~5~

N.Flying : Family Version

Both families gathered at Seunghyub and Hun’s house for dinner. Hun, who was always the ever chef in the house, dished up lots of delicacies for all of the guests and residence to have while Eunhee whipped up some chopped fruits and veggie salad for the add on to the already full table.

“How can you live with a chef without getting fat everyday?” Kwangjin joked, already used the same jokes over and over again whenever his best friend is hosting the dinner. Being the one who appreciates his joke, Seunghyub clicked with him, grinned brightly as he stared adoringly at his husband.

 

“Sometimes I do wonder, but maybe I just have high metabolism.” He chuckles, tapping on his stomach as assurance.

 

Hun and Eunhee rolled their eyes at their partner, having to hear the same jokes all over again when it comes to their conversation. It was almost like dad jokes all over again, yet their age are not even past their forties. It was a cringe, honestly.

 

“How was the grocery shopping?” Eunhee changed the topic, trying to make sure that everyone is included in the conversation, also to avoid her husband and his best friend making another dad jokes again.

 

While tending to Jaehyun who was furiously avoiding the cabbage from the ‘airplane’ spoon, Kwangjin spoke and grinned at his wife.

 

“Had a blast. Eomonim was helpful, as always.”

 

Hun snorted. “Helpful as in she was the one doing all the work.”

 

If it was other people, they might have mistaken Hun’s comment to be rather harsh and annoying, but to them, they knew Hun meant well, and was joking on the current situation.

 

Besides, it was the truth, anyway.

 

Kwangjin shrugged. “Practically we won’t have dinner if she was not there to help.” He had barely managed to feed Jaehyun even if not for his wife stern gaze towards their own children. Jaehyun scoff down the cabbage, trying his best to swallow it with the help of orange juice on his side.

 

“We should visit her again. Kinda miss seeing her babying our kids.” Seunghyub nodded towards Hun, who was helping Hweseung with his chopsticks as he pick up the Brussel sprouts to eat it slowly. Neither of the kids like vegetables, but they had to have it in somehow.

 

Hun looks up to meet his husband’s gaze, scrutinizing him for a moment before sighing. “I guess we should. If all of us weren’t busy.”

 

“We’ll pick a weekends and visit her then. It shouldn’t be that difficult. Anyone else have difficulties with their weekends?” Seunghyub forwarded the questions towards the table. Eunhee and Kwangjin ponder for a moment before shaking their heads, agreeing with Seunghyub, while Hun tilted his head slightly before pursuing his lips.

 

Seunghyub turn to watch his partner expectantly. Out of everyone, Seunghyub and Hun had the most non-fixed workplace hours. Seunghyub may somehow be even busier because of his job as a music producer, while Hun had to manage his restaurant almost 24/7, even during weekends because restaurants could not just close during weekends.

“I’m fine with that. I can let someone man the place for a day or two for our baby.” Hun finalised, ruffling Hweseung’s head when he pick up Brussel sprouts to eat on his own without being ordered by either of his parents. Seeing how diligent Hweseung was with his task, Jaehyun decided to follow his cousin, chomping down the nasty cabbage to be praised by his own parents. And yes, they did.

 

“Seeing Jaehyun growing up so well, would you want to add another bunch into the mix?” Hun asks, slowly sipping on his coffee while watching Hweseung and Jaehyun playing with their action figures together. He had once remembered that Kwangjin and Eunhee used to talk about having many kids together, seeing as both of them adored having a big family.

 

Kwangjin smiled softly, but uneasily as he glanced at his wife who were thinking the same thing.

 

“I would love nothing more than to give another brother or sister to Jaehyun, but I don’t want to risk Eunhee’s health again…” He muttered, grasping his wife’s hand and caress it lovingly. He almost gripped her hand tight if it was not for Eunhee placing her hand on his, calming him down.

 

“It’s fine, I’m here.” Eunhee whispered, leaning more into her husband side. Seunghyub nudged Hun, raising an eyebrow at him for asking such questions before clearing his throat, trying to diffuse the tension.

 

“I don’t think that would be a problem anymore, hyung. Eunhee had some troubles with Jaehyun because she was stressed with work, and that took a toll on the baby.”

 

Kwangjin sighed, knowing that it was the truth. Both of them are stressed with work, and Eunhee could not cope with it for the first time. But neither was that was Jaehyun’s fault, it was just the jitters of the first time parents. Now that a couple of years passed, they would probably be ready to accommodate for another baby, if they were willing to do so.

 

“We’ll think about it somehow. How about you guys?” Eunhee chirped, trying to deflect the question to the loving couple infront of her. Hun and Seunghyub loves kids too, and they would probably are open in taking more.

 

Hun snorted. “Yeah, let him be comfortable with Hweseung first, or else he will neglect him for the next one.” Seunghyub slap his palm on his partner’s thigh, pouting incessantly at his accusations.

 

“I’m not! I will love every single one of them no matter what, I won’t have any bias!”

 

“You tell me.” Hun rolled his eyes at him before turning to his friends, “He forgot about Hweseung because he was busy taking care of a missing kid!”

 

“It was not that!” Seunghyub defended himself. “That kid came crying to me and Hweseung because he lost his mom, and Hweseung told me to ask for the receptionist to call for his parents over the speaker! I was trying to manage a crying child and MY own child alone, can you blame me?”

 

Kwangjin chuckled, patting his friend’s back. “It’s amazing how Hweseung was only 3, but he already possessed the maturity and the social intelligence more than his father does.”

 


“While our almost 5 year old still couldn’t manage to clean up after his mess,” Eunhee teases, rolling her eyes at the thought of Jaehyun with his silly mishap again. And as a cue, Jaehyun whines had all the parents turned to him, watching as he and Hweseung fighting for the same body part of the action figure, like what they always do.

 

“And I would never exchange him for another!” Seungyub grinned, watching how whiny Hweseung is trying to pull the toy towards him while Jaehyun had already slobbered over his hands trying to pull it through. It was disgusting but it was his trick to ensure that the toy was secured inside his grasp.

 

Hun had to chide the kids for not sharing, calming Hweseung down with a loving pat on the back before giving him another toy and a promise of a yummy dessert if they would break the fight. Eunhee also came over to scold his son for being dirty and his attitude of not sharing, even if there are a lot of toys on the floor for them to play with. She would pepper her son’s face with kisses before telling him gently the act of sharing before returning to her husband’s side as well as Hun to Seunghyub.

 

“Let’s hope that there won’t be another addition for another couple of years,” Hun joked, shaking his head at what happened. “I can’t even handle another one when this one was as hectic as they was right now.”

 

“Agreed.” Seunghyub grinned, sighing slightly before resting his hand over Hun’s thigh. “Not until Hweseung got sick of us babying him and asking us to adopt another to escape from us.”

 

Kwangjin cackled, “I would like to see him try.”


A/N: Haluuuu!!! Yes, I didn't abandoned this story yet!! I just started for God sakes, yikes. hahahaahahaha! For all those N.Fia's out there, thank you for reading my story!! Please give me a lot of support and ideas, because I'm still getting into this band, they're awesome! and I know we have a new baby in the band, so yes, more ideas! please do anticipate new chapters in the future! I'm trying to contrusct how many chapters this story should be, but don't fret, for now, it's still ongoing!