The Beach Party

Collide
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the boys got back to the ‘Cliff House’, Sehun’s mother prepared them a delicious spread of home-cooked meals in the main house. The boys spent their time eating and chatting about anything and everything. After their meal, the boys went back to the ‘Cliff House’ along with Sehun’s older brother, Baehkhyun.

“Sehun, did you tell them about the party down at the Beach Club?” Baekhyun asked his brother.

“Yeah, we’re all going,” Sehun answered.

“What time does it starts?” Kai asked as he sat on the couch.

“Well, it started an hour ago but it will last until midnight so we still have 4 hours more,” Baekhyun said as he sat on the stool chair near the kitchen counter. “If we’re going then we should get ready. But we don’t need to rush.”

“Okay,” Xiumin said as he went directly upstairs. “I’m getting in the shower first.”

“Race you!” Kai said as he ran upstairs as well.

The boys laughed as the others went to do their thing to prepare for the party. Suho went to drink a glass of water.

“What’s wrong with you? You’re awfully quiet since dinner,” Baekhyun said as he looked at Suho.

“Nah, I’m just probably tired from the early flight, hanging out with the boys and then doing the grocery,” Suho explained as he put down the glass on the counter.

“You can skip the party if you like,” Baekhyun suggested.

“I’ll go. I need to get my mind off about something,” Suho said.

“Want to share?” Baekhyun asked curiously. “Problems at home? Women?

Suho smiled and put his hand on the back of his head.

“Ah no…not like that but something closely related,” Suho said as he looked at Baekhyun. “I saw a beautiful girl back at E-Mart. I wanted to get to know her but I was kind of off my game and I was…I don’t know taken aback, I guess.”

Baekhyun laughed.

“Only your first day here and you’ve been bewitched by a local.”

“That is if she’s a local,” Suho said as he sighed. “She doesn’t look like she’s from around here but I wouldn’t be too sure.”

“Yup, you really need a time off to clear your head a bit,” Baekhyun said as he patted Suho from the shoulder. “Don’t worry the Beach Club party will help you unwind. Plenty of girls to meet and in no time you’ll forget about that stranger girl you saw in E-Mart.”

“Yeah, I guess you’re right,” Suho said as he put his hands on his pockets. “I better get ready. You should too so we can leave before it gets really late.”

Baekhyun nodded as Suho went upstairs to join his friends in getting ready for tonight.

Back at the Cocoon House, the girls just finished eating their dinner that they bought in E-Mart. They decided to hang out at the terrace overlooking the beautiful ocean of Jeju Island. Not far from where they were staying, they saw a party happening down by the beach. They saw people dancing, talking, laughing and playing music. They saw a huge bonfire and foods being served buffet style. Out of curiosity, Rose went back inside and dialed the concierge’s number.

“Good Evening, Ms. Park, how may I help you?”

“Hi! Uh, I just want to ask about the party happening down at the beach. We can see it right outside our terrace. Is that a private party?”

“Oh no, Miss Park. That party is open for everyone down at the Beach Club. You can visit and join the fun if you like.”

“Oh I see,” Rose said. “Do you know what time will it end?”

“Yes, it will be around midnight.”

“Thank you for your help,” Rose said as the receptionist bid her goodbye and they disconnected the call.

Rose went back outside to join her friends and sat at one of lounge chairs.

“I called downstairs. They told me it’s an open party down at the Beach Club. Do you girls want to check it out?” Rose asked as she looked at her friends.

“Open party?” Lisa asked again as Rose nodded.

“From up here it looks fun,” Jennie said as she took a peek.

“Yeah and they’re playing good music,” Rose said as she smiled. “Maybe let’s go check it out. If it’s not that fun, we can just go back here.”

“I’m cool with that,” Lisa said as she stood up and looked at jisoo. “Jisoo, you’re joining us, right?”

Jisoo looked at her and then she looked down at the beach front. It did look fun and she promised her friends that she’d try to have fun so she nodded.

“Okay, that’s settled. Let’s get ready. We don’t need to look too dressy. It’s a beach party after all,” Jennie said as she walked back inside.

After an hour, the girls got out of the condo down to the beach area. As they got closer to the party, they noticed that it was filled with young people. Some were busy talking in groups, others were enjoying the bonfire as they drink. There were some people playing in the water while others were dancing or playing instruments.

The girls smiled as they reached the beach front and the sand tickled their feet.

“This looks like fun,” Lisa said as she smiled. “Oh! They have water games! I want to check those out. Rose, come on.” She held Rose’s arm and pulled her in the direction of the water games.

“Okay, but I want to check out those playing the guitars over there,” Rose said as she Lisa pulled her away.

Jennie shook her head as she went closer to Jisoo.

“What do you want to do?” Jennie asked her friend.

“I don’t really know. I mean, we don’t know anyone here,” Jisoo said as she looked at her surroundings.

“Well, this is an open beach party. Not everyone knows each other here. That’s the whole point of this. We can get to know locals and tourists by hanging out with them,” Jennie said as she smiled. “I’m seeing a dessert table. Those are delicious fondues. You want to check it out?”

“Can I just sit near the bonfire and you get us your fondue?” Jisoo asked as she looked at her friend.

Jennie smiled and patted her friend’s back.

“Okay. Just stay there and I’ll be back,” Jennie said cheerfully as she went to the buffet table of desserts.

Jisoo looked around for a quiet spot to sit in. She saw a couple of empty pillow cushions on the sand so she went directly there. She sat facing the water admiring how beautiful the moon was at that moment.

Meanwhile, the boys arrived 30 minutes ahead of the girls. They were already having fun with the locals and tourists. In fact, Baekhyun introduced them to a few locals he knew. As the night goes, the boys went on their separate ways and enjoyed the party.

Chanyeol who was drinking with the guys circling around the bonfire suddenly had a brief flashback of a memory he wanted to forget. He remembered the time he used to spend with someone special in a place like this – around a bonfire, talking and making plans for the future. But his reminiscing was cut short when he heard a familiar strum of guitar not far from him. He looked around and then saw a group of people playing guitars not far from the bonfire. He smiled and stood up.

“Where are you going?” Kai asked as he looked up at his friend.

“Over there,” Chanyeol said as he pointed at the group of musicians.

“Oh okay,” Kai said as he put down his beer and then stood up as well. “I’m getting some snacks.”

They went in their separate ways as Chanyeol walked slowly towards the group of people playing guitars. Different kinds of instruments were laid out in circle for the group to share. A note near them told him that anyone can borrow and play the instruments or if brave enough sing on their mini stage. Chanyeol smiled as he walked closely. Just then, he noticed a beautiful girl looking down at a guitar. Her expression was in awe. She sat down in one of the chairs as she strummed the guitar. He immediately knew the first few chords so he took the first guitar near him and approached her.

“Missing you.”

“Excuse me?” the girl said as she looked up to him in confusion.

Chanyeol smiled.

“The first few chords you just strummed when you were testing the guitar. It’s Missing you by Tamia, am I right?” Chanyeol said as he smiled at her.

The girl smiled and nodded.

“I’m Chanyeol, by the way,” Chanyeol said as he reached out his hand. The girl looked at it at first and then she reached out her hand.

“It’s nice to meet you, Chanyeol. I’m Rose,” Rose said as she smiled to him sweetly. “Do you play the guitar?”

“Yes. Can I sit here?” Chanyeol asked as pointed at the space near Rose. “I promise you I’m not some creep. I heard you strummed the guitar and it’s very familiar to me. I’m with my friends but they’re somewhere. I don’t know anybody in this group.”

“Me too. I was with my friends as well but I couldn’t resist checking this area,” Rose said a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter