Chapter Two

Wandering Heart

“Sir Baekhyun?”

Baekhyun lifted his head from where he is resting it on his table. That was his secretary. He can see trace of worry on her face.

“Are you okay, sir? It seems like you are not looking good. Is something troubling you?”

Baekhyun dramatically sobbed. Of all the things that his secretary said, three words only registered in his mind. Not looking good.

“Sir?”

He took a tissue and blew his nose. “Don’t mind me. What do you need?”

“Here are the copies of the articles that our writers submitted. All of these need your approval, sir. Sir, your eyeliner is smudged.” His secretary might be confused with his actions earlier but she doesn’t ask anything about it.

Baekhyun took the small mirror in his drawer and he immediately put it back after seeing his reflection. He pulled out more tissues which he dabbed under his eyes. He cannot hide his sentiments anymore so he sobbed louder.

“Damn that man! This is all his fault! He is the reason why I wanted to disappear on this planet!”

“No, sir! Don’t do it!”

He just ignored his secretary. He’s busy being miserable. He suddenly remembered what Yixing told him. “If he’s handsome, why would you need my opinion? Don’t waste my time asking such trivial things.” Baekhyun wasn’t that vain. But he just loves himself. There’s nothing wrong about that, right? Besides, he needs to be a perfectionist because of his job as a fashion editor. The truth is he doesn’t care about what Yixing has said. But he doesn’t understand why he is so affected by it.

 “I’m not ugly.” He mumbled.

“Sir, who told you that?”

“My crazy neighbor.” He crumpled the tissue that he used to wipe his eyes.

“Uh, that’s why he is crazy, right? Who in the right mind would say that you are ugly? For sure he is ugly and insecure with your looks, Sir.”

Baekhyun’s forehead knotted while thinking of his crazy neighbor. Yixing is ugly and insecure? He might have been wearing crumpled clothes, worn out jeans and has a messy hair every time he sees him, he might have a messy appearance but he still looked good for him.

He winced. Why does it seem like he is defending and praising that guy? He removed Yixing’s good image in his mind. But too bad the moment he did it, the feeling of dread returned to him. He sat up straight when he realized something.

“Sir? Are you really okay?” His secretary said to him, worried.

He picked up a bunch of tissue paper and blew his nose in it. Then he picked up his duffle bag on the floor and stood up from his chair. “You take care of everything here. I’ll just do something important.”

“How about the—”

“I said you take care of it. Just don’t mess up. Because if I don’t do what I have to do today, we will all screw up.”

“Okay, Sir. Take care.”

Baekhyun immediately went out of the building. There is only one thing running on his mind.

 


 

Baekhyun pushed the metal gate using his foot. Because he feels that he will get tetanus infection when he touches that rusty gate. It seems like it wasn’t even painted when it was made. Then he continuously banged the closed door.

“Yixing! Get out! We have to talk!” Baekhyun said loudly. And when he saw his hand became dark because of the dust on the door, he used his feet to bang the door. “And don’t you know how to clean your house? My goodness!”

Baekhyun stepped back when the door opened. And after a few seconds, Yixing appeared. As usual, his hair was still in chaos, his glasses askew, his clothes all crumpled, pants torn in the knee areas, and sneakers were still dirty. In normal circumstances, he wouldn’t even dare to look at him. But now that Yixing is in front of him, there something in him that he can’t help but look intently at. There was definitely something in him that made him look y.

“What’s the problem?” Yixing said and clicked his tongue.

“You are my problem! How dare you call me ugly!” Finally, he realized what Yixing has said. Baekhyun stepped near the man.

“That’s the only reason why you’re here?” Yixing gave out a lazy sigh. “You went to the wrong house, mister.” Yixing is about to close the door when Baekhyun stopped him.

“Don’t close the door. We’re not yet done, mister.

Yixing fixed his glasses perched on his sharp nose and let the door open. “Okay. First of all, I didn’t say you’re ugly. Second, you’re not ugly. And third, you’re just crazy.”

“What?”

“Look, I’m trying to live an ordinary and quiet life here. I’m even trying not to let anyone notice my existence. I didn’t say something offensive against you. If I did, then I’m sorry. I don’t mean it. So can you please leave me alone now? Thank you very much and have a very good day.” For the second time that day, Yixing closed the door on his face. And for the second time as well, he didn’t let that happen. This time, he went inside  Yixing’s house and sat on the couch. “I don’t remember inviting you inside my house.”

Baekhyun just ignored Yixing’s remark. He crossed his legs and crossed his arms and placed it on his chest. “I’m having a bad day because of you.” He said. “Did you know I’m having a hard time concentrating on my work because I’m always thinking what you’ve said to me?”

“Which is?”

“I’m not handsome.”

Yixing sighed. “Fine. You’re handsome. Can you leave now?”

“You think it’s that easy?” Baekhyun stared at him. Well, I’m the type of person who can’t stay still when I heard something negative against me. I’m the most fashionable person in this neighborhood so who are you to insult me, huh?”

“You’re really persistent, aren’t you? How many times do I have to tell you that I didn’t say what you accuse me of saying?” Yixing shook his head. “Okay, I’m sorry. I believe you can go now.”

“No.” He insisted. “Your apology is not enough because I believe I can’t keep my mind off it.”

“Well, that’s not my problem anymore.” Yixing approached him and held his arm. “Get up.”

He moved away from Yixing, still sitting on the couch. “No. I won’t leave until…” He glared at the older. “Until you’re not falling in love with me.” He said because he cannot think of anything to say.

“You’re not my type so don’t expect anything.” Yixing looked like he wants to laugh aloud. But of course he didn’t.

Baekhyun sulked even more. It seems like his charms is not effective to a man who doesn’t have standards in men like Yixing. But he shouldn’t brood. He has to regain his confidence, or else he would be miserable all his life.

And he can do it first to Yixing.

He made sure that Yixing will regret calling him ugly. And he will realize that he shouldn’t have rejected him so many times.

“I’m not going to leave until you fall in love with me, Zhang Yixing.”

It was obvious that Yixing was surprised by his sudden declaration. Oh, good. At least, he was able to get back at him somehow.

Now, it’s your turn to be distraught.

Yixing cleared his throat and adjusted his eyeglasses. “I want you to leave. Now.”

“No.”

“I’m not going to fall in love with you no matter what you do.”

“I haven’t done anything, yet,” Baekhyun pointed out. “I’m not going to leave until you don’t take back what you said that I am ugly.”

Yixing placed a hand on his hip and looked at Baekhyun. “Uh-huh. So, you’re saying you’re going to stay here until I fall in love with you?”

“Yes.”

“Okay.”

Baekhyun was taken aback when Yixing removed his shirt in front of him. “W-what are you doing?” He asked nervously.

“I’m changing my clothes.”

“Don’t strip in front of me!”

“This is my house. And this is what I do inside my own home.” Yixing was able to fully remove his shirt. “If you don’t want to be scandalized, you can go.”

But Baekhyun stayed on his seat and he almost breaks out a sweat with what he is seeing. Yixing may have a messy fashion sense, but he had a super hot body! With that type of body, he can even be a model.

Bless me, Father, for I have sinned…

He shook his head to help him clear his mind. He cannot let himself be affected of Yixing’s hot body. He knows that Yixing did that so that he will leave and not return forever. But it will not happen anytime. Because he likes nice bodies like Yixing’s.

“I have a wife and a child. If they saw you, I’m sure there will be a huge scandal and my family will be destroyed.” Yixing said when he noticed that Baekhyun felt excitement instead of fear when he removed his shirt. Yixing brushed up his tousled hair away from his face.

“You know what, Yixing. You should’ve lied better. Everyone in our neighborhood knows that you don’t even have a boyfriend or a girlfriend.” Baekhyun laughed. “You can’t make me go away like that, Yixing. You have a sin and I want you to pay for it. I’ll make you fall for my charms, Zhang Yixing. I will take back the self-confidence that you took away from me.”

“Whatever.” Yixing just threw his shirt beside Baekhyun and went to his room. If Baekhyun didn’t felt his neck ache, he won’t realize that his gaze is following Yixing.

“Ouch!” He massaged his neck. And after a while, a smile is slowly forming on his lips. “Hmm, you think you can scare me away with your stripping, huh? Well, sorry to break this to you, Yixing. If that’s what you will do, I will only not smile. I will enjoy it as well.” He might have relish staying in Yixing’s house if he will always offer a “live show” to him.

Baekhyun shook his head. He seems like a person who is so deprived of seeing handsome men with great bodies when in fact he is always surrounded by them because they are always in the office of the fashion magazine that he is working at. He doesn’t really know why he’s not contented with those men. He is still looking for someone when he is already surrounded by those men. Some of the male models are more handsome yet he is still looking for someone else. Maybe he’s not satisfied with someone with just a handsome face. He wants someone who has a character. Just like the men that were the center of his attention before.

Just like Yixing? His mind supplied.

That’s what he’s confused of. Yixing is way more different than his ideal man. Yes, he might have the character but he wasn’t that good-looking. Was it his mysterious aura? And when is that geek became mysterious?

Baekhyun looked beside him when his hand touched a shirt. Frowning, he took it and looked for a place to put it. That’s when he was able to take a good look at Yixing’s house. It was messy. Just like the owner. And because he is a person who is obsessed in being neat and orderly, he cannot stand to be in that kind of place. But instead of leaving, he picked up all the things that he thinks is trash.

As the minutes go by, the things that he sees as junk are also increasing. So, he put down his bag, took off his coat, and folded the sleeves of his long sleeved shirt. He wanted to scream. “Damn it! How can anyone live in this dump?” he said through gritted teeth. He angrily threw on the couch the shirt that he saw under the floor.

He is easily pissed off when he sees dirty and messy places so he used his obsession to cleanliness to Yixing’s house. He won’t be surprised if he was able to put the older on the trash as well.

 


Hello! Thank you for subscribing, commenting and upvoting to this story ❤