Stay by my side.

The Mafia's Chronicles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dara broke the news with a smiling face.
“What?” Yumi muttered under her breath with fresh tears falling from her eyes as she turned around to look at the doctor. “I'm pregnant?”

“Yes Yumi, you're pregnant.” Dara rolled the blanket over Yumi's body and turned to Jack. “Bring her over to the hospital tomorrow for a proper checkup so that we can know how old the baby is, okay?"

A surprised Jack nodded and muttered "okay." Before looking at Yumi.
 
Yumi was silent and she slowly turned over and lied on her side, sobbing quietly. She was trying to get over the thought that her husband is dead, and here is another news about her pregnancy. What on earth will she even tell her child when it's born? Forget about what to tell the child, but how will she even endure this pregnancy? How will she raise this child?  How will she ever be able to take care of this child alone? Yumi kept thinking about this things over and over again with tears falling from her eyes.
 
“Why did you leave me Baekhyun? I asked you not to go but you didn't listen to me. Now how do I survive during this pregnancy without you around me? Tell me how?” Yumi questioned no one in particular and she cried painfully while pressing her hands to her chest.
 
Dara felt sad on seeing Yumi like that, although she just met her for the very first time, she can also feel the pain Yumi is going through at the moment.
She sat closer to Yumi and softly caressed her back.
“I heard about the accident and my husband Yixing also told me that he knew Baekhyun and that they were close friends since their companies always collaborate together on most occasions. I just want to let you know that  my husband and i will stand by your side during this pregnancy and when the baby is born, we will give you a reason to smile again.”
 
Yumi turned to Dara and hugged her. “Thank you, doctor, I don't know what life has in stock for me, but I will surely like to see Yixing again, he was so kind to me back then when I was working in the company. Thank you so much, doctor.”
 
“Please, just call just call me Dara.” The doctor smiled and caressed Yumi's back before pulling away from the hug.
“I will be on my way now, but please don't forget to give me a call if you feel strange, okay?”
 
“I will doctor.” Jack cut in. “Please let me see you off.” Jack led Dara to the door and waved her goodbye.
Once Dara was gone, he shut the door closed and went straight to Yumi in the room.
 
“Congratulations Yumi.” He smiled and sat closer to Yumi. “I will surely protect you and the baby at all cost, so you don't worry at all,” Jack said while rubbing Yumi's hands gently.

Yumi smiled. “You're so kind to me even without knowing me, thank you so much.”
“Hey, don't thank me, I've lived here with Baekhyun for years and we are like brothers,  so you don't need to thank me at all, right baby?” Jack leaned closer to Yumi's tummy and asked, making Yumi smile happily.
 
“Thank you, Jack, for making me smile.”
“It's my job to do, after all, you need to be happy so that the baby can grow healthily.”
“Really? My mood will affect my baby's growth?”
“Yes. So that's why you need to put yourself in a happy condition from now on, and I will help you to always be happy as well.”
“Okay, I will do it because of my baby. I know that if Baekhyun was here, he would have said and done the same thing for me. Thank you so much, Jack.”
“You're very much welcome.” Jack caressed her hair.

“I need to fill up my refrigerator with healthy food, fruits, and drinks by tomorrow, but I'll go now, and get a few of them so that you can eat a healthy dinner tonight. I will leave now, but remember to be happy okay?”
“Okay.” Yumi smiled.
“That's good.” Jack also shot a smile to Yumi and left the house to get what to prepare for dinner.
 
Once Jack was gone, Yumi got up from the bed and walked over to the huge standing mirror in the room. She pleases her right hand on her chest, and her left hand on her stomach.
 
“I know you're not here with me right now but I refuse to believe that you're dead Baekhyun because you're a strong man, and you will never leave your dear wife alone in this world. And you my dear baby, I will shower you with all the love in the world, and I believe that someday your Daddy will come back to us.” She smiled and kissed the wedding ring on her finger and went to the kitchen to get a glass of milk.

 
Jack got to the car and a few drops of tears fell from his eyes. He stayed like that while staring at a blank space, and after a while he drove off to the nearby store and parked his car along the road, but he didn't come out of the car. He sat inside and brought out his phone and he made to call, and when he was done he stepped down from the car and went into the store to get some things he already wrote down for Yumi.

Jack did not waste any time in getting what he needed because he wrote everything down, and when he was done with what he came for, he went back to his car, but he noticed he had a guest already waiting for him in the car.
 
“You really quick and ever-reliable,” Jack commented while smiling at the guest.
“Thanks, Jack, and you were right, the plane Baekhyun was in actually had a bomb planted in it, and it's a well-planned work by someone who knows him and wants him dead.”
“I see.” Jack's expression went pale immediately. “Thanks for the information, I will get going now.”
“Okay, see you later Boss.” The guest stepped down and left the car.
Jack sighed aftee the guest was gone, and drove off.

 
Sehun slammed his fist against his car in anger and frustration. He was standing beside his car at the front of Baekhyun's mansion after looking for Yumi all day. He was losing the last bit of sanity left in him, and at this rate, he was running out of ideas on how to find Yumi and get her to safety after finding out that the explosion was a planned work.
 
“Yumi where on earth are you? Why can't I find you.” Sehun ran his fingers through his hair with a loud scream of pain and frustration escaping his dry throat.
He thought of entering the mansion, but for some reason, he was able to step a foot into the mansion. Growling loudly, he entered his car and drove off on a high speed with divided attention and he missed the sight of a lady crossing the road with a hoodie on, and he ran into her.
 
Gasping heavily, Sehun managed to pull himself together and stepped down from the car to check on the person he just ran over.
Getting there, he lifted the lady up, but he couldn't see the face clearly.
 
“Are you okay?” Sehun asked and pulled off the hoodie and his jaw dropped drastically.
“Irene?” Sehun asked, but the latter was already unconscious. Sehun quickly carried her up from the ground and rushed her to the hospital.

 
The mansion was silent so were the guards and armed securities.
Jongin had to always be by Wendy’s side since she was always crying regarding the great calamity that had suddenly befallen her only cousin.
Jongin had just gone out of the house to get some needed drugs for his wife that night when a black car approached him, and Jack stepped down with a white paper in his hand.
 
“Hello, are you Kim Jongin?” Jack asked in a low tone while looking at his surroundings suspiciously.
“Yes, I am. But why.”
 
“Baekhyun was my very good friend, and he gave this to me three days before his death, saying that I should ask you, your wife and father-in-law and brother-in-law to leave the mansion and the country immediately after you hear about his death.”

“What? You knew he was going to die?”
“He made mention of it, but he wasn't even sounding serious, I never knew that it would actually get to this. Please, you must leave at dawn tomorrow, or you all will be assassinated.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter