Kokobop: The Beginning

Don't wanna fall in love

"Mhm..." Chanyeol looked around, his eyelashes felt like they were glued, "Where am I?" he brushed the fresh green grass around him, it was so hot...His eyes fell particularly on the unknown piece of clothing, a blue shirt with an antique pink shirt on top, both short sleeved and a pair of straight denim jeans. "W-What am I wearing?! Why am i on the floor?" He could see from the length of his bangs that his hair were pink shaded, differently from his usual silver bleached look.

"I'm going crazy!" He slapped his own face, letting his head hit the floor. Suddenly, an almost inaudile sound of leafs brushing woke Chanyeol's senses, "WHO'S THERE!?" He jumped up, brushing off the dirt on his new pants, when have I ever even dressed like this!?

A young looking man remained silent, staring at him as he slowly walked forward. "H-Hey are you my kidnapper? Or are you here to save me?" Chanyeol stuttered.

"How did you get...here?" The brunette muttered, his voice was very quiet. "I don't know! I just woke up...here!" He gestured the ground as the other shushed him.

"Follow me." and Chanyeol did as he was told, walking slightly bowed towards the shorter man. When he got so close he could hear the other's heavy breathing, he was surpised by the strenght of his pinches, "You need to escape...FAST" the man said. He looked extremely soft, his green shirt complimented his light brown hair which also complimented his beautiful freakles on his honey skin. Inside of the shirt, he was wearing a yellow shirt together with a pair of blue denim jeans, which Chanyeol was thankful of, otherwise he would have thought that he was just a floating head around the many bushes. He's never seen someone with such a soft aesthetic and such...painful strenght. What did he just say anyway?

"Wait- what?" how embarassing. I got so focused on this man's odd looks that I completely forgot what he was talking about!

 

"KYUNGJAAAAAA!" A fruity voice resounded in the almost-infinte looking green lawn, "!" He spitted, "W-What? Am in danger? Who was that?" The taller man frenetically looked around. "You ask too many questions! Listen, come with me. Act friendly and do NOT eat." He rushed towards the place the voice came from and Chanyeol tried his best to follow the man's quick and trained movements aroud the bushes. "Y-Your name is Kyungja!" He breathed out, regretting not exercising during summer break. "Kyungsoo, very insightful by the way. You sure you're older than me?"  The man walked way slower now, that probably meant they were getting closer...Right?

"Wait- how do you know I'm older than you?" 

"I just made an assumption." 

"Oh...Okay, so- about the 'don't eat' thing I-"

"THE MAN! THE LEGEND!" Oh. Chanyeol didn't realise they just got to a little village. Little was an odd way to put it- the village was just...disturbing? There was a man reading a book on the floor and another one sleeping on the way-too-perfect grass. The one who weirded him out the most was sitting on a bench staring at a glass filled with ice, smiling widely and letting out a few chuckles every few seconds.

"Yeah everything's fine. Hey you! I asked you what's your name!" The stranger looked at him, a hidden smile was forming on his lips. "Park Chanyeol, sir." He bowed, staring at the man's impressive looks, did everyone wear these types of clothing in this village? The man was wearing a colourful shirt with nothing beneath it, showing cleverage on his muscular chest. His hair was black with a few strands of red. He also noticed the man had a beautiful tattoo! It was a big branch with little leafs all over the right side of his neck, although his mullet covered the most of it. That got him thinking, where did all of MY tattoos even go!? He panicked for a few seconds but tried his best not to show it at the same time.

"Kyungsoo is your friend okay? Has he...?" The man gestured the action of someone who was drinking, "No Baekhyun, he's just...new." The stranger's eyes widened at that. "You mean we got a new member!? Does this mean Yixing's like-" 

"Of course not, don't say dumb like that. He's fine. Chanyeol's just...new, he's here to help us." 

"Really?! Ahhh! I'm so happy!" Baekhyun suddenly embraced the taller who was too filled by new informations to even notice that the man (who got him blushing ever since he saw him) was now touching him in a way he's never been touched before.

"So Chanyeol, do you drive?" He winked at him, Chanyeol felt uncomfortably tight in the other's embrace, "Y-Yes!" His eyes looked around, did Baekhyun notice he's been staring at that y Mercedes parked on the grass a few meters behind them? "I knew it! You totally like a dude who loves cars and rides! Right Kyungsoo?" He smiled charmingly, his eyes forming cute half moon shapes. "I guess...Anyways, I'm going to check on the others." Kyungsoo walked away, earning a pout from the man who was still hugging Chanyeol, just slightly less tightly. "He's always serious but it's all an act! He is an adorable softie!" Baekhyu turned around to face the other who immediately blushed hard at how close he felt.

"Let's go for a ride then baby!" Baekhyun left the embrace, gesturing him to follow him. "W-Whe- Oh right!" a pair of keys suddenly flew on the sky, thanks to his quick reflexes he was able to catch them.

 


 

It was getting darker, he didn't even know what time it was, all he knew is that he strictly followed the 'don't eat' rule Kyungsoo ordered him, he was naive but he wasn't stupid after all. So now he was loungin on the backseat, topless, with his new friend next to him...also topless, a light blanket from the backseat being the only thing covering them from the sudden summer breeze.

"It's weird isn't it?" Chanyeol got startled at that, they've been sitting there in the quiet for an infinite amount of time since Chanyeol admitted to himself he still wasn't ready to lose his ity (especially to the first hottie coming around the corner.)  Still, he still didn't know whether he was dreaming, dead or whatever else? Anyways...Did Baekhyun just break the ice!?

"What do you mean?" They both stared at the sky which was full of stars, probably thinking about extremely different topics. "You're the one who's been here the least time, isn't this place weird? I bet where you come from is way different." He slowly reached for the other's hands, his fingers were way rougher, way thicker than his. His figers were long and slender, the only thing that kept them from looking almost unhuman was the 'flaw' on his toe, a small mole who decided to sit there on a day like everyother Baekhyun can't recall. 

"Trees look fake from how perfect they are, the flowers all bloom, the air is perfectly clean and the water is crystal clear. Nothing dies in this village. There are no flaws. Everyone's happy and you never hear a sigh." Baekhyun sighed, proving his own words wrong. "You must be hungry." He looked at the taller with apologetic eyes, the stars looking like ugly dots compared to the view in front of him, "N-No! I'm fine, don't worry." Chanyeol slowly caressed the other's arm, hoping his true emotions didn't show. "Your belly growled before, When I undressed you..." Chanyeol's face suddenly turned deeply red, damn it! "You know your stomach can growl when you're thirsty too? ahaha...Don't worry Baekhyun! I'm not hung-"

"I know you don't want to because of the Kokobop, Kyungsoo told you didn't he?" His tone turned extremely deep and if only Chanyeol knew what the hell he was talking about, he'd probably be even more scared. "W-What's  a Kokobop?" He genuinely wondered. With that last comment, Baekhyun's eyes widened; it wasn't shock, it wasn't confusion, it was pure...fear. "You need to leave." He said, sighing, "W-What do you mean?" 

"Are you one of them? That'd be such a ing luck for me." Baekhyun chuckled to himself, his gaze staring at their wrapped fingers, "One of what? Does anyone in this village ever ing end their senteces?!" Baekhyun tsked at that, turning his face towards Chanyeol, "Why do you look so sad and so descouraged now?" Chanyeol said, his tone was calmer as he placed his cold hand on the other's hot cheek. Baekhyu remained silent, his expression was unreadable. "What's Kokobop? Is someone trying to hurt you? I'm not them and I promise I'm being legit. I won't leave unless you tell me." He tried his best to give him a reassuring smile, but he probably miserably failed knowing his acting skills during serious moments.

"I'm sorry Chanyeol. I shouldn't have reacted that way, I'm just very tired." He said, covering his eyes with his foreharm as he relaxed his neck backwards on the seat.

"Will you explain to me...please?"

Baekhyun simply nodded.

 


 

"It's not a person. A devil force forces us to eat substances to drug us just so we don't try to escape. It's everywhere, in the water, the plants, the fruits, the food, everything. My friends have been all drugged since we got here. They see themselves using superpowers, they don't know a thing. Except for me and Kyungsoo."

"Does that mean-"

"The last time me and Kyungsoo got drugged at breakfast, we unconciously didn't eat the rest of the day and found out that our superpowers were all made up in our minds, nothing's real here."

"So you haven't been eating since?"

"It wasn't too long ago, sometimes we end up getting drugged anyway because we need water, but when we stop we remember everything. We're currently trying to discover more about this, Kyungsoo's exploring the village while I check on the others."

"That's very impressive, I'm very confused but I'm also really proud of you two. Is there anything I can do to help you?"

"First, we need to know what's your nature, where you come from and why you're here. If we find out the force knows about you, you'll have to stay with us. Otherwise you're leaving as soon as possible. To discover that, tomorrow you're gonna ask one of my friends if they like your superpower, you'll understand based on their descriptions."

"Clear."

Suddenly, a loud noise came from the man's belly who just blushed at his annoyingly responsive body. "You think you can resist? I'm going to fall asleep next to you here so I can control you. It'll be difficult for me to sleep from the hunger anyways." Baekhyun smiled as he the other's chest, "Won't your friends wonder where you've been?" The taller questioned, which earned him Baekhyun's confident chuckle. "I'm just gonna tell them we had all night long. They're all gonna laugh and forget about it right after anyways." and Chanyeol thought he couldn't be more flustered right now. "That does't have to be a lie if you still...want..." The dark haired man slowly reached the other's thigh with his hand, Chanyeol squeezed his eyes at that. He wasn't ready for it but the man next to him was so hot! He gulped, biting his lips. His words failing to come out of his mouth. "It's okay baby, we can have fun another time. So! What's up? Is something bothering you? Can't get it up? You clearly look like you can but I'm just asking to be respectful I guess." Chanyeol sighed, Yeah, that's an unusual idea of respect! His thoughts melted like honey when he felt the dark haired boy's hand playing with his very sensitive hips. "Help me make the time pass?" He whispered, Baekhyun's seduction skills could make him forget about any hunger issues, if it weren't for the fact that he's been literally-

"I've been thinking about food the whole time" He said all at once, no breathing breaks. The taller shut his eyes, feeling ashamed of himself, Baekhyun just looked at him a little bit perplexed. "But not when you kissed me! I-I loved it! I was just...distracted. I find you very attractive though! It's not like I thought of you as food or anything! I would never, I don't have those types of ual thoughts I swear! Ah ..." He face palmed himself, not believing his own words. Thankfully though, Baekhyun's response was a sweet, loud laugh, "You're so funny! There's no way you would be a spy from the Red Force." Baekhyun kept laughing like that for a few minutes before falling in quietness again.

"Will you stay if it turns out that the Red Force knows about you?" The shorter said, his tone quiet and shy. "Well, I would be VERY confused at first, but I'd eventually try to help you and Kyungsoo leave with the others of course!" 

"What?"

"What...What?" Chanyeol asked, his eyebrows frowning. Did he say something wrong? Suddenly he couldn't remember his own words.

"I've never mentioned the part where we leave. D-Did you really think there was a chance for us to escape the Red Force?"

Chanyeol feared this moment; Baekhyun's tears. He's been preparing for this moment ever since this whole argument started. He's never been good with words when it came to people's emotions, although right now he felt the closest to Baekhyun, he felt like he's known him for so long.

"Of course I thought of it, there has to be a way." Chanyeol forced yet another smile, offering his hand to Baekhyun, who just looked at it without moving a finger, his eyes filled with tears.

"L-Let's sleep, okay? I don't feel like talking about this." Baekhyun said as he rested his head on the other's shoulder.

Chanyeol didn't say a word, he accepted his silence. He accepted the desire of ending it there, because how could he know what have these men been through? 

"Good night, Chanyeol." He whispered, his brittle voice was heartbreaking, he never wanted to hear it again.

"Good night, Baekhyun." this time Chanyeol held his hand tight, they both craved for some love.

 


 

Chanyeol waited a long time before finally hearing the soft sound of a snore from the shorter and when he did, that's when he decided that it was time to go. He slowly moved apart from Baekhyun, at this point Baekhyun's grip on his fingers was loose, so he could easily get off the car without too much effort.

Once he got out, he turned around one last time to look at the sleeping man in the car, he could be killed by the Red Force or even worse, Baekhyun could disappear once returned, but this was something he had to do in order to end this nightmare. 

His mind told him he should run instead of walking, since it'd be harder for anyone to catch him before disappearing, so he did. He ran fast, like he never did before. A few meters from the place he and Baekhyun parked the car, there was a short but large building, there was a sign on the roof but it was too dark to actually read what was written on it. He checked around a few times before entering the huge parking lot in front of him. The place was different from the outside, it looked less colourful. The size of it was oddly large, since after all there were only eight people in the village. Another thing that weirded him out was a red Mercedes parked in front of a white bench in the middle. Did the drugs effects also make it difficult for them to know where the hell they should park their cars in a parking lot?!

Chanyeol tsked, this place was extremely boring and useless. He decided to get going but something caught him off guard; A thud sound came from behind, slowly approaching his back. He immediately stopped walking, raising his hands as if a cop just pointed a gun at him. Chanyeol's heart was beating like crazy, I got caught, I'm gonna die, I got caught They'll kill me! he thought. However, once he stopp hearing those thuds, he slowly turned around while breaking in cold sweats. He could never imagine the terrifying sound was just coming from a basketball that was now sitted in front of him. Cautiously, he started moving the ball around with his foot, checking out if it had any weird traps, but he found nothing.

Where did this even come from!? 

He was scared, very scared. Man, a 19 years old shouldn't suffer from heart attacks, right?! Choosing to explore a little bit, Chanyeol grabbed all of his courage left in him and picked it, bouncing the ball a little bit, suddenly, a flush of memories come back to his mind: He used to love playing basketball, could it be just a coincidence? Does the person who threw this at me know that or was this just a sign? I really ing hope this was only the wind, i wish it was a little bit rougher so I could it excuse it. 

The weather was hot, there was no sign of wind whatsover. Chanyeol trashed that option and decided to go on anyways, if this was gonna be his last day alive then he could at least say he got his stuff done. Was that dumb of him?

He walked more around the building, checking out the outdoor part, if his night sight wasn't failing him, the building was mainly orange coloured, he passed through two doors covered by yellow curtains. He wasn't suicidal enough to peek or open the door, so he just carefully walked past them. After a few steps, he encountered the stairs that eventually brought him to the roof top.This place looks...fun? The first thing he noticed was the absurd positioning of so many random furnishings: A big yellow duck-shaped dinghy with glasses (although he doesn't remember ever seeing a pool), a red washing machine with a cute little courtain on top of it, and a statue of a head on its left, wearing glasses and a flower necklace, plenty of plants, a bunch of umbrellas with deck chairs, a round barbecue grill (which kind of looked like a big orange with stick legs in the dark) and an indicative arrow sign that pointed at a rectangular table with two chairs.

Finding it pretty humourous to see an arrow pointing at a table, Chanyeol walked towards it, the ball still trapped between his chest and forearm. The table had a few filled drinks (that looked like Cola to him) and a lighter at the center of it. Maybe someone left it here, he held the ball tight to take the lighter and the drink both in his hands. He quickly took a sip of it, excusing his bad manners by thinking about all that run he did before. He REALLY needed to drink something.

He then started to analyze the lighter before finding something that petrified him once more: The name 'Chanyeol' was written at the bottom of it. He could not possibily ignore this, this was a clear sign that that mean force Baekhyun talked about knew about him. He had to tell him as soon as possible.

He didn't expect all of this to have such an impact on his feelings, especially because he found himself to be very...angry? His stomach felt like it was curling on its own and his fingers grew sweat as he held the lighter tightly. He was late to notice that he impulsively pressed on the lighter to light it up, burning his palm, "!" He screamed, ", , !" Chanyeol forcefully dropped the lighter on the floor and on his finger, "God Damnit!" With one last burst of anger, Chanyeol bounced the ball harshly on the floor, not expecting the ball to light up in the sky and explode. It didn't make too much noise, it almost sounded like a firecracker. His sudden instincts told him get on the floor and cover his head but at this point he was just shaking over the short thud of a ball exploding.

That must have been just my imagination right?! This can't be real!

Deciding this was way too much for him, he grabbed the lighter on the floor and put it in his pocket, before running back to Baekhyun. 

A lot of thoughts which occurred the options of telling him what the hell just happened or keep it to himself until one of the guys in the village revealed whether he had a superpower or not. That also brought the question to his mind...Where were they? Whatever, he was way too frightened to think about it right now, all he wanted to do is to get to the car and just do whatever his heart felt like doing. Thankfully, his cowardness made his legs quicker, and not after long, Chanyeol arrived back to the car. His muscles felt like they were eating themselves up, missing any nutricious substances. His head was dizzy when he got inside the car.

"Thank God..." he whispered, Baekhyun was still sleeping. He also noticed how his body swallowed the entire blanket. Chanyeol didn't mind though, actually, he just envied him, he was so so tired...

He slipped inside of the blanket together with the heat of Baekhyun's body. He didn't blink twice before he fell asleep, his heart still beating extremely fast.

 


 

When Chanyeol finally woke up, his heart was still beating very quickly but his body surely was sitting on something way different than a car. "What the-?" He his eye before checking out the room.

oh...It was a dream?

The window next to his bed showed the cloudy sky with a hint of yellow. He didn't need to be a scientist to know it was about to rain with thunders (and that this was indeed his college room he shared with Sehun) Chanyeol sighed, of course it was a dream, he couldn't wait to tell Sehun how much of a psycho he's turned into. He took the blankets off of his topless body and headed to the bathroom to wash his face.

Oh man thank goodness I still have my tattoos, Chanyeol sighed in relief.

 He couldn't stop thinking about everything that happened, it all felt too...vivid to be dream. A knock on his door let him snap out of his thoughts, since when did Sehun learn he's supposed to knock before entering a room?

"Door's open! Get in!" He shouted as he dried his face with a towel. "S-Sorry," 

Wait-

Chanyeol quickly rested his towel on his shoulder, taking a tooth brush in his hand as a weapon, you never know these days. He carefully opened the bathroom's door, peeking with his head first, "Who's there?" He shouted, "I-I'm Sehun's classmate from Literature class. I'm Baekhyun." The boy said, his tone quiet and shy. Taking a better look at the man who was now in his room, he couldn't deny the resemblance with the man in his dreams. Cute mole on the left side of his top lip, broad shoulders and puppy-looking eyes. His hair were bleached, a shade lighter than blonde but he still looked totally like him...Plus, his stupid brain only now realises that Sehun did talk and show him a picture of Baekhyun about two weeks ago, that must be the reason why he dreamt of him, right?

"Oh, yeah. I remember now, sorry I was rude." Chanyeol opened the door wide, noticing Baekhyun wouldn't make eye contact or actually look at him at all, he then realised that he was still only wearing weatpants. "No, I should be the one excusing myself, coming here without even texting you first..."

He has my phone number!? Oh right he gave him my phone number that time when Sehun told methat for any needs, his b-boyfriend would come and help in the room?

Ohhhh ! The idea of telling Sehun about the dream immediately crushed in pieces.

"Don't worry! Umh...Sehun usually keeps his books under that desk right there!" Chanyeol pointed out, Baekhyun bowed and rushed to the desk, bending down to check for the book. Never knew Sehun could have such good taste in men, he thought to himself as he reached his closet to pick his next clothes of the day, "Ah...I can't find it!" Baekhyun whined, Chanyeol turned around to check on the boy who was sitting right in front of the desk with his head bended down to avoid hitting the bottom of the desk. "Why is he so disorganized all of the time!" Another whine, but Chanyeol ignored it and walked towards the bathroom. This was none of his business, especially after last night's dream, he really didn't feel like approaching him, "Ah wait! Chanyeol, could you help me please? I beg of you, I have no idea where to look and It'd be too rude of me to just check all over your room." He heard him say, Chanyeol sighed again. "Don't worry about it, I've got nothing to hide." He said, closing the door after him.

Was that mean? why am I acting like this? WHy am I so disappointed...frustrated?

In order to clean those thoughts away, Chanyeol the shower and positioned his clothes on the side of the sink close to his phone that was playing his shower playlist. With one last sigh, Chanyeol removed his clothing and got in the shower, closing the curtain. He didn't want to hear the boy's whines or the mess he was gonna make. If he stole something from him then he might as well look for something with him, he doesn't have that much money either.

At this point it's not gonna last between the two, Baekhyun looked really fed up before, the thought made him laugh. Sehun can be hard to deal with sometimes if you're looking for a simple relationship.

Letting the water rush all over his body, Chanyeol definitely felt more relaxed now, except for the random thoughts of Baekhyun in his dreams, stripping off his shirt while biting his lips...No! I'm a loyal friend and I must never!!! have such dirty thoughts of my best friend's boyfriend! Ever!

After he shampooed and conditioned his hair, he was set to go. He grabbed his bathrobe that was hanged next to the shower and wrapped it all over his body. He got out of the shower (which looked more like a small bathtub), and stopped the music. Ten seconds didn't pass before he heard the man knocking on his door again, did he wait for me to finish!? "What is it!?" Chanyeol shouted, this was getting annoying. "I-It was under his bed a-and there was a pair of..." Baekhyun sobbed, what the hell!? "What? A pair of what?" Chanyeol shouted once again, what did Sehun do this time? "." Chanyeol slammed the door open, his damp hair wetting the floor all over with water drops, "!? LIKE- WOMAN ?" He shouted, his eyes wide. "I'm so worried Chanyeol, what should I do?" Baekhyun sobbed, handing him the pair of pink .

There were many options and way too many thoughts inside of Chanyeol's mind, I've never seen a girl in here in months! However, Sehun does have may girl friends...Should I cover his and tell him I had too much fun with a girl a few days and completely forgot about it? Should I act confused? Tell him I don't know a thing? I'm sure Baekhyun would break up with him but they've been literally dating for what? Two weeks? Ah this is way too much for me! I don't want Baekhyun to think that I'm a nasty scumbag but I also don't want to stop seeing him? Is this even a sane way of thinking?

"They are mine."

WHAT!?

"Y-Yours?" Baekhyun sniffed, cleaning the tears on his face as he clinged the book close to his body. "Y-Yes." He said. His braincells were literally fighting each other at this point.

"They are mine...because I have a sister!" He exclaimed with a smile on his face out of satisfaction for finding a solution. A solution which could also turn out to be very misleading, which was totally the case since Baekhyun started to look at him a bit weirded out. "WAIT! IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK! M-My sister lives at my house and we both only have one luggage...So when I packed I didn't notice it right? And when I saw it I went AHH! and threw it on the floor! I never wanted to pick them up again and eventually forgot them there." He ended up smiling like a fool trying to look convincing enough. "You're not saying this to cover up Sehun's cheating, right?" Baekhyun frowned, "Of course not! I would never! Plus, Sehun's never been into girls!" Not entirely a lie uh? Progress Chanyeol. "I'll trust you." Baekhyun got closer, his voice still a little bit sad. "Uh?" The flashbacks from last night's dreams were haunting him. "I tust you so please never lie to me." Baekhyun bowed again before heading to the room, "Thank you, see you Chanyeol." Baekhyun waved, gifting him a fake smile as he left and closed the door behind him.

"B-Bye...?" Chanyeol was speechless, what the hell was that!? 

He sighed for the thousandth time that morning as he plopped on his bed. Sehun ows me a drink, He thought.