crush

beaten up

chapter eight: crush

 

nayeon was craving milk tea so they went out of the university to buy one. good thing their next class was still an hour away.

"why don't you wanna be friends with him?" nayeon asked after sipping her brown sugar milk tea.

"theory of relativity," jeongyeon lazily mumbled while munching her tapioca balls.

"i'm sorry. what?" nayeon furrowed her brows. she wasn't really familiar with scientific things. jeongyeon only rolled her eyes at her. "oh my gosh! don't tell me you're attracted to him?"

"what the hell?!" jeongyeon immediately shook her head. pictures of jimin in topless and in jeju flashed on her mind. she wanted to curse.

jeongyeon thought about it, and she arrived in this conclusion. yep! she hates to admit it, but she has an undeniably crush on park jimin.

it took her days to figure out. she even searched things on the internet to satisfy her curiosities. when she read articles and stuff, she confirmed it unwillingly.

thinking about it makes me sick.

nayeon looked at her with detective-like eyes while sipping her milk tea. "defensive? maybe you saw him--"

"stop," nayeon chuckled when she saw jeongyeon's blush stained face.

"how i waited for this moment to come!" nayeon exclaimed, forming conclusions on her head. "jeongyeon has a crush!"

"geez, nayeon. shut up!" jeongyeon looked around the store and saw that the people are looking at them.

"you don't have to deny it, girl." nayeon cheekily said. "i won't tell anyone!" she then raised her hand,sign of promising.

"i don't believe you," jeongyeon shook her head. she knows her friend very well. she rolled her eyes. "anyway, i think this crush thing will fade eventually."

"hmm?" nayeon raised a brow. "how come?"

"sungyeon made me read an article on how to uncrush your crush," she mumbled, eyes sparkling with hope. "if i follow those steps, i'm gonna be jimin-free."

"where's the thrill in that?" nayeon scoffed, finding the idea corny. "spice up your life, sis! it's your last year in college!"

"i can date after having a permanent job, nayeon. love can wait." jeongyeon deadpanned. her goal-oriented views striking. "if a guy loves me, he'll wait."

nayeon sighed, giving up. "okay. i won't stop you."

"thanks," jeongyeon smiled.

"good luck though," nayeon eyed her seriously. "the more you avoid, the more you'll fall."

jeongyeon sighed in relief when her classes ended for the day. tuesday is the only day where she doesn't have a class together with jimin.

she fished her pocket for her phone when she remembered jeonghan. he promised to do anything to make it up for her.

she's planning to swing by the mall to buy books and stuffs.

the girls decided to cancel their hang outs at sungyeon's ice cream parlor since finals were just around the corner.

"hello?" jeonghan asked on the other line.

"where are you?" she asked as she took a seat in the bench infront of the arts and science building. "come with me to the mall."

"huh? now?"

"yeah. faster. i'm infront of asd." she quickly said and ended the call.

her phone beeped for a text.

jeonghan the ugly boy next door:

you're lucky my last prof is absent

jeongyeon smirked and replied a teasing emoji. she closed her phone and waited for him.

"what are you going to do at the mall?" jeonghan said when he saw her by the bench kicking some stones.

"i'm going to buy clothes and school stuffs so i'll be needing a chaperone." jeongyeon stood and pulled jeonghan's arm, leading him outside the campus.

"wow! so i'm you helper now?" jeonghan scoffed in disbelief, trying to free himself from her tight grasp. "ouch!" he yelped when jeongyeon pinched his ear.

"you said you'd do anything for me!" jeongyeon slapped his shoulder and let go of him. "fine." she started to walk towards the gate, leaving him alone.

she heard jeonghan groan and his nearing footsteps. she can't help but to smirk. she smiled cutely at him and to the body guard.

"why is it so hard to resist you?" jeonghan growled after bidding his goodbye to the body guard.

"it has been like that ever since, duh," jeongyeon rolled her eyes and clung onto jeonghan's arm while walking to the bus stop.

"vernon was such an awhile ago!" jeonghan spat out after jeongyeon mentioned something about quizzes. "his noisy got me buffing on our quiz in thermodynamics!"

"aren't you friends with him?" jeongyeon asked. her eyes lit up when she saw the bus. "jihyo told me that you've been hanging out with him."

"yes, i am." jeonghan rubbed his neck while smiling cheekily. "when you're not around, i'm with vernon and the others."

"that's actually nice," she smiled when jeonghan motioned his hand for her to get in the bus first.

after tapping their beep cards, she searched for some seats but couldn't find one.

"jeongyeon!" she whipped her head to the side and saw that he found one. "here!"

"oh, thanks." jeongyeon gave him a small smile and sat on the seat. jeonghan placed his hand on the back rest of her seat. his other hand on the steel railing above.

the whole ride was fun. thanks for jeonghan's goofiness. they were walking when jeongyeon saw a familiar figure walking outside a café. the two stopped on their tracks and watched.

"isn't that nayeon?" jeonghan, who also seemed to notice the girl. his eyes widened when he saw a guy following nayeon from behind. "huh?"

"who's that?" jeongyeon whispered to herself. she wasn't sure because of the many guys nayeon kept on talking about.

"a boyfriend? suitor?" jeonghan seconded. "do you know him?"

"no..." she bit her lips. jeongyeon doesn't know since she tend to focus more on studying.

"aren't we going to follow her?" jeonghan asked since they were still standing, watching nayeon rode a bus.

she shook her head and grabbed jeonghan's arm. she decided to talk to nayeon later.

"i'll talk to her later. let's go!" she led him inside the mall.

"don't buy the whole mall, please," jeonghan pleaded when he saw jeongyeon's eyes on the beautiful clothes worn by the mannequins. "i wanna study later, so don't exhaust me."

jeongyeon glared at him. "i'm not a fashionista, so you don't have to worry." she winked at him.

she dragged him inside the bookstore and made him push the cart. he watched her scanning through the shelves. she picked books, papers, pens, sticky notes and such.

"wow, looks like these stuffs are good for a month." jeonghan mumbled in awe when jeongyeon placed fourteen rainbow-colored sticky notes

"yeah," jeongyeon nodded and picked another brand of sticky notes.

"jeongyeon?" jeonghan called her in the midst of searching for new pens.

"hmm?" she nodded her head, motioning him to continue.

"jimin asked you awhile ago," jeonghan carefully said, gauging her reaction.

"huh?" jeongyeon froze, but continued walking towards the next shelf. "h-he did?"

what's he up to again?

"yes," jeonghan noticed her uneasiness but when he blinked, jeongyeon just shrugged casually. "it was surprising, though."

"why did you say so?" jeongyeon tried her best hiding the uneasiness on her tone, and fortunately, she did.

"he went to me. one thing he doesn't usually do." jeonghan said while reminiscing how jimin approached him awhile ago in the hallway. "but anyway, i told him you're doing fine."

"next time, just ignore him." jeongyeon plainly said and went to the cashier.

"o…kay?"

"promise me you'll do that," jeongyeon eyed her bestfriend. when he smiled at her, she turned to the counter to pay for the things she bought.

jeonghan stared at jeongyeon for a brief moment. he has a hunch, but guessed that it was so close to impossible.

jeongyeon never really liked the prospect of dating, as far as jeonghan can remember.

"here you go, ma'am," said the lady on counter. jeonghan smiled at the lady and politely nodded when he took the 
paper bags.

"thank you," jeongyeon smiled at the cashier before following jeonghan out.

"where are we next?" jeonghan asked as soon as jeongyeon clung one of her arms around his neck.

"i'm gonna buy clothes, let's go!"

"what's the occasion?" he asked when they entered a store. while jeongyeon was scanning for some clothes, he sat on the couch outside the fitting room.

"i'll be needing more suitable clothes for the practicum," jeongyeon answered as she picked one turtle neck long sleeve.

"you're kind of excited, aren't you?" jeonghan asked while watching her look for decent slacks and pencil skirts. "you still got a month and a half, and also, the semestral break."

"i'll be busy next days, jeonghan. we have to start our paper next week." she answered and picked a dark blue suit with a partnered slack and inner loose shirt. she showed it to jeonghan. he nodded. jeongyeon placed it on her arm, together with the long sleeves, skirts and slacks she chose.

"also, we're planning a week long trip during the semestral break."

"a trip? with who?" jeonghan stood beside her to help her carry her clothes.

"oh, thanks. the girls wanted to unwind."

"really?"

"you wanna come?" jeongyeon asked while walking towards the rack of comfortable clothes.

"i don't think so," jeonghan chuckled nervously. the thought of joining six girls in a trip was enough to make it awkward.

"you don't have to feel awkward, though. yoongi and hanbin's probably coming too." jeongyeon mindlessly mumbled. although the thought that they'll be having four lovebirds was kind of corny, she shrugged it off.

"who's yoongi and hanbin?" jeonghan asked as he held the two sweaters given by her.

"seulgi and jennie's boyfriends. though, sooyoung would always rant about the two boasting about their love lifes, i'm sure she still wants her friends to have fun."

"right," jeonghan agreed and sighed in relief when he saw jeongyeon carrying four tank tops.

"let's go," they went to the counter and jeongyeon paid for it.

"i'm so hungry. what do you want to eat?" jeongyeon asked as soon as they went out of the stores. she helped him carry some paper bags.

"follow me," jeonghan searched for his favorite snack bar. he made jeongyeon sit on one of the four-seater table.

after placing all of the paper bags on the vacant seats, jeongyeon stood to look at the menu.

"what do you want? it's my treat!" jeongyeon cheerfully smiled but jeonghan shook his head. "huh?"

"i'll pay," jeonghan said and looked at the menu. "what's yours?"

"i didn't know that this day would come," jeongyeon chuckled. jeonghan wasn't really generous back in the days. "i'd like the subway club
no onions please. and hash browns too."

"drinks?"

"water. thanks," she happily smiled at him before going back to her seat.

jeongyeon played on her phone while waiting for jeonghan.

a notification popped up from instagram. she scrunched her nose when she saw a familliar name requesting to follow her.

jimin_ wants to follow you.

jeongyeon creased a brow. she's not really active on social networking sites whenever the school year starts.

she clicked the icon and it showed jimin's feed.

jimin_ 
9 posts. 10.3k followers. 17 following.

she scanned the few posts jimin had. it were all taken outside of the country.

she clicked one photo wherein jimin is in japan, in the middle of the cherry blossom trees. he was looking up and has his eyes closed, and a small smile was painted on his face.

she swiped the next photo and it showed the busy streets of shibuya. he was standing in the middle and his serious piercing eyes looked so handsome on him.

jeongyeon rolled her eyes, despite her wildly beating heart. this is so not healthy.

the next photo was jimin and sooyoung eating in a restaurant. sooyoung was smiling sweetly while jimin was sporting his fierce look.

the last photo was taken at the same background. jimin was now glaring at his sister while sooyoung had her tongue stucked out.

cute. she smiled.

"who are you texting?"

jeongyeon felt her heart jump when jeonghan placed the tray with four sandwiches, two waters, and two hashbrowns infront of her.

"n-nothing!" jeongyeon immediately locked her phone and placed it back to her bag. "wow!" she mumbled in awe when she saw the food, trying to cover up her nervousness.

really, jeongyeon? now you're admiring jimin? i thought you had a plan!

so much for my so called operation: uncrush park jimin.

"it should be 'no one', jeongyeon. you're texting a thing now?" jeonghan narrowed his eyes, his nazi skills attacking.

"shut up, jeonghan. let's just eat," jeongyeon rolled her eyes. lowkey thankful that jeonghan didn'r probed anymore. "which one's mine?" she asked as scanned the four sandwiches.

"here," jeonghan placed the subway club infront of jeongyeon and the bottled water.

"if this is not tasty, you'll buy ice cream." she warned before opening the paper wrapper.

"if it's tasty, you'll buy." jeonghan smugly looked at her. he leaned on the backrest of his seat and picked up his roasted chicken sandwich.

"whatever," jeongyeon rolled her eyes before taking a bite.

she blinked many times after munching it.

jeonghan proudly smirked at her.

"what ice cream do you want?" jeongyeon asked.

--

"you can finish that?" jeongyeon asked jeonghan who ordered one banana split and a large cup of cookies and cream. she rolled her eyes when jeonghan didn't answer her.  "of course you can. why am i even asking?"

jeonghan laughed while indulging his self with his favorite snack.

"tss," jeongyeon rolled her eyes but nonetheless chuckled when jeonghan joked around.

after eating their desserts and stopping by the arcade to play a little, the two got tired so now, they're waiting for a taxi infront of the mall.

the cold wind blew. jeongyeon yawned and hugged herself. they were waiting for a taxi for five minutes, and jeonghan is starting to grow impatient.

"why didn't i brought my car?" jeonghan mumbled out after getting a no-response to the third taxi that passed infront of them.

"you have a car?" jeongyeon asked in the middle of yawning.

"yeah. i left it at home," he replied as her hands flew up to call a taxi, but got rejected again. "dramas are liars. why do taxis in dramas always appear free, but not in real life?"

"why didn't you brought it?" she asked after slapping his head for his dramatic litany.

before jeonghan could answer, a black bmw car stopped infront of them.

"w-what--" jeongyeon's eyes widened when she recognized the familiar car.

by instinct, jeonghan hid jeongyeon behind her. he took three steps back and prepared himself for the incoming brawl, if ever.

the window from the shotgun seat rolled down, jeonghan's shoulders relaxed when he saw jimin.

"hey," jimin greeted them.

it was so unusual that it made jeongyeon's eyebrows creased.

"o-oh, hey jimin!" jeonghan greeted him back.

"are you waiting for a taxi?" jimin mumbled. jeongyeon can hear him being careful. it only made her forehead wrinkled.

"isn't it obvious?" jeongyeon said in a low volume and focused her eyes on looking for a taxi.

jeonghan softly elbowed her, she only shook her head.

"you won't find taxis here," jimin said when he can sense jeongyeon's indifference. he pursed his lips towards the big sign saying, 'no loading and unloading'.

"what the heck?" jeonghan mumbled when he saw the sign.

jeongyeon also followed their line of sight and wanted to slap herself for not being able to see that!

what a shame!

to jeongyeon's horror, jimin went out of his car. he walked near them. he was sporting a black shirt underneath the denim jacket he's wearing. he partnered it with a faded jeans and his timberlands.

jeongyeon's breath hitched when he stopped beside her. her heart was madly beating inside her chest. she held jeonghan's arm for support.

"hop in. i'll drive you guys home," jimin said in a friendly tone. she fought the urge to look at his eyes.

"really? wow, thanks dude--" jeonghan was about to open the back seat, but jeongyeon stopped her. he was suddenly reminded that jeongyeon's odd attitude towards jimin.

"n-no, thank you." she said and tried to pull jeonghan back to her side. "we can manage."

"i thought you wanted to go home?" jeonghan whispered to her ear. he yelped in pain when jeongyeon secretly pinched his side. he faced jimin and smiled apologetically. "y-yeah dude, we can manage."

"you'll die freezing while waiting," jimin smirked and on cue, the cold wind blew making jeongyeon rubbed her arms for heat. "get in now."

jeongyeon's brow creased. she was about to say something but jeonghan was saying so many words attacking her conscience.

jeongyeon rolled her eyes before opening the back seat's door.

"get in," jeongyeon told jeonghan.

jeonghan rejoiced and giddily went in. he really wants to go home since he's got lots of things to study.

jeongyeon lift her eyes and saw that jimin was looking at her. she raised a brow. "what are you looking at?"

jimin didn't answer her, instead he his heel and went to the driver's seat.

calm down, jeongyeon.

after huffing an annoyed sigh, she got in and the first thing she saw was jeonghan's smirk.

she raised a brow at him, but he just shrugged.

"i'm so exhausted," jeonghan said while yawning. "is it okay if i'll take a nap?"

"of course," jimin shortly said.

"okay. i trust you, dude. don't try to bring us anywhere. ask jeongyeon for directions if you forgot the way," jeonghan muttered as he closed his eyes, preparing to sleep.

jeongyeon's eyes widened when she registered what jeonghan said.

no way. i won't talk to him.

her eyes flew to jimin's side. and boy, those jaw that could cut her alive surfaced.

this is nuts. he looks so handsome!

jeongyeon shook her head and pushed back her praises at the back of her mind.

no, jeongyeon. remember that you're going to uncrush him, right?

she nodded to herself, and started to pat her shoulder.

"are you okay?" jimin asked when the traffic caught them.

jeongyeon's eyed widened. did he saw me looking at him?

"i-i'm fine," she said, clicking her fingers to ease her nervousness.

jimin didn't say a word, and continued to drive instead. jeongyeon relaxed for a couple of minutes but her eyes widened when jimin took a turn.

"where are we going?" jeongyeon rose from her seat. he was about to answer but a call came in.

jimin answered it without taking his eyes off the road. his phone was connected to the car's bluetooth.

"what?"

"where have you been?! i'm still waiting for you for twenty-freaking minutes!" a familiar voice made jeongyeon surprised. "it's freaking cold!"

"wait, i picked someone up." jimin calmly replied. "don't go anywhere."

"picked someone up?!" sooyoung prompted on the other line. "don't tell me it's your new girl--" before his sister could say another word, he immediately ended the call.

"sorry about that," jimin said. "i just happened to see you guys looking like waiting for a miracle to come. riding taxis after 7pm is not really that safe."

"t-thanks for your concern but, your sister is much more important than us..." jeongyeon trailed off. her eyes flew to jeonghan who's resting soundlessly.

"my friends are important, such as my sister," jimin said with a warm smile that made jeongyeon blush.

one thing jeongyeon was thankful for as of the moment was that jimin's looking infront.

-

"j-jeonghan?" sooyoung's eyes widened when she saw jeonghan sleeping at the back seat of her brother's car. she slid inside the shotgun seat and was even more surprised to see jeongyeon. "what the? what did i miss?"

jeongyeon only glared at her. her eyes then flew to her brother who's starting to drive. jimin only shrugged.

"hey jeongyeon," she called her friend at the back.

"what?" jeongyeon answered while her eyes were closed.

"jisoo already found a nice resort for our semestral break trip," sooyoung informed while drinking the ice coffee she bought while waiting for her brother. "she sent it in our chat room."

"i'll check it later," jeongyeon replied. she opened her eyes and glued it to the busy street of seoul.

"what trip?" jimin asked sooyoung. his brows were creasing. "did you already told mom and dad about it?"

sooyoung rolled her eyes. "i haven't, duh! because it's still a month away."

jimin was about to rebutt but jeongyeon spoke at the back.

"i'm sorry to interrupt but jeonghan is really a light sleeper. i would really appreciate it if you'd tone down your voices. i don't want to hear his corny dramatic litanies so if you also don't want that, you better whisper or--"

"aye aye, captain," sooyoung answered in a whisper. she chuckled when she saw jeongyeon glaring at her.

jimin chuckled too, but didn't say a thing.

"i don't know who owns this car now," sooyoung meaningfully said. she played some songs on the radio instead.

-

"thanks for the ride," jeongyeon said before getting out of his car.

"no worries," jimin said and went out to help jeonghan with the paper bags.

"thanks dude," jeonghan patted jimin's shoulder when he helped him. he squinted his eyes. "someone bought a bookstore awhile ago."

jeongyeon motioned her hands to punch him, but stopped when sooyoung called her. the two guys entered jeongyeon's home.

"what?" she asked. her eyes narrowed when she saw sooyoung's malicious smirk.

"my brother doesn't even do that to his friends. i wonder why you got exempted," sooyoung said with a hint of tease. "nayeon told me--"

her eyes widened and she immediatly placed her hand to block sooyoung's mouth.

im nayeon! you dead meat!

"don't ever tell anyone!" jeongyeon warned her. she let go of sooyoung's mouth.

"i promise, i won't," sooyoung cheekily said, raising a peace sign with her fingers.

she groaned. "do you want to come in?" she asked when she turned her head towards the gate.

"i'll just say my regards to your mom then we'll go," sooyoung followed her inside.

when they entered their home, she saw jeonghan and jimin sitting at their couch while her mom is serving them juice and cookies.

"hi mom," jeongyeon took her eyes off of the guys and went to kiss her mom's cheek. sooyoung went to her mom and hugged her.

"i miss you so much, auntie!" sooyoung cheerfully said as she wrapped her arms around jeongyeon's mom.

"i miss you too!" her mom patted sooyoung's back. sooyoung then, withdrawed and went to sit to one-seater couch. her mom looked at her playfully slapped her shoulder. "you didn't tell me your bringing your friends here!"

"it's not like that, mom," jeongyeon's eyes flew to jimin, who apparently was also looking at her. she immediately took her eyes off of him and saw sooyoung hiding her smile while reading a magazine upside down. jeonghan was busy munching his cookie to even care.

"j-jimin," she shut her eyes closed and looked at her mom. "jimin saw us waiting for a taxi during rush hour. he offered us a ride so..."

"oh really?" her mom clasped her hands and looked at jimin. "thank you for safely taking my daughter home. we refused to buy her a car since we're afraid she'll crash it..."

jeonghan and sooyoung both bursted into laughs. jimin smirked. jeongyeon was tomato red due to shyness.

"mom!"

"anyway," her mother gestured the dining area. "are you in a rush? want to join us for dinner?"

jeonghan eagerly nodded. well, that's not really new. he always ate his dinnner at jeongyeon's house whenever he had a chance. jeongyeon's home was practically jeonghan's second home.

"oh, we're fine but--" jimin was cut off by his sister. his brow shot up. he thought her sister wanted to rest early?

"if it won't bother you, auntie. besides, i really miss your food here..." sooyoung smiled at jeongyeon's mom.

"it's perfectly fine, sooyoung! oh you!" jeongyeon's mom laughed and went to the kitchen to prepare the table.

"i thought you'll just greet her?" jeongyeon glared at sooyoung. sooyoung gave her a peace sign and followed her to her room.

sooyoung looked back and saw her brother looking at her. she pointed her finger upstairs. jimin nodded and followed jeonghan in the kitchen to help jeongyeon's mom.

"i really love your room," sooyoung said when she went it. she excitedly lied down on jeongyeon's bed. "seulgi and nayeon did a wonderful job with your ceiling, huh." she said, noting the galaxy on her ceiling. "and you've got new games! i wanna play!"

"you've got to study first for finals, sooyoung," jeongyeon said as she changed into a comfortabpe shirt and denim shorts. "let's go?"

they went down the dining and saw jimin placing the utensils and plates in the table. jeonghan was busy pouring each glass with water.

"oh we have visitors," sungyeon's voice lingered over the dining area. she was home from work but she looks a liitle too tired. jeongyeon squinted her eyes before taking a seat.

after kissing her mom on the cheek and greeting everyone on the table, sungyeon went up to change her clothes. jimin and jeonghan were finally done with their assigned tasks so they also sat on their seat.

sooyoung was telling a joke when yoo changjoon, jeongyeon's father, made an entrance. he was still in korea for his week-long rest from travelling abroad.

"honey," he called out while loosening his necktie, his coat was lying on his arm. "did i miss din-- oh we have guest." his eyes then flew to their dining table that was usually occupied by two girls waiting for their dinner, now it was occupied by four youngsters.

"good evening, uncle changjoon!" jeonghan greeted him first. the park siblings bowed at him.

"hi dad," jeongyeon stood to kiss his cheeks. "they're my friends."

"very well then, where's your mom?" he asked and turned to the kitchen.

"kitchen," jeongyeon answered before she sat again.

sungyeon arrived and sat on the seat infront of her. sooyoung was seated beside her and jimin sat beside his sister. jeonghan was seated beside jeongyeon.

"any plans for your practicum?" sungyeon asked her sister infront of her.

jeongyeon sipped on her water before answering. "i've got a list of companies ready."

"why don't you try at my father's, jeongyeon?" jeonghan nudged jeongyeon's side while playing with the utensils.

"i don't want to be with you on the same company," jeongyeon rolled her eyes. she didn't want because she's hundred percent sure she'll have a special treatment on his father's company.

sungyeon and sooyoung laughed.

"if my dad can hear you, he'll cry a river," jeonghan shook his head while smirking. jeonghan's father favors jeongyeon even more than his own son.

"let's eat!" jeongyeon's mom came and placed three plates of marinated short ribs and three bowls of soft tofu stew.

she went back to the kitchen only to return with kimchi stew and more marinated beef.

"bon appétit!"

-

"see you tomorrow!" jeonghan bid his farewell and ran to his house that was only two blocks away from jeongyeon's. he looked at jeongyeon and raised his phone. jeongyeon nodded.

after thanking jeongyeon's mother for that wonderful and delicious dinner, jeonghan had to went home since his books were calling him. the park siblings took that as a gesture to go home. 

"bye!" sooyoung waved at jeonghan's retreating figure. she then turned to her brother and lend her hand. "key."

jimin's brow shot up. "why?"

he's a good brother, but no one messes up with his car. not even his own sister.

"i wanna rest, so let me get in first," she sulked using her puppy eyes.

jimin didn't want her whining so he immediately gave his key and turned to jeongyeon. sooyoung giddily went to her brother's car.

now, here's jeongyeon having an inner battle whether to say thanks or not to jimin.

"u-uh, thanks for the--"

"thanks,"

jeongyeon's eyes widened when jimin was looking at her.

"h-huh? thanks for what? i should be the one thanking you for taking us home awhile ago." jeongyeon explained while avoiding his eye contact. it makes her uncomfortable.

"for the dinner, i mean." jimin chuckled when he noticed jeongyeon's uneasiness.

"oh that," jeongyeon unconciously tucked some strands of her hair behind her ear. she looked at him in the eyes and boy, those eyes. "i'm not the one who cooked. you should thank my mom instead."

"i already did though," jimin smiled at her. "so...?" he cocked his head towards his car.

"bye," jeongyeon gave him a small smile before tearing their locked eyes. she went to the shotgun seat and knocked.

sooyoung opened the window with a grin on her face. jeongyeon's eyes narrowed.

"bye, future sis-in law!" sooyoung smiled sweetly at her. she immediately closed the window before jeongyeon could even drag her out.

jimin's car started. she raised her hand to wave at them.

staring at his car, jeongyeon thought about two things.

one is that, jimin's not that bad.

two, for some reasons, looks like her operation: uncrush park jimin is gonna get delayed.