I need my friend back

Everlasting Dream
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Thanks to the Prince of Dreams we're entering a golden age. The wealth economy started with positive numbers this year and the quality of life is raising up fast. Streets are more and more safe due to the foundation of the new efficient military force: the so called OBE which stands for Outstanding Benefical Establishment. These specialized city guards forbid any crime-"
"Yeah, indeed" sarcastically commented Suga turning the plasm TV off and throwing the remote next to him on the sofa.
In that exact moment his phone, which he had left on the tea table, started to ring. He grabbed it reluctantly and read the name on the display: Jimin.
He slowly slid his index finger on the screen and a little hologram immediately appeared in front of him.
"Hyung, how's going?" asked the boy while waving at him, his voice altered because of the device sounded a bit robotic.
Suga sighed:
"As always"
"No news yet?" went on the other in a worried tone.
He simply shook his head in denial.
"I see. Even RM didn't find anything yet. I called him before you"
"I'm not surprised at all: once they vanished there's no trace of them anymore"
A long minute of silence between the two before Suga said:
"You're lucky: at least you know yours is dead"
Jimin's hologram made a little grimace of disagreement.
"I'm not sure which one is the best option to be honest"
Suddenly Suga's phone produced a loud biping sound.
"Another call is coming for you. I'm gonna hung up now" Jimin said.
"No it's J-Hope. You can stay a little longer" replied the other.
Some seconds later a second hologram materialized itself near the previous one.
"Any news?" the voice of the just joined boy was coming out loud through the device booming a little.
"We were talking about it just now" Jimin informed him.
"This situation is not normal. A mass of pets can't disappear into thin air!" J-Hope complained shooking his head vigorously.
"We know that too" Suga ironically pointed out.
"By the way it happened again" the other boy said in an embittered tone.
Suga adjusted himself on the sofa with his back more straight and feeling the tension embracing the room became more stiff.
"Who is it this time?" he asked anxiously.
J-Hope's face became really gloomy:
"Cloudy and Tinkerbell, last night. No evidence" he cripticly said.
Suga sighed resigned and collapsed again on the sofa.
Cloudy was Jungkook's maltese dog and Tinkerbell was SinB's striped cat.
"Oh no Jungkookie was so fond of his dog!" Jimin exclamed terribly worried "When rumors about these mysterious disappearences began to circulate he kept saying to me that he'd have been totally lost if she'd have been vanished too"
"Yes also SinB is a nerve wreck right now" J-Hope confirmed.
"I seriously don't understand why daily news doesn't talk about all of this" Jimin muttered to himself puzzled.
"Because governement it's obviously involved" Suga replied. The sure and nonchalant way he said that left Jimin astonished.
"What? What are you saying?"
"Didn't you realized yet? On TV all they do is praising this new governement and the Prince of Dreams. The amount of disappearences of domestic pets reached numbers that are impossible to ignore anymore. Everyone talks about it, every single person is afraid their pet will be nex

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter