Placing The Spy

COMPLEX PSYCHO

 

 


A knock on his the door to his own office had him excuse himself from his patient. Upon opening the door, Hyukjae almost shrieking when Donghae pull him out towards a male restroom.

“Yah! I have patient right now!” shouts Hyukjae in anger, pulls back his hands from Donghae’s grasp.

“Stop shouting. I had something to ask your favor.” said Donghae. ‘Cute’ thought Donghae as he watch the pouting doctor but soon shaking his head from the weird thought he had. ‘The hell… I’m straight…’

“What was it. Can you just make a appointment beforehand or even call me first.” said Hyukjae in irritation.

“Well. First. I don’t have time aside from saying it now. Second, I don’t have your number. I mean your personal one. Now listen. Where do you live?”

Hearing the secretary words, Hyukjae shuddering from the creepy way Donghae put out the word. Taking a few step back while muttering ert.

“Yah! I’m not a ert! It’s Yesung hyung who ask for your favour. Now answer me! Was it far from here or what?” Donghae protest after realizing the change in the doctor face.

“Why wouldn’t I thought that way if you had that weird expression! I live quite far from here. At the W apartment. Why did Yesung ssi ask for it? Seems suspicious.”

“Well that’s great then. Want a free house?” said Donghae with satisfying smiles.

“Free!? what!? did you guys kill someone and stole the house? Kim’s should be able to do it without getting into trou---”

‘Plak’

“Ow! Why did you hit me!?” Hyukjae whining while holding his bruised head.

“Even if the Kim’s are doing stuff like that, Yesung hyung are different. We’ll discuss this after you done with your shift. Give me your number.” said Donghae, hand out his phone for the doctor’s number.

Hyukjae timidly typing down his number, feeling uncomfortable having to deal with the Kim and Donghae.

“There. I got to go now.” said Hyukjae before leaving Donghae alone inside the restroom.

Donghae smiles as he saw the saved name inside his contact.

.
.
.

Suit with their deal, Hyukjae move to the house across Shindong’s on Yesung condition.

Hyukjae moving the last boxes of his belonging to the living room. Not much had been moved into the new house as Yesung promise of free stuff for him after the last meeting.

Flashback

After few days Donghae had the last conversation with him, Hyukjae finally had been notice by the man to meet them outside of the town to avoid from being seeing by Yesung’s parent.

He arrive to their meeting place and took a seat at the corner of the cafe. Feeling glad for not having to wait for too long when the two man finally show up 5 minutes late then the timed meeting.

“Sorry. Donghae got lost just now.” said Yesung, glaring at the younger for taking the wrong route just now.

“I already said sorry hyung. Hyukjae ssi, have you order yet?” said Donghae as he take a seat next to Yesung, across Hyukjae.

“Drop the ssi Donghae ah. I hate to be too formal outside the work field. I’m waiting for you guys. Let me call the waiter.”

After finishing with order, Donghae pull out few documents.

“Here. This is the house we talk about. It’s much more closer to your workplace and Yesung hyung promise to fill in the house with furniture for free. How’s that?” said Donghae.

“Wow… wait. What’s the catch? This sounds suspicious for some reason.” said Hyukjae, squinting his eyes curiously towards Yesung and Donghae.

“Well. Hear me out. You know how my parent send me to you to erase my memory right? But I know better it was for their own gains. I know I had siblings. And one of them live with someone across this house. I want you to be close with them. Be a good neighbour. Just that.” said Yesung pleadingly.

“Hemm. This sounded more like I need to get information from them about your brother… am I right?” said Hyukjae.

“Er…Yes.. I just wanna know how Henry been living all this time.” said Yesung timidly.

Their conversation were held up when a waitress came with their order.

“So. You really had brothers? Why did you parent want you to forget about them?” said Hyukjae curiously.

“That’s not for you to know. So you agreed with us?” said Donghae, knowing how the older become uncomfortable to bring up his family feud in front of Hyukjae.

“Fine.. where do I sign.” said Hyukjae, knowing thing won’t be done without paper.

“Good. Now, sign here. We already bought the house so you don’t have to worry about the rent. The furniture will be send tomorrow. You can move in right away.” said Donghae.

“Got it. So what do you guys want me to get from them?” said Hyukjae once he finish signing the paper.

“I want you to find out where Henry’s studying right now. I’m sure Shindong will send him to any campus since he just turn 18. and maybe,you can ask him about his sibling or something… I’m curious about him after… Anyway. Remember to report everything to me or I’ll kick you out from the property.” said Yesung sternly, glaring intimidatingly towards Hyukjae.

“What!? no fair!” said Hyukjae with a pout.

“Just kidding. I’m relying on you. And oh. Can you use fake name while living there? Just for them. I’m afraid if my parent know about this.” said  Yesung with a faint smile.

‘Tskk. Your look are not joking at all.’ thought Hyukjae in irritation. “Well I had other name that people always call me outside my work time. It’s Eunhyuk”

“Eun? Pfft” Donghae snickering from the name’s meaning.

“Yah! What is that so funny!?” Hyukjae kick the laughing Donghae from underneath the table.

“Ow. Nothing. Just.. silver? Hahaha.” said Donghae chuckling again.

“Whatever.”

Flashback off

‘This is tiring. I should get some rest after this.’ thought Hyukjae after finish sorting his stuff.

‘DingDing’

“A guest?” Hyukjae mutter to himself hearing the doorbell’s ringing

“Hello! I’m your neighbour! I live across your house and I saw you move bunch of stuff today so I decide to greet you! I thought you already move here few days ago? Was the stuff coming late? Did you come from faraway place?” said Ryeowook nonstop, earning a wide eyes from Hyukjae.

“Oh wow. That is one long question.” chuckles Hyukjae before letting the younger inside the house.

“Wow! Your house are so beautiful!” said Ryeowook in excitement.

Only then Hyukjae realize the decoration of the house. ‘Wow. Yesung hyung really an aesthetic lover’ thought him. The older had been the one who decorated the house before he moving in.

“Thanks. My name is Eunhyuk. You look younger so call me hyung then. As you said. My stuff just arrive here. I’ve been busy with work so only today I got to do the sorting things. What’s your name. Would you like some tea?”

“Ah no worries. I’ve came with this housewarming gift. Hope you don’t mind soups. My name is Kim Ryeowook. You can call me Wookie.” said Ryewook as he place a food container onto the table. “I’ve been trying to greet you the other day but you went out really fast. Everyday once I came back from classes, your house already darken.” said Ryeowook.

‘Did they come here everyday?’ thought Hyukjae with a snort. “Yeah. I got to busy and stay at my old house before the furniture came. So Wookie, did you live by yourself?”

“No. I live with my cousin, Shindong hyung and my friend.”

“Oh, why not invite them here next time. I would love to know them better.”

“Hem… it will be better if you come over to our house tonight. I’ll cook delicious food as a welcoming you to this neighbourhood.” Ryeowook smiles as he wait for the answer.

“Sure. I would love too if it’s not a burden for you.”

“Oh it’s not. Then I’ll go back first. Please come at 8 pm then. Bye hyung!” Ryeowook bid off and went home while skipping happily.

“What a happy kid…” Hyukjae muttered.

‘Wait. If he is Kim Ryeowook and his cousin is Shindong. His friend had to be Henry. Urgh. What am I doing to get involved with the Kim…’

.
.
.

Days had pass. Hyukjae manage to get close to Shindong and always been seen hanging at each other house. Being close friend with the them had him nostalgic. Years living by himself without friends had Hyukjae secretly thanking Yesung for giving him the task. As he had promised with Yesung, he had been reporting everything about Henry. Including the unpleasant one.

As usual, he will be meeting with Yesung and Donghae at their usual meeting spot.

Upon entering the cafe, he saw the two had already arrive there.

“Hey. Did I come too late?” said Hyukjae

“No. I had finish work too early. Come sit.” said Yesung with a soft smile.

It wasn’t a surprise for Hyukjae anymore to see the older smiling so warmly towards him. He had come to know the older really personality as time had pass.

“So. What’s the news?” said Yesung, anticipating the report about his little brother.

“You know how Henry are studying at S university?” said Hyukjae.

“Yes. And?” Yesung knew it after Hyukjae had text him from the first time he gain the information. He felt relief knowing Henry got the aimed University he been wanting to.

“Emmm.. hyung… I think Henry been bullied there… Ryeowook mention about the students there hate how popular Henry is with the girls and some even went as far as creating false rumor about him. He keep denying it but I did a bit persuading and he admit being called out by some seniors before. Do you think he will be okay?” said Hyukjae with genuine worried.

Donghae turn to look at the older after getting no respond from him. He almost gasp when he saw how darkened the older expression had become. Slowly he kick Hyukjae’s leg from the underneath the table, trying to ask the man to change the topic.

“Ah hyung! And one more thing! Henry said something about you!”

With that, he had Yesung attention one more time but the older’s look had him shivering.

“What was it?” said Yesung with cold tone.

“He miss you. Although he never mention your name, he always mention your older brother by name but every time I ask more about the person he’s been missing all this time, he avoid to say any names. He does said something about his hates on your parent.” said Hyukjae, trying to assure the older from fuming any longer.

“He did?”

‘Bipolar’ thought both Lee after the older showing a bright expression. A beautiful smile plastered on the older face as he look into Hyukjae’s eyes with hope.

“Yeah. I’m sure if you were to meet him, he will be grateful.”

“Urgh… now I feels like I’m not ready to meet him… what if he actually hates me? Or he told Heechul hyung and hyung will kill me…”

It wasn’t unknown to Yesung about Heechul watching over Henry from time to time. Although hyukjaae always avoid in mentioning how the older brother hates him to the guts, Yesung knew well the older’s thinking.

“Take your time hyung. I’ll try to ask him more about you next time.”

“Thank you Hyuk ah. I’m so lost without your help.” said Yesung with sparkling eyes toward Hyukjae while holding onto the younger’s hand warmly.

Hyukjae smiles sheepishly from the older antic. Gripping tighter onto the older’s hand in assuring way.

‘Clank!’

The tables were shaken from Donghae’s kicking Hyukjae’s leg in order to make him letting go of Yesung’s hand.

“What was that? Earthquake?” said Yesung in panic, looking around for other people.

Donghae smirking as he saw the annoyed Hyukjae. Another kick that had the table shakes one more time, Yesung begin to walk away from the able but Donghae was quick to pull him down to his seat again.

“Don’t worry hyung. It’s just my leg. I’m getting cramp.” said Donghae in grimacing. Hyukjae had kick his soft bone too hard to the point he can’t even get mad for doing it first to Hyukjae.

“Oh… you should say so.” Yesung sighing in relief.

‘Serve you right. Jealous much.’ thought Hyukjae in annoyed.

‘Damn you anchovy!’ Donghae cursing towards the man seated across him while rubbing his bruised leg.

“We should go now. I had to meet my parent tonight…” said Yesung with a sigh.

Donghae pat the older softly. Feeling bad for Yesung to face his worst nightmare.

“Just for dinner right? You’ll be fine. Remember to act oblivious about your siblings or they will be sending you to Hyukjae more after this.” said Donghae.

Yesung nod in defeat. Having to meet his parent after awhile put him in confusing situation. He had tried to avoid any meeting that had his father but when it come to family’s dinner, he’ll meekly obeyed to his parent’s invitation.

“Then, we’ll take our leave then. See you next time Hyuk ah.”said Yesung.

“Sure hyung. Bye fish.” said Hyukjae with a smirk.

“What!?” Donghae was about to turn back to Hyukjae when Yesung pull him out to the car, leaving Hyukjae to grin in victory.

“Aish Hyung. That anchovy are too much!” said Donghae once he was in the driver seat.

“Why you call him that? He’s nice.” said Yesung clueless.

“Nice? Argh you too naive!” said Donghae with a snort.

“Am not…. Hae. Were S university far from our company?” said Yesung.

“Not really. 15 minutes drives, I think. Why?” said Donghae,w atching the older from the rear view mirror.

“Nothing.”

“Hyung. What are you planning?” said Donghae sternly.

“Nothing for you to worry about.” said Yesung expressionless.

“Don’t do anything stupid, okay?” Donghae said with warning tone. Not wanting the older to get into trouble for his hasty act.

“Don’t worry about it.”
Donghae sigh. Not knowing what the older meant by his question. He can only hope for the better.

.
.
.

Kim’s main house.

In the middle of the dining room, a family of 3 can be seen eating their food in silent. Spoon and fork clinking on the plate without any other noises. 

Feeling the atmosphere were too awkward, Yesung’s mother, Yoojin scooting near Yesung a little.

“Here. Eat more. You look so thin.” said Yoojin with a warm smiles.

Yesung only nod. Reminded by Donghae’s word about his mother appearance.

‘She does look thin…’ thought Yesung worriedly. Taking a few dishes, he slid it in his mother’s plate.

“You look thin too… eat more.. eomma.” said Yesung softly yet with expressionless face.

Feeling touched by her son’s act, she smiles brightly while obediently eat her food. Upon seeing his wife eating her meals much more better than the night before, Jaeun only smiles as he continue with his own meals in silent. Silently thanking his son for making his wife a bit brighter than the gloomy one. He knows well how Yesung had change over the past few months but seeing those little interaction between the mother and the son had him relief from the doubt.

 

“Yesungie. How’s the work?” said him, trying to start a small conversation with his son.

“Just fine.”

The short reply had Jaeun rethinking his whole doing. ‘Are you?’ thought Jaeun sheepishly.

“I’m done with my meals. Can I go home? I had few paperwork that need to be done by tomorrow.” said Yesung, still expressionless. Thou his mind are full of distraught thinking about his parent, he tried to hide it by showing nothing. Not wanting to make the two elder suspicious.

“Ah really? You still had more on your plates. Want me to pack some for you to bring home?” said Yoojin with sad expression. She cursing from the inside for the short dinner time. It was the only time he can meet her son and yet it was full of awkward silent.

“No. I don’t have time to re-heat it back. I’ll go now.” said Yesung as he fetch his coat from the maid who bring it for him.

“Yesungie.” said Jaeun before Yesung had the time to take off.

“Yes?”

“Tomorrow. Come to my office. We will go for lunch together. No excuse.” said Jaeun sternly.

Yesung threw away his look before replying to his father. “I’ll see what I can do. I’ll take my leave then.”

Jaeun sigh. Watching as his son disappear into the corridor.

“Yeobo… are we doing the right thing?” said Yoojin full of worries.

“It’s okay. He become like that from the therapy. He never mention about them again, right?”

“Em. He never ask about Henry or Heechul anymore… but I’m afraid Heechul will come back and stir everything we had done for Yesungie…” Yoojin begin to turn paranoid about the whole thing.

“No. He will not. I will never let him do that. After your parent death, no one ever saw him. So we can just pray for him to vanish or even die. It’s better than humiliating our name.”

“Yeobo. Heechul still our son….”

“He’s not. He’s the abomination to this family. And with Henry death, we only had Yesung now.”

Yoojin lowering her head down. Feeling bad for her sons’ misfortune. Had she not being homophobic to them, they were still around. Living happily despite their imperfection.

“Yoojin ah. This is for the better. We can’t let our heritage die just because our sons can’t continue our bloodline. We can only depends on Yesung.” Jaeun cupping his wife’s small face. The cheeks sunken way too much from the depression.

“But… Yesung.. he doesn’t look happy at all. He’s suffering. Maybe we should--”

“No. We will not let him go. He just too naive to control himself. As his dad, I’ll never let him stray form his path. Once I let him take over my chair, he will be happy. Understand?”

“Will he?” Yoojin ask with glistening eyes. Lips quivering from bitng back her sobbing.

“He will. I’ll make sure of that.”

Unknown to them, Yesung were leaning towards the corridor walls. Tears stricken down from his pale face. He heard it all. The thought of coming back to ask something about work to his father had been throw away after he accidentally eavesdropping the conversation.

‘Why…’ thought him as he begin to walk away towards the front door. Leaving the two parent assuring each other with empty promise.

“I will never forgive you guys… Never!” shouts Yesung after he enter his car. Hitting the innocent steering wheels just to leash his frustration he had on his parent.

“Why thing become this way?” said him in between his sobbing. Body’s shaking from the shock he had. 

He begin to drive for few minutes before he knows he can’t continue it anymore. He manage to get away from the road and stopping at a empty parking lot. 

With shaking hand, he take out his phone and dial his savior’s number.

“Hello.. Hae? Can… can you help me?”

“Hyung? Are you crying?”

“No… but.. can you please come to me? I’ll send my location… please come sooner... I had my car so come here with a taxi…”

“Hyung? You sound weird. Just wait till I come okay?”

It’s took Donghae 15 minutes to reach his destination. After paying the driver, he approach the lone car at the stranded parking lot. He saw the older hunch forward in the driver’s seat. Clutching onto the steering while body shuddering once in awhile.

A few knock had the older look up and unlocking the door.

“Hyung…” said Donghae softly as the older staggeringly walk out.

“Can you drive…” said Yesung softly with head hangs low.

“Okay. I’ll get you to your seat.” Donghae lead the older to the seat next to the driver. It was their rule for the older to seat next to him out from the working time just to bond. Being used to it, Donghae settle the shaking older into his seat.

Once he went tot he driver seat, Donghae studying the older intensely.

“What happen?”

Yesung only shake his head, biting his lower lips from sobbing out. Seeing the older’s bad habit, Donghae tugging Yesung’s chin softly and wipe his finger across his lower lips.

“Don’t do that. Now tell me. Something happen at the dinner? You know you can trust me, eoh?”

It took his loving stares and a gentle smiles to lead the older into bawling fit.

“They.. they admit in trying to control me… appa said he will do anything.. t--to separate me from my s-siblings… I hate them.. Hae ah… I hate them…” stuttered Yesung in his sobbing. Crying harder as Donghae pulls him into a hug.

“They told you that?”

“No… I h-heard them… evil.. they were the real demon… I hate them… Hae..”

“Shh… it’s okay. They will got the karma they deserve… it’s okay. I won’t let things happen to you anymore..” said Donghae while caressing the older’s back softly nonstop. It’s hurt for him to see the older that broken. Let alone when it was the older’s own parent who makes him into this state.

“Now. I’ll bring you back to my house and make you some drink. You can sleep for now.” he push the older to lean on the seats. Helping the older to wear his seatbelt while fetching a coat form the backseats and put it on the older shivering body.

“I don’t wanna sleep…” said Yesung but it came out more like a whining to Donghae.

Silently Donghae coos on the cute pout the older had. Gulping as he look at the puffy eyes Yesung who look lost after the crying fit. Face red from the ears to his cheeks. Lips pouting as he turn into a sulking mood. ‘. He look…Aish… he’s your boss…’ Donghae shook his vigorously, trying to shake the bad thought.

“Okay. Now let’s go.” said him as he drove away from the lone road into his destination.

 

 

A/N: I'm lol-ing at Donghae's role in this chapter XD. Anyway, angsty af right? Buckle up then XD