One

Count Every Star

The forest was dark around him. He tried his best to hurry, to avoid looking around at the dark foreboding shapes of the trees looming above him, the lantern in his hand flickering as he rushed along the woodland path. 

With a jolt, he came to a stop. 'Oh my Gods,' he stammered, staring in horror down the cliff, imagining what would have happened had he taken one more step. 

He frowned. 'This can't be right. I must have gotten lost.'

He was silent for a moment. 

'Help!' He gasped as realization dawned. He was lost, alone in a huge and dangerous forest at midnight. What was he going to do? 

A light in the trees nearby caught his eye. His heart full of hope, he hurried toward it, as silently as possible. 

He pounced, his hands touching a solid form, and together with the person he had caught, he tumbled to the forest floor. He heard them panting beneath him, and he opened his eyes.....

......and screamed. 

The person below him was glowing. Actual light, soft and golden, hovered all around his form. He had his face to the ground, so it couldn't be seen, but he wasn't sure he wanted to see it. 

'Please let me breathe,' the person managed. 

'Oh, I'm sorry.' He climbed off, but did not loosen his hold on the person he'd caught. 

Then he saw something else crazy. 

'Are those....wings?'

'Not very good ones, I'm afraid.' The voice was sad. 'I don't fit in well with these. But thanks for noticing. What district are you from?'

'What the hell?'

'I said-' the young man turned, and they both gasped. 

Junmyeon had never in his life seen anyone so beautiful. Soft blonde hair fell gently over the most perfect face to ever appear before him, shocked but beautiful eyes meeting his for an instant, then looking away. The sentence that slipped between the pouty pink lips was enough to nearly knock Junmyeon over. 'Are you a fairy? But- you don't have wings. And you're too pretty.'

'You're a fairy?' Junmyeon's mouth fell open. 

'You're not?' 

'Of course not! I'm Junmyeon, 100% human, if you're a fairy I'm definitely not, you're incredibly beautiful,' Junmyeon stuttered. 

'But- but you're incredibly beautiful!'

They stared at each other for a second. Then the fairy said softly, 'You must be tired. You can spend the night in Violet District if you wish.'

'What's Violet District?' 

The fairy looked sad. He answered, 'It used to be my home.' 

Junmyeon stayed silent for a moment.  Then he ventured, 'How will we get there?'

The fairy whistled.

Out of the sky dropped two drops of white light, solidifying into human forms in an instant and gradually fading until they no longer shone. They looked at Junmyeon and blinked. 

'Sehun's got himself a boyfriend? Miracles do happen,' one of them drawled, his thin lips curling into a catlike smile.

'Shut up, Jongdae.' The fairy- Sehun- blushed. 'He's a stranger. He's lost, I think.'

'Poor darling,' the other cooed. His voice was kinder than Jongdae's, but the twinkle in his eyes was the same. 'Which district are you?' 

'I'm human,' Junmyeon stammered.

There was silence. 

'Oh my Gods!' Jongdae screeched. 'A human for a boyfriend! Sehun, how did you do it?'

'He's not my boyfriend!'

'Hear that, Minseok? He's human! Our Sehunnie is very lucky and very smitten!' 

Minseok smirked. 'Sehun, your heart is glowing the purple aura. You know what that means...'

'Your soulmate is close by!' The two shout at once.

'Oh, please.' Sehun blushed again. 'Let's just go.'