Lee Zoe X Lee Donghae

Valentine's Day

Zoe was just a normal girl working a part time job to raise money for college. All that was on her mind was to go to college and get passed the year’s then start her career as a children’s doctor.

“Here you are. One grande caramel macchito.” Zoe set the cup in front of the ajumma while smiling.

“Komawo.” The ajumma replied smiling while looking at the beautiful design made with the whip cream.

“If you need anything else, just call.” Zoe smiled then walked back to the counter.

She looked up at the clock. Her shift was over.

She cleaned up a little bit then removed her apron. “MinAh! My shift is over so I’m taking off now. Try not to burn the place down.” Zoe yelled into the back where her co-worker was.

“Arrasso. See you tomorrow!” A voice called from the back.

Zoe smiled and grabbed her purse, and then walked out of the café.

As she walked out of the door, she was bumped by another person who happened to be walking by. She landed on the ground and dropped her purse. She looked over to see a pair of headphones next to her spilled out purse.

“Ah! Jwesonghamnida! I should have watched where I was going.” The guy tried to apologize and help clean up the mess.

“Aniyo, it was my fault.” They both picked things up and placed them in her purse. Both of their hands landed on the last item. Zoe’s hand was on top of his.

They both looked up finally seeing what the other looked like. The guy’s heart started racing when he saw her. “M-My name is Donghae. Lee Donghae.” He said handing her the last item.

“Nice to meet you. I’m Lee Zoe.” She held out her free hand.

He took her hand and they both bowed slightly.

“Do you come here often?” Donghae asked her while she tried to organize the mess in her purse.

“Uh, neh. I work here.” Zoe replied focused on her purse.

“Ah,  Chongmallyo?” He asked surprised.

She looked up at him briefly. “Neh. Jwesonghamnida but I have to go.” Zoe bowed and started walking away.

“Oh, see you around then.” Donghae said, but Zoe was too far away to hear.

 

The next day around 5:00am, Zoe unlocks the café entrance and walks in. She finds her way to the back and turns on all the lights to the café. She goes and ties her apron around her then gets busy.

First she starts warming up the oven and then throws a bunch of ingredients together and puts them in the oven for a while. Before the café opens, she makes multiple different kinds of candies and pastries then sets them in the display case. When she’s done, she looks at the clock.

Seven on the dot. Time to open up shop.

She goes and unlocks the café doors and turns the sign to say open.

The early crowd doesn’t usually get in until 7:30 to 8:00 am, so she had a little time on her hands.

She went into the back and started cleaning up the mess she made. Then she went around and swept and cleaned the tables and chairs. While she was busy cleaning, the bell rang signaling that the front door opened and there was a customer here. She looked up and greeted the person.

“Hwanyonghamnida.” Zoe bowed. The person sat down and Zoe took his order. The early crowd has started.

After a couple hours had passed, MinAh came in for her shift so Zoe wasn’t as lonely anymore. When things died down again, Zoe looked at the clock to see what time it was. 12:05pm.

“MinAh, my shift is over so I’m going now. See you tomorrow.” Zoe untied her apron and started walking out after she grabbed her purse. Before she got to the door and guy walked up to her.

“Excuse me Miss. Can I order something?” He asked. Zoe looked to see it was that guy she bumped into yesterday. What was his name again? Dong… Dong… Oh! Donghae!

“Ah, Annyeong Haseyo, Donghae-ssi.” Zoe bowed.

“Annyeong Haseyo.” He bowed back.

“Jwesonghamnida, but my shift just ended and I have to get going.” Zoe bowed again and walked past him.

Donghae stood there disappointed. “Can I get you something?” He turned around to find Zoe’s co-worker, MinAh, standing there.

“Yeah, can I get one of those?” He asked pointing to a specific pastry through the glass. MinAh got one out and wrapped it. Donghae paid for it and took a bite out of it. He was still looking at the door where Zoe exited.

“Do you know Zoe?” MinAh asked Donghae.

Donghae turned his head back to her not realizing what he was doing until she started talking to him. “Ah, aniyo, we just met yesterday. Well… I knocked into her on the sidewalk.” Donghae scratched the back of his head slightly embarrassed by his actions.

MinAh giggled at him. “You seem to like her.” She pointed out.

“Mwoyo? Aniyo. I just… think she’s pretty. Though, it seems that she doesn’t find interest in me at all.” Donghae propped his head on his hand leaning on the counter.

MinAh went down to his level. “Well, you are a stranger to her, and plus she has to leave here quickly or she’ll be late for her college classes.”

“I see.” Donghae turned his head and looked at the door again as if she was standing there.

“But, you are also a complete stranger to me, and I won’t let my best friend get close to anyone I don’t know.” MinAh took a cloth and wiped the counter.

“Ah, Jwesonghamnida. My name is Lee Donghae.” Donghae stood up and introduced himself.

“Annyeong Haseyo, Donghae-ssi, My name is Kim MinAh.” MinAh smiled at him.

“Nice to meet you.”

“Excuse me.” A customer called. MinAh went over and quickly met the need then returned to talk with Donghae.

“So, what’s with the headphones?” MinAh asked looking at the pair of headphones around his neck.

Donghae removed the headphones and looked at them. “Ah, well, I’m majoring in music. It’s my passion.” Donghae smiled.

“Ah, Chongmallyo? Zoe’s life is music.” MinAh stated laughing slightly.

“Chongmallyo? That’s awesome! We have something in common.” Donghae’s expression brightened up.

“So, do you sing, dance, play an instrument?” MinAh finished wiping the counters and leaned on the newly cleaned counters.

“Uh… All the above.” Donghae smiled humbly.

“Ah, That’s amazing.” MinAh was surprised. “Do you write your own songs too?”

Donghae nodded.

“Wow, that’s so cool! Can I hear one of them?” MinAh asked excitedly.

“Uh, sure.” Donghae removed his headphones and handed them to MinAh. She placed them on her head and Donghae went through his song list and played one of his songs making sure to be careful about the volume.

MinAh was listening to the song and when it ended she took off the headphones and handed them back to Donghae. “Daebak.” She smiled.

“Kamsahamnida.” He replied smiling shyly.

“Well, Zoe won’t be back until tomorrow. She works on week days from 5 to 12, and weekends are most of the day. So if you want to see her then come then.” MinAh smiled at him then attended some customers that called for her.

Donghae left the café smiling. Maybe Zoe will like his music?

 

The next day, Zoe arrived at her usual time and did her usual tasks of getting ready, and then she opened the café for that day. Earlier than usual, the bell to the door rang. She turned around and greeted the customer. Then she looked up to find Donghae standing there.

“Annyeong Haseyo.” He bowed.

“Annyeong Haseyo.”

Donghae walked up to the glass and pointed at the usual pastry he gets. “Can I get one of those?” He smiled at Zoe.

Zoe went behind the counter and got him one, he handed her the money for it, and then took a bite out of it. “Mmmm, they are a hundred times better in the morning. I’ll have to come earlier more often.”

Zoe giggled at his reaction. “I’m glad you like it.”

Donghae polished off his pastry and wiped his fingers before starting a conversation. “So, your co-worker, MinAh, told me that you like music.” Donghae stated.

Zoe wiped the counters. “Yeah, I love music.” She smiled.

“Well, I happen to be majoring in music.” Donghae was being a little proud with his self.

“Ah, chongmallyo? That’s cool.” Zoe didn’t seem interested which made Donghae worried.

“Uh… Do you want to hear one of my songs?” He asked quickly.

Zoe stopped wiping the counters for a second and looked at him. “Sure.” She said.

He handed her his headphones and played one of his songs. It was the same song that he played for MinAh yesterday.

After the song was over, Zoe handed him back the headphones. “Cool.” Was all she said.

Donghae was getting panicky. He was hoping for a better reaction. “Uh… I hear you take college classes after work. What are you majoring in?” He asked trying to kill the awkward silence between them.

“I’m hoping to become a children’s doctor. I love children and I want to help them.” Zoe told him with hope in her voice.

“Wow, pretty and caring.” Donghae said under his breath.

“Mwoyo?” Zoe asked not hearing what he said.

“Ah, nothing. That’s pretty amazing with your love for children. I want to have a child one day.” Donghae stated not thinking about what he said.

“That’s good for you.” Zoe stated focusing her attention on cleaning the already clean counters.

Donghae mentally slapped himself realizing what he just said. He thought for a moment. “Uh, what kind of music do you like?” Donghae asked trying to get the subject back to music.

“All kinds. As long as there isn’t any cussing in it.” Zoe pointed out that she hated cussing.

“I see.” Donghae decided he stalker her enough for today. “Well, I’ll see you around.”

“Oh, Annyeonghi Kaseyo.” She bowed.

 

Over the next month or so, Donghae kept visiting Zoe while she was at work. Slowly they got closer to each other to the point where they swapped numbers and hung out together if they had free time. Zoe even taught Donghae how to make his favorite pastry. No matter how many times he tried, he always would do something to mess it up. Zoe would try and correct him, but instead, this time he decided to take advantage of the situation.

Donghae grabbed her hand and pulled her so that now she was tapped in his arms.

“D-donghae, what are you doing?” Zoe asked slightly flustered from the sudden change in position.

Donghae rested his head on her shoulder. “Zoe, I know we haven’t known each other for that long, but… from the first moment I saw you, after I stupidly bumped into you, my life has been happier. You make me happy Zoe and I want you to know how I feel about you.”

Zoe was speechless at this confession. “Uh… I’m not sure what to say.”

“I understand if you don’t feel the same way, but I wanted you to know how I felt and…”

Donghae was cut off by the kiss Zoe placed on his lips. After a moment or two, they broke the kiss. “Well, I have to admit, at first I thought you were a crazy stalker; but now I see that you are more than that.”

“Gee thanks.” Donghae stated teasingly.

“Aniyo, that’s not what I meant, I meant that…” This time Zoe was cut off by Donghae.

He broke the kiss long enough to say, “You talk too much.” Then he continued the kiss.

“Hey, Zoe, do you know where the…” MinAh walked in to find Zoe and Donghae kissing. “Oh… I… Mianheyo, didn’t mean to interrupt anything.” MinAh apologized.

“What are you doing here this early?” Zoe asked.

“It’s my day to open, but I see that it’s already taken care of so I’ll come back around my normal time.” MinAh quickly backed out of the kitchen and left.

Donghae and Zoe then looked at each other. Donghae quickly backed away and cleared his throat. Zoe dusted herself off. “Uh… well, I guess I should be going now.” Donghae stated.

“Where are you going?” Zoe asked curiously.

“I’m graduating today. I’m going to become a celebrity.” Donghae smiled.

“Well, as long as you make time to come visit. I’ll support you.” Zoe smiled slightly sad from him leaving.

Donghae pecked her on the lips. “Of course I’ll make time.” Then he walked out of the door leaving Zoe covered in flour and smiling sadly.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Silverwolfx2: *hides quickly behind strong barrier* Don't kill me!!!

Zoe: Yah! What is this?!

Donghae: I liked the story.

Chola: Chola approves! (I hope xD)

Nata: *laughs evily*

Siwon: Well, I would be jealous, but I have Natalie...

Natalie: Yay!