~4~ (What To Do While Waiting for Parents)

N.Flying : Family Version

Jaehyun on his blueberry lollipop, the one that his father had bought for him a day before, claiming that he had been a very good boy by being quiet during washing up, and thus he got rewarded with a candy- with the promise of not telling his mother all about it.

Jaehyun didn’t understand, but he followed anyway.

He has been sitting on the school bench for how long it is (it’s only been 5 minutes) while waiting for his parents or his uncles to arrive. Sometimes his parents or Hweseung’s will pick them up, depending on their availability.

Jaehyun didn’t understand, but he hoped that they would be quick. He was starting to get bored.

Unlike his cousin Hweseung (their parents insisted for them to acknowledge each other as cousins), Hweseung was seen sliding down the slide for how many times now, giggling to himself as he was having his fun on his own, while Jaehyun is being the sore loser of just waiting, not even having an interest in playing at the moment.

But he did have to take care of the younger one.

“Seunggu! Be careful!” Jaehyun shouted, still on the lollipop. He had picked that nickname since the first time they had met each other, and that nickname just stuck. And also, because Jaehyun couldn’t pronounce Hweseung’s name correctly without spitting.

Hweseung looks up from the ground, grinning at the elder before trotting up to him. Jaehyun thought that he was like a tiger while Hweseung is like a puppy.

“Hyung! Come and play with me!” Hweseung begged, pulling Jaehyun’s sweater. Jaehyun frowned, not feeling it. He had fun during recess, and now when he’s out from class, he just wanted to lay on the couch and take a nap.

“I’m not feeling it, Seunggu. You can play alone,” Jaehyun bluntly reply, not missing the adorable pout from Hweseung. Since all of their friends had went back home, they had no one to hang out with, or even play with.

And they wonder why their parents are late...

“But It’s not fun playing alone! Play with me, please?” Hweseung stretched the last word, blinking up to Jaehyun, showing his best puppy eyes that could melt the toughest of the toughest of them all. Jaehyun’s resistance was breaking, and he sighed.

It’s not fair that his cousin is too cute for his own good.

“Fine...”

“Yay!” Hweseung dragged him to the slide, pushing him to climb up the stairs and climbing after him, before sitting on the other side of the slide, grinning happily at Jaehyun. Jaehyun bit his lollipop for safety, just in case something happened.

“1, 2, 3... go!!!” both of them slide down, their legs high up in the air, laughing giddily when they landed on the ground on their because they forgot to put their feet down.

“Again! Again!” Jaehyun was starting to enjoy the game. He is a kid, after all. They continued with sliding down the slide for a couple of times before switching to the swings.

“Hold on tight! Don’t fall off the swing!” Jaehyun reprimands, pointing to Hweseung’s chubby hands that is holding onto the metals loosely. Hweseung grip the metals tight, pushing himself back before letting go, flying through the air, back and forth.

Jaehyun followed, smiling and laughing, until his lollipop flew out of his mouth on accident, landing on the dirty ground. Jaehyun skidded his feet on the ground to hold onto his landing, staring at his precious lollipop, dumbfounded.

It took Hweseung a couple of minutes to realised when Jaehyun didn’t answer his questions about lunch, and right there he noticed. Jaehyun stood up from the swing and was about to pick it up, thinking about washing the dirt off before Hweseung shrieked and smack his hand away.

“Don’t pick it up! It’s dirty!” Hweseung added, picking the lollipop and run to the nearest trash can, dropping the dirty candy before returning to the sulky Jaehyun. Hweseung pouted, didn’t like the sour face on his best friend slash cousin.

“Hyung, don’t worry, I can bring lollipops for you later! Appa always give me lollipops!”

Jaehyun nodded, still sulking. He is still salvaging his moments with his precious lollipops. And when Jaehyun is in that ‘zone’, it’s hard to get him out of it.

“How about gummy bears? Banana? Cake?” Hweseung didn’t give up. Jaehyun sighed, before dropping to the ground, legs wide and fiddling with his sweaters. Hweseung groaned, knowing that it’s no use continuing this. It was not his first time encountering Jaehyun’s sulky mode.

The first time that happened was when they had a fight over the same toy, and Hweseung got the body while Jaehyun managed to get the head of it. He sulked for an hour before both of their parents bought them the same new toys so that they can play together in the end.

Hweseung crouched on the ground, poking Jaehyun’s chubby cheeks.

“Hyung!! Don’t make that face! We can ask for new lollipop, right? Right? Right?”

Jaehyun raise his head to look at Hweseung.

“We can...?”

Hweseung nodded. His plan worked. Good job, genius Hweseung!

“Yup! We can! Let’s wait and go to shop and buy new lollipop!”

Jaehyun smiled, his thoughts already on the new lollipop, with the same flavour. He nodded, standing up quickly, all cheerful again. It’s all because of some candy. Hweseung stood up too, grinning happily when seeing his hyung is back to himself.

“Let’s go play some more!” Jaehyun suggested, already making his way to the slide. This time, he didn’t have to ask, Hweseung followed him around, playing with every single equipment that was there to exist on the playground before their parents arrived to take them home, or specifically, the mini mart near the hospital.


A/N: Thank you for subscribing/reading this! Stand N.Flying cause my fic is nothing compared to the real deal! and of course, check out the youtuber Savvy Guitar 2.0 for her amazing videos that inspired me to create this fic in the first place!

xoxo