OBE

Everlasting Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was walking in circles non stop for an hour in the narrow living room at second floor. He was a nerve wrecks: twining his hands, biting his nails and a lot of sighs coming out of his lips. He was feeling exactly like a beast trapped in a cage.
Yeontan was following all his steps, the tiny toungue sticking out a little. After that night there hadn't been any new attempt to take him away.
V winced when the door of the living room opened.
"So? What did you do with him?" he asked very anxious.
"He's still down there in the garage" RM replied in a calm tone. V got near him and whispered in a worried way:
"What? What if they find out?"
The other boy smiled:
"Don't worry, it's not like we're watched by secret cameras. Besides the man you  killed" he drew quotation marks in the air "was a robot"
V looked like he had just seen a ghost.
"A r-robot...?" he stuttered astonished.
"An android" his friend specified.
At that point the boy felt all his fears and anxiety slide away along his body: he hadn't killed anybody.
But immediately after new worrying thoughts were filling his head.
"It was a OBE city guard. If they find it in your garage we'll be in big troubles anyway" he pointed out whilst making nervous gestures with his hands.
"When the suit shorted the localitazion chip also got damaged" RM put a hand on V's shoulder "They won't even realize it's gone"
At that point a deep and relieved sigh came out of V's mouth.
"Would you like to come down with me and have a look at it?" the older asked.
"What will you make of it now?" he asked, now visibly curious.
"I've always dreamed of having an android to study it. One day I hope to be able to create one by myself but they're a type of technology very difficult to recreate without a base or a guide first" RM answered going down the stairs that leaded to the garage.
V began to walk downstairs too right behind his friend followed at short distance by Yeontan which was carefully hopping from one step to the next one.
RM approched his worktable, on which the android was lying, and started to work on it with a screwdriver.
The scene made V think about a mad scientist studying a corpse and a sudden shiver ran down his spine.
"I want to know why an OBE soldier wanted to kidnap Yeontan" RM muttered by himself.
His words shook V away from his dark thoughts. He glanced at the little Pomeranian which stared back at him with two big hazel eyes full of curiosity.
"Do you think it's the city guard behind the pets' kidnappings?" V asked.
"It's just a theory but..." the boy stopped working and turned to him with a dead serious expression plastered on his face.
"Yes"
Before V could say something he added:
"Think about that: you said that once the android caught Yeontan he vanished into thin air immediately after"
"No evidence of infringement, fight or traces..." V completed the sentence slightly shocked.
"Moreover I just realized the rumors about disappearences started around the time OBE was established by the Price of Dr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter