Shoulders

#Taejeong Imagines

"Bangtan you're up in 10!" A chorus of 'yes' rang around the room. Jimin sat at the stylists table asleep as he got his makeup done. The other members were doing various things in their own corners. 

Taehyung walked out to sit in the hallway for a moment. He found a couch and sat down. He scrolled through instagram and liked various pictures. He felt odd and instinctively turned his phone off and turned around. 

He jumped as Sujeong waved at him, "Hi Oppa." 

Many staff passed them but paid them no mind. 

He smiled and said, "Were you trying to look at my phone?" She sat next to him and shook her head, "I was checking to see if it was you. I heard you came back last week, but I haven't been able to get in contact with you."

"Yeah I've been meaning to catch up with you. We can get a meal soon okay? I'm going on tour in a while. I'll be very busy."

She nodded, "I'm proud of you Oppa."

"Taehyung-ah!" He looked up to see Namjoon waving him over as a staff member adjusted his mic.  

Taehyung jumped up, "I'll get going! I'll be cheering for you okay?" 

She nodded, "Fighting!" 

He smiled at her and waved, "Fighting!"

~~~~

Taehyung typed quickly as he looked around the restaurant nervously. He had been sitting for about 10 minutes and the owner was beginning to give him the side eye. 

The door rang, and a young woman walked in. He turned around and sighed in slight annoyance.

Oppa where are you?
 I'm in the restaurant. 
I don't see you. 
 Neither do I. 
I'm near the bamboo tree. 
 What tree? 
Oppa. What's the name of the restaurant you're in? 
 A***. Why?  
Oppa. That's the wrong place. 

He jumped as he felt a hand rest on his shoulder. He looked up and grinned under his mask. 

"Let's eat."

~~~

Sujeong shifted in the couch. She glanced over at Taehyung who was playing games on his phone. She looked around the living room. 

This was the first time she had been inside a guy's apartment. He had soft music playing from his speakers and lit candles. She looked over at him. 

He glanced at her,  "Do you want to see my score?" 

She froze before silently nodding. She scooted closer to him and looked him play the game. She shifted back to become more comfortable. 

He continued as she felt her body relax.  She pulled her own phone out and began to read. She glanced at his shoulder and bit her lip nervously. 

Should I...
 

She rested her gear back on the couch and slid closer. She glanced at his game and slowly slid her head down and then rest it on his shoulder. 

He grinned and glanced at her, "Is this-"

"Hyung! I brought you some- oh! Sujeong!" 

Taehyung looked over at Jungkook who was holding two bags of chicken. Sujeong moved her head away and bowed to him. 

He bowed back and whispered, "Did I interrupt something?" 

Taehyung sighed and shook his head as he walked over to get his bags. "No you did-"

"I got the drinks!" Taehyung rested the bags down and smiled, "Thanks Jimin."

"I really needed a drink tonight! We can go out-" "Hyung." "What?"

Sujeong stood up and walked to Taehyung in the kitchen, "Oppa should I leave?"

Jimin jumped as he turned around, "Oh! Sujeong. We thought Taehyung was by himself sulking." 

She laughed, "No he called me to hang out because he was feeling a bit down." She turned to Taehyung, "Should I go?  It's getting late anyway. You can stay with the guys." 

Taehyung began setting his small table up, "I spent seven years with them. Stay for the chicken then I'll send you off." 

She nodded and gestured for Jimin ans Jungkook to sit down. They shook their heads and guide her to the table and gave her a cushion to sit on and a blanket to cover her legs with. 

"Can you drink," Jimin asked as he opened the Soju bottle.  

"Yeah." Taehyung set down the napkins and cups, "Not too much right?" 

She nodded. He sat next to her and they began to eat. 

A few hours later... 

Jimin laughed as he drank another glass of wine and ate a slice of cake. They had found some chocolate cake at a nearby cafe and bought it. 

Jungkook clapped as he laughed about a joke he said. Taehyung eyed Sujeong as she reached for another shot glass. 

"That's enough," he whispered. She sighed and nodded before leaning on his shoulder. She closed her eyes and yawned. "I'm tired. I want to go to bed." 

Taehyung sighed, "You have to go to your dorm." She pouted, "I know." Jimin sighed loudly, "I'm jealous! I want someone to talk to at night." 

Jungkook grabbed his shirt smiling, "I'll talk to you." Jimin smiled,  "Really." He nodded and Jimin dramatically hugged him,  but they fell over laughing. 

Taehyung wrapped his arm around her ribs and said, "I'll take you home." 

~~~

The car was quiet as Sujeong laid her head on his chest. He had a mask on for both of them and kept on checking his driver. 

Sujeong stirred and grabbed his arm. She shifted her head to rest on his shoulder. She lifted her head to whisper in his ear. 

"I like the feeling of Taehyung's shoulders. I always wondered how they feel like. You know I have a tiny crush on him?"

He turned his head in shock. 

"I know he's always busy and can't afford a relationship. I don't think I can deal with the constant empty space of him not being here, but I can't deny my heart you know?" 

He looked down at her, "So you won't tell him this?"

She blinked slowly, "Of course not. But sometimes I do wish when I'm near him I get to rest my head on his shoulders whenever I can." 

He smiled and rested his head on hers as the driver turned up the soft music. 

"Maybe you will be able to. Soon." 

 

 

 

 

.