It's You

yulyulk is typing...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12

 

Although Yoona went through a harsh and difficult period to forget about the tanned girl, she finally believes that she is ready to move on. However, while going through this period, she gradually isolated herself from the public as her introverted side slowly crept back into her life. Krystal has been feeling the closest to her but even after seeing constant, convincing smiles that the doe-eyed displays on her face when she is with her, Jessica knows something isn’t right.

 

The trio was out at the cinema to watch a movie on a Friday night.

“Yoona and I will get some snacks. Find us a seat, Sica.” Krystal instructed. Jessica could only obey the latter’s commands but before she did, “Remember to get me gummy bears.” She reminded that led a delightful grin on Yoona’s face. “I wasn’t going to forget.”

 

Jessica found herself a seat and waited patiently while watching the trailers. When the movie was just about to start, she heard two rowdy figures walking up the stairs with loads of snacks in their arms. It was, of course, her two friends as she had inspected.

“Can you guys be any louder?” Jessica whispered. “Sorry.” Yoona giggled, taking a seat between the two and handed the pack of gummy bears to her Unnie. Jessica smiled through the dark and immediately tore open the package to devour her candy.

Throughout the movie, Jessica could only focus on Yoona who repeatedly leaned more to Krystal’s side to leave comments about the film. Before then, Yoona would always discuss her thoughts to the Ice Princess but today, the girl felt distant to her best friend. Jessica didn’t want to her admit her jealousy and continued to slouch down like a sack of potatoes and eat her snack.

 

When the three left the theatres, Jessica noticed Yoona had wrapped her arms around Krystal’s making it seem as if they were a real couple and leaving behind their other friend as a third wheeler. The Ice Princess was the oldest amongst them so she could handle their childish gestures, right? Wrong, although she was the oldest out of the three, she still craved attention from her dongsaengs.

“Geez, why are you two acting so much like a couple today? Is there something going on that I don’t know about?” Jessica exclaimed making the two girls at front blush madly. “No—there’s nothing going on.” Krystal quickly answered, feeling Yoona releasing her arm out of hers. “Then stop with this cute . I’m here too you know.” Jessica wasn’t receiving any replies except giggles from the younger ones. This upset the Ice Princess that they weren’t taking her words seriously. Jessica knocked on the doe-eyed’s head from the behind. “Ow! Unnie!”

“Yah! Don’t hit Yoona.” Krystal defended but earned herself a smack to the forehead. “Who are you to tell me what to do? I’m your unnie.” She reminded

Krystal wasn’t pleased with the way the Ice Princess was acting so she decided to not provoke her any further. She already knew Jessica was acting jealous and tried solving this problem by including her into their loving atmosphere.

 

“I’m hungry~” Yoona whined at her friend that made her smile gracefully. “Let’s eat then. Jessica where do you wanna go?”

“I don’t mind anything,” Jessica responded with her eyes fixed to her phone. She was currently playing a game and didn’t want to lose focus otherwise she would have lost her highest score. As they were walking down the escalator, Jessica missed her step and tumbled down the stairs.

“Oh my god, Sica! Are you okay?” Yoona asked anxiously as she dashed her way to the injured latter. Jessica couldn’t answer after being too embarrassed about what had just happened. She looked around her surroundings to observe the number of people who witnessed her clumsy accident. “I’m fine I think,” Jessica mumbled as her face was burning. Her two friends assisted the girl to get back up on her feet and exited the building.


 

Yoona was brushing her teeth and was getting ready for the night after spending a wonderful day with her closest friends. She hopped into bed but before she slept, Yoona had a habit of scrolling through social media before falling asleep. The doe-eyed noticed a red notification in her Instagram inbox and opened it unhesitantly, thinking it was just another meme sent from Jessica. However, her heart sank to the bottom of her chest when she realized it wasn’t what she ever expected.

 

An unread message from yulyulk…

 

The message was sent a few hours ago while she was watching the movie. Yoona hasn't checked her phone ever since because she was distracted from having such a great time with her friends. Her eyes became an instant blur from the tears that were urging to release as she debated whether to open the message now or to wait until tomorrow and call Jessica about it. Once she allowed a few drops to fall, she couldn’t seem to stop the tears that were dramatically running down her face. Yoona was more sensitive than she has thought when bringing up Yuri again back into her life. She truly did believe she could handle anything that was coming her way. However, the tanned proved her wrong.

After trying to hold in the eager to read the text, Yoona couldn’t hold herself back anymore from the curiosity and opened the chat. There was a long paragraph presented on her screen. Yoona

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter