chemistry

beaten up

 

 

chapter two: chemistry

 

“what’s with the grim look jeongyeon?” nayeon asked jeongyeon as she sat on the marble surface of the sink. she was done retouching, and was waiting for her water. “you know i was really really thirsty sis, and it took you so long. i could drink the tap water and get--,”

jeongyeon didn’t even tried to stop nayeon from her dramatic and almost hysterical lecture. she was still very pissed off from what had happened awhile ago.

“-- good thing there’s this cute waiter and he asked me what i need and he gladly gave me one-- hey are you even listening?” nayeon rolled her eyes when she saw jeongyeon’s passive face, not even affected from her nonsense blabbering. “what happened on your way here?”

“nothing,” - was the first word to came out from her lips since the incident with park jimin. nayeon was surprised by her cold tone.

“nothing?!” she stood up, hysterically. she placed her hands on her hips and faced jeongyeon with a ‘are you serious’ look. “if that’s nothing you should be covering my mouth right now.”

she was very much aware of jeongyeon shutting her up whenever she say nonsense things.

“it’s just…” jeongyeon glared at the wall infront of her. nayeon raised a curious brow and leaned forward to check if she’s looking at someone. she stared back at her, and placed her palm infront of her face.

“it’s just what?”

“park jimin.” she gritted her teeth and her tone was icy enough to send nayeon a few inches away from her.

“geez, what’s with park jimin by the way? he’s got jeongyeon real pissed.” nayeon softly murmured to herself. 

it was a big question mark as to why jeongyeon would hate someone in this case. the only people jeongyeon would hate was those professors who’ve got nothing to do but to torture their students.

“he’s one big devil you wouldn’t want to associate yourself with.” she gritted her teeth and looked at nayeon.

“wait- what - why are you suddenly angry at me?” nayeon brought her hands up to hugged herself. “i was only asking!”

“never mind.” jeongyeon rolled her eyes and placed her arms in her chest. “starting from now, i don’t want to hear his awful name.

“b-but, he’s sooyoung’s brother!” nayeon replied as jeongyeon started to walk back to their table. gone was the cheery disposition even with the kind of place she was in. her face was replaced with a sharp glare. “and you haven’t even told me what happened!”

nayeon was a bit scared, but who cares though. she’s her friend by the way.

“that was nothing,” she coldly replied. “and not really a topic to be discussed about.”

nayeon rolled her eyes and decided to zip on their way back.

“what took you two so long?” jisoo asked from her perched position, not minding jeongyeon’s displeased face. jisoo felt a nudge on her arm, she looked at seulgi and seulgi pointed nayeon.

nayeon was doing weird gestures but due to them getting used of each other, the four girls knew that jeongyeon wasn’t in a good mood.

the whole table was silent when nayeon and jeongyeon sat. no one even dared to ask why jeongyeon’s mood changed.

it was a first for them.

there was a deafening silence and everyone was afraid to mutter a word. there was another episode that they were like this, but in that case, it was because of jennie. all of them agreed to meet at the ice cream parlor and unfortunately, jennie just arrived with a hint of upset in her face. turns out, before she arrive, she and hanbin got into a fight. good thing, seulgi had the courage to speak first, since she was also in a relationship.

the four girls couldn’t relate since, yeah, they don’t have ones.

it was awkward. it felt like if someone tried to say something or even breath, jeongyeon would shot them a glare.

“just talk guys,” the five girls flinched, the aftermath of the alcohol flew out of the window. jeongyeon massaged her temple. “i’m really upset right now and this silence is adding more spice onto it.”

“are you okay?” sooyoung asked while pushing the plate of buffalo wings to jeongyeon’s direction

“well, if it wasn’t for you bro-- aw!” nayeon was about to spit it out, but jeongyeon was kick to step on her foot.

“what?” seulgi, being the curious cat she was, asked for further more details. not minding of jeongyeon’s dagger stares.

“who?” jisoo and jennie both asked.

the awkwardness flew out of the window by just that. jeongyeon closed her eyes while shaking her head sideways. unbelievable, she thought. quiet doesn’t seem to be on nayeon’s vocabulary.

“oh my gosh, jeongyeon don’t kill me.” nayeon mumbled to her. “it’s fine if they knew, at least they would know how to avoid, right?” she placed a cheeky smile and the four girls agreed.

“do whatever you want.”

“so there’s this incident about your brother,” she looked at sooyoung.

sooyoung almost choked on her drink. “pfft, what’s with him?”

sooyoung wasn’t blind about her brother’s rude attitude, but there are times when they are best of frieds, but most of the time, they’re like best of enemies. he would always get angry at her whenever jimin ruined the tea party of her barbies. so having to hear if someone’s angry with him is not really new to her.

“let me guess,” jisoo placed her arm on the table and cupped her cheek. “jeongyeon and ji--,”

“oopss, hold it right there.”  nayeon placed a finger on her lips. “we are not allowed to let jeongyeon hear his name.”

jeongyeon’s eyes shut as she sigh heavily. she was really questioning why she and nayeon became like close friends.

 “is he voldemort?” jennie bursted out into chortles. “is he the ‘he who must not be named’ ?”

nayeon and the four girls laughed. jeongyeon had a ghost smile on her lips but was contorted easily into a scowl when she heard that annoying voice.

“sooyoung, let’s go home. it’s past midnight.”

all of their laughter died down. slowly, they turned their heads to the one who just talked. they had this horrible look on their faces, and their mouths were hanging wide open. sooyoung was the only one who scowled when she recognized the familiar voice.

jeongyeon’s face was impassive, she was the only one who’s not looking at them.

“what’s up with the faces sis?” taehyung popped behind jimin’s back.

jisoo was the first one to recover from the shock. “uhh it was nothing.” she drank the champagne she was holding five minutes ago, and laughed so that her brother won’t recognize it.

“oh really?” taehyung asked, not seemingly to believed her sister but shrugged it off anyway. “it’s sooyoung and seulgi’s curfew so we’re going to end this party right now.”

“fine,” jisoo answered.

sooyoung didn’t answer her brother and just prepped herself up. she was still on the state of convincing her parents to let her taste the feeling of being on a legal age. 

being grounded was the only thing they were both scared off. their parents would agree to jimin being out at night, but with sooyoung, they are still not hundred percent convinced. they still view sooyoung as their baby, to which sooyoung was half happy and half pissed.

they would only allow sooyoung if jimin is also going to the party she was talking about. in that case, their parents would agree to her going out. but, jimin has to take her home by midnight, or they will be dead meat by the sun rises up.

“seulgi?” seulgi stood right away and searched for her boyfriend.

jeongyeon made a noise from and all of their attention were transferred at her. even sooyoung who’s hand was busy putting on tint on her lips was stopped mid-air. even seulgi who’s about to hug yoongi, was postponed.

jimin leaned forward when he recognized the familiar built of body. “so it’s yoo jeongyeon.” jimin laughed but there were no traces of joy in his tone.

“shut up,” jeongyeon deadpanned. she grabbed nayeon’s hand as they walk their way out of the bar.

“bye girls! i love y’all!” nayeon bid her goodbyes quickly while pacing up with jeongyeon. “hey wait - ouch!”

“yah park jimin,”after jeongyeon and nayeon had hastily exited the kim’s mansion, seulgi called out jimin who’s been looking grim even after jeongyeon’s departure. yoongi raised a brow at his girlfriend.

jimin looked at her impassively, as he lazily a raised a brow to asked ‘what’.

“what did you do to jeongyeon?” seulgi asked. she let go of yoongi’s hand and placed her arms infront of her chest, like a mother demanding an explanation as to why her son failed to passed his science exam.

“yeah, her mood changed when she got back here.” jennie added while playing hanbin’s fingers.

“maybe he said something rude…” jisoo whispered, but it didn’t failed to escape jimin’s ears.

jimin only looked at them, not bothering to answer any of their questions. he shrugged them off and pulled sooyoung by the arm, who apparently, is not done yet fixing herself.

“oh my gosh, i’m not done - hold it right - aw! it hurts - urgh!” sooyoung complained as her brother led her through the exit.

jimin waved his free hand to his friends, a gesture saying ‘goodbye’.

“is it really necessary to pull your company when you wanted to leave?”

taehyung mumbled while observing the door they exited.

seulgi, jisoo, jennie and hanbin shrugged their shoulders. yoongi didn’t bulge from his position beside seulgi.

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

“why do you still have to retouch when we’re just going home?” jimin rolled his eyes at sooyoung as soon as they stepped on his car.

“why do you have to pull me when i know how to walk by myself?” sooyoung deadpanned while massaging her left arm. “gosh, i feel like my arm has been dislocated.”

jimin started the engine as soon as sooyoung was done putting on her seatbelt.

the two were silent, it had always been like this, but, sooyoung felt that it’s different.

when jimin went home awhile ago to fetch her, he had that grim look on his face.

sooyoung was itching to ask if something happened awhile ago after the party had started.  before arriving at the kim’s mansion, he was looking like he fought with someone. she asked him multiple times but jimin was quick to shut her up.

“hey,” she asked when they entered their subdivision’s gate.

“what?” jimin answered while his eyes were fixed on the road. sooyoung sighed when she sensed the calmness in his voice.

“i was just wondering if something happened back--“

“I’m not really in the mood to talk about it sooyoung.” he answered quickly, not sparing his sister a chance to ask for a follow up questions.

sooyoung chose to be quiet while murmuring something jimin couldn’t comprehend.

“just rest because tomorrow’s going to be another day.” he told her when he stopped the car. sooyoung got out of the car without bothering to say anything. he followed her sister inside their home without bothering to say anything.

 “wow, you two are actually on time.” the deep baritone voice from the living room surprised the two. jimin and sooyoung both turned their heads simultaneously and saw a tall man in a black robe, with a glass of water in a hand. their father had no emotions displayed in his face. “…on time for a pu-.”

“d-dad!” sooyoung nervously uttered while she walked her way to her father and placed a kiss on his cheek. sooyoung looked at her wristwatch, “what are you talking about… we’re actually early for the curfew.”

their father’s eyes flew to jimin. jimin shrugged his shoulders then headed to his room.

‘he doesn’t even care?! oh my gosh! how could he! i thought we’re both on this matter!’ sooyoung thought while her eyes followed her brother.

“j-jimin! hey! wait up!” sooyoung tried to run to catch her brother but, she was unfortunately caught by her father.

“let him be.”

“huh? b-but why?” sooyoung displayed a pinched expression, suddenly questioning her father’s vague statement.

“ i was just testing if he’d actually take you home before my curfew.” her father drank the water from the glass he’s holding. sooyoung nodded then waited for his signal to go upstairs.

when her father was done drinking, he looked at her daughter and wondered why she’s still standing there. he raised a brow, sooyoung pointed upstairs.

“yeah, you can go. good night, sweetie.” her father said when he understood sooyoung’s gesture.

“good night to you too, dad!” sooyoung rushed to the stairs while waving her hand.

 

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

 

“that was close!” sooyoung ranted on the laptop screen. she told them her encounter with her dad awhile ago. “i thought i’m going to mess up my first ever party night!”

jeongyeon was silent the whole time she’s listening to her five girlfriends as she checked her sched for tomorrow's event. jisoo called all of them on skype to ask them if they already got home.

on her laptop screen, she can see that jisoo’s reading something on her phone, while nayeon’s fixing her things for tomorrow. jennie was still up since she’s removing her makeup. sooyoung’s also preparing for their last day of school and seulgi’s digging her nose on her calculus book.

“good thing your brother cares for you,” nayeon mumbled from her window.

“of course he should! he’s a dead meat if he wasn’t.”

“ugh, i wished i had a caring brother too.” seulgi said.

“well you have one but he’s not that kind of brother, isn’t he?” jennie replied to seulgi while she remove her eyelashes.

“unfortunately yes,” seulgi sighed as she rolled her eyes. she placed down her calculus book and removed her eyeglasses. “he doesn’t even gave me a kiss anymore! since he said that he’s big now!”

the five other girls laughed. seulgi loves her younger brother but unfortunately, he hit maturity and that made seulgi sad. good thing yoongi’s there to suffice her sadness.

“don’t worry, he still your baby bro after all.” nayeon teased amidst her chuckles.

“no! he also said to me that he’s not my baby anymore,” seulgi acted that she was about to cry but stopped to tell them that, “because, according to him, i already have yoongi as my baby.” she rolled her eyes afterwards.

“he got jealous!” sooyoung added and that made the others laughed.

“you know when yoongi knew that, he forced me to call him ‘baby’ whenever daniel’s around.” seulgi massaged her temple while she can briefly remember yoongi’s jokes around her brother.

“what?” jennie’s hand, whose busy making her hair into a messy bun stopped mid-air.

“really?” nayeon who’s about to drank from her glass of milk, stopped when she heard about the most unlikely thing a min yoongi would be doing.

“oh my gosh…” sooyoung, who’s been battling over staying awake or not was fully awake now.

“like seriously?” jisoo asked, mouth half opened.

the least of the least-est things you would expect a min yoongi to be was to act childish.

“yeah! do i look like i’m joking?” seulgi sighed then picked up her calculus book to read again.

“uhhm, miss kang,” sooyoung called seulgi on the screen.

“yes?” seulgi didn’t bother trying to look at the camera. 

“could you please remove that irritating book on the screen? you know, math hater here.” sooyoung covered her eyes.

“whatever sooyoung,” seulgi lowered her book but she was still reading it. who knows if she’s going to be the lucky person tomorrow to answer a freaking hard equation for the last day.

“hey yoo jeogyeon,” sooyoung called when she saw jeongyeon yawning. jeongyeon raised a eyebrow as she picked her favorite pillow from her bed. “don’t mind my brother, ‘kay? he’s really like--“

“no need for precautions, sooyoung. i’m not interested on knowing some infos about your brother.” jeongyeon icily replied, but there were no malice in her words.

sooyoung’s mouth was formed in an ‘o’. “woah, wait.”

“dear sooyoung,” nayeon lazily called her. “don’t open up something regarding your brother, she’d go--“

"shut up nayeon," jeongyeon said with a dangerous tone. "by the way, i'm visiting my sister's newly opened ice cream parlor. who's up?"

"me!" seulgi's mood brightened. "it's been 3 weeks since I last ate ice cream."

"your diet ," sooyoung commented.

ever since seulgi joined the dance troupe of their school, their instructor had forced them to take a diet.

and her diet was consist of veggies and veggies only.

"shut up sooyoung," seulgi shut her. sooyoung yawned after making a face.

"guys," jisoo, who's been silent for the whole chat said.

"what?" nayeon replied.

"i thought your internet connection stopped from working." sooyoung mumbled. jisoo's been holding a cup of coffee while she's scrolling something on her phone. "you look like a mannequin awhile ago."

"oh my gosh park sooyoung," nayeon commented. sooyoung's been talkative for the past minutes.

"you're so talkative tonight huh."

"i'm always like this anyway," sooyoung commented.

the most talkative in their group would be, nayeon, jennie and sooyoung. but, due to the attack of alcohols in their system, the spirit of talkativeness left.

well, only for nayeon and jennie.

"i think jennie fell asleep," jeongyeon muttered when she was observing each one of the windows. she saw jennie's cat-like eyes were in a line.

"no i'm not," jennie opened one of her eyes, but she yawned after that. "stupid tequila."

"so what are you going to say jisoo?" sooyoung asked while she reached for her sleeping mask and puts it on her forehead. "i'm - sleepy."

"uh - a make up company just called me--" jisoo nervously shared. it was the reason why she's on the phone the whole chat.

"no way!" in an instant, sooyoung's  drowsiness flew off the window.

"oh my gosh! you're going on a go see?" nayeon squealed. the idea of having one of her friends model for her favorite make up brand made her giddy.

"guys could you please calm down? taehyung might hear your loud voice from across the room." seulgi said to the two girls while narrowing her eyes. sooyoung and nayeon settled and waited with bated breath for jisoo's announcement.

"let them seul, remember the walls built here are sound proof.." jisoo winked at her. nayeon and sooyoung stuck their tongues out at seulgi.

"so yeah, they wanted me as their model for the new launch of their new make up set." jisoo said it without any traces of excitement.

"i am so so proud of you!" if sooyoung could only enter jisoo's laptop screen, she would do it to hug her."--wait, you seem like you don't like it."

"you agreed?" jeongyeon, amidst the excitement of sooyoung and nayeon, asked with a concerned tone.

"why wouldn't she though?" seulgi asked when she noticed jeongyeon's worry. "it's a good experience anyway."

"that's the problem, guys. i can't fully say 'yes' to this company."

"what?" nayeon gasped, her other hand to cover from the shock.

"why?"

"my dad won't let me do this." jisoo sighed. "he always think things like this are a waste of time."

the four girls were silent, (except for jennie, she's loud asleep).

matters like this would always made them sad.

they don't have a say on things involving families, because it's something they wouldn't want to meddle.

"anyways, it's been a long night." jisoo gave them a warm smile. "i'll see you all tomorrow. g'byee!"

the four girls also bid their goodbye's and then turned off their laptop.

jeongyeon stared at her starry ceiling. she made nayeon and seulgi paint her ceiling with a galaxy themed style.

she was staring at the beauty of every heavenly body.

but not when a memory from the party bothered her.

 

"what the heck? are you blind or what?!"

"i was sorry! okay? but not until I knew it was you!"

"who cares about your sorry, anyway? you're a real blind clumsy!" jimin grabbed a napkin, making a move to try drying the wet part of his clothes, and wiped his face.

"excuse me!!! i may be near-sighted but not as blind as hell." jeongyeon fired back.

"whatever, you still ruined my shirt, and unfortunately, my night." he scowled.

"you also ruined my night with your baseless accusations."

"if you didn't intentionally did this then, we'd have a peaceful night."

"what? excuse me?! i didn't do this intentionally! it was an accident!"

"you're annoying me." jimin irritably faced her.

"you're annoying me too!" jeongyeon sighed. "whatever! i shouldn't have talk to you anyway nor apologize for what i had unintentionally done! you deserve it anyway!"

after jeongyeon's long mantra, she glared at jimin and her way to get nayeon.

 

she never liked park jimin. even when their eyes met for the first time in physics 1.

jeongyeon had to share a seat with him the whole semester, and he did nothing to her but annoy the hell out of her.

she then came to conclude that park jimin's a devil. someone whom you won't associate your self with.

despite his devil attitude, girls would still fall for him. and the thought made jeongyeon vomit.

"why do they like someone who's got a bad attitude in him?"

"he's hot," - the most common phrase she would hear from girls who unfortunately like jimin.

she was lucky enough to know that the semester with jimin will come to an end. it was a real relief.

"why am i thinking about him?" jeongyeon slapped her forehead.

park jimin was a sinful thought.

she sighed, and layed on her comfortable bed.

-

morning came and she was up early amidst the late sleep due to binge watching her favorie series.

"wow, i didn't know you'd wake up this early on a weekend." her mom said when she heard jeongyeon's heavy footsteps approaching the living room.

"i had a bad dream," she shared to her mom as she opened the fridge to get milk.

very bad dream. she dreamt about jimin for two consecutive days.

"how sad," her mom said. "how's the party anyway? you came home a little late that night..."

her mom wasn't really strict with these things, especially that she's an adult now. she thought that her mother wouldn't bring this up.

"it was fine, not until ol' jimin ruined it." she said, then whispered the last words.

"who's jimin?" her mom craned her neck to check her daughter.

jeongyeon inwardly cussed. their family is known for having such sharp ears.

"he's just an ugly blockmate," jeongyeon sighed as she sashayed her way towards the dining table.

"oh really? i thought he's some hot guy--" her mother was about to say things that she knew will be the end of her so she cuts he off immediately.

"oops, you got it wrong. i'm not crushing on him or whatso--"

"wait a minute, why are you defensive then?" her mom laughed at her daughter's obvious defensiveness.

jeongyeon's mouth hang opened. she can't believe her mother.

"w-what--" jeongyeon wasn't able to process a sentence. her face flushed and she can't say anything.

"watch your mouth, dear." her mom winked at her and jeongyeon felt that her mom would be the death of her.

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

 

the semestral break was already done and jeongyeon couldn't get any happier.

jisoo agreed on being a model of a famous make up brand and fortunately, her parents agreed.

"you look stunning though! even without make up!" seulgi praised her friend, as soon as the posters of her shoot were released.

"thank you so much, seul." jisoo gave them a warm smile.

"i can't help but to love this new palette! oh my gosh!" sooyoung squealed upon checking the new shades of eyeshadows. nayeon and jennie went beside her to check it also.

"i'm so happy for you," jeongyeon said to jisoo.

"thank you," jisoo smiled and whispered her gratefulness.

jeongyeon's heart was happy. seeing one of her friends while doing what their heart wants is enough for her. it was her happiness.

she was happy and her mood was perfect like any other as she graced the halls of the office of the registrar, holding her new schedule on her right hand.

she went to the list of the sections and was bigtime surprised with it. her eyes wide open, and hanging.

"what. the. hell."

"why didn't you wait-- wait, are you okay?" nayeon quickly noticed as she walked near to where the list of sections per subject.

she placed her palm infront of jeongyeon's face to get her senses back to normal, and it work.

"sorry about that," she fixed her glasses as she faced nayeon. she's being weird, we can guess.

"what's wrong anyway?" nayeon scanned the list of sections but she didn't seem to notice what bothered jeongyeon.

"you're together with jimin in physics 2, chemistry 4 and physical education?" nayeon stated the things that made jeongyeon stop.

jeongyeon fixed her composure and reminded herself to not get pissed at him, even just for once.

"why are you even asking? it's already printed out there. jeongyeon raised a brow.

"here we go again with her sarcastic banters," nayeon sighed. jeongyeon wasn't sure if she's talking to herself or to her.

"did you already checked yours?" nayeon nodded. "good, i wanted an ice cream since my head's feeling hot just by looking at that freaking list."

"your treat?" nayeon took a while before replying to her. she was sure that park jimin irritated her friend.

and she's again sure for another thing; that jeongyeon will waste gazillion of words to describe park jimin.

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

 

"can't your brother leave the hell out of me alone?" jeongyeon eyed park jimin's sister. sooyoung wasn't able to answer her.

well, not because that her statement seems to be outrageous for sooyoung or something, just because she doesn't want jeongyeon's rage splattered on her precious face.

"you know jeongyeon," seulgi started while devouring a pistachio flavored ice cream. "the best way to not get acquainted with him is to act like he's thin air."

they were currently at the ice cream parlor that was owned by jeongyeon's sister.

"do you like him?" jennie blurted out as she chewed the marshmallows of her double dutch.

"what?!" jeongyeon sharply retorted.

why do they always thought that she liked jimin, when all jimin does is to pester her life.

"why do you keep on bringing up about jimin when you said you wouldn't want to hear us say his name." nayeon lazily turned he head at jeongyeon. scanning her face for a possible reaction.

jeongyeon was taken aback. alright.

she felt weirded out again by her reactions.

"i-uh," jeongyeon was looking for possible words to blurt out but she found none.

"i don't like to say this, but my brother's been a pain in the -- well, he's always a pain,  but something's wrong with him these past few days." sooyoung boringly mumbled.

"he deserves to not be ok--"

"jeongyeon," jeongyeon tried to throw a shade but nayeon stopped her. the latter just rolled her eyes at her.

"fine."

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

the day of the third semestral started. jeongyeon was feeling okay now though, not even minding park jimin's irritating existence.

"wow, i'm surprised you're in a good mood." nayeon commented as she noticed jeongyeon's usual disposition.

"being in such a sour mood could give me wrinkles," she wriggled her eyebrows.

"whatever," nayeon laughed as she rolled her eyes. she stalked her watch and saw that it was almost time for their first subject.

"hey, i'll go ahead to my class now." nayeon hugged jeongyeon as they part infront of the college of architecture building. "i'll see you later. bye!"

"okay, see you later too!"

jeongyeon continued on her tracks towards the college of chemical engineering, where her first class for the first day will start.

she was humming to her favorite soundtrack when she noticed the pile of girls waiting on the entrance of the building.

"is the entrance closed?" she asked herself as she check. when she saw that it was open, she got curious as to why there are a flock of girls in their building.

"i didn't know jimin can do this," a girl from the group said.

"they said that it was his first time!" another gossip from the group.

jeongyeon's brow immediately creased. was the commotion about park jimin?

keeping in mind that she needs to stay in good mood, or else she might show a bad impression at her new professors, she shrugged and thought of happy thoughts instead.

she tried to remember when she and nayeon played with the chocolate nayeon's mom gave. they spread some chocos in their teeth and made funny faces.

the thought made jeongyeon smile, so she started walking towards her room.

while passing the flock of girls, she was tempted to look at the commotion. but stopped herself since eavesdropping wasn't really her thing.

 

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

 

"i-i'm sorry jimin," momo's been lost for words. "i-i..uh, it was an a-accident--,"

"stop," jimin looked straight into her eyes. there were no signs of anything, just plain blank. "you're wasting your time."

"n-no, please hear me out." momo made a move to grab jimin's hand.

jimin didn't flinch when she held his hand. he closed his eyes and sighed before brushing it off from his.

"you don't owe me any explanation and neither do i owe you any," he turned his heel and started walking towards the entrance of the chemical engineering building. "bye."

as he took his way, jimin heard random reactions. but didn't entertain any of them.

he's done.

momo's been her girlfriend for about a year. they were the perfect couple eversince they started dating.

with momo, being one of the famous girl in the whole campus and jimin being the hearthrob of the chemical engineering department, their relationship couldn't get any perfect than it already is.

not until jimin found out that one of his friends, been attracted to her girlfriend--well, former girlfriend, and they started seeing each other behind his back.

jimin's mind went haywire, and that caused his sudden change of aura.

"quite a show you did down there," yoongi said as he saw jimin gracing the hall. he caught jimin and they started walking together.

"i'm not really interested to talk about this yoongi," he boringly said as they took a turn. "she already messed up my day."

"well, i won't be sorry." yoongi humorlessly laughed. "i already told you about this matter, yet you didn't believe me."

jimin only rolled his eyes. yoongi tapped his shoulder and turned his heel towards the hall his class is situated.

jimin entered his class, chemistry 4. the seats were already taken and there was no other vacant seats than the last row beside the yellow-haired girl who's sleeping peacefully.

he doesn't want to waste any of his energy fighting for a good seat, so he took a seat beside the girl.

mr. oh entered the classroom, all sleepyheads were awake when he placed the thick book of organic chemistry on the teacher's table.

"welcome to general chemistry 4," his monotonous voice attacked the eardrums of his students. "i'm mr. seungkwan oh, and i'll be your instructor for this subject."

"before i start, let me check if you can still vividly remember the basic of chemistry." he eyed each and everyone sharply.

everyone remove their eyes at their professor, but two pairs of eyes stared back at his. his eyes stopped at jimin, the sides of his lips rose. "the girl beside the boy on the fifth row, line 4, stand up. introduce yourself, before answering."

jimin looked to his side, and was surprised to see yoo jeongyeon as his classmate again, and unfortunately, a seatmate again. but he kept his composure and relaxed instead.

"yes sir?" jeongyeon asked as she stood.

"can you give me the product of the reactants, potassium chromate and silver nitrate?"

jimin smirked. he loved balancing equations. he mentally noted the answer.

"my name is yoo jeongyeon and the answer to your question sir is two silver chromate and a potassium nitrate." jeongyeon answered after twenty seconds of thinking.

"correct," mr oh puts a mark on jeongyeon's name. "next, the boy beside ms. yoo."

jimin stood and waited for mr oh's question.

"can you give me the type of bond between two chlorine atoms?"

"park jimin. it's a single non-polar covalent bond, sir." he sat, even without the professor's permission.

"good,"mr oh also placed a mark at jimin's name.

"next one, stand up."

 

✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦

"show off," jeongyeon whispered to herself when she heard jimin lowkey correcting the mistake of every student.

jimin heard her but chose to give her a blind eye. the last thing he wanted was to argue with someone.

"okay, seems like i won't be having a problem teaching you guys." mr oh smiled, wrinkles were appearing from the side of his face.

"now for the real lesson..."

mr oh started discussing the basics of general chemistry 4. they were all listening keenly.

jeongyeon was taking some notes. she likes to wriggle head everytime her pen gets stack on the table. "psh."

she turned her head to the side and was amazed.

jimin, at his finest side. the defined jaw, thick eyebrows and plump lips. he was handsome. jeongyeon hated to admit that but he likes to say that he's ugly.

and he will always remain ugly.

she gulped and focused on the board instead, eventhough she already knew the basics of the geneal chemistry.

an hour of lecture have passed. mr oh already dismissed them but he didn't fail to give them a homework due to their next meeting.

"you should do that," mr oh while referring to the homework he's given. "it will be needed in our activity next session."

he smiled lightly at his students and left the room.

 

-------

 

GUESS WHO'S BACKKKKKK

SORRY FOR ALMOST LEAVING EVERYONE T_T SCHOOL'S BEEN A PAIN IN THE AND I MADE A FEW EDITS JUST TODAY!!! HOPE U LIKED THIS LONG UPDATEEE :))) 

 

COMMENT DOWN BELOW IF YOU THINK JEONGYEON LIKES JIMIN BUT STILL COMMENT IF YOU THINK OTHERWISE HAHAHAHA!

Note:

it was actually the last day of the second semester.