Chapter Ten

Wandering Heart

Baekhyun felt like he was splashed with cold water when he heard what Yixing has said. He had heard him say those words twice, but it still had the same effect on him. And maybe because his love for him was always there and it never really faded. Even for a second.

“Yes, I love you.” Yixing said for the third time. And from the looks of it, it seems like Yixing doesn’t have any plans of stopping on saying those words to him. “I think I’ve always been in love with you ever since I first saw you walk in front of my house. It’s been a long time ago and I’m pretty sure you don’t remember it. You greeted and smiled at me that day.” Yixing reminded him.

“I… remember that one. You ignored me.” Baekhyun replied.

“Sorry about that. And being greeted by the most handsome man in the neighborhood, smiling at me like that, I was just stunned. I mean, I was feeling like that day. I wasn’t able to comb my hair nor even taken a bath when you saw me. So I cannot believe that a deity like you in everyone’s eyes will spare a glance to a mere mortal like me.”

Baekhyun doesn’t know if he should smile or frown with what he just heard. Him, a deity? Yixing looked up to him too much. But he is happy to learn that that it was the reason why he wasn’t able to return his greeting.

“I wanted to get to know you. I wanted to be close to you like how you are with our other neighbors.”

“If that’s true, then why didn’t you do it?”

“I just didn’t have enough time. And besides, I was too shy to approach you again because I thought you hated me when I ignored you when you greeted me. Plus, you only look at handsome guys. I’m way out of your league.”

“If you are, then why do you look like that?”

“I told you, I changed because of you. Before, I really don’t care about how I look. I was too busy with my work to waste time on how I look. But when you approached me in Viva Polo, I knew that instant that I wanted to change. I just thought if ever you like me, is it because you really like me or is it because of what you see?”

“I really don’t know you personally so maybe I was able to like you only because of how you look. But like I've said, I’m not that dense. That’s the reason why I fell in love with you, Yixing.”

“What?”

“Don’t tell me you didn’t know.”

“No…”

“Now, who’s dense?”

It seems like Yixing doesn’t have an idea that he loves him. He looked really surprised and pleased at the same time. But Yixing just remained rooted on where he is standing. It seems like he still has something to say and he doesn’t have any plans on going near him until he isn’t finished on what he will say.”

“I don’t know what more should I say to you, Baekhyun. All I know is that I love you and I’m really happy that I heard you say those words to me as well.”

“I have a question.”

“Yes?”

“Why are you telling me that when you have a girlfriend?”

“Girlfriend?” Yixing gave him one of those dimpled smile of his. “Do you think I would torture myself chasing after you and confess my feelings for you in the middle of the road if I already have a girlfriend?”

“I don’t know. That’s why I’m asking you.” Baekhyun shrugged. Damn it! If ever Yixing is just playing with him…

“My girlfriend and I broke up a long time ago.”

Baekhyun was surprised with what he heard. “I-if that’s true, why did you say that you have a girlfriend?”

“Because I don’t want you to know how much you affect me. If you know about my feelings, you might’ve laughed at me.”

“And why would I laugh at you? You’re so mean. I’m not that bad.”

“I know. It doesn’t look like it but you’re one of the nicest people that I have met. I just realized it when I saw you outside that laundry shop while your high school friend is insulting you. You never did mention anything bad, not even once, against her. Even when you said that she should just buy a new car when I intentionally spilled coffee on it. You don’t have any intention besides helping. Even when you cleaned my house and cooked for me, you didn’t even complain once. You didn’t even gloat at me.”

“I like fussing over your house.”

“And I’m thankful for that. Because I get to know you better. That you’re the person I shouldn’t be avoiding. Instead, you’re a man that should be loved by everyone. You’re not just a pretty face, Baekhyun. You also have a big heart. I’m sorry if I didn’t realize it soon. I’m sorry if I’m just looking at your appearance.”

“Sorry? You should be saying sorry. If you just looked past my appearance, I might’ve gotten a boyfriend soon.”

Yixing chuckled. He was more relaxed now and his cheeks had slowly gone back to their normal color. And his heart melted at the sight.

“So… the only reason you are being mean to me is because you want to hide your real feelings?”

Yixing nodded shyly.

“Ah, that’s why Yongho ahjussi has been telling me that you’re always asking him about me.”

“Baekhyun…”

“Yes?”

“I never called you ‘ugly’.”

It’s his turn to smile shyly. “That was my fault. I was frustrated with my own love life that I thought wrongly about things. Sorry about that.”

“Don’t. It’s because of that mistake that you went all the way to my house and declared to everyone that you won’t leave until I won’t fall in love with you.”

“Which is useless because you already fell for me at the start.”

“Yes, so why are you still leaving? If the kids didn’t tell me you’re going to the airport, I wouldn’t know.”

“I told you I’m leaving the country, right?”

“You told me you’re just doing the initial interview.”

“Ah, so if the kids didn’t tell you I’m going to the airport, you wouldn’t go after me?”

“Not really. I was about to go to your house when I saw those children.”

“You’re going to my house?”

“I just want to know why you still don’t like me even though I’m handsome enough for you.” Yixing raised his hand when he opened his mouth to say something. “Let me finish. This is the last. I was confused with your reaction at Viva Polo. I thought you will be happy with how I changed my appearance. Because you’re always seeing my hair and my glasses.”

“Because I like them about you.”

“Well, you didn’t tell me.”

“Why didn’t you ask?”

“How the heck should I know? When you promised you would seduce me, what did you do? You asked me if I have cousins who are single and available for you to date.”

“Well, why did you give me one?”

“Because I don’t want to see you sad. Good thing you didn’t like Jackson.”

“Duh! Why the hell would I like someone if you’re always on my mind? I just didn’t realize it sooner. But it still counts, right?”

“Is it the same reason why you declined Jongdae’s offer to go out with him?” A mischievous smile curved the corner of Yixing’s lips.

“Yes. You’re the reason of that as well.”

“You really do love me, huh!” The mischievous smile turned into a satisfied one.

“You want me to take it back?”

“No.” Yixing immediately said. He started to walk towards him. “I’ve always been afraid of showing my feelings for you. Because I feel that I’m way out of your league.”

“But you took the risk last night, right? When you… kissed… me.”

“Yeah.” Yixing was grinning now as he stopped right in front of him. “I guess I won’t hide my feelings anymore. After you kissed me when I showed you the most beautiful music that I have made.”

“Speaking of that day, did you know that was the first time I confessed to you?” Baekhyun matched Yixing’s grin.

“Really?”

“You didn’t hear me?”

“I had my earphones stuck on my ears.” Yixing furrowed his eyebrows. “You were confessing?”

“Yes!”

“I thought you were just scolding me so I turned the volume of my music to the highest level.”

Baekhyun just rolled his eyes. But he wasn’t able to retort when Yixing pulled him by the nape and kissed him. Hard. He was even surprised but after that, he felt nothing but Yixing’s warm lips on his. It wasn’t like the last time. No, this is way better than last night. Because now, their feelings for each other are evident.

To someone who have said “Love is a risk and happiness is a choice”, they are correct. Because now, he chose to be happy and risked his heart to falling in love. It was just a bonus that the man that he love also loves him back. It was really great to fall in love. He can proudly say to everyone that he has found the man whom he chose to love, just like how his friends found their love.

Because today, he would finally rest his wandering heart.

 

So yeah, this is finally the end. Or not. I was thinking of making an epilogue with the other couples (SeKai and ChanSoo). I would like to apologize if this chapter took so long, I was hit with a massive writer's block. 

To everyone, we are facing this pandemic and the only thing that I would like to say is stay safe, wash your hands and please for the love of God DO NOT panic buy and DO NOT hoard supplies. Washing your hands is still the most effective way to kill the virus.

Thank you so much for supporting this series.

Image result for baekxing gif

Image result for baekxing gif

Image result for baekxing gif

Image result for baekxing gif

Image result for baekhyun yixing gif

Image result for baekhyun yixing gif