Stand by me..

Pray

Save me from.. broken time..
 

His figure was leaned against the freezing, skin-pricking, coldness of the metal street lamp as the rain downpoured over his shivering body. His mouth askew as his chest was seen heaving up and down; the tears pouring over his eye lids and spilling unto his high cheek bones, making the freshwater rain droplets turn into mixtures of salty tears.
Footsteps were heard padding through the puddles of water as they slowly but surely came upon Kyuhyun's fragile form.

"Kyuhyun.." Sungmin whispered as he knelt down so he was eye level with Kyuhyun's distorted face. Kyuhyun opened his eyes and let out a sob.

"Kyuhyun, what on earth are you doing out here?" Sungmin asked as he reached out and wiped a freshly dropped tear on Kyuhyun's already soaked, cold face.

Kyuhyun looked up and took big shallow breaths. With a shaking hand, he reached out and grabbed Sungmin's shirt. He pulled the older man close, and opened his mouth to say something. The words hardly came out of his mouth, and his crying wasn't helping his strength to speak either. Sungmin had to lean in closer to Kyuhyun's moving mouth to hear his inaudible words.

"Someone told me to pray, to dream, that it will come true no matter what it is.."

Sungmin's mouth was pursed shut. He wasn't sure what to say; what to do.

"Tell me everything.." Kyuhyun pleaded, opening his eyes and looking at Sungmin's averted gaze, "look at me and tell me.. Tell me to stop."

Sungmin opened his eyes, and stared at Kyuhyun's red eyes. He had cried too much, and it clearly shows on his face. "Stop what?"

"To stop.. Stop grieving." Kyuhyun's eyes watered again at the thought of him. His former lover.

All Sungmin did was sigh, and stand up. Pacing under the flickering street light. Thank God no one was awake at this ungodly hour of the night.. they would think Kyuhyun was crazy. He reached up at ran a hand through his wet brown locks. What is he supposed to do?

"That sigh sounds cruel and harsh to me.. but I hear nothing. No sounds of salvation." Kyuhyun looked down and whimpered. The tears threatning to fall anytime soon. "All I do is pray."

"KYUHYUN!!" Sungmin shouted, his eyes wide. "Kyu, snap out of it! Please! Crying and grieving will get you no where! Just please.."

Kyuhyun only looked up at the night sky whose stars shined brightly. He smiled bitterly and chuckled. "You expect me to just stop grieving? Just like that? I really was in love. I really felt. I felt alive.. and you expect me to just stop grieving?" He looked over at Sungmin's emotionless face.

He sighed and coughed, "You know Sungmin.. Someone once told me life was like this. That things become so dull, no matter what it is."

He reached out and softly grabbed Sungmin's cold, clammy hands, "Tell me everything.. look at me and tell me. Tell me to come to my senses."

Sungmin looked down at Kyuhyun's hands embracing his, and shook them off. "Kyu..."

Kyuhyun looked up pleadingly, "Smile for me like you did yesterday."

Kyuhyun closed his eyes, and smiled. He smiled a sad smile, as he felt Sungmin dissapearing before him. This was it. He was leaving.. again. Leaving him once more. He didn't know if he could take it anymore.

"Sungmin-ah.. wake me up from being still. Bring back the time of standing still.. Please, smile for me like you did yesterday."

In only a few seconds time, the rain started again and poured over the city of Seoul. It rained hard, and Kyuhyun was soaked again. His head leaned back against the street lamp as he screamed. Screamed louder than before.

I sincerely pray.
Listen to the song..


He opened his eyes, and looked around. Sungmin no longer to be seen. His Sungmin left him again. Went back to his home in the sky. But Kyuhyun could hear him.. His former lover's voice coming from the sky, flooding his mind. It soothed him, to hear his voice.

Cry for me.. and I'm sorry.
It spreads and spreads, the more you grieve over me.


"Please, hold me again.." Kyuhyun whimpered, snaking his arms over his cold shuddering form.
He smiled contently as a familiar warmth swept over his body, and the familiar scent of his lover's aftershave flooded his nose.
"Sungmin..." Kyuhyun whispered, a smile on his face.

Save me from.. broken time.