. Before they knew it, the time for Soohyun to leave was approaching and Kiseop was not ready to let him leave yet.

 

“Can't you just play hookey?” Kiseop asked as he leaned against the door frame, his eyes never leaving Soohyun.

 

“Kiseop,” Soohyun said, surprise evident in his voice. “I can't just skip work; we have to live somehow. And I'm not my own boss, so it's not like I can just not show up.” Kiseop pouted in response while he watched his boyfriend sling a tie around his neck. Sighing, he pushed away from the door and made his way over to Soohyun.

 

“Here.” He quickly took the tie from Soohyun's hands and fastened a knot. “There,” he said after he finished.

 

“Thank you,” Soohyun replied as he smiled genuinely, which caused a light shade of pink to color Kiseop's cheeks. The younger boy only nodded in response as he was trying to control his blush. Soohyun's smile softened before he took the male into his arms.

 

“I love you,” he said. His heart leapt into his throat when he felt small, yet lean, arms gradually return the embrace. Soohyun swore he even heard a muffled mumble that sounded like 'I love you too, you stupid moron.'

 


 

“I'm off. Is there anything else that you need?” Soohyun asked as he slipped his jacket on.

 

“No, I don't think so. Just what's on the list,” Kiseop said as he held onto Soohyun's briefcase. Soohyun took it from his and kissed Kiseop's forehead gently.

 

“Thanks. I'll be back before seven, okay?” Kiseop nodded, and Soohyun smiled before he walked towards the door. As he opened the door, he felt a body collide with his back and he soon felt a familiar pair of arms snake around his waist. Soohyun's grip on the doorknob slacked, and he gently placed his hand over Kiseop's.

 

“Kiseop-ah,” Soohyun began. “What's worrying you?” He felt the boy's embrace tighten before Kiseop let go completely.

 

“I was just cold, is all,” Kiseop replied. Soohyun knew he was lying, but he chuckled regardless.

 

“You should put a jacket on then. I'll see you later, neh?” Soohyun didn't wait for a response from Kiseop.

 

Kiseop watched from the door as Soohyun started up his metallic-red Camry. Soohyun had received that car from his mother for his 23rd birthday. Soohyun had refused to accept the car, but his mother would not hear of it. Kiseop , though, that Soohyun really had appreciated the gift, even if he will not say as much. The roaring of the engine brought Kiseop out of his reverie and he watched Soohyun just in time to see him exit the driveway and disappear down the street, disappearing from the younger boy's eyes. Kiseop sighed as he closed the door and walked into the kitchen. He might as well start cooking, seeing as there was nothing else better to do.

 


 

Seven hours pass since then, and Kiseop is almost finished cooking. Soohyun had sent him a text a few minutes prior to make sure Kiseop did not need anything else. Kiseop smiled to himself as he sat on a bar stool, excitement overflowing from him. He really just wanted to see Soohyun.

 

Minutes pass and Kiseop glances at the clock: 7:15 PM. He shrugs it off, thinking that Soohyun just got stuck in traffic or if he was held up in the store. Soon enough, the time turns to 7:45 PM, and Kiseop begins to worry. He had not received any word from Soohyun; he could only hope that he was okay. To take his mind off the older boy, Kiseop entered the living room and the tv. He really wished that he had not done so.

 

The latest update in the news was a car crash that had taken place on November 7th, which was today, at 6:30 PM. A stop sign had been knocked over, most likely due from a careless driver, and a tractor trailer happened to crash into a metallic-red Camry, year 2011. The force from the hit caused the tractor to tip over and fall onto the front half of the Camry. All that remained of the owner of the Camry and his vehicle were debris.

 

Soohyun was not coming home that night.

 

 

 

End

 

_________________________________________________________

 

A/N: I hate this one so much. TT^TT Do you know how hard it was for me to write the car crash scene? It !! I couldn't figure out how to write it to save my life! So forgive me of this entire failure of a one-shot. I tried, I really did. And I tried to not make this a cliché, but It's a cliché. T^T Whatever, everything's a cliché, if you think about it.

 

Well, here's this thing. But at least it's over 300 words! :D Please stay tuned for the next one. ^^