Chapter Five

Muser

Sehun sat uncomfortably on top of his bed as Jongin sat across from him amongst Luhan’s bed, Vivi snuggling peacefully in his lap. The youngest didn’t know exactly what to say as he waited patiently for Jongin to explain why he showed up at his apartment, let alone why he even knew the address. The brunette boy pursed his lips as he gave the dog’s head one last , clearing his throat before speaking.

“I know this is weird, I feel weird.” He mumbled, avoiding eye contact. “Sehun, I know something you probably don’t want me to know.”

Sehun’s heart began to race as the possibilities of it being about the other drawings were sky high, and the blood in his veins was pumping all the way into the sides of his head. The younger boy was flushed to an extent, and it didn’t help that the discomfort in Jongin’s voice was overwhelming.

“I saw your other drawings.” Jongin said in a serious manner, his voice increasing in volume. “Don’t worry though, it doesn’t bother me. When Junmyeon showed me, I was shocked but the skill and time that had been put into them is amazing. Not only that, it gave me a really good idea.”

“Hyung, don’t lie to me. Of course it bothers you, it even bothers me. There’s so many things people hate about me and this is only an addition, especially to you.” Sehun spoke coarsely, holding back the many tears that had pricked the back of his eyes.

Jongin frowned in an empathetic manner, though, he had never felt more determined to earn someone’s trust and comfort. He got up from the bed he was sitting on, traveling to the opposite one and seating himself beside the cold looking boy.

“I need you to believe me when I say that I don’t care about the fact that you use me as a muse,” He said, whilst Sehun continued to stare at his legs. “Sehun, please, can you just look at me for a minute? I want to tell you my plan.”

Sehun apathetically turned his head towards the slightly older boy, his eyes locking with Jongin’s as he didn’t want to reveal how swollen they were from silently crying. Jongin now felt his own eyes begin to water as the sight of Sehun’s truly hurt expression was heartbreaking. All he wanted to do was share a hug or at the very least, give him a pat on the back.

“I don’t think I can express how sorry I am or how horrible I feel for whatever you’ve gone through.” He spoke softly as his hand gently reached out for Sehun’s shoulder. “As I was saying earlier, I want you to trust m-”

“Don’t touch me,” The youngest murmured shakily while uneasily pushing Jongin’s hand away from him. “Please.”

“I-I’m sorry, did I do something wrong?” Jongin stuttered as he tried his best to cover up the awkward gesture.

Sehun exhaled serenely, breaking the eye contact he once shared with Jongin. “No, it’s just… I’ll soften up to you and I don’t want that. In all honesty, I really want to hate you right now.”

Jongin tilted his head. “And why is that?”

“Because,” Sehun emphasized, his facial expression growing colder and more intimidating by the second. “You’re ignorant. You nearly freaked out on me for being curious about Junmyeon’s broken relationship as if he hadn’t already hurt me enough. What, were you scared he was gonna yell at you? Are you some kind of cry baby? He’s hit me before, directly in the face, but you don’t see me crying to my mommy now do you?”

“Wait, but-”

“But nothing. And that’s not all, after I had asked about it once you brought it up, it’s like you cut me off. You ended the conversation in such a rude manner, as if you had just remembered the fact that you aren’t even supposed to talk to me off command.” He continued to ramble and Jongin pouted.

“Listen to me! If you were in my position, you’d know that I’m not just worried about a simple scold. I go through so much everyday, working as Junmyeon’s assistant while he uses me to an extent. I’m not his friend, I’m his slave.” Jongin shot back fiercely. “He takes advantage of the fact that I’m still young and scared, but guess what? You are too, and that’s why I want to work something out with you in order to fix that mess of a human being.”

“You want to do something in order to work this out? Get the out of my apartment. That’s what you can do.” Sehun said, more monotonic and harsher than ever.

Jongin sat motionlessly, his expression blank in utter shock at the younger’s words. He took a moment to process what he had just been told, clenching his jaw as a result of the wrath that had overtaken his entire body. He wasn’t angry at Sehun, rather, he was angry with the worsening trust issues that Sehun seemed to have. It wasn’t until sehun opened his mouth to shout at the older when he finally rose from the bed, heading in the direction of the door all the way across the room that led to the main hallway of the apartment building.

Sehun felt his heart break at the sight of the person he truly cared leaving his home, after he unwillingly kicked Jongin out. He had never felt like more of an as the hurt that was written all over the older’s expression was overbearing, and he placed his face in the depths of his palms as he didn’t want to watch Jongin leave like this again.

“You know what?” Jongin said quietly, though it was audible enough for Sehun to perk up as a response. “I’m not leaving, Sehun. We need to discuss everything, whether it’s our differences, my plans, or the fact that you don’t have to be so scared all the time. It’s okay to open up to me, and I know you don’t want to but I’m not going anywhere so you might as well.”

Sehun heaved a long, ever so annoyed sigh as he watched Jongin stand at the foot of the open door with his arms tightly crossed over his sweater-covered chest. The youngest couldn’t help but grow softer as his perception towards Jongin was slowly but surely becoming more and more cute. The way he acted so dominant when he got mad, the oversized sweater wrapped around his torso, the fluffy, brunette hair that he longed to touch.

Maybe letting Jongin in wouldn’t be such a bad idea.

Sehun’s tears began to dry at these thoughts and his scowl softened, finally deciding to think things through. The older raised an eyebrow at the pondering boy, allowing his arms to dangle aimlessly at his sides as he walked back into the apartment, shutting the door behind him.

“What are you thinking about?” Jongin asked with a slight, comforting smile.

Sehun sniffled one last time before speaking, his voice raspy due to crying. “Nothing, just get on with your dumb plan.”

“Really?”

“Really.”

“Oh, well okay. That was easy.” Jongin enthused. “I guess, I was just going to ask you if you can draw some of my friends, you know, for a project…?”

Sehun furrowed his eyebrows at Jongin’s awkwardly toned voice. “What kind of project?”

“I wanted you to draw me, my group of friends, Yifan, and even yourself. It would benefit both of us, believe me-”

“Wait, hang on, Yifan?” The youngest asked with a tinge of doubt. “How the hell do you expect us to find him?”

Jongin’s smile faded at that question, his lips turning downwards in a puzzled manner. “You know about Yifan?”

“It’s not like I live with one of his fellow exchange students or anything like that,” Sehun laughed sarcastically. “I know everything because I was curious, and not only that, I may have actually cared a little bit.”

Jongin’s eyes widened and he took a few more steps forward, slowly seating himself on the opposite side of Sehun’s bed. “W-Who lives here?”

“Luhan.” Sehun answered simply.

“Am I being talked about?!” The eldest boy yelled from the separated living room, receiving small laughs from the youngest.

“Yes,” Sehun called out in return, Jongin’s face remaining frozen in shock. “Now come over here, we need you.”

“How long has he been here?” Jongin asked, seemingly nervous at the fact that he has spilled some things that he didn’t necessarily want anyone besides Sehun to hear.

“Don’t worry, he won’t say anything. He knows how bad Junmyeon is and he’d always be willing to help, believe me.” Sehun consoled and Luhan entered the room with a smile.

“It’s true,” The eldest stated, leaving Jongin to smile slightly. “I’ve stuck around my Hunnie for years and nothing has ever gone wrong. Besides, I probably know Junmyeon and his ex-clan better than anyone else in your whole friend group.”

The brunette boy pursed his lips, scratching his chin in thought as he analyzed the two boys that stood before him. “Would it be bossy of me to assign jobs for the three of us, only to put my plan in action?”

“I’ll answer that after you tell me about the jobs you have in mind.” Sehun answered with a raised eyebrow.

“Fine,” Jongin began. “Sehun, you’ll be the one drawing. Luhan, you’ll help the two of us find Yifan. And lastly, I’ll be the one to persuade the rest of my friends into being drawn.”

Sehun looked at Luhan and then back at Jongin, letting a puff of air escape his lips before deciding whether or not this was a good idea.

“I guess I’ll do it, “ He answered, looking the slightly older boy directly in the eyes. “IF, you promise me you’ll side with me over Junmyeon under any circumstances.

Jongin locked his eyes with the youngest as he felt his heart begin to race, the amount of tension within this request being a little too much to handle. “I’ll… I’ll kick his if he ever lays a hand on you again.”

“I bet you wouldn’t,” Sehun giggled. “But I’ll take that as a compliment.