Chapter 1

There is no antidote for death
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You could see her stand out a mile away.  A blind man could have sensed her there.  In the rich sea of people in front of the group of boys who had lined up to greet the hungry waiting crowd, his eyes immediately landed on her.  He turned his head slightly to Jungkook stood next to him, the look on his face telling him instantly he had seen her too.  On his opposite side were the rest of s, stealing another look at her as he turned, he assessed s one by one and saw that each of them, one by one, had their eyes on her.  It was impossible not to be drawn to her in some way, everything about her commanded their attention.  The crowd of people all sat in their seats screamed wildly, waving at them, all dressed in bright colours, but mostly similar styles, white shirts, blue jeans, a multitude of jackets, their merchandise, all with black or dark brown hair, majority of them Asian. 

She was not.  She sat in the centre of the auditorium, three or four rows back, her legs crossed, leaning back, unmoving.  She wore mostly all black, ripped skinny jeans from the look of her crossed legs, some kind of simple V-neck black t-shirt, and a very loud, Versace, if he wasn’t mistaken by the silk print, shirt draped around her.  ed and casual as if she had thrown it on without too much effort.  She wore a large fedora floppy hat, also in black, with a bright gold buckle glittering like a beacon off her head.  Her long blonde hair curled around her like a shawl, it was surely straight, smooth as silk, but it had life, even from what he could tell under the hat.  She wore simple black converse on her feet, the one foot he could see bounced lazily over her knee as she watched them. 

The main thing about her though was not how her clothing made her stand out amongst the crowd, which it clearly did.  No, it was something in the way she held herself so carefully and yet easily, casually, the look on her face seemed apathetic for she neither frowned nor smiled.  It was like she was bored to be there. The -pink shade of her lips jutted out as if carved by God himself, never moving a millimetre despite the growing chaos around her.  It was impossible to see her eyes for they were hidden.  Hidden behind very dark, black lenses of the unique octagon shaped sunglasses she was wearing encased in gold rim. 

One of her hands draped loosely off the arm rest of her chair, showing her long nails were manicured a similar colour to her lips, though inexplicably they shone.  She wore rings on three of her fingers, all different shapes and coloured stones from what he could make out.  If he didn’t know she was here for them he might have guessed she was modelling her outfit, the photographer in him took over, noticing how in the chaos that shrouded her, she would have been a fantastic subject, completely still and majestic in the middle of his eyeline, drawing you in blocking out the noise around her.

He fought to keep his eyes off her, remembering his training and forcing himself to look around and smile at the other faces, screaming, crying and smiling up at them. 

Namjoon was speaking, though he couldn’t hear what he was saying, focusing on his breathing and where he was placing his eyeline, though he couldn’t help it when every few minutes his eyes skimmed back to her.  Eventually everyone else was bowing and he hastily followed, realising he hadn’t heard a word of s speech.  They moved towards the back of the stage, where the line of chairs and long table waited for them and the hungry fans.  His eye caught Jimin, who raised an eyebrow at him eyes twinkling, telling him he had noticed her too.  Making his way to the end of the table when Jungkook his youngest member whispered to him, ‘You saw her too, right?’

He nodded back once, of course he had, how could he not he thought to himself at the question.  Jungkook’s eyes were alight, the same glint in them that Jimin’s had, the same he felt his own probably looked like at this moment. 

He tried to shake the feeling off, act professional, and enjoy the day with their fans.  Nothing he did worked though, there was a voice in the back of his head, a feeling down his spine, waiting for her, his eyes darting to see where she had moved each time there was a pause between meeting fans.  He was falling into his own world and regularly had to ask the fans he was greeting to repeat themselves as he just zoned out completely while they were excitedly standing in front of him, handing him gifts and smiling, giving him their soft eyes, imploring him to notice them. 

He couldn’t, not when his mind was so preoccupied by her.  How many of these events had he done?  100s, 1000s? He couldn’t remember, but not once had he felt this way, not once had a fan made him feel so uneasy. 

He vaguely remembered a cute girl one year who had caught his attention.  She was tall and lithe, sweet and funny, but he didn’t dare act on the feeling.  Even if they wanted to, which he did that time, they knew it was dangerous.  All of them knew it.  Namjoon regularly fell in love with fans, but he never dared single them out, acting as the perfect role model leader for the rest of the boys.  Yoongi tried to once, and successfully got the girls number, the managers being lenient with him that time, but he didn’t call or text her out of fear which had been placed on him through their managers warnings. 

It had been over an hour of smiling and talking with fans when she finally approached the table.  The atmosphere along the table between the boys subtly changed.  Unless you knew each other as well as they did, it was imperceptible.  But he felt it, a sort of collective holding of breath.  He could see her from the corner of his eye as she approached Namjoon first.  Taehyung battled against his instincts, to keep focused on the teenage girl in front of him.

Namjoon’s laugh boomed as he spoke with her in English, and though Taehyung tried his best to engage with the fans leading up to her, he couldn’t help his eyes wandering down the table and his mind wandering away with him.  She still had her glasses on, hiding her eyes as she painfully slowly made her way down the table to each of them one by one.  As she got closer up the table he could see just how short she was.  He had assumed she was tall from the way she lounged in the chair, but really it was impossible that she be taller than 155cm.  She left Hoseok for Jimin, and now Taehyung was actually within hearing distance of her voice.  She moved gracefully between them, not jumping and looking like an over excited puppy like most fans did, but her aurora commanded in such a way as though she were the celebrity visiting them.  Taehyung kept his head down as he finished signing a book for the fan in front of him when he saw the silk of her sleeve brush the table in front of Jimin, he dared a look up at her face, she was smiling softly, though not showing her teeth.  It was all he could glimpse of her as the fan in front of him shrieked and placed a headband of flowers on his head.  Internally he cursed at the fan, wishing he didn’t have the ridiculous headdress on at the moment she was in his line of sight. He grinned at the fan nonetheless, trying with all his might to match their enthusiasm, but the butterflies in his mid-drift were bubbling away, making him question every action he performed, if she would be watching him, judging him.  Mentally he was counting down the seconds until she would be in front of him.  He kept his ears open, hoping to catch her voice, but she spoke so low he couldn’t make out a single word she said.  Jimin however was giggling like a school girl with her, asking her in fast English, questions he couldn’t comprehend without intense focus, focus he could not give to her in that moment. 

The young girl in front of him was taking her time, asking him question after question, changing the headdress on him and handing him so many things out of her bag he couldn’t grasp most of it.  After what felt like an hour, she moved to Jungkook at the end of the line, as the mystery girl moved in front of him.  Jungkook nudged Taehyung once in the ribs below the table, letting him know he was watch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter