Ice Cream and Nerves

My Secret Love

After the uncontrollable tears of the previous night, Yoongi was embarrassed.  Adding insult to injury, he realized he was jealous of Taehyung even though he hadn't met him yet. It annoyed him that Jinny was so nervous about this 'perfect' boy coming. In her excitement and fear that everything won't be perfect, she forced him to clean to her satisfaction his already neat and clean room.  Jinny even dragged him to go shopping with her to get a present for her boyfriend. 

Still, Yoongi didn't complain as he enjoyed every moment with her.  Even when she made him try on so many clothes and giggled at him when they didn't suit him. She was also consoling and told Yoongi he was not just cute but also a hottie of the highest rank. This was just what he needed to make him feel better. his ego in her sweet genuine way made him like her even more, but that was exactly his problem. He didn't want to like her even more than he already did.

When they finally choose the perfect gift, he was so relieved that he treated her to ice cream.  He didn't expect the little shop at the mall to have such delicious home-made ice cream.  Jinny loved it and mentioned she had never had an ice cream date.  It made Yoongi very happy to be her first, in something at least. Jinny took pictures of them enjoying the treats and said she wanted to remember the fun they had.  

"At first, I didn't want to come," he said, "but I never want to forget the funny little things you do and say." 

"Thank you, Yoongi.  I haven't laughed so much in a very long time.  It's all because of you."

 

After the delicious home-made ice cream, we went home and got ready for our visitor.

"How long will he stay with us?" Yoongi asked.

"Only two days then he's going to visit his family before he goes back to work."

Yoongi was relieved that the stay would only last the weekend. "It must be hard not being able to see each other every day."

"It is, but we talk every day about every thing going on in our lives."

"Does he know about your nightmares?"  Yoongi wonders if he knows about him, after all, he didn't know about her boyfriend.

"Yes, kind of. He knows I have trouble sleeping, but I haven't told him I sleep in your bed. Please don't say anything."

"Yea. I don't think it he would be happy about it especially since I'm not really your brother.  What will you do tonight? You won't be able to sleep with me, Jinny."

In a soft voice, she replied, "I'll be fine. If I get scared, I'll call mom."

"Okay, if you say so."

She hoped it wouldn't be a big deal but to be honest she was very anxious.  

What would her parents think if they heard her cry out in the night?  What would Taehyung think? She hated to think about the terror she had no control over.  Yoongi could see the worry on her face and he was concerned.

When Taehyung arrived Jinny was so excited she forgot all about it.  He put down the bags he was carrying and greeted her with a warm smile and a big hug.

"I missed you so much Jagi!"

"Oh Tae, I've missed you too! You look so handsome and taller too!  Come, I want you to meet my step-brother, Yoongi. He's cool.  I know you're going to like him. You will be sharing his room."

Yoongi's normal voice went down a notch after hearing Taehyungs deep husky voice. "Nice to meet you," Yoongi said looking up at the taller boy. "I've heard a lot about you."