A New Companion

The Doctor

*riinngg riinngg*

Seohyun opened her eyes as they adjusted to the bright morning sunlight streaming through the one window in her bedroom.  she sighed to herself

*Here we go again.. same old routine..*  She thought to herself as she got up after a few seconds to get dressed and ready for class.  She was an English Major at UCLA, it was her dream to become an english teacher, after her parents died in a car crash when she was only 15 years old.  her mother was an english teacher and from that point on she studied hard to get into UCLA as an English Major and she did.. but she felt as if something was missing in her life. Her life was too boring.  not just a tiny bit boring but TOO boring that it was almost strange.  Nevertheless she didnt question it and went on with her life for two years already at UCLA.  

Seohyung washed up and put on her clothes:

 

VI.jpg

LKKGWB0000013.jpg

Corcoran-Combat-Boots-4500-L.jpg

She let her hair down as usual and left with her backpack which had the keys to her apartment and her school books:

cute-back-to-school-backpacks-2011_thumb

She left her apartment, locked it, then went on her way to UCLA.  she always walked since she had no car.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You blasted stupid thing!!!"  Yelled a man's voice as he was slamming down on what seemed like a control panel for whatever he was riding in.

"WORK!!!!"  He yelled some more but the vehicle violently responded by shaking, causing him to fall.  As it turned out this man was the doctor and his TARDIS was flying out of control.  He stood back up and pressed a few buttons and looked carefully at the screen.  

"EARTH?!  What are you thinking."  He said to himself, "AHH!!!"  He yelled with a smile, "Ha ha!  You are one Smart, brilliant, magnificent, Y TARDIS!!"  He yelled as he kept smiling and hanging on for his dear life as the TARDIS flashed across the galaxy heading for Earth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Alright then Shakespeare.."  Seohyun's professor went on as she looked out the window and blankly stared at the blue sky.  she thought about her parents and all the happy memories they had together she slightly smiled and her eyes started to water.  Then all of a sudden she saw a flash of... something.. that went across the sky in a blink of an eye.

"Seohyun?  Seohyun?"  The professor asked as she squinted and blinked a few times just to see if that thing would appear again.

"Seohyun."  her friend, Rachel, behind her whispered.  Seohyun snapped out of it and looked at the professor, "Yes?"  The class giggled and she started to turn pink out of embarrassment.

"Would you like to tell the class what was so important that was going on outside?"  The professor asked.

"N-no.. i just... dozed off.."  Seohyung said hesitating while the class giggled again.

"Well.. Dont make a habit of it.  Page 24 in your book."  The professor said as Seohyun nodded shyly and opened up her book, her mind still lingering on that object flying out of the sky.

*RRIINNNGGGG!!!!!!!!!*

Class finished and everyone leisurely started packing up.  

"Hey Seohyun!"  Rachel and Irene yelled as they were walking across the hallway heading for outside.

"Hey."  Seohyun said smiling.

"Are you okay?  You kept dozing off in class today."  Rachel commented.

"Is it cause it's-"  Irene started saying but someone cut her off.

"Hey!!"  Kevin, Steve and Kenny came over to talk to them.

"Hey."  They all responded.  

"So Seohyun.. You doing alright?"  Kevin asked.

"yea.  I'm fine.  Why wouldnt i be fine"  Seohyun said smiling.

"Just.. you know.. today-"  He started.

"Dont even worry about it."  She said, "I'm okay.  But anyways.  I really gotta go."

"What?  Already?  Why dont you hang out with us?"  Irene asked.

"Yea we're planning on going out to eat lunch."  Steve said.

"I got some things i need to take care of at home."  Seohyun said looking regretful, "Maybe some other time?"

"Aww.. Sure alright then. next time!"  Kenny said smiling as Seohyun walked away.

While she was walking home there was a sudden earthquake that made her fall on the ground.  "Oww..."  Seohyun said as she rubbed her bottom while other people around her were murmuring to each other about the sudden quake.

"What the heck?.."  She muttered under her breath.  Then just as she was about to support herself to stand up she looked down and saw a gleaming piece of metal.  It was cylindrical and small, like the size of her thumb.  There were inscriptions on it but she couldnt understand it.  Seohyun simply stood back up looking over it curiously then continued moving on to her apartment.

She passed by the old abandoned park as she always did whenever she went to university and back.  No one else went that way because they believed it was haunted but Seohyun never believed in those kind of stuff.  She continued walking but something caught her eye.  As she looked closer there was a bit of smoke coming out from behind the old big slide.

"What the..."  She walked closer to it slowly and took a peek.  Once she saw a blue police box she stepped a bit closer to it with open out of shock.  "What is this..."

"Well i hope you're happy now!"  Said a voice as Seohyun jumped back in surprise.

"We landed on Earth yes but now you're broken!!  and you know what happens when you brake?  I need to fix you!!! ME!!!  I need to fix you!  This is exactly why we shouldve talked about this before you decided to plummit down to Earth with a living, breathing person inside!!"  He continued to yell not noticing Seohyun, "Well yes i know you cant talk.  but i KNOW you can hear ME!  And when i say DONT DO THAT OR YOU'LL KILL ME!  I mean I WILL KILL YOU IF YOU DO THAT!"  He yelled some more then he turned around and saw Seohyun who looked defensive.

"Ahh.. Why.. hello there..."  He said awkwardly.  Seohyun just stared at him with big eyes.  

"This may seem.. strange.. but.. i am NOT a strange man.."  He said as more sparks and smoke emitted from the police box.  "just a mad man.. With a blue box."

"Who the heck are you?!"  Seohyun finally blurted out.

"Of course where are my manners?"  He said, "My name is The Doctor."  the doctor put his hand out for a shake but Seohyun didnt take it still on the defensive side.  The Doctor awkwardly put his hand down as he looked around awkwardly and exhaled.  "Who may you be?"

"Seohyun."  Seohyun hesitated at first but said her name.  

"Right.. Seohyung.. Beautiful name.. Magnificent."  The Doctor said babbling about.  Then his eyes wandered to the cylindrical metal device that was in Seohyun's hands.

"Its SeoHYUN.  Not SeoHYUNG."  She said but the Doctor didnt hear her as he looked carefully at the object in her hands.

"Right... Seohyung where did you get that?"  He asked.  Seohyun was about to repeat what she said again but she looked at the object in her hands and looked back at him curious, "Found it... After the earthquake.."

"The earthquake??  When?"  He asked confused.  Now Seohyun was confused, 'You know.. the one that just happened a few minutes ago..."  

"Ahhh!!  THat??  Oh no no no no no.  That was Definitely NOT an earthquake."  The doctor said.

"I'm pretty sure it was..."  She said looking strangely at him.

"rrriightt..."  The doctor said looking at her back strangely.  They stood looking at each other strangely for a few seconds but He broke the silence, "Anyways.  That thing in your hand Seohyung... may i see it?"  

"Its seohyun-"

"Right.. Just may i?"  Seohyun looked at the object in her hands and handed it to him.  The Doctor took out glasses from his pocket and carefully examined the metal object.  He then took out a weird device that emitted green light and a sonic sound as he scanned the cylindrical shape.

"What is that?"  Seohyun asked.

"A sonic screwdriver.  Perfect for times like this."  He said still looking over the object, "Ahh.. this..."  He looked at the strange inscriptions.

"Oh no..."  He muttered as he kept looking over it.

"Why.. What?"  Seohyun asked.  

"You say you found this on the ground?"  The Doctor asked.

"Yea why?"

"... This.. is part of a ship.. a spaceship."

Seohyun scoffed, "A What?"

"a spaceship.  you know those things that fly around in space-"

"Yea i know what that is... you must be joking right?"  Seohyun asked with a hysterical smile on her face.

"No im not.. why?  Should i be?"  The Doctor asked confused.

"You're serious..."  Seohyun said as a statement of fact.

"Not just anyone's spaceship.. It's the Leeches' spaceship.. This metal object is an important part to make their ship active.  Without it they wouldnt be able to move forward in the universe."  

"Now youre just messing with me..."

"No i dont mess around. The Leeches... This is bad.. they are a kindly peaceful race."

"Okay.. i'll go along with this..."  Seohyun said crossing her arms, "IF they are peaceful.  Why is it bad?  Just return it to them.."

"They may be peaceful creatures but when they feel that they are being attacked... well lets just say.. they kill."  THe Doctor said.

"Okay now youre scaring me.  I'M going home."  Seohyun said then she took a few steps but the Doctor stopped her.

"STOP!"  

"What now?-"

"Dont. Move. An. Inch."  The Doctor said as she stood still.

"Why what?"  Seohyun asked almost scared.  There was a black leech on her back and The Doctor carefully went over to her to scan it.

"What is it?"  She asked.

"A leech."

"A WHAT??!!"  Seohyun yelled as she violently moved.

"No dont!"  The leech fell off and due to the impact with the ground died.

"Oh now you've done it."  The Doctor said scanning over the dead leech.

"Well excuse me for FREAKING OUT ABOUT A FREAKING LARGE LEECH!!"  

"You're excused."  The doctor said as Seohyun looked at him shocked, "By me of course but... probably not by them."  The Doctor said looking up.  At the same time Seohyun looked up and saw a black circle looming over them.  OVer the whole of earth itself.

"Come on!"  The Doctor yelled.

"What?!"  Seohyun yelled back.

"The leeches arent happy and we're gonna have to stop this."  The Doctor said.

"Why do i have to come?!"

"YOu were part to blame."  He then ran as Seohyun hesitated and ran after him.

They ran for a while then the Doctor stopped.  

"WHy'd you stop running?"  Seohyun asked.

"THere's something... i missed."  The Doctor said thinking, then he opened his eyes wide and looked up at the sky.  Tiny black dots were falling down.

"Is that what i think it is?"  Seohyun asked.  

"Leeches!  RUn!!"  The Doctor yelled.  Leeches fell on the city as people yelled and screamed.  The Doctor stopped under a large tree that would stop the leeches from getting to him and Seohyun.

"Omygod!"  Seohyun yelled at the sight of the leeches.

"THey're mad.. The Leeches... We need to get this object to them and quick.. or else their leeches will drain all the life energy from every living creature here."

"YOu said they were peaceful!"

"I said they were peaceful USUALLY.. NOT when theyre mad."  The Doctor said.

"Do something!"  Seohyun pressed him.

"I'm thinking!  Dont interrupt!"  The Doctor yelled back shutting up Seohyun.  "Think think think... Leeches.. in sky.  Falling down.. Spaceship in sky... people... starting to die.. THINKKK!!!"  The doctor hit his head a couple of times then a light bulb lit up.  "Seohyung!  Where's a place where i can get closer to the sky!!!"

"Umm.. Well.. there are a lot of tall buildings-"
"Anywhere close to here?!"  The Doctor yelled.

"Umm.. Well we could try my school.. not the tallest but tall enough."  Seohyun suggested.  

"Perfect!  Lead the way!"  The Doctor yelled.

"Umm alright.."  Seohyun then ran with the Doctor following her.

They ran to UCLA then entered the school, ran up the stairs and all the way to the roof.  

Seohyun was panting, "What are you planning on doing?"

"Making peace."  The doctor said smiling at her.  "HEYYYYYY  YYOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"  He yelled extremely loudly which made Seohyun cover her ears.  THere was a few seconds of silence but then all of a sudden a huge black spaceship appeared slowly right in front of Seohyun and the Doctor.

Seohyun's mouth dropped and she couldnt believe her eyes.  The Doctor simply stood there with his hands in his pockets.

"Who are you?"  There came a loud manly voice from the spaceship.

"More importantly.  Youre sending deadly leeches down on earth.  You need to stop."

"ON whose command?"

"YOu want this right?"  The Doctor took out the metal object as Seohyun looked on.

"WERE YOU THE ONE WHO ATTACKED US?!"  The voice roared.

"NO! of course not!  Who do you think i am?!  It just fell down to this earth and this.. human.."  the Doctor looked at Seohyun who just shrugged and walked back a bit, "girl.. found it.  You're very lucky im returning it."

"Oh and this burnt part on part of the inscription indicates that you werent attacked.. it simply wasnt cleaned in a while so it burned and rusted and fell off the ship."  The Doctor said cleverly.  The metal object shook a bit then flew to the ship.

"We thank you... BUT  WE have seen enough of this planet.  Earth.. Will be the nesting place of our children."  Seohyun widened her eyes and looked at the Doctor troubled.

"What makes you say that?"  The Doctor asked with hands in his pockets still.

"We have the power.  And no human can stop us."

"I'm warning you.  Earth is a level 5 planet... you cant just come here and decide on your own that you're going to take it."  The Doctor said in a serious tone.

"We do not know how a human such as yourself knows this.. but you cannot stop us.  We are far beyond your level of power."

"No.. YOU are far BELOW my level of power..  And you dont want to anger me."  The Doctor said keeping his cool.

"WE can easily kill you."

"Try if you can.  Really try."  He said testing them, "It wont be my fault that your CHILDREN were destroyed because your stupid mistake."

"And what mistake is that?"

the doctor smirked, "The mistake of angering a time lord."

"Time lords were destroyed long ago!  You lie!"  

"Yes they were.. and do you know by whom?"  he hesitated and smirked once more, "By none other than the Doctor."

"You cant be-"

"Oh yes i can..  The last time lord alive.  From the planet of Gallifrey that was destroyed long ago."  He paused as Seohyun looked at him with wide eyes and the space ship stayed still.

"I'm.  The Doctor.  Make the wise decision.. Run."  The Doctor said as the spaceship immediately flew away taking all its children with it.  The people below stopped screaming and helped one another up as they looked up at the sky.

"Wh-What are you?"  Seohyun asked.  

The Doctor smiled, "The Doctor."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sparks were flying as the Doctor fixed up the TARDIS.  

"Oommpphh"  He said as he was clearing away the smoke.  He then took his sonic screwdriver and scanned the TARDIS.  "Perfect.  Not as good as new but good."  THe Doctor smiled at his work.

Seohyun simply stood there seeing him do his work, "YOu know.. never knew aliens were out there.. never believed in those kind of stuff.  But.  Now i kinda obviously do.  One is standing right in front of me."

The Doctor smiled at her as he put his screwdriver back in his inner pockets of this blazer, "Well you learn new things everyday."

"Thank you."  Seohyun said out of the blue.

"Why do you say that?"  The Doctor asked him.

"I've... Just been having a dull life lately... TOO dull.. It's like.. i dont know how to explain it."  Seohyun said laughing a bit and looking down, "This experience really made my day.  Thank you."

"No problem seohyung."  The Doctor said smiling.

"Its SeoHYUN."

"No kidding?"  The doctor said confused then he shrugged, "Well alright then."

"Okay.. well i really should get going.  see you later Doctor."  Seohyun said as she started walking away.  The Doctor thought for a few seconds then called out her name, "Seohyun!"

She turned around at him.  "I dont really ask this much to anyone.. But.."  The Doctor hesitated, "Would you like to come with me?"

"Where?"  She asked.

"travel the universe.. you know.. time travel different times and events in history.. its really quite fun."

"Time travel?"  Seohyun asked bewildered.

"Yea.  Didnt you hear all that 'time lord' stuff?"  He asked.

"Yea.. but.. i didnt think time travel-"

"Well belive it."  He smiled at her, "You willing to come and explore?"

Seohyun paused a bit bewildered, "I would love to.. but.. i cant leave.. i have school and everything. priorities in life."

"Oh well thats not problem i can get you back in the same time as now.  Time travelling.  Does wonders."

Seohyun thought a bit then she looked up at him, "Sure.  Why not?"

THe Doctor smiled out of excitement, "Excellent!!  Well come along then.  This is my trusty TARDIS!  Well.. trusty not all the time.. or most of th time.. but trusty enough.  And yes it is bigger on the inside so dont fib."

They entered the TARDIS and Seohyun mouth dropped once again, "Oh my god..."

"Incredible isnt she?  A true beauty."  The Doctor said the TARDIS.  "Now.  Where off to first?"

"I dont know.. dont you have to pick at stuff?"

"You choose.  My newest and first companion in well 600 years-- dont ask."  He said as he saw the expression on her face.  Seohyun shook her head, "Well alright then...  HOw about... the era of shakespeare?"  

"Sounds good."  The Doctor smiled pressed a few buttons and pulled a lever, "Seohyun.. get ready for the greatest adventure of your life."

Seohyun smiled out of excitement as they were off.