Cram School

Island
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[ Cram School ]

Description

Wendy has the hugest crush on Park Chorong. Irene just wasn’t sure what she should do about that.

[a/n fluff and randomness. unedited as well but will do so if i have time this week. Thanks for all the comments, upvotes and the love! Seriously guys, you are the best!]

 

 

“Oh look, look, look! Honey is starting to drip from your eyes again! Stop that! Stop! Don’t ogle at my friend from afar, Wendy!!!” Irene complained as she started waving her arms in front of her best friend, trying to stop the eye contact from happening RIGHT IN FRONT OF HER.

“Come on, Irene unnie! Take your arms out! Chorong unnie is looking hella fine todaaaaay!” And as usual, Wendy had the cheeky grin on her face as she kept trying to catch a glimpse of her crush on the other side of the public library. “And she’s wearing a pink hairband??? Wow, she’s gotten ten times prettier!”

“NOOOOOO!” Irene huffed, folding her arms together. “I hate you!”

Wendy had to stifle a laugh at that. Irene was too adorable as well.

“Why are you stopping me from catching glimpses at my crush anyway? You do know I’m only here to see her.”

Now that hurt a little more than it should.

Irene hated how Wendy wiggled her eyebrows. She hated how her best friend was grinning widely without even thinking about the words she had just said. She hated it the most how smitten her best friend is to Park Chorong as if she was in love with the older girl.

But more than that, Irene hates how in love she is with the younger girl knowing the latter has the biggest crush on someone else.

In Irene’s defense, why can’t it be her? She’s voted as the prettiest girl in their town, even at her cram school and students from far and wide visits their town just to catch a glimpse of her!

Irene’s best guess? Wendy was just someone with blurry eyes and bad taste of women. (Ok, that was only Irene’s jealously talking. Park Chorong was quite a catch! And she’s pretty adorable too, which is Wendy’s total type. But Irene was also pretty and adorable, so just why????)

“What? So that’s what it is now? You’re only here to see Park Chorong???” With a growing frown on her face, Irene quickly gathered her stuff. “That’s it! I really hate you now!!!”

That one’s a lie. Irene can never hate Wendy. She adores her a little too much to even hate her.

She was really about to leave but she felt a pair of hands wrapping her wrist and pulling her. Caught in a surprise, a yelp was heard from the older girl. Her eyes was closed that it took her a moment to realize she ended up sitting in someone’s lap. The very someone named Wendy Son.

Wendy knocked her forehead in scolding.

“Stop being a grumpy grandma. Of course I’m also here to help my best friend study!” Wendy smiled wholeheartedly that may have gotten Irene’s heart swooning. “Hey, are you ok?”

Irene’s isn’t.

There were those rare times when she gets in close proximity with the latter. Every single time that happened, Irene felt her heart trying to get away from her chest, beating rapidly and loudly that during her first time, she thought she was having a heart attack. It should even be illegal, being that ultimately close. Wendy has those sharp features that can quickly catch everyone’s attention in a crowd. Her nose were perfectly sculpted and her lips? Man if you only knew how kissable it looks like up close.

It just doesn’t make sense. How sick can Irene be to fall in love with her best friend?

In all honesty, Irene didn’t even know how it happened. Wendy was their long time neighbor and the latter has been around since the younger one was 14. Their three years was quite huge, especially when they were younger. However, that didn’t hinder their friendship. Wendy was the one who made most the effort at first. The young sweet girl would drop by every other day in their home’s footsteps, with a box of sweets and pastries to share. Irene was the shy one, but with each doorbell every other afternoon, Irene’s walls cracked and she one day finally warmed up to the twelve-year-old who had the brightest smile in the world.

Ever since, they started hanging out every afternoon. They would study together, bake together and watch movies together. They would banter a lot but still hold each other’s hands at the end of the day. They would have that weekly sleepover that is filled with ghost stories and funny tales, along with occasional cuddling that Irene especially likes.

Maybe it was Wendy’s overall personality after all. She was nice, sweet, funny and delicate. And when she smiles? Irene was dead sure she’ll give what the whole world has to offer.

Because Wendy gives all the love that she can… because Wendy deserves just as much love… because Irene was dead sure she can give all that love to her.

 

- - - - - - -

 

“Here.” Wendy placed a box of milk in front of Irene as the latter was stressing out from studying in her room that day. Papers were all over the floor and books kept piling up both left and right of the older girl’s study table as she was buried with a thousand questions in her head. “You looked like you need a break, unnie.”

“If I’m gonna take a break again, I’d probably have to take the SATs again next year.” Irene sighed in disappointment. “Why am I such a dumb dumb?? I can’t believe I’m stupid enough to fail the SATs, Wendy!”

With a playful knock in the forehead, Wendy laughed. “That’s because you were busy training your dance last year, unnie. You don’t need to take the SATs again, to be honest. You can just train hard and be an idol singer, like you always wanted.”

“I don’t think I’d ever be an idol singer… All I have is my beauty… I’m not even that great in dancing…”

“Oh? Am I hearing this right? Irene Bae admitting that she’s not that great when she’s probably the best person in this century???”

“Wipe that grin off your face, Son.”

“But I’m serious!” Wendy chuckled before pulling Irene’s cheeks apart. “Look, you’re really adorable and sweet and nice but that’s not the only asset you have unnie! You are also a great dancer. I mean, I swear I almost drooled at you dancing on the floor during your last practice. That is, if you weren’t my best friend of course.”

“Must’ve been better if you actually drooled.” Irene mumbled lowly that the other girl didn’t hear. “Anyway, don’t you have an upcoming exams to study for?”

The younger girl shrugged before plopping down to her bed with a lollipop in . “I’m done studying.”

“Smart .”

“And this smart came over to help you study tonight. Because you’re a big dumb dumb.”

“Hey!”

“I’m just kidding!” And Wendy laughed.

Oh damn… I wasn’t aware that the world has two suns! Irene almost moaned at that sound. (Irene is a bit of a ert, if you haven’t guessed that by now.)

All of a sudden, Irene felt something moving on her side. Shrieking in surprise, Irene finally noticed Wendy getting a stool to sit beside her in the small study table, their bodies so near in contact that Irene felt like fainting already.

“So, what subject should I help you study?”

“H-huh…?” Still entranced by her friend’s proximity, Irene’s mind just gone haywire.

“Irene unnie, you’re lost in your thoughts again???”

“H-huh…?”

Another knock in the forehead.

“Oww!!”

“That! Do I get your attention now?” Wendy giggled. “Stop daydreaming! I know I’m pretty but I think you really need to continue studying now.”

Faking a frown, Irene huffed and turned back to her books. “For your information, I wasn’t even staring at you! You’re too ugly to look at!”

“Really?” Now Wendy has a -eating grin. “Your eyes are telling a different story…”

“J-just—argh!” Irene pushed Wendy off the stool. “Stop annoying me!”

Irene would’ve continued acting as if she was annoyed. She would, but when she felt Wendy’s arms around her shoulders, with the latter whispering words of sorry and cheesiness, Irene just melted.

She was always weak because of Wendy. It has been like that from the start.

- - - - - -

 

“So, you’re coming on that costume party dinner at Naeun’s house?” Chorong asked Irene during their vacant time in cram school.

“No.” Irene mumbled glumly as she took a sip of her strawberry milk. She and her best friend was invited earlier this week and after hearing Wendy’s immediate yes upon knowing that Chorong will be there, Irene’s excitement just went down in an exponential level. “Wendy’s coming though.” She added.

“Someone sounds gloomy about it.” Chorong chuckled, already noticing the shift of mood from the other girl. “You know, if you like her, you just go and tell her. I mean, you girls terribly looks like more than friends in an observer’s perspective.”

“Yeah, yeah, very funny.” Irene scoffed. “She likes someone else.”

“Oh really?”Chorong raised an eyebrow. That totally got her attention. “And did she tell you who it is?”

“Of course!” Irene quickly shot a glare at her friend who was now close to laughing. “I’m not telling you though!”

“Ehh? Why nooooot?”

 “Because if I tell you, you’re gonna steal her from me!”

Now that got Chorong totally laughing.

“HAHAHAHAHA! And you tell me that you girls are just friends?!”

“We are just friends.”

Chorong shook her head with a click of her tongue. “Girl, that’s not how this fanfic goes~”

“BUT WE ARE!!!” Irene released a sigh, entirely being gloomy about it already. “We just are and that’s making everything ten times harder.”

 

- - - - - - -

“You’re really not coming to the costume party tomorrow? I already got us our costumes though…” Wendy asked her best friend as they snuggled in Wendy’s bed that Thursday night. Fridays were usually their sleepover nights but considering how the costume party happening on that day, their schedules were moved. Irene didn’t mind it much though, as long as she gets to spend some time with the younger girl.

“I don’t want to go.” Irene folded her arms together like a little girl having a tantrum. “And knowing you, you probably picked a crazy idea for a costume again.”

“Come on, I have a pretty normal idea this time.” She grinned. “I got us vampire costumes!”

“WHAT?!” Irene screamed. Soon, images of Wendy in a y vampire costume with red lipstick and fake blood on the corner of her lips were turning her on. Her imagination go wild to a very provocative clothes that almost sending her body on her fire. “NO! You can’t go to that party! You can’t wear that kind of clothes!! I demand you not to go there!!!”

“Don’t be silly unnie! Plus, the costume was in sale! I really like it too!”

“But Wendy!”

“Do you wanna see me wear it?”

Irene gulped. Dear Lord, are you really teasing me right now? No, right? You’re gonna let me live after tonight, right? Please don’t let me have a freaking nosebleed, please… You’ll let me survive right?

As she whispered that silly prayer with clasped hands, she didn’t notice Wendy rummaging through her closet and wearing it in the bathroom in a flash.

When the younger girl opened the door, Irene had hanging.

 

Of course. Silly me, why would I even think of that?

 

Wendy is the most innocent girl of all. Just why did Irene didn’t think of that.

 

“That’s a kid’s costume.” Irene pointed out, judging the thick black cloak and clean white shirt underneath along with the skirt that is long enough to reach Wendy’s knees. Along with that was a silly black witch hat that has a smiley on its tip and the long red cape for the overall appearance. There’s also Wendy’s wide grin that looks nothing like a scary, hot teenager vampire Irene learned in movies.

“Yes!”

“And you’re telling me you’re planning to go to the party in that costume?”

Wendy nodded her head.

“Fine.” Irene sighed. “I’m coming with you!”

“Because you think the costume is greaaaat?!”

Wendy’s eyes were expecting a yes. Still, Irene was far too disappointed to even agree to the younger girl as of the moment.

“No. You’re gonna do something dumb on the party. I can’t possible let you do that alone, can I?”

Wendy’s grin gotten wider at that point. Catching Irene by surprise, Wendy lunged forward to hug the younger girl tightly in her arms.

- - - - - - - -

 

The moment Irene and Wendy arrived at Naeun’s house, they know something weird would happen. At least, Irene was the one who had a hunch on it. Wendy was too distracted by the chocolate fountain and little kids with pumpkin baskets to make of anything.

“Welcome to the party!” Chorong greeted Irene once the two crossed paths. “Having fun so far?”

Irene shook her head for a quick no, earning a laugh from the other 91-liner.

“I mean, you can at least try to have fun right

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter