December 21st

Third Time is the Charm

Sighing Jaejoong looked into the box of chocolate chip ice cream he had just emptied. Pouting that he had just one bowl of his comforting food left he tossed the emptied box into Changmin's trash before he shuffled back to Changmin's bed.

Careful not to drop his last treat he flopped onto the mattress right next to Changmin who barely chuntered at the disturbance. Jaejoong stuck out his tongue at him when he leaned back against the wall. He shovelled a spoonful of ice cream into his mouth when he continued to watch one of the horror movies Changmin had rented. It wasn't all that interesting to be honest, rather dreary and not the slightest scary. Or maybe his senses for fear were just dulled to the point of indifference.

With a deep sigh Jaejoong lowered the bowl onto his thighs. It felt a bit cold through his jeans before he decided to put the bowl onto Changmin's nightstand instead. “Sorry,” he muttered when in the process he nudged Changmin's knee. The other didn't seem to notice though. Curiously Jaejoong eyed Changmin, cocking his head when he wondered since when Changmin ever was this engrossed with his phone.

Over the passing days he had noticed Changmin checking on new messages far more frequently than he used to, being quite spaced out when they were in a conversation, and sporting a very gentle smile on his lips ever so often when he looked at his phone.

Jaejoong was pretty certain that Changmin had met someone to his liking and that he didn't want to tell him because of his own messed up feelings for Yunho and the entire dilemma of their encounters. Shrugging off the thoughts about Yunho, Jaejoong puffed his cheeks when an amused chuckle left Changmin's lips. He snatched the phone out of Changmin's hands when he registered the adoring smile and had the other's attention immediately.

“Yah! Hyung! Give it back!”

For the split of a second Jaejoong was flabbergasted at Changmin's panicked features. “I might if you finally tell me about your lover boy. I as well could just read through your messages if you wish,” he threatened and narrowed his eyes in on Changmin. He snorted at the immediate flush gracing Changmin's cheeks before he convulsed into a hearty laughter.

Changmin frowned at Jaejoong rolling over his bed laughing. “Pleasure that my embarrassment is so amusing to you. I think I prefer you sulking though,” he chuntered and crossed his arms over his chest.

Jaejoong stopped laughing altogether at that blow and didn't move. It was silent aside from the horror movie in the background and Jaejoong's soft breathing. Changmin sighed. “Sorry, that wasn't nice.” He nudged Jaejoong's thigh in apology a few times before the latter sat up.

“It's ok. I didn't mean to be such a tease,” Jaejoong murmured when he crawled up next to Changmin and handed him his phone back before he nuzzled his head onto Changmin's shoulder. “Tell me about him. When did you meet?” he asked when he cuddled a bit more into Changmin's body.

Changmin sighed when he put his phone aside and draped his arm around Jaejoong's shoulder. “We met in Gongju the first time, not on the best terms to be honest. He made a stupid and quite inappropiate comment and managed to piss me off.”

Jaejoong furrowed his eyebrows. “Wait. Was that when you returned with the handbreads?”

Changmin blinked flabbergasted at Jaejoong's head. “Uhm, yeah. You actually remember that?”

Jaejoong slapped his chest with a chuckle. “Idiot. You had a lovesick smile on your face. How could I forget such a rare sight?” Changmin groaned. “So, what happened next? You two met again, didn't you?” Jaejoong inquired after a while and shifted his head a bit to look up at Changmin. A soft smile scurried over his lips when he registered Changmin's gentle gaze.

“We did. In Busan, to be honest. Remember that last café you didn't want to join me in?” Jaejoong's face lit in recognition. He difinitely remembered that café full of rainbows and unicorns. He silently kept on listening to Changmin's story. “There wasn't any seat left except the one across from me, of course. I honestly wasn't particularly pleased with that outlook but he just kept on rambling and apologizing.” Changmin sighed dreamily. “He was so cute. You should have seen him,” he muttered adoringly and glanced down at Jaejoong who had grown unusually silent. His smile faltered when he registered Jaejoong's sorrowful features.

Changmin hugged Jaejoong a bit tighter to his side. “Sorry, I'll stop now,” he whispered when he nuzzled the top of Jaejoong's head. Jaejoong sniffed a little at Changmin's thoughtfullness and apologized softly for ruining the moment. They stayed like this for a while until Jaejoong had calmed down.

“What's his name?” he asked softly once he had composed himself and snuggled a bit more into Changmin's comforting warmth.

“Kyuhyun.”

Jaejoong smiled softly. “Changmin and Kyuhyun. I like the sound of it.” Changmin chuckled at that and ruffled Jaejoong's hair.