Year Ten

Ten Christmases With You

 

 


 

Year Ten

 

Mrs. Park was very surprised when Chanyeol offered to help decorate the house this year. But she relented and let her son run around the house, pinning tinsel and holly on the walls and the doorways.

 

Yoora eyed him suspiciously as he did so. “Why are you helping out this year? Did you do something bad? Are you trying to get into mom and dad’s good graces?”

 

Chanyeol gave his sister a sour look. “I’m not you, noona,” he retorted.

 

Yoora glared at him but didn’t argue. She simply huffed and walked away.

 

Chanyeol used his height to his advantage as he strung up some lights on the frame of the doorway of the guest room.

 

He paused and glanced around quickly to make sure he was the only one in the hallway and then pulled something out of his pocket.

 

He neatly tied the sprig of mistletoe up onto the center of the doorway and then grinned giddily to himself.

 

He would do it tonight.

 

He was going to confess to Li Wei Lin.

 

 

As usual, Chanyeol was having a really hard time keeping his eyes off Wei Lin at the dinner table. She laughed at something Yoora had said and a smile automatically tugged at Chanyeol’s lips.

 

His heart seemed to race as Mrs. Park cleared up the table and started plating the dessert.

 

They were almost done with dinner and once they had the traditional hot cocoa and gift exchange session out of the way, Chanyeol would finally confess to Wei Lin.

 

He had no idea how he’d even start doing it.

 

Despite all the planning he’d done and all the lines he had rehearsed in front of his bathroom mirror, his mind drew a complete blank as he gazed at the black haired beauty sitting across from him.

 

Wei Lin turned her head then, lips still stretched into a grin, and locked eyes with him.

 

Chanyeol froze.

 

Wei Lin’s grin softened until she was smiling shyly at him.

 

Chanyeol swallowed.

 

If dinner didn’t end soon, he was pretty sure his heart would burst right out of his ribcage.

 

 

“I’m going to head to bed,” Wei Lin told Yoora, unaware about the man eavesdropping on the conversation.

 

Chanyeol perked up at her words, sitting up slowly on the couch.

 

Yoora nodded with a smile. “Good night,” she bid.

 

The two watched the Chinese girl leave the living room after she waved at the two.

 

Chanyeol counted exactly twenty seconds before he stood up, faking a yawn and stretching his arms over his head.

 

“I’m tired too,” he announced. Yoora gave him an odd look. “See you tomorrow, noona.”

 

He didn’t wait for her reply before he walked out of the room, maintaining a slow gait just until he was out of his sister’s sight. He then made a mad dash up the stairs and towards the guest room.

 

“Wei Lin,” Chanyeol hissed before the girl could enter the guest room.

 

She jumped and turned to him with wide eyes.

 

Chanyeol in a nervous breath. “Um, I wanted to talk to you about something,” he muttered, hesitantly.

 

“Okay?” Wei Lin cocked a brow patiently.

 

“Okay, so the thing is,” Chanyeol paused. He cleared his throat. “I mean, I wanted to —”

 

Wei Lin watched Chanyeol struggle with his words.

 

“Chanyeol, we can talk tomorrow,” she offered, seeing that he was unsure.

 

She turned back to enter her room.

 

“No!” Chanyeol blurted, grabbing her by her elbow and turning her around.

 

He didn’t let his brain overthink the situation anymore and acted on pure instinct, swooping down to capture Wei Lin’s lips.

 

Wei Lin stumbled in surprise, but Chanyeol’s arm quickly wrapped around her waist.

 

It took her sleepy mind a good minute to realize something simple and obvious.

 

Park Chanyeol was kissing her.

 

As soon as the thought arrived, the tall male was pulling away, looking at her with nervous, unsure eyes.

 

Wei Lin bit her lower lip, causing his eyes to dart down to it.

 

A blush burned both their faces.

 

She felt like she could still feel the warmth and softness of Chanyeol’s lips against her own.

 

“I-I didn’t —” Chanyeol stuttered to fill in the awkward silence. “It was just —”

 

He pointed up and blurted, “Look, a mistletoe!”

 

Wei Lin tilted her head back to look at the sprig hanging right above her doorway. She turned back to Chanyeol who was rubbing his neck, shyly.

 

“Did you only kiss me because of the mistletoe?” she asked, her voice soft but lined with a teasing lilt.

 

Chanyeol blushed. “N-No,” he admitted.

 

A mischievous grin settled on Wei Lin’s lips. She placed her hands on Chanyeol’s chest, grabbing fistfuls of his sweater and tugging him down till his face was level with hers.

 

“Neither did I,” she whispered against his lips before drawing him into their second kiss of the night.

 

 

 

 


THE END.

 

Merry Christmas everyone! Thank you for sticking with this story and for all the comments, subscribes and upvotes <3

Special thanks to alexajjang and Jrvg98; you guys were the biggest encouragement and your comments really made my days :)