Chapter 3

Transcript of your heart

The next day came rather fast. I am walking like a zombie at the corridor of our school, I did not really get that much sleep  because of a certain someone whose so bad to take up almost all the space there could be in my mind.

 

I arrived at my classroom and as soon as I sit down I immediately plop my head on the table and closed my eyes to sleep. 

 

“Hi Taeyeon-ah” Tiffany said to me and I reply with a simple ‘hmm’

 

“Tae, are you okay?” I replied her with a ‘hmm’ again. I’m not really in the mood to talk right now since i’m really sleepy and only Jessica could raise my mood up.

 

“Yah, are you just gonna reply me with a humm?” There was annoyance in her voice, she then started so shake my body to get my attention. And she did.

 

“Aisshh I’m sleepy fany-ah, I did not get enough sleep at all so stop bothering me” I said and go back to my position earlier.

 

“Hi Tiff, Hi Tae unnie” I did not look up to see who greeted us as I simply humm again.

 

“Hi Seo, you’re LATE”Tiff said and emphasizes on the word ‘late’ 

 

“Uh yeah, I did something important that’s why” 

 

“Luckily the teacher’s not here yet” Tiff said and became silent. I got happy when no one has tried to talk for I just drifted off to sleep without realizing it.

 

 

I did not know how many hours I was out as I just woken up to the constant poking of my cheeks. I slowly lifted my head up and rub my eyes to make the blurriness away. I heard some giggle coming to seohyun so I look at her but then suddenly...

 

“Awww... you’re so cute taeyeon-ah” tiffany said while she pinch my cheek real hard. I pushed her hand away and rub my reddened cheek.

 

“It hurts ya know” she replied with a laugh

 

“Your lucky taeyeon unnie that the teacher just let you sleep but I recommend you not to you dont know how scary the teacher here could be” seohyun told me

 

“TAEYEON,TIFFANY,SEOHYUN COME ON LET’S EAT I’M HUNGRY” sooyoung shouted from outside the classroom

 

“WHEN ARE YOU NEVER HUNGRY” I countered back. 

 

“Unnies stop it let’s eat lunch now i’m really hungry”seohyun said and started walking out 

 

Tiffany and I followed her as we all walk to the cafeteria. When we were near the cafeteria I saw someone familiar and it made me smile boosting my mood up. Though she’s going  to an unfamiliar or rather prohibited way.

 

“Guys start lunch without me I need to go somewhere important byee” I said and run as fast as I could to follow her, I heard them yelling something at me but I did not clearly heard it as I proceeded to go after her.

 

 

I stand at a gated abandoned place. I started to think on how come the school had a place. It looks like no one has been here for decades already but how come jessica’s here? 

 

The gate is dirty with all the leaves and a sign the clearly said ‘do not enter’. But what could I do my feet has their own mind. Then I was shocked and amazed with what I saw outside it was so wonderful here. There was a fountain in the middle and flowers circling the place and there she was sitting on a bench. I started walking towards her and stop just in front of me. We were now looking at each others eye and her look is kinda intense.

 

“What are you doing here?” Her voice was so cold as always. I smiled as a reply.

 

“Don’t think like we’re friends, just because I told you my name last time it doesn’t mean anything at all.” I ignored her though it hurts a bit for I thought she would at least be friendly with me.

 

“Have you had your lunch?”

 

“Does it matter to you? Can’t you just leave me alone I want some peaceful time”

 

“Do you wanna eat lunch with me I got a bento this was cook by my-“ 

 

She cutted me off before I could even finish “The hell I care, I said just leave me alone can’t your ing little brain understand that?” 

 

“I ahmm sorry” I looked down and put my hands on my pocket. “ I’ll leave you alone just please eat this” I shuffled through my bag and put the bento next to her as I run my way out of the place.

 

Even though there was still thirty minutes left before lunch time is over since I did not have any appetite I just bought some water in a vending machine and directly go to my classroom.

 

I got so many things clouding my mind right now so to distract myself I listened to some music and look outside the window

till students came to the room fulling it munite by minute. Then Tiffany and Seohyun arrived and directly questioned where I had gone to earlier. I just told them  I needed to meet someone earlier and had eaten lunch with. They believed me and started off some topic until the teacher came.

 

At last classes was done I cant wait to go home and sleep. I got really tired and disappointed I guess. While packing 

 

“Tae unnie bora said someone’s looking for you outside” Seohyun said. We walk towards the door till I spotted who was looking for me. I was stunned as I look with eyes wide open.

 

“Hey, I came to return this it was delicious I enjoyed it thanks” she smiled and left. 

 

“Eh?ahh wait!” I run up to her

 

“Yes?”

 

“Can we uhh can we be-“

 

“Be what? Come on you’re wasting my time” and there it was again she had this annoyed and uninterested face again unlike earlier when she much more kinder.

 

“Nothing” I muttered 

 

“Nothing? Okay then goodbye” and she walk away. I wanted to ask if we could be friends but I guess it’s still impossible right now so I just let her be for now.

 

 

“Yah you did not tell us you were with her earlier, did you even eat lunch?” Tiffany asked me

 

“Ahh sorry, I did ofcourse yeah I eaten my lunch with her” 

 

“Really?” She was looking at me like she does not believe me at all “ Then why does she have your lunchbox?”

 

“Leave her alone tiff unnie you’re scaring her” ‘oh how I love seohyun right now’ “I was just asking, you know just worried for you tae”

 

“It’s okay, don’t worry fany I really did eat my lunch jessica and I shared my bento”  and she replied with a humm as we continue walking outside the school and wave each other goodbye.

 

When I was walking I anticipated that I would meet jessica along the way feeding the cat again but when I turned there was no one there so I sadly walked to my bus stop. I was atleast hoping to meet her there. And when I arrived home I greeted my mom she said something to me but my mind did not really process what she said so I just said okay and directly go to my room.

 

I plopped myself on my bed and think of jessica again. I wonder why she’s so cold to me and can sometimes be kind. I don’t really understand her and it’s kind of frustrating.

 

 

“Tae come down now we have visitors”

 

‘Eh? Who could it be we were new to this neighborhood I did not know my mom has friends already here.’ I said as I walk myself down to the kitchen. The people in the kitchen made me astonished I did not know how big my eyes are right now what matters were the people inside our house in our kitchen.

 

“What the-“

 

We were looking at each other and she has this blank face on mode like she was not shcok at all to see me.