[2]

Daily Dose of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You okay Meiqi?" 

Yui tenderly helped Meiqi sit up on the hospital bed, careful not to cause anymore injuries. A gentle smile flashed across Yui's face and she handed Meiqi a glass of water that sat on the table besides them. Yui carefully wiped the water that dripped down Meiqi's chin with a tissue and set the empty glass before making sure Meiqi was comfortable enough on the bed. A baby pink colour dusted Meiqi's cheeks and she diverted her eyes somewhere else when Yui looked at her.

"You scared me you know?" Yui muttered. "I thought I lost you."

"Ha, sorry~" Meiqi laughed softly, trying to lighten the atmosphere. "What did the doctors say?"

Yui stayed silent for a few seconds, which scared Meiqi, but Yui was quick to reassure her that she is alright. 

"They just said that you've been smoking too much, so you didn't get enough oxygen and you passed out." 

Meiqi's eyes grew dark and she stayed mum, her fingers digging into the blanket. Yui brushed the stray strands of red hair out of Meiqi's face and patted her head like a mother would do to a child with a grin on her face.

"Don't worry Meiqi, I'm not going to let anything bad happen to you." Yui's words soothed Meiqi's shaken heart. "From now on, let's quit smoking."

Meiqi nodded her head, knowing that it is the best decision so she reached into her pockets but realised that she had hospital clothes on. Yui noticed that Meiqi was visibly shocked so she spoke up.

"Oh I already chucked away the cigarettes." Yui said. "And if you're wondering, I changed you since I didn't trust those nurses and doctors."

Meiqi's face turned into a deep shade of red at the thought of Yui seeing her body . A squeal escaped and made Yui jolt in surprise. 

"W-Wait you changed me?!" Meiqi shrieked. 

"Y-Yeah, what's wrong about that?" Yui was clearly confused at the matter. "Did you not like it? S-Sorry."

Meiqi breathed slowly, trying to calm down her erratic heart and punched Yui on the arm, eliciting a loud groan from the latter. Yui cowared in fear for a while as Meiqi glared her down, rubbing her arm to soothe the pain. A pout appeared on Yui's face and Meiqi had to use all her self-restraint to not squeeze her cheeks.

"Oww.." Yui whimpered. "That hurts Meiqi..."

"...I'm sorry~" Meiqi apologised and beckoned for Yui to come closer. "It was harder than I expected~"

Meiqi laughed when she squished her cheeks together until Yui's face was distorted weirdly, however, they immediately recoiled when the door opened. Yui coughed and straightened up her clothes as somebody walked in. To her surprise, it was Luda. Growling softly, Yui narrowed her eyes at Luda who just looked at her with no expression.

"A word with you Yui?" Luda asked and walked outside. 

"Who is she?" Meiqi asked curiously, clinging onto her arm. "What does she want?"

"Hm, don't know." Yui hummed and pried the fingers off her arm. "Don't worry, I'll be right back."

Yui stepped outside to meet Luda who was leaning against the marble walls with her arms crossed in front of her chest. Of course, Yui had Meiqi treated at the most prestigious hospital that didn't even put a small dent in her bank account. 

"What do you want?" Yui deadpans. 

"We're going to go eat dinner tonight." Luda says with a small smile. 

A scoff slipped out of Yui's lips and she rolled her eyes.

"And who said that I agreed to it?"

"It wasn't a question, it was a statement." Luda said and grabbed Yui's hand, pulling her away further away from Meiqi's room. "Come on."

"W-Wait! B-But Meiqi!" 

Yui was practically dragged outside by Luda who wouldn't let go even if the world ended. Only when they went outside did Yui yank her arm away from Luda. She turned around with a questioning face, asking why she did that.

"What do you mean?!" Yui was furious to say the least. "You can't just ing drag me anywhere you want!"

Luda's eyebrows creased together and she huffed out a huge breathe. 

"Alright, let's make a deal then." Luda suggested. "Let's just have dinner tonight and I'll leave you alone for a day. Deal?"

"...Make it two days." Yui bargained and Luda

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter