Chapter 3

Winter Romance

“Doesn’t matter?” Sulli asked. Widening her eyes. I gave her a confused look. “Don’t you find him attractive?” Suzy asked. “Well I think he’s handsome and is kind’a cute. But I really hate players, you know that.” Krystal pouted. “So, does that mean you like him?!” Sulli asked. Krystal just rolled her eyes and continued to walk. “Oh come on! I’ll tell you- I mean we’ll share everything we know about him to you. We don’t want a foreigner to think that our school is full of s.” Suzy said. “Okay.” Krystal hinted the girls to start talking.

“Well, he’s rich and a playboy, obviously. And there has been no news about his family, he doesn’t really talk about his family a lot so-... Uhm, the worst thing about him is that he sleeps with different girls mostly every night, but there has been no news, ever that he brings any of those girls in his house or should I say an apartment. ” Suzy started talking.

“Wow” Krystal gave a fake shocked face. “Come one! He’s not that bad. But that doesn’t mean you should date him. I will never allow it!” Sulli said. “Me too.” Suzy agreed. “But don’t think that we , I-I like him. I do-do-don-don’t! Really! Trust me!” Sulli said. “yeah, m-me t-to-too” Suzy stuttered. Wait, does these two girls like him? Krystal thought.

The bell rang and Sulli and Suzy waved their goodbyes.”Guys, were not on the same class? I thought we were!” Krystal yelled as the two girl started walking away. “We are. On arts class.” Suzy shouted and again, waved her goodbye. Krystal looked at her schedules and it says :

Time

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

8:00-9:30

Physical Ed.

Physical Ed.

Chemistry

Geometry

Arts

9:30-11:00

Arts

History

Arts

Chemistry

Lab Activities

11:00-12:00

Spanish

English

Music

Physical Ed.

Spanish

1:00-2:30

Geometry

Geometry

Lab Activities

English

Music

2:30-4:00

Music

Chemistry

Club Activities

History

Club Activities

 

 “Uh- My schedule for today is full. Good thing it starts with P.E.” I mumbled at myself as I followed the directions that the paper was saying. It led me to the gym locker. It was clean and it smells good, and when I opened my locker, everything was there. Actually our gym locker is bigger. It has 2 pairs of our school jogging pants, t-shirt and a jacket. It also has 2 white towels and on the side, there is a small basket attached to the locker wall with soaps shampoos and etc. And I forgot to mention, the shoes that my mom packed days ago was already there with 3 pairs of socks.

I immediately changed into my school P.E. uniform together with the jacket. I went inside the gym and felt happiness. I like sports and I could fully enjoy it since the gym was so big. I also heard that in the second gym, there is a pool, which made me excited. Not too long after thinking about such wonderful thoughts, I heard girls screaming and saw the red-haired guy named Taemin. But he wasn’t alone. He was with a dark browned hair guy with a muscular body. “Were on the same class? Tsk.” I murmured in my mind.

…….

This is no fun. The normal students have to wait to play volleyball while the varsity players are playing. Good thing, the coach just tried to show us how to play the game. I’m really impatient when it comes to playing a game. But not so long, I had my luck. The coach announced that today was a tryout and he would like everybody to join. He tried to let us serve, hit, pass, block, set and jump.

Playing volleyball was done. Next is basketball for girls. It wasn’t really a necessary to join. But I like trying new things. I saw Taemin and his dark brown-haired friend stared at me, more like looking down. I think that they think girls as slim as me can’t even handle a ball.

I got the ball. Everybody was trying to get the ball, and I was on the three-point spot. I tried to find someone on my team to pass the ball to but I don’t have time so I just tried my best to shoot the ball. I shoot it with my fierce eyes, I was really focused since I don’t like to be laughed at and yeah, the ball went in the ring.

Me, myself was even shocked. The crowd went wild. I even saw Taemin and his friend’s face went blank, probably shocked. After seeing it, I automatically smirked. “Hey there! New girl! Coud you come here?” The coach yelled.

I immediately went to him. “What is it, sir?” I asked. “Do you want to join the team?” After saying that, everybody started looking at me. Even Taemin and his friend. “Oh sir, that would be nice but I still want to try other sports to really know what I’m really interested to. But thank you sir.” And by that I immediately jogged away from the staring crowd and finally reached the girls gym locker. I sat on the bench and sighed.

“Are you crazy? You just rejected Coach Oh’s offer.” I jumped out of my chair. “Oh My Gosh! You scared me!” Krystal said, almost yelling. “Oh- sorry. It’s just I think your losing a big opportunity..” The girl said. “Excuse me?” Krystal, on the other side raising one of her eyebrows. “Didn’t you know that being asked by a coach to join his/her team is such a big opportunity? I mean you can get a scholarship, it means paying no tuition fees and all you have to do is play your game and win it. And also-” She was cut off by Krystal. “Could you please? You and your mouth are totally stressing me out.” The girl was taken back and looked down. “Sorry. I was just annoyed.” The girl and Krystal smiled. “It’s Hyunah by the way.” The girl said. “Krystal.”

…….

Krystal ran hurriedly as she looked at her wristwatch “9:33. Shoot I’m late.”  She muttered. “Excuse me, do you know where room 47 is?” She asked at some random guy who is currently standing at the exact same wall she was looking. The guy turned back to face her. “Oh- you’re…” Krystal said. “Yeah- I am the `Taemin’s friend. Were on the same class in today’s P.E, right?`” Krystal just nodded. Becoming silent. “Uhm.. you just have to walk straight, turn left and it’s the third room.” He said. “Okay, thanks.” Krystal immediately jogged to the direction that the guy just said. “Hey, wait.” The guy approached her, she turned her back. “I’m Gikwang.” The guy said. “Oh- thanks Gikwang. I’m-” She was cut off. “Krystal Jung. I know who you are.” Krystal looked at him, confused. Then she realize what she was suppose to be doing, she has to go to class. “I have to go. Bye.” She waved her goodbye and ran off.

Everyone, especially the teacher gave her a confused look. “Oh- Is someone from this class.. By any chance, late for 6 mins?” The teacher said. You can easily tell hes a teacher since first, he dresses like a teacher and second, hes sitting at the very front of the class. “Sorry. I’m late. I got lost.” I said, trying to sound so apologetic, which I really was. “I’m Krystal. Krystal Jung. I’m new.” I said. “And I’m Alex. I’m old. I am your teacher for this painting class.” I smiled. “You can take the spot next to the window.” He said. Well the class is like this, tall chairs, a tall tiny desk where you can put your painting materials and the thing where you can paint your paintings.

“Well, I’ve seen paint dry fast my dear. Chop-chop. And also Mr. Lee, I guess that spot next to the window isn’t really yours.” The teacher said, looking at.. That red-haired guy TAEMIN? Were on the same class, again? Really? “What are you doing? Make room! And you my dear, faster, please?”I then heard Taemin groaned. I hurriedly went to my spot and gathered the painting materials. I wanted to ask someone what are we going to paint but then I realized that the only person who was next to me was Taemin. “What are we going to paint?” I gathered all of my courage and asked him. “You see that flower with a pot right there? That’s the one.” He kindly answered. I was, shocked of course. I mean I thought he was arrogant and all but I never knew he had a kind side. “Thanks.” I said.

I was really trying hard to paint at my best and my beast was enough. My painting is not so outstanding but not bad either. Then I looked at Taemin’s work. I suddenly giggled. Hes work is so cute. Full of effort but not such a good sight to see. He glared at me. “What?” He asked. I answered nothing and looked away.

“I’m not really talented when it comes to art.” He started a conversation. “I can see that.” I giggled. “Sorry.” I said. “I’m not so talented either.” I continued. “Well, your better than me.” I looked at his paint. “Add more colors..” He stared at me with a confused look. “Add colors that will blend to other colors, so that It’ll look better.” I stared back at him. “I don’t care if you won’t take my advice.” I looked away. “No no no- I’ll take it. Thanks” He said, then smiled.