Session 6: In which Nayeon becomes a charming worm

TWICE plays Dungeons and Dragons

“Alright.” Jeongyeon finished writing down the extensive initiative order, cursing herself for putting over five enemies in the game. “You guys have surprise. Nayeon, you’re first.”

“Well, that would be nice,” the older girl said. “But my arms are tied.”

“You can try to wriggle free.”

“Do I have my stuff on me?”

“They’re with those idiots.”

“Hey!” Chaeyoung pouted.

“Right.” Nayeon sighed. “When you said I was going to join, I was hoping to be in something more extravagant.”

“So?”

“I roll myself to the big goblin to get his attention.”

Jeongyeon scrunched up her nose and looked to Nayeon, trying to make herself look like a  feral beast. She tried to growl in confusion, but it ended up sounding like she’s trying to clear . Mina and Chaeyoung laughed at the display.

“Alright, you got his attention,” Jeongyeon said, returning herself to normal, if a bit prouder than before. “What do you-?”
“I charm it with my Hypnotic Gaze!” Nayeon bounced her eyebrows as she smirked and leaned into Jeongyeon, biting her bottom lip on the way. “I do it like this.”

“Alright…” Jeongyeon felt slightly disturbed as she grabbed her twenty-sided dice and looked over to Nayeon’s sheet. “I roll right? So I have to meet…”

The dice landed on a “10”.

“Yeah, he’s charmed by you.” Jeongyeon looked up from the dice to briefly meet with Nayeon’s eyes before looking away with a giggle. “You can stop now.”

“I can’t,” Nayeon said with a wide smile as she kept wildly moving her eyebrows. “I love doing this.”

“Chaeyoung!” Jeongyeon yelled. “Your turn!”

“From Taco’s sneaky corner,” the rogue said with a husky voice. “She fires another arrow, but this time at one of the goblins on the ramp to Nayeon’s character.”

Chaeyoung rolled and hissed.

“Does a 13 hit…?”

“Just barely.”

Chaeyoung cheered before repeating the process from before.

“Wait, she can do that again?!” Mina looked jealous. “How many times can she do that?”

“Uh, she can do sneak attacks as long as she has advantage on enemies,” Jeongyeon said. “And since she’s an assassin, and the other goblins haven’t taken a turn in combat yet, she can do a sneak attack, and if she hits it’s a critical-”

“Twenty-five again!” Chaeyoung started laughing in excitement. “I forgot to add a dice from last time, since criticals DOUBLE ALL OF THE DICE I CAN ROLL!”

“What?!” Tzuyu slammed her hands on the table. “Okay, NOW that’s not fair!”

“Shut it!” Chaeyoung grinned widely at the youngest member. “You get your smites!”

“He’s dead!” Jeongyeon yelled and crossed out the goblin from her initiative list before it got worse. “He got his skull crushed by the arrow. Mina, your turn!”

“Wait! I use my Cunning Action to Hide behind the wall as a Bonus Action!”

“Alright, roll with dexterity.”

“...Eleven.”

“You try to hide, but dropped a dagger, making noise to your location.”

“Drat!”

“Okay, Mina. Now you can go!”

Mina sighed before moving her coin to one of the orange seeds ahead of her.

“I attack him with my spear, two-handed.” Mina rolled her dice quickly before sighing and slumping her head. “It’s a ten total…”

“You stab with your spear, but you miss.” Jeongyeon narrated. “Do you have anything else you want to do? You have a bonus action.”

Mina scanned through her spell sheet before her eyes landed on an interesting one.

“I cast Spiritual Weapon.” Mina quickly grabbed the Player’s Handbook and quickly opened the page to the spell, before slowly smiling. “Yeah, I cast Spiritual Weapon.”

“Whooosh.” Jeongyeon did some mystical hand movements. “A magic… uh…”

“Katana!” Mina softly slammed a fist onto the table. “With silver-blue light!”

“A katana magically appeared into existence beside you.” Jeongyeon looked around before placing an earring beside the coin. “It floats menacingly, pointing at the goblin in front of you.”

“This is part of my bonus action by the way,” Mina said as she crossed her arms and straightened her back with a satisfied smile. “I send the katana to attack the goblin!”

“Make an attack roll,” Jeongyeon said as she picked up the Player’s Handbook to read the spell. “Oh, God…”

“...2.”

“Missed.” Jeongyeon placed the book back at the table in front of a pouting Mina. “Tzuyu, your go.”

“Finally,” Tzuyu mumbled as she looked down at the “1” shining up from her dice. “I run up to the goblin beside the one Mina’s attacking and slice it normally.”

Tzuyu moved her coin up to the other orange seed and rolled…

“Natural Twenty!”

“That’s a critical!” Jeongyeon took the orange seed from the battle map, much to everyone’s confusion. “I’ll save you time from rolling more because even if you rolled ones, you would have killed it anyway.”

“Sweet,” Tzuyu sang as she moved her coin. “I move forward a bit more and end my turn!”

“Well, this is all going well,” Nayeon said. “So I guess it’s the goblins turn or…”

“Well, you get to go again since you rolled higher than everyone,” Jeongyeon explained. “And you just took a surprise round, where none of the enemies had a turn.”

“Aw yeah!” Nayeon raised from her seat in excitement but slumped down suddenly. “But I’m still tied up…”

Nayeon scowled to the younger members.

“Y’all better rescue me from this guy!” Nayeon ordered. “Because I have the money you came for!”

“That’s the plan,” Mina said with raised hands. “We’ll save you.”

“You better, my heroes!” Mina sat back down on her with a pout. “I extend my Hypnotic Gaze!”

Jeongyeon rolled and winced.

“...Natural one.”

“Woohoo!” Nayeon walked over to give Jeongyeon a hug. “You are utterly smitten by my charms.”

Jeongyeon regretted the conditions of her deal. She groaned, but Nayeon didn’t let go. In fact, the older girl leaned into the Dungeon Master’s ear.

“I’m taking my sweet five minutes.”

Jeongyeon breathed deeply before reading her initiative list.

“This goblin moves towards Nayeon!” Jeongyeon moved one of the orange seeds on the lower edge of the ramp up along it and moved the orange seed next to it towards the intruders. “And this one goes to help his friends! Chaeyoung!”

“I snipe the big guy!” Chaeyoung picked up her dice. “And since he’s pretty much distracted by Mina, I get advantage, right?”

“Not even that,” Jeongyeon said. “Since Mina is within 5 feet of the guy, you can do a sneak attack.”

“Yeah, but. Advantage.”

“Uh…”

“Advantage, unnie.”

“Well…”

“Advantage,” Chaeyoung hissed.

“Fine.” Jeongyeon pushed Nayeon off. “Okay, five minutes are up, and Chaeyoung, roll to attack with advantage.”

“Okay.” Nayeon moved back to her spot. “It was worth seeing you squirm.”

Chaeyoung rolled once.

A “6”.

Chaeyoung rolled twice.

She grinned.

“No way.” Tzuyu grinned with Chaeyoung. “Welcome to the Natural Twenty Club!”