Chapter 16: Clarity

We Got Married - JinJi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

So this is what a zombie felt like, Jisoo thought as she danced like a noodle to the choreography of their newest song. 

She'd been dragging on through the days like a zombie, her movements and instinct were only for survival. Eat, drink, sing, dance, sleep. Eat, drink, sing, dance, sleep. 

She rarely talked to her friends - she could see their look of concern, but she could hardly care. All she wanted to do was exist, and not live. 

She'd been so stupid, thinking Jinyoung was going to wait for her, do what it takes for them to be together. The stiff reaction he gave her at Gayo was a clear message: I don't want you anymore, silly girl. 

"Trees should be cut from the roots so they die and rot faster," Jisoo sang as she chopped the vegetables in their dorm's kitchen. "Don't give them little water and little sunshine, don't prolong their torture." 

Why was she even crying about him at this point? She should move on and choose from the abundant selection of handsome guys in her circle. 

But he's the one you want, a voice automatically whispered in her head.

"Aish," she groaned, hitting her head with her fist. "Shut up." 

She missed the worried look Chaeyoung threw at her. 

She continued chopping with a new kind of ferocity. These vegetables deserve to be pulverized. How dare they look so vibrant and lovely. All lovely things must die. 

"Die, die, die," she sang in a happy tune. 

The door to their dorm opened and Jennie walked in. 

"Hi, Jendeukie," Jisoo sang as she beat the vegetables past the point of cooking. 

Jennie raised an eyebrow at her and rolled her eyes, walking to her room. 

"Lunch is about to be served!" 

"Eat that pile of crap on your own, unnie," Jennie shot back from her room. 

. . .

The day after...

Jinyoung was woken up by frantic knocking outside his room. 

"Wait a second," he said groggily, sitting up and walking to the door. He expected Bambam or Jackson outside since they were usually the only ones with the audacity to wake him up. 

It's Saturday morning, he thought. Why can't a guy get some sleep - 

He opened the door, ready to yell at whoever it was. But he stopped when he saw cat-like eyes glaring up at him. 

"What are you doing here?" He asked Jennie Kim, uncaring if she can smell his morning breath. 

Jennie, who was flanked by Jaebum, crossed her arms. "Park Jinyoung, you damn better man up." 

"Excuse me?" 

"It's time you talk to Jisoo-unnie," Jennie declared. "She's been moping around since god knows when. Take her out of her misery and talk to her, please." 

Jinyoung was taken aback. First of all, it was really early in the morning. Second, what Jennie was saying didn't make sense to him. Third, was that Jaebum's hoodie she was wearing? 

"It's mine, you ," Jennie snapped, as if reading his mind. 

He shook the sleep off, trying to collect his thoughts. The most important thing was what he asked about. 

"Jisoo's miserable?" 

"Of course she is," Jennie said. 

"But... Jackson's been relaying all the things I want to say to her, right?" 

"Yes, I've telling her as well," Jennie frowned with concern. "But nothing seems to get to her. She's devastated over how you treated her during Gayo." 

Jinyoung ran his hands through his hair in frustration. "Dammit."

"Go talk to her, please, for godsakes," Jennie said as she put on sunglasses. It make her look like a bug. "I'm so tired of seeing her walk around like a goddamn zombie. It's creeping everyone out." 

Jinyoung nodded, deep in thought. 

"Jaebum-ie's driving us to the dorm. Get ready and clean yourself up - your breath stinks." 

 

Jinyoung's mind was occupied. He took a bath and fixed himself up in a blur, and on the car ride, he was constantly spacing out. 

He was going to see Jisoo today. 

She'd been crying over him.

He had hurt her. 

Why doesn't it matter to her that he's been doing everything for her? What's gotten into her - what happened to the confidence she had in him? 

He was about to find out. 

. . . 

She opened the door found Jennie outside their dorm. 

"Jendeukie? You have a key, right?"

Jennie took a deep breath and rushed out, "Hi unnie, I'm so sorry I sprung this up on you, but this had to happen one way or another so I just went ahead and did it myself I love you please don't get too mad okay bye we'll be back in an hour okay bye." 

She pulled someone's arm and pushed him inside, plowing into Jisoo without a moment's hesitation. 

"Oof," she groaned, the wind knocked out of her. 

She looked up and Park Jinyoung was standing in front of her, larger than life. 

She suddenly had a hard time breathing. 

They stood there, staring at each other for what felt like an eternity. She memorized his face, just in case he decides to leave again. 

He looked so different, but at the same time, so familiar. His shoulders were wider, and his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter