Bloody Shakespeare

The Doctor

INSIDE THE TARDIS:

"This is so cool!!"  Seohyun said excited.

"Yes well it IS time travelling."  The Doctor said slightly annoyed.  She went up to him smiling, "Shakespeare right?"

"Thats what we decided on."  The Doctor said still pressing a few buttons on the control panel.  

Seohyun stayed silent a bit then talked, "Hey you still didnt explain to me about that earthquake."

"Like i told you it wasnt an earthquake."  The Doctor said.

"Then what was it?"  She asked.

"It was the effect of two different energy spurs colliding together."  The Doctor said turning towards her.

"What?"  Seohyun asked.

"The Leeches' energy spur colliding with Earth's and on top of that mine."  The Doctor replied, "It's quite simple if you were as clever as i was."

"Are you calling me dumb?"  Seohyun asked.

"No of course not.  Dumb is simply a state that your mind can go into at times but it never stays that way forever.  People are clever.  They just dont know it."  

"Right..."  Seohyun decided not to press on any longer and stepped back.

"Now here's a different thought..  The TARDIS, for once, is going along very smoothly."  The Doctor said clasping his hands together and smiling pleased.  Then suddenly there was a violent shift and a few seconds later the TARDIS started shaking violently.

"OW!"  Seohyun fell down as the Doctor held onto the control panels, "SPOKE TOO SOON!"  He yelled as they were yelling and the TARDIS was speeding.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"OOMPH!"  Seohyyun said as she fell down for the tenth time as the TARDIS came to a stop.  "Ow... why'd it do that?"

"Just sometimes.. The TARDIS gets.. haywired.  Its fine.  Its more fun this way anyways."  THe Doctor said.

"Are you sure you know how to drive this thing?"  Seohyun asked.

"Of Course i do!  Who do you think i am?!"  The Doctor said offended.

"You dont do you?"

"Failed the driver's test but who cares?  not like anyone can test me now."  The Doctor said.

"Right... So are we here now?"  Seohyun asked.

"I believe so.  The TARDIS has stopped.  Let me check."  The Doctor looked at the screen and smiled, "Seohyun."

Seohyun looked at him as she fixed her hair.  The Doctor turned to look at her with a smile, "Welcome.  TO the shakespearan era."

Seohyun started smiling in excitement.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This is incredible!!!"  Seohyun yelled as she opened the TARDIS and out into the streets of the shakespearan era.  Everyone was wearing cottage type outfits and there were old stores.

"I know right?"  The Doctor said as he also left the TARDIS.  "You wanna head over the the theatre?"

"What's playing?"  Seohyun asked.

"Rather.. WHO'S playing."  The Doctor said smiling slyly as he walked off with Seohyun.

"Whoa..."  Seohyun said as they entered a busy theatre with crowds of people cheering.

"Whats happening?"  Seohyun asked as they walked through the crowd to get near the front.

"See for yourself."  The Doctor said as he smiled and motioned to the front.

Seohyun looked and her eyes widened at what she saw: a man standing on stage, bowing with others behind him, some in drag and others in regular outfits.  IT was none other than..

"SHAKESPEARE!!"  Seohyun yelled out of excitement with all the other people who were cheerin his name.

"Omygod!!"  She yelled smiling.

The Doctor smiled at her amazement and at Shakespeare.  Thought something flashed in Shakespeare's pupils which the Doctor noticed but didnt say anything about.

"Thank you thank you!"  Shakespeare finally spoke.   "You are all a Wonderful audience!  Thank you all for coming today and watching my beautiful play.  Wasnt it magnificent?!"

"He talks slightly different."  seohyun commented.

"Well actually he is talking in poetry and rhymes right now just like the shakespearan era but the TARDIS altered it and made it simpler so that we could understand him."

"It can do that?"  Seohyun asked bewildered.

"Yes it translates any language so that it can help us understand everywhere we go."

Seohyun started smiling again and looked back up at Shakespeare.

"Now.  git!  All of ya!  And make sure to buy come buy once again for my next play.  Whenever that is."  SHakespeare said as others were laughing.  

"Goodbye everyone!  And thank you!" Shakespeare yelled as everyone started exiting and cheering.

"So many people!"  Seohyun yelled as she was getting squashed.  She was expecting a reply from the Doctor but he didnt say anythinng.  She looked around and realized that he was gone.  "Doctor?  DOCTOR!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Another wonderful play Will."  an lady said.

"Always."  He said as he smiled at her.  They were backstage and ready to exit out the backdoor.

"Hello?  Shakespeare!"  Shakespeare turned around and saw a strange man in a blue suit.  Clothes he has never seen before.  Running towards him.

"Who might you be?"  Shakespeare asked curiously.

"Well i am The Doctor.  Nice to meet you."  The Doctor put out his hand but Shakespeare simply looked at it.

"....Yes... well if its my mother that sent you.  Tell her i dont need a doctor."  Shakespeare said dismissing him.

"Excuse me?  Why would your mother send a doctor?"  The Doctor asked curiously.

"Its nothing.  You wouldnt understand."  Shakespeare said ready to turn away.

"I beg to differ."  The Doctor said.  Shakespeare looked at this strange man. 

"Doctor!"  Seohyun's voice rang as she ran over to them, "Why'd you leave me there?"

"Oh im sorry Seohyun you just didnt hear my voice.  I said id b back soon."  The Doctor said not looking at her but still looking at Shakespeare as if he was reading into his mind.

Seohyun huffed then looked at Shakespeare and her eyes slowly widened, "Ohmygod.. Y-You're... but you cant be.. wait but.. yea time travelling right.  so you can be."

"Time travelling?"  Shakespeare asked.

"Oh dont mind this girl shes a bit....ill..."  The Doctor said looking at Seohyun strictly.

"Ohh uhh yea.. i believe in time travelling.  strange stuff haha.."  She said.

"I dont blame you.. Strange things have been happening all the time.... strange things.."  Shakespeare said looking off.

"What strange things?"  The Doctor asked.  Shakespeare snapped out of it and looked at them.  He hesitated then he looked around and came closer to the Doctor, "witches."

The Doctor looked at him  bewildered as did Seohyun.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AT AN INN:

"Witches?  Are you sure?"  Seohyun asked.

"Youre looking at me the same way my mother did when i first told her when i was a teenager."  Shakespeare said.

"Teenager?"  The Doctor asked.

"Yes.  The Witch came to me when i was only just 15 years old... After that she left for a few years forever gone i had hoped but... just recently witches came to me... not just one.. but 3."  Shakespeare said remembering his encounter with the witches.

"3 witches?  Well thats just balo-" 

"What happened with them?"  The Doctor interrupted Seohyun.

"Well the first witch just came by.  Thought for sure she would attack me with her... claws and her warts.. sooo ugly..."  Shakespeare got off track.

"Yes witches are stereotyped as ugly but come tell me... what did she do?"  The Doctor asked.

Shakespeare looked at him with fear in his eyes, "Sh-She told me... i was a demon's puppet."

"What?"  Seohyun said bewildered.

"I can assure you Shakespeare that witch you saw..."  The Doctor paused.

Shakespeare looked at him with hope in his eyes.

"I believe you."  The Doctor smiled at him.  Shakespeare had a bit of a sigh of relief and looked at the Doctor questioningly, "It's weird... It's like i can tell you anything."

"Yes well i have that type of face.  A.ny.ways, come along Seohyun.  Its time to investigate."  The Doctor said as he got up.

"What?  Where?"  Seohyun asked.

"Good question.  Shakespeare?"  The Doctor asked.

Shakespeare looked at the Doctor as he knew what he was talking about.  what they didnt know was that just across from their street there was a strange shadow in the window watching them.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sisters."  A beautiful blonde girl said as she and two other hags looked over a crystal ball.  Watching Shakespeare, seohyun and the Doctor.

"We may have a problem." 

"Who is this man?"  One hag was referring to the Doctor.

"A nusiance."  The blonde girl said.

"Will he interfere?  Shakespeare MUST not be contaminated."  The other hag replied.

"No worries.  His time is very near.  Tonight.  in his little inn.. he will die and all his imaginative ideas will form from his brain and create a new world that we seek."  She smiled slyly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"AHHH!!!"  Shakespeare and The Doctor and Seohyun were walking through a hallway with cages on each side filled with people, mad people.

"What is this place?"  Seohyun asked disgusted.

"A mental institution."  Shakespeare said as the guard led them to one particular cage and left.

"Except they torture their patients.."  The Doctor said.

"Its the only way to keep them in check."  Shakespeare said.

"Well maybe they would have never been out of control if they werent whipped."  The Doctor said strictly while looking at Shakespeare then they went on inside one cage.

There was a man in there shaking with his back to them.

"Paul?"  Shakespeare said.  The man then suddenly turned to them exposing his dead eyes and chattering teeth.

"Mygod.. WHat happened to him?"  Seohyun said terrified.

"Paul.. my closest friend when we were teenagers... he-"

"Experienced the witch and couldnt handle it leaving him in this state."  The Doctor said taking out his screwdriver and scanning him with it.

"Precisely... what is that?"

"A sonic screwdriver."  Seohyun said, "Dont ask."

"Although i dont think Paul went crazy cause he was scared of the witch.. This witch you speak of.. probably put some kind of mind spell in him.. causing him to be this way."  No one said a word.

"paul?  Can you hear me?"  The Doctor asked as the man simply looked dead.

Then the Doctor held ahold of Paul's head in his hands gently.  "This wont hurt a bit."  The Doctor said as he closed his eyes and entered into Paul's brain looking for his memories of the witch.

"AHH!!"  paul yelled as the memories resurfaced.

"What are you doinng?!!!"  Shakespeare yelled.

"Doctor stop it!"  Seohyun yelled as well.

"I am so sorry Paul but just hold on a little longer."  The Doctor said as he kept looking through his memories and finally he let go.

Paul simply fell on the ground still dead.

"WHAT DID YOU DO?!"  Shakespeare yelled going over to Paul.

"Dont worry hes not dead just resting."  The Doctor said.

"What did you do?"  Seohyun asked.

"Just tapped into his memory system looking for the witches." The Doctor said as he kpet looking at Paul and Shakespeare taking care of him.

"Is there anything you cant do?"  Seohyun asked.

"There are some things but i cant remember them right now."  The Doctor said looking at her for a second then looking back.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The blonde witch's eyes opened all of a sudden, "Sisters.. Some vermin has tapped into the memories of Paul.."

"Who?"  The hag asked.

"The crystal ball!"  The blonde girl yelled as the other hag brought it over.

The crystal ball shined and glistened showing the picture of Seohyun, Shakespeare and the Doctor at the cage.

"It is that blasted man."  The hag said.

"No worries.  I will kill him before he could be of any more trouble."  The blonde girl said as they giggled and laughed maniacally.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Did you find anything?"  Seohyun asked.

"yes a glimpse of what happened when they were teenagers.  And also confirmed what i had thought."  The Doctor said.

"And what is that?"  Shakespeare asked.

Then all of a sudden a manifestation of the blonde witch appeared behind Shakespeare and Paul.

"Shakespeare!"  Seohyun yelled.  Shakespeare turned around and stepped back, leaving Paul, as he saw the witch.

"Hello Shakespeare."  The witch said smiling.

"What are you doing here?!"  Shakespeare yelled shaking.

"Ahh you must be the witch.  Very popular."  The Doctor said stepping a little closer, casually, with his hands in his pockets.

"And who might you be?"  The witch asked.

"The Doctor.  Mind you, you've done quite a lot of work with Shakespeare as i can see.  You leave Paul in this maniac state but leave Shakespeare alone?  I feel you have big plans for him.  And those plans arent really what i'd look forward to."  He said.

"You're clever.  But clever wont save you.  And yes, Paul.."  The witch said as she looked down at him.  SHe then kneeled down and gave him one little touch.

"AH!"  Paul let out one yelp and stayed still.

"What did you do?!!"  Shakespeare yelled.

"Vermins must be disposed of."  The blonde witch responded with a sly smile.

"You murderer!"  Seohyun yelled.

"I liked Paul... You've crossed a very thin line."  The Doctor said with slight anger and strictness. 

"Threatening?"  The witch asked still smiling.

"Warning."  The Doctor responded.  "I'm guessing.. You were watching Shakespeare the whole time.  Ever since you visited him."  He was walking back and forth, "From that house right across.  No one would expect that of course not since everyone was convinced it was abandoned."

He paused then went on, "watching his every movement until today.  'a demon's puppet'.  What does that mean?  A horatio's puppet would be more like it."  The witch stopped smiling.

"So you know..  Who are you?"  The witch asked looking at the Doctor.

"LIke i said.  The Doctor."  He said smirking.

The witch then beckoned him to come closer and he couldnt stop but to, "You know too much.."  she whispered.

"NO!"  Seohyun ran forward but it was already too late.  The Witch touched the left side of the Doctor's chest, his eyes widened and he let out a yelp and dropped on the ground.

"As for you Shakespeare."  The withc said looking at him and completely ignoring Seohyun as she was at the Doctor's side.

"it is time."  something flashed in his eyes just like what the Doctor saw when he saw him at the theater.  Then as if he was being controlled he walked out of the cage.  Locked it and then continued walking on.  The witch laughed and then disappeared.

"Doctor!"  Seohyun said carrying his head in her lap, "Wake up!"

The Doctor then suddenly sat up taking in gasps of air.

Seohyun sat still looking at him, bewildered.

"oh.. man.. ahh... hurts."   The Doctor said as he clutched his left chest.

"b-but... i thought she-"

"She did.. ahh... but... i have... 2 hearts.... ahhh"  The Doctor said in pain. "Hurry... hit me on the left chest."

Seohyun looked at him worried, hesitated, but hit him lightly.

"Are you serious?  You hit like a little girl! Harder!"  The Doctor yelled.

Seohyun got offended and punched him on the chest.

"Ahh!  ON the back!" She punched him on the back twice.

"Oh!  Good!  Nice!  Wheres shakespeare?"  The Doctor asked confused.

"That witch.  She did something to shakespeare and he left." 

"Ohhh no.."  The Doctor said then he stood up unlocked the cage with his screwdriver and ran with Seohyun.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*chanting*  The witches were chanting as Shakespeare was standing there staring off into space, under a spell, in the inn.

"Soon my sisters.  We will have a world of our own.  The Horatio world."  The blonde girl said smiling.

Then the door suddenly opened.

"I've come to stop you!"  the doctor said then looked at Seohyun, "I've always wanted to say that."

She looked at him bewildered.

"I dont know how you survived but a human such as yourself cannot stop the Horatio sisters."  The blonde girl said.

"horatio?"  Seohyun questioned.

"They're witch-like aliens from the planet darkmoon.  Anyways what do you plan on doing?"  The Doctor said.

"Well since youre going to die anyways i might as well tell you.  my sisters and i plan on using Shakespeare's mind to create ourselves a world."

"But to do that you'd have to kill him."

"Precisely."  Seohyun looked scared and the Doctor went on, "You wont succeed."

"Who's going to stop me? you?"  She scoffed/

"Well yea.. but theres also a powerful mind in here... you dont want to deal with that."

"We've already got the most powerful creative mind in here.  And that's Shakespeare."  The blonde girl then started emitting a light with her two sisters and pointed at the Doctor the light was growing stronger and stronger.

Seohyun looked back and forth at the Doctor and the witches.  He was standing there with a serious expression on his face, hands in pockets, ever so casual. 

*noo....*  Seohyun thought as the light was ready to hit the Doctor.  She closed her eyes and reopened them a strange glint of red light flashing through her eyes.  The light was released and was about to hit the Doctor but suddenly vanished seconds from hitting him.

"What?  Our powers."  The blonde girl said as the Doctor walked a little closer, still casual.

"I told you.  A powerful mind."  He said.

"No matter. we have other ways of killing you."  The girl said as she slyly smiled.  she then waved her hand and sent Seohyun flying out the window.

"DOCTOR!!!"

"No!"  The Doctor jumped out the window and caught Seohyun.  Hanging onto the window sill.

"Hes done with."  The witches laughed then started chanting some more.  THe strange flash of light in Shakespeare's eyes grew stronger as the witches kept chanting.

"Hold on!"  The Doctor said as he was struggling to hold on himself.

"AHH!!  We're going to fall!"  Seohyun yelled.

"i have an idea!"  The Doctor yelled.  Seohyun simply screamed some more.

"I'm about to do something incredibly dangerous and stupid but you're going to have to trust me!"  The Doctor yelled.

Seohyun looked down at the far street below and up at him.  She nodded, "I trust you."

"Alright then!  GERONIMO!"  He yelled as he took up all his strength and threw seohyun up.

"DOCTOR YOU CRAZY-!"  She couldnt finish her sentence as she went flying up and thudding back into the room.  She hit the blonde girl which made them stop their chanting and which made Shakespeare unconcious and fall on the ground.

"Its that girl!"  One of the hags yelled.

"Why you-"  The blonde one was interrupted.

"Dont. You. Touch her."  The Doctor said as he was standing there casually behind them right in front of the window.

Seohyun smiled, "Doctor!" 

"You just keep popping back up."  The witch said as she started pointing at him.

"I wouldnt do that if i were you."  The Doctor said, seriously.

"Like i keep saying.  A man such as yourself wont be able to stop me-"

"But i'm not a man."  The Doctor said.  The witches looked at him confused.

"Who are you?"  The blonde one asked.

"I'm from a planet, long ago where there once was a peaceful race.  But that was in the far past.  They are now gone and the only survivor left is me.  That planet is Gallifrey. AND i am the last time lord."  He said as the witches stood back.

"Time lord!"  one of the hags yelled.

"Cant be."  The blonde witch said.

"I rarely get angry... but when someone tries to hurt my friends..  i WILL go all out."  The Doctor said.  Then he grabbed the crystal ball that was next to him and juggled it around a bit.

"NO!"  The witch yelled.

"Your power source... i wonder what would happen if it broke?"  The Doctor said knowingly.

"Please... spare us.."  The witch said begging.

"Of all the stories you've heard about me.. have i ever spared anyone?"  The Doctor said with silent anger in his eyes. Then he threw down the crystal ball and it broke.  The witches screamed and there was a green light about and wind.  The Doctor ran to Seohyun and Shakespeare to protect them.  Once all the commotion had died down the Doctor stood back up and went over to the broken pieces of the crystal ball.

Seohyun looked at him and was almost... afraid. 

"Ughh.."  Shakespeare woke back up, 'Where am i?  What happened?  Who are you?" 

Seohyun looked confused at the Doctor.

"Its alright Shakespeare.  I'm a doctor."  The Doctor replied.

"I feel as though... i had a terribble nightmare.. with witches... was it real?"  Shakespeare asked. 

"No."  The DOctor replied.

"But it felt so real.. the magic.. i felt as thought i was dying."  Shakespeare pressed on.

"Such stuff as dreams are made on."  The Doctor said.

"Thats good... I might use that."  Shakespeare said as he thought on it.

"YOu may."  The Doctor said smiling.  Seohyun looked down at shakespeare, "Why dont you take a bit of a rest."  She smiled at him as he nodded.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AT THE TARDIS:

There was silence as the Doctor was working on the Tardis control panel.

"Doctor?  Are you okay?"

"Yea im perfectly fine. why?"  He said as he looked at Seohyun.

"Well its just... you seemed so much like a different person back then."  Seohyun said cautiously.

"Are you afraid?"  He asked.

She shook her head, "I was before but now... i just see that... youre just someone who's tired of injustice.."

"No.. not tired... old."  He said smiling at her.

She smiled at him, "Sometimes though.. I think you'll need a bit of stopping."

"Whos going to do that?"  He asked still working on the control panel.

"I know someone."  She said smiling referring to herself.  "Doctor... Another thing.. That time when the witches attacked you.. how come that light just disappeared?"

He looked at her and paused a bit, "Just a powerful mind."  He smiled then went back to work.  Seohyun nodded thinking it best not  to press on.

"Anyways.  Where are we going next?" 

"Well.  Theres a mission apparently. from the psychic paper. someone needs our help."  He said.

"Psychic paper?"  She asked confused.

"Oh right.  Well its a paper where someone from anywhere at different points of time can send me a message.  I can get it through the paper and well go and help them if i want.  Its also very handy for when i need to show someone a license or something that im a doctor or a prince or whatnot."  The Doctor explained.

"So its a disguise and a distress signal?"  She asked for confirmation.

"I guess you can say."  He said.  "Alrighty..  LETS GO."  He pushed down the lever and the TARDIS started violently shaking again.

"Geronimo!!"  He yelled while laughing.

"Stop saying that its not cool!"  Seohyun yelled while holding on.

"Oh it is SO cool!  Ha ha!"  The Doctor said as they went on their way.