Appa Saranghae, 3

Appa, Saranghae.

“Il eun?” Sung jong stuttered, still standing at the side of his seat. He froze. For a moment their eyes met. It was as if they were the only two living souls in the whole classroom. He wanted to say something, but the words were stuck. Instead, he just stared at her.

“is there something wrong, Lee-shii?” the teacher, who noticed Sung jong called out. The other students rotated their head towards the back to see what was going on which made Il eun feel more frustrated. Before Sung jong could speak, Il eun managed a glare at him. He bit his lips and bowed an apology at the teacher and his new classmates, took his seat and awkwardly smiled. “nothing’s wrong, chusunghae..”

Class started. Sung jong slowly shifted his gaze from the blackboard towards his left. Luckily Il eun was staring out the window.  He searched her. It was rather hard to believe that he was this close to her. It made his heart pound against his rib cage. He sighed. “what happened to you?” he whispered inwardly.

He still remembered the times when they played together as children. she was all smiles then. When she suddenly vanished, Sung jong lost his light.

“Omma? Where’s Il eun? She didn’t come to school today.” He would ask his mother everyday, after coming back from pre-school. His mother just smiled and ruffled his hair. As time passed, Sung jong grew and moved. He started getting involved with his new friends and forgotten about his childhood friend, until middle school. That was the first time he ever saw Il eun.

She looked different, but nothing could ever doubt Sung jong that was not Il eun. He tried talking to her, but she just shunned him away. It was then he realized that things have changed. It was then he realized that there was somewhere deep inside of him, misses his best friend.

He knew that they lived close with eachother. He knew that they were neighbours because he would sometimes see her walking back from school outside his window when he was home from boarding school. What he didn’t know is where she lived. He was certain that she lived near his home. How? He had a feeling. It wasn’t intentional for him to have suddenly appeared at her school. It was just coincidence. Truthfully, he never knew she schooled there when he registered. He just wanted to get out from his former school, quick. Maybe, you can call it fate?

You see, he used to study at a boarding school before he transferred. Why he transferred? He had his own reasons.

Il eun stared out. Her heart was also racing. Her head was beginning to hurt, blood was rushing up her head and she could feel sweat rolling down her back. It was winter, but for Il eun, it felt like hell. Her body was burning up. Pain was building up yet she endured it by clenching her fist tightly. She was sick, and she knew it.

Despite the pain, Il eun’s mind was thinking of work. How will I survive? Can I still work in this condition? Shut up Il eun, somethings are more important than yourself. Fight it, just like always. You need the money.

As the thoughts wandered in her head, her vision started to get blurry. She couldn’t focus anymore. Everything was now a big giant blob of blur.

She cursed, she had to do something. Otherwise, she’ll faint.

Without thinking, Il eun stood up, slung her beg over her shoulder and walked towards the exit, trying hard to act natural. The other students flinched. They turned their head towards the sound Il eun’s chair and followed her figure out the door. Sung jong too stared at her with a confused look. A worried look.

“Kim-shii!” the teacher managed to call out. “class is not ov-” Il eun disappeared behind the door.

The teacher sighed and rubbed his head, smearing a little chalk on his temple. He plucked his fingers and the students resumed class as if nothing happened.

Behind those doors, Il eun struggled to keep herself on her feet. She paced forwards but stopped when her stomach made a flip. She clasped her hand over , coughed and continued. Soon, she was at the entrance. Luck wasn’t on her side. She grunted when snow was falling from the sky. She couldn’t stand it anymore.

Yes, she was strong. Yes, she once came upon a situation similar to this. Yes, she wanted to cry. But something was different. Her legs gave away and she pummeled down in the snow with a loud thud. Her bag was flung in the air and it landed on the white snow, her belongings scattered everywhere.

 The snow was cold against her cheek. She began to pant, breathing shallow breaths as her eyes slowly lost their vision. The last thing she saw was a black figure wrapping it’s arm around her. Everything vanished.

It was cold and dark. There was no light in sight. She could feel soft cold breeze her skin but she could see nothing. The air gave out a spooky feel to it, but Il eun’s heart was at ease. She didn’t panic, instead she felt calm. She searched the area. Nothing.

She was alone there. It seemed endless as the dark continued to veil her. she let out a faint cry.an echo answered back. Slowly she got down on her knees and hugged them tightly while burying her head in her arms. She didn’t cry. She just took deep breathes and closed her eyes.

Was she dead? She thought. Is it finally over?

Suddenly the cold feeling was replaced by a sudden warmth. Il eun lifted her head and saw a soft light coming towards her. she stood up, brushed her skirt and walked towards it. It wasn’t her that was controlling her body, it was something else. Something was actually pulling her towards the light.

Il eun’s eyes fluttered open. She gasped for air. She blinked her eyes rapidly and shot up.

“Kim-shii? Your finally awake.” A familiar voice called out from her side. she squinted her eyes to get a better view of the person. It was her teacher.

She was in a bed located at the school’s infirmary. The white walls hung high towards the tall ceiling. The smell of medicine filled the room. The infirmary looked dead.

A jolt of panic ran trough her body. Her eyes widened. “what happened? What time is it? Where am i?” she got out of bed but failed to balance her body, landing her on the ground. She touched her head that was hurting and gasped.

“easy now, there’s no need to rush.” The teacher tried to help her to her feet, but Il eun slapped his hand away.  She gave him a glare and stood up by herself. She brushed some dirt off her clothes and stared at the teacher.

 “w-what happened?” she asked in a husky voice.

The teacher sad down on the bed and looked up at Il eun. He smiled a worry smile. “you fainted, luckily, someone brought you here. He found you infront of the school.” The teacher explained, but not in detail. He then stood up and paced towards the exit.

Il eun raised a brow, bit down on her lips and sighed. “what time is it?” she turned towards him, who was half way out the door.

“not a minute after noon. The students are still in their class.” He said. “you better go home and rest. It seems that you have a high fever. I’ll go tell the principal and I’ll send you home.”

“wait!” Il eun almost screamed. She turned her head so she wouldn’t have to meet his eyes. “I’m fine, I can go home by myself.” She said.

The teacher hesitated before nodding. “fine then, but make sure you-”

“sungsaengnim, I can take care of myself. Just go already.” She took her things that were laid next to her just now and walked past the teacher.

She didn’t need any help. It was one of her weakness. She hated the fact that everytime someone reaches out towards her, she pushes them away. Lesson learnt, not to trust anyone. Even the ones you love. She learnt that the hard way.

Again, the teacher sighed. “What am I going to do with you.”

Il eun couldn’t stand the humiliation of being found unconscious infront of the school. It hurts enough that she was considered a freak at school, but now, she just hopes that nobody saw her. she just hopes that everyone ignores her just like always. Leaving her alone, like laways.

It hurts less this time. Maybe the little black out wasn’t such a bad thing after all. At least she felt a little better. Il eun looked at her watch. It’s still too early to go to work. She wondered. “should I go home?” she thought.

Before she could even realize it, she was standing infront of her apartment.

 

♦♦♦

Hello there~ *awkwardly waves~*

Hey guys, exams are coming up and I have no intention of studying. Whooptidoo~

I’m just kidding. ==”

But seriously, its hard and I’m terribly sorry for the lame update.

I don’t know if you are reading it or not, but I love you!!!

Comment and tell me what you think.

If you don’t want to, it’s ok, I understand.

*pouts*

Hehe, k then.

Again, I’m sorry for the short, boring update. I’ll try to update soon.

Spoiler: I will be adding new characters in this fic, including the mystery man that helped my poor darling Il eun.  Keh keh.

p/s: mind my mistakes, I was in a hurry~

 

i would also like to thank my beutiful subscribers who gave such beautiful comments, i seriously love you!!! XOXO