First Date

Be My Girlfriend. Truth or Dare

 

From the last episode...

 



You: *Why do I suddenly have a bad feeling...? Should I still go tomorrow? Or should I find some reason to bail..?*

 

*the next day*


You made your way to the main entrance of the mall at 01:45pm. You never liked to be late, so you arrive a little early. When you neared the main door, you realize you weren’t the only one who didn’t like tardiness. Minwoo was leaning against the wall, dressed in simple tees and jeans, looking around every now and then. He spotted you immediately.

Minwoo: Annyeonghaseyo! ^^
You: Annyeonghaseyo...Ah, I mean, Annyeong.

Hearing you using a form of speech that is not formal and suggests intimacy, Minwoo’s eyes lit up and a grin spread across his face.

You: Umm... Jeongmin oppa told me that between...um...people with relationship like ours shouldn’t use formal speech...so...yeah o///o
Minwoo: Oh...

If you weren't mistaken, the lights in his eyes dimmed.

Minwoo: Then... for “people with our relationship”, should we hold hands?
You: *I don’t want to...but...* Eueng...

Then he awkwardly held your hand and you tried desperately to distract yourself.

You: Um, it’s not even 2pm yet, have you been waiting long?
Minwoo: Oh, aniyo, I mean, ani. I’ve just reached here too :D Let’s go in ^^
You: Eueng.

Just when you walked past the door, you overheard something.

Passerby 1: Pfft, “just reached here”? Please, I’ve been standing here for at least one hour and he’s been here since then!
Passerby 2: Yah, you’re so loud, plus...

Then you walked too far out of earshot.

You: ...

You sneaked a peek at Minwoo. He was still smiling and looking forward, but you noticed his ears were a shade redder than his skin tone.

You: *Ohmygod this is so awkward >.< What am I going to say?? Eottokaji? What do “couples” do after they meet? I’ve never experienced this before! >.< Do we just keep walking like this? Omo...>///<*
Minwoo: So... what do you wanna do first? ^^
You: Umm...I...don’t know..? *This is so embarrassing I shouldn’t have come T.T*
Minwoo: Ah...okay...

Then you two walk in utter complete silence, facing away from each other. The layer of awkward was so thick that finally Minwoo couldn’t stand it anymore.

Minwoo: Aigo, jinjja this is so awkward :b
You: Ha, ha... *I know right...*
Minwoo: Gajah! Let’s go in here ^^

Then he pointed to the side, and you realise you two have walked in front of an arcade. You looked at him questioningly.

Minwoo: I know this is awkward, for both you and me, so why don’t we go in, have fun, and just try to be friends? ^^
You: ...Eueng..?
Minwoo: Okay, so once we step into that arcade, we are not couples, and we are friends, arasso? :D
You: Eueng.

Then he let go of your hand, and the two of you stepped in, bought the tokens, and the games began.

*STAGE ONE*

The first thing you two challenged, was the row of basketball game machines displayed at the entrance of the arcade.

Minwoo: Let’s try this!
You: I’m not good at sports...
Minwoo: Gwaenchanayo! ^^ It’s just a game :D
You: ...
Minwoo: Gajah!

Then he inserted the tokens to 2 different machines and you had no choice but to play. Even if you do get a horrible score, it wouldn’t be embarrassing, right? The machine came to life, the basketballs rolled out, and you started shooting. It’s game time.

*3 minutes later*

Minwoo: OAO
You: o///o

The game has ended and the tickets spilled out of the machine, 1 ticket for 1 point. Your machine spilled 103 tickets, and Minwoo’s spilled...27 tickets. It was pretty awkward when his game ended 2 minutes before yours did because he didn’t pass the mark barrier...

You: >///< *Okay, what now? DX*
Minwoo: Ahaha...next game? ^^
You: Eueng...
Minwoo: You choose ^^

You looked around and find something that you wouldn’t stink at (and somehow you find yourself thinking about Minwoo’s ability and making sure he wouldn’t be too bad at it). Then you saw it.

*STAGE TWO*

You: That one.

You spotted a whack-the-mouse game. This is a simple enough game right?
You inserted a token and grabbed the rubber hammer, while Minwoo was your assistant, armed with his hand. Soon, the rats sprang up, and you two starting whacking like maniacs.

*BAM* *BAM* *BAM*

Gradually, the speed and number of rats and increased, so you and Minwoo’s speed increased too.

*BAM* *BAM* *BAM* *BAM* *BAM* 

Now cats have appeared, and hitting them will deduct points, so you and Minwoo’s speed decreased again, looking more carefully to spot the cats.

*BAM* *BAM* *BAM* 

But then they all appeared and disappeared too fast so you guys just starting hitting everything and anything.

*BAM* *BAM* *BAM* *BAM* *BAM* *BAM* *AH*

You: Omo!
Minwoo: Ss... Ahh, that was so painful! Why did you hit me for? D:<
You: M-Mianhamnida...I didn’t mean to do it...>.< *Why is he being such a jerk...*
Minwoo: ...Just joking ;D Kekeke!
You: *mwo? o.o* Y-yah! >///<
Minwoo: Hahaha!
You: Hmphs, so immature xp
Minwoo: Yah! The game!
You: Aigo!

When that accident happened, you two have completely forgotten about the mouse and cats popping up and down. But now, two words flashed on the screen.

Robotic voice: GAME OVER.

The tickets started spitting, amounting only to 30 because of the little mishap and all those cat’s head that you two bonked.

Minwoo: Yah, we only have 30 tickets, it’s all because of you! >: (
You: Mianhamnida, I mean, Mianhae... * I really didn’t mean to do it... : (*
Minwoo: ... Jokes XDD Who cares about tickets?
You: >///< Yahhh!
Minwoo: Fooled twice! Kekeke!
You: Yah, don’t make me really hit you! :b

You raised the rubber hammer menacingly, as if you really were about to hit him.

Minwoo: Ah, chamkamniyo, chamkamniyo XD Mianhae, let’s go to the next game :D

Then he dragged you to the pair of dancing machine and gave you the tokens so you can insert them at the same time. But because he fooled you twice, you decided to take revenge. You two stood at the middle square.

Minwoo: Ready? ^^
You: Eueng ^^
Minwoo: Hana...Dul...Set!

Then he clicked on play and the song started playing, Minwoo moved his feet, and danced to the beat, while you... stood there, smiled and watched him. Minwoo soon noticed that you weren’t dancing along with him.

Minwoo: Yah! Why aren’t you playing?
You: I didn’t insert the tokens :3 Nyehehe
Minwoo: Yah, jinjja...
You: Fooled, heheh!

But what can he do then? So he just concentrated on the game and danced while you watched him.

You: *Wow, he dances really well...o.o*

Soon he cleared the first level and the second level came, this one was much more difficult and he had to literally jump around to get all the right steps. Before he was half-way into the song, he was sweating from head to toe.

Minwoo: Yahh, please help me T.T
You: Mwo~?
Minwoo: You take 2 squares and I’ll take the other 2, that way we can score more :D
You: Shouldn’t you be concentrating? :b
Minwoo: It’s too difficult T.T At least try to save the tickets you lost just now? Jebhal~

You thought about it and guilt overcame your thirst for revenge.

You: Arasso :b

Then you joined in took the “up” and “right” square while Minwoo took “down” and “left” and then you tried dancing to the beat of the song. But unfortunately, you have two left feet, so you struggled to hit all the notes, even if there were two squares. (It wasn’t your fault the squares were so hard to step on!)

Minwoo: If you can’t step on it, just jump! And try to face the screen!

With that tip, you started jumping while facing the screen and the scores went higher immediately.

You: It’s working, it’s working!

Then suddenly there was a double step so you got ready to jump faster and harder this time. You aced the first one but then jumped too hard on the second beat and lost your balance, sending yourself stumbling and falling backwards.

You: Ahh!
Minwoo: Woaaah, careful!

Then Minwoo stretched his hands and supported your shoulders, helping you regain balance. But when you had your feet on the dance panel, the slippery surface trolled you and made you slip some more.

You: Woaa!

At the last minute, Minwoo opened his arms wide and caught you. It was like he was hugging you from the back.

You & Minwoo: Sorry, sorry, sorry! >.<

After you have properly stabled yourself on two feet, Minwoo let go quickly. You turned and faced Minwoo.

You & Minwoo: Mianhaeyo! >.<

Then you two talked to each other like mirrors.

You & Minwoo: ...? o.o What are you sorry for?... I-
You: You go first o///o
Minwoo: I know you weren’t comfortable having...physical contact...with me. So yeah, and I was afraid I might’ve used too much energy and hurt you...Mianhae.
You: Oh...gwaenchana :D And sorry for ruining the game...OMO! The game!
Minwoo: Omo!

But unfortunately the game was already over and the statistics were displayed on the screen.

------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Perfect: 10
Good: 57
Misses: 133
Bonus: 10
Grade : F
HOW DID YOU EVEN GET TO LEVEL 2?!
------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You and Minwoo looked at each other, and burst out laughing.

You: Hahaha! Yah, its asking how you got to stage 2!
Minwoo: Hahaha! It’s because stage 1 someone was watching only, then that someone stepped in stage 2 ;D

You pretended you didn’t hear him and went to collect the tickets. 45 tickets, you guessed 40 for stage 1 and 5 for stage 2.

You turned around to tell Minwoo and the sight made your heart skip a beat. Minwoo wiped his sweat and flipped his slightly wet hair. Then he looked right into your eyes, and smiled at you, the dazzling lights of the arcade shined on his face, illuminating his smiley eyes.

You: o.o...

This was the first time you have really looked at him in his eyes, and you couldn’t help but think of something someone had told you a long time ago...

 

”Smile :) because you never know when someone might fall in love with you.”

*to be continued*